clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
same stones

IMG_1137ss.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Sally's work with a Namibian tourmaline from Barry, handshot.

IMG_1129s (800x600).jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stones and ring, Lovinggems!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 4:12:03 AM
Author: simplysplendid
Gorgeous stones and ring, Lovinggems!
Ditto!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T thats going to be a super hot bracelet!
30.gif

Lovinggems, great ring!

-A

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t read this whole thread - but this is about what we have coming right?
1.gif

I have a set of stackers coming from One Garnet Girl on Etsy. The "greenish" stone is mine - it''s from Dan Stair. She provided the other stones. It was really hard to match colors with my stone as it green/blue and so I couldn''t really use any green or blue stones cause that made my stone look really the opposite color. So it took quite some time and a lot of pics to come up with this. This is a quick picture she toook and I hope to get them next week!

Attachments

• stackers_final.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 118

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:05:51 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Just picked up this 1.03 ct, 6mm, well cut square cushion Mali Prehnite off eBay from the Gem Trader for 99 cents.
1.gif
Fortunately Brad was kind and allowed me to waive the required $2 insurance.
20.gif
what a neat gem. do you know what you will do with it?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 9:41:11 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
I haven''t read this whole thread - but this is about what we have coming right?
1.gif

I have a set of stackers coming from One Garnet Girl on Etsy. The ''greenish'' stone is mine - it''s from Dan Stair. She provided the other stones. It was really hard to match colors with my stone as it green/blue and so I couldn''t really use any green or blue stones cause that made my stone look really the opposite color. So it took quite some time and a lot of pics to come up with this. This is a quick picture she toook and I hope to get them next week!
I love the color combination. She did a very good job. I can''t wait to see more pictures!!
36.gif
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 10:14:48 PM
Author: mochi
It looks like all the inexpensive items are all gone at Finewaters. Wish there were more!
I woke up to read the newsletter, then off to see. and all the gems were gone
39.gif
Great gems though!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LG...those are lovely pictures. Your ring is gorgeous!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 2:57:53 AM
Author: Lovinggems
same stones
Loving What a great Collection. They look soooo vibrant
36.gif

ETA: love your ring! two tone looks awesome

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 9:41:11 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
1.gif

I have a set of stackers coming from One Garnet Girl on Etsy. The ''greenish'' stone is mine - it''s from Dan Stair. She provided the other stones. It was really hard to match colors with my stone as it green/blue and so I couldn''t really use any green or blue stones cause that made my stone look really the opposite color. So it took quite some time and a lot of pics to come up with this. This is a quick picture she toook and I hope to get them next week!
anything and everything
1.gif

Great stacker can''t wait to see your thread on these
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 11:14:53 AM
Author: D&T

Date: 8/14/2009 8:05:51 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Just picked up this 1.03 ct, 6mm, well cut square cushion Mali Prehnite off eBay from the Gem Trader for 99 cents.
1.gif
Fortunately Brad was kind and allowed me to waive the required $2 insurance.
20.gif
what a neat gem. do you know what you will do with it?
I have no idea. It is costing me a total of $2.99, including shipping, so I will be getting my money''s worth from just looking at it.
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 2:53:45 AM
Here''re my little baby gems.

Left: 2 Tourmalines from Gem line.
Middle: Demantoid garnet, Gem Line. Malaya and Mali garnet, Barry Bridgestock.
Right: Color change garnet, Precision Gem.
LG - Lovely gems. I am especially interested in the color change garnet. I''d love to see pictures under different lighting to show the color change. Getting one of those is at the very top of my way too long wish list.
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG,
Your demantoid is fabulous - it keeps catching my attention. Can you share some stats on it and where you purchased it? I love how incredibly green it is and so vivid too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
LG - what beautiful pictures - that is some great eye candy

hoofbeats - pretty stackers

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is my newest stone.

A 5.32 ct pink tourmaline from a mine near San Diego. I got it at The Collector, the store for Pala Gems. The safe for all the stones you see on the Pala website is in the same building. The invitatory is crazy. I asked if they had any pink spinels, they brought out 2 trays full! I am moving soon, and I am going to miss this area. BF convinced me it would be fun to have a stone that came from this area. I measured it, it is about 10x13 mm. It is pretty clean for a cab.

sdpinktour.jpg

sdpinktouraqua.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 5:05:20 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Here is my newest stone.

