shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Canera Vintage Octagonal Solitaire with French Cut Diamonds

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
I'm SOOO glad you're happy with the new setting - I know you deliberated for a long time. It's so great when you can collaborate with an artist, and they can help you fill in the gaps in your imagination that you didn't even know were there! All of the elements are so divine and make for such a uniquely beautiful and graceful ring when combined! And the coverage :dance: Congrats, congrats, congrats!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Beyond words gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

It looks perfect on you!

Thanks so much for sharing your stunning ring!
However, now I'm questioning whether a classic solitaire is my preferred setting. :doh:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your idea for a partly engraved partly french cut band. Your ring stands so beautiful on its own and also looks stunning with one or two bands. Very versatile. I keep coming back to your thread as I am so happy for you that Victor created such a piece of art for you.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the video on Victor's IG and was floored. This is a beautiful heriloom ring and it looks gorgeous on you! Congratulations. Love :love::love::love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just visiting again to drool over your ring, @LLJsmom .... yep, it's still amazingly gorgeous. :P2 (Note to Admin: there ought to be a drooling emoji for us here!)

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw this on IG as well! This is absolutely gorgeous and a masterpiece! :love:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Also so very happy for you! Congratulations on this unique beautiful ring!!! :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting more photos! I am continually entranced by this masterpiece, and I think it looks amazing with your existing bands. :love: Your idea about an alternating band with french cuts and engraved segments would be incredible, too, and the style of your ring lends itself to many wonderful options! Also, just out of curiosity, could you tell me the width of the french cut cathedral shoulders and/or the shank? I know Victor's tri-wire bands are more of a medium width, but was wondering what that translates to in terms of mm. Your ring is absolute perfection, just a knockout!! :love::love::love:

Hi Carbonfan, thank you so much for being so happy for me. I love this ring too, and have been wearing it all day. For two days, I wore it with bands. I currently feel a little better about wearing it alone. It will take a while to figure out what I feel most comfortable with. The shoulders with the french cut shoulders are 2.667 mm, assuming I have used the calipers correctly. The tri-wire section seems to be about 2.54mm, just slightly narrower.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm SOOO glad you're happy with the new setting - I know you deliberated for a long time. It's so great when you can collaborate with an artist, and they can help you fill in the gaps in your imagination that you didn't even know were there! All of the elements are so divine and make for such a uniquely beautiful and graceful ring when combined! And the coverage :dance: Congrats, congrats, congrats!
Thank you @dazzlerazzle. You are right. Victor definitely filled in the gaps. I can't wait to see your thread on your SK beauty.

Saw this on VC's IG -- UGH!! So gorgeous!!
Thank you @msop04

Wow! Beyond words gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

It looks perfect on you!

Thanks so much for sharing your stunning ring!
However, now I'm questioning whether a classic solitaire is my preferred setting. :doh:
Thank you @december-fire for your lovely thoughts and comments. I've been reflecting on this. I am going back to my other post in RockyTalky to put some final thoughts on the appropriateness of the setting.

Love your idea for a partly engraved partly french cut band. Your ring stands so beautiful on its own and also looks stunning with one or two bands. Very versatile. I keep coming back to your thread as I am so happy for you that Victor created such a piece of art for you.
@Acinom thank you so much. I am really enjoying it alone at the moment. Did you ever say or do you wear your VC rings alone?

I saw the video on Victor's IG and was floored. This is a beautiful heriloom ring and it looks gorgeous on you! Congratulations. Love :love::love::love:
@SparklyOEC thank you so much. I still go back to the IG post to watch the videos. It is amazing and I am very lucky.

Just visiting again to drool over your ring, @LLJsmom .... yep, it's still amazingly gorgeous. :P2 (Note to Admin: there ought to be a drooling emoji for us here!)
@stonewell, I have asked for that emoji too! :mrgreen2:

I saw this on IG as well! This is absolutely gorgeous and a masterpiece! :love:
@Yimmers, Thank you! Yes, I would have to agree. It is Victor's masterpiece.

Also so very happy for you! Congratulations on this unique beautiful ring!!! :love::love::love:
@Roi Thank you. You know what it's like to have one of Victor's gorgeous rings. Amazing feeling, right?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came back to add - I cannot get over how white this stone looks! So gorgeous!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom!!!
I am absolutely THRILLED FOR YOU!! I know how you pained over your decision, and how you worried about this process. I can't tell you how pleased I am to see this final product; VC kicks ASS!!! Your detailed experience was extremely pleasant to read; I am more & more likely to use VC, in the future. So many PSers are so happy with his work, and seeing all of his unique pieces just convinces me more that he fits my style. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to work with him, even if that meant having to put away extra money to "afford" him. I must have a VC custom creation in my collection!! BRAVO, LLJsmom!!! YOU DID IT!!! :mrgreen2:
There is nothing about this masterpiece NOT to love!! She completely belongs on your finger!! I couldn't be more happy for you! I only regret I can't HUG YOU!! I can only imagine the hours of sleep you've lost over this project...and it was all worth it! The stone he had to work with was superb!! The rest, I'm certain, was easy for him!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wear her in great health & happiness!! I'm so happy she has a forever home!!! :clap:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Carbonfan, thank you so much for being so happy for me. I love this ring too, and have been wearing it all day. For two days, I wore it with bands. I currently feel a little better about wearing it alone. It will take a while to figure out what I feel most comfortable with. The shoulders with the french cut shoulders are 2.667 mm, assuming I have used the calipers correctly. The tri-wire section seems to be about 2.54mm, just slightly narrower.

I can totally understand why you might enjoy this as a standalone ring... one of the many amazing aspects of this ring is that it can go either way! Thank you for the details on the width, too! In following your journey I can really relate to all of your dilemmas, preferences, concerns, etc. and I am so, so, SO happy for you!! All of your diligent effort paid off and I feel like I am vicariously celebrating with you as you enjoy this amazing masterpiece!! I love, love, LOVE your ring!!! :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom!!!
I am absolutely THRILLED FOR YOU!! I know how you pained over your decision, and how you worried about this process. I can't tell you how pleased I am to see this final product; VC kicks ASS!!! Your detailed experience was extremely pleasant to read; I am more & more likely to use VC, in the future. So many PSers are so happy with his work, and seeing all of his unique pieces just convinces me more that he fits my style. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to work with him, even if that meant having to put away extra money to "afford" him. I must have a VC custom creation in my collection!! BRAVO, LLJsmom!!! YOU DID IT!!! :mrgreen2:
There is nothing about this masterpiece NOT to love!! She completely belongs on your finger!! I couldn't be more happy for you! I only regret I can't HUG YOU!! I can only imagine the hours of sleep you've lost over this project...and it was all worth it! The stone he had to work with was superb!! The rest, I'm certain, was easy for him!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wear her in great health & happiness!! I'm so happy she has a forever home!!! :clap:
Thank you @Matthews1127 Your kind comments and excitement are so infectious. (((BIG HUG))) to you too. I hope that you will some day find the right opportunity to work with him. Since you are a communicator, I think that will work well. I think he really enjoyed working on the project, which makes me feel reassured that he wanted the result to turn out even better than I did.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can totally understand why you might enjoy this as a standalone ring... one of the many amazing aspects of this ring is that it can go either way! Thank you for the details on the width, too! In following your journey I can really relate to all of your dilemmas, preferences, concerns, etc. and I am so, so, SO happy for you!! All of your diligent effort paid off and I feel like I am vicariously celebrating with you as you enjoy this amazing masterpiece!! I love, love, LOVE your ring!!! :love::love::love:
Thank you @carbonfan. If you ever add an old cut to our collection, you should have him make something amazing for you too. Thank you for being so excited for me. It just multiplies my joy.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo happy for you that you finally got your forever setting, LLJsmom. It's gorgeous!!:love::love::love::love:

And I second what others have said, your centre stone is so white!! Love!! It's so beautiful it makes me yearn for an old cut!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just happened to look at this thread on my work laptop - and oh my! it's even prettier in BIG pictures than on my phone :love: I've just looked at all the pics again and it is really quite ridiculously lovely. Also that plain milgrain band is perfection next to the magnificence of your ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came back to add - I cannot get over how white this stone looks! So gorgeous!
Thank you @mrs-b it looks whiter now in more environments than it did before. There are definitely times and places where i see more color.

What a beauty! Congratulations as it looks like perfection on you. :clap:
. @ccuheartnurse thank you so much.

Soooo happy for you that you finally got your forever setting, LLJsmom. It's gorgeous!!:love::love::love::love:

And I second what others have said, your centre stone is so white!! Love!! It's so beautiful it makes me yearn for an old cut!!
. @Phoenix thank you so much. It's a trickier little thing. Like I told @mrs-b it is whiter in more places now than before, to me anyway. But in yellower rooms, I end up seeing more fire. Strange. And also weird that I never identified that before. So although the stone may have more color, the fiery flashes distract me so I don't focus on it. That's my theory anyway. I can't even imagine if you got an old cut!! Wow!!!!!! What would you get, speaking hypothetically of course! :Up_to_something:

Just happened to look at this thread on my work laptop - and oh my! it's even prettier in BIG pictures than on my phone :love: I've just looked at all the pics again and it is really quite ridiculously lovely. Also that plain milgrain band is perfection next to the magnificence of your ring.
. @foxinsox thank you so much. The SLR does make a difference I guess. :)

Beautiful ring!..:clap:
. @Dancing Fire thank you. Your new watch is stunning and compliments everything.

ingenue214

Rough_Rock
I'm so late to the party but I wanted to just say what an exquisite ring this is!!! And I love that you have a video of its creation too.. it's an absolute stunner :love: I'm in love with all that beautiful Art Deco detailing - enjoy your work of art!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so late to the party but I wanted to just say what an exquisite ring this is!!! And I love that you have a video of its creation too.. it's an absolute stunner :love: I'm in love with all that beautiful Art Deco detailing - enjoy your work of art!!
Thank you @ingenue214 . It certainly gives me a little pick me up when I glance at it every day. =)2

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring on you, LLJsmom! I can recognize all the elements you wanted, and it looks like Victor did a wonderful job making your dream setting a reality. If Victor is thinking of making this for his wife, it really must be sublime in person-- I wonder what other setting can compete! Enjoy your new lovely~!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring on you, LLJsmom! I can recognize all the elements you wanted, and it looks like Victor did a wonderful job making your dream setting a reality. If Victor is thinking of making this for his wife, it really must be sublime in person-- I wonder what other setting can compete! Enjoy your new lovely~!
. Thank you @Skhii. Victor did an amazing job. He proposed an octagon back when I had my MRB but t didn't feel right at that time. I'm so happy that I finally had an oec that would work, that I would even want an eight sided bezel.

Not sure how I missed this stunner, good grief it is gorgeous!
. Thank you @lknvrb4 i appreciate your comment.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was hoping this stunner belonged to a Pricescoper!!! I needed more pictures of this beauty and your pics don't disappoint. Stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results