A 5.32 ct pink tourmaline from a mine near San Diego. I got it at The Collector, the store for Pala Gems. The safe for all the stones you see on the Pala website is in the same building. The invitatory is crazy. I asked if they had any pink spinels, they brought out 2 trays full! I am moving soon, and I am going to miss this area. BF convinced me it would be fun to have a stone that came from this area. I measured it, it is about 10x13 mm. It is pretty clean for a cab.

sdpinktour.jpg

sdpinktouraqua.jpg
Beautiful Cab!!! what will you do with it? do you have a thread on this by chance?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! No I just threw it into my stacking ring thread. I will make a thread when I set it. I am thinking of a setting similar to FlyGirls, it is funny. I bought the stone was thinking of ways to set it, got home, and she had posted her thread. Funny how things happen. I am also thinking about setting it into a pendant.

If I can find a stone for a lotus ring, I will probably send it to Sally (I like sending more than one stone since shipping is so expensive). If I can't, I will look at some of the other Etsy vendors.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 7:09:52 PM
Thanks! No I just threw it into my stacking ring thread. I will make a thread when I set it. I am thinking of a setting similar to FlyGirls, it is funny. I bought the stone was thinking of ways to set it, got home, and she had posted her thread. Funny how things happen. I am also thinking about setting it into a pendant.

If I can find a stone for a lotus ring, I will probably send it to Sally (I like sending more than one stone since shipping is so expensive). If I can't, I will look at some of the other Etsy vendors.
What a pretty cab, LtlFirecracker! It is a nice size for either a ring or a pendant. Such a pretty pink color. I'm still loving my star rose quartz cab ring. If you go that route, I'm sure you will love the results. I enjoy the inspiration I get from others here, and so happy to do my part. Thanks.
35.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SS, Kribbie, Arcadian, Mochi, Chrono, LFC.
12.gif

I love all the projects everyone's doing at the moment, this is a fabulous thread with heaps of eye candies.

Chrono- my Russian demantoid is from Gemline, 4.7mm, 0.52ct. Outstanding colour and saturation, colour is deeper in real life when not in full sun, to me it's fabulous in all lightings. I just bought a 4.6mm and am kicking myself not getting my hands on the 5.3mm sooner. I truly doubt I can collect 3 more stones to make a 5 stone ring but am still hoping...

The colour change garnet - Its best colour is the reddish purple, it turns to a darker purple sometimes, very hard to capture. I was wearing a blue jumper yesterday and at a certain angle it looked tealish blue, my hubby told me I'm seeing things... I just took the garnet outside today and it's a dark grayish purple (rainy, cloudy weather).

The mali garnet very firey in real life, and the malaya garnet looks a bit like a pad colour sapphire. Barry's stones never disappoints.

The two tourmalines are from Gemline are the same stock as Arcadian's (I think they have more than 1 of these in stock). Very inexpensive and Michael is very good at answering emails and great to deal with.

30437.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Chrono - are you on Gene''s spinel list? Have you managed to buy one yet?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I wonder who else is on that spinel list. I know I am....
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my tsav from Barry, now to find a setting!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 7:28:29 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Do you have pictures?????

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2009 7:50:37 PM
Date: 8/16/2009 7:28:29 PM

Author: MakingTheGrade

Do you have pictures?????

Working on it, haha. I''ll post some later this afternoon if I have time. I just got back from the Honeymoon, there''s a lot of unpacking to be done.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2009 5:29:57 AM

Yup, I sure am. Gene said he’ll be cutting a large Mahenge in the next few days.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG,
That’s a fine looking demantoid. It is pretty high up my wish list and GemLine seems to be the only one with a consistent demantoid inventory, so I’ll be keeping my eye out for a 6 mm stone probably early next year.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 7:47:44 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 8/16/2009 5:29:57 AM

Yup, I sure am. Gene said he’ll be cutting a large Mahenge in the next few days.

ooooooooooohhhhh
31.gif
can''t wait to see that one!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I finally made a selection from the AC Stones sale. This pendant is a Barbara Smigel design with goldsmith Felipe Sandoval, made of botryoidal carnelian, grossular garnet and honey chalcedony. Barry says it is a really heavy piece due to all the gold.
3.gif
I''ve been looking at carnelian and finally realized I could never put together such a fabulous piece for the price. It should be stunning to own and wear. I can hardly wait.
36.gif

PendantGA-4272J.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results