shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Canera Vintage Octagonal Solitaire with French Cut Diamonds

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holeeeeeeeeeey moleeeeey!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: I love it!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some have asked if you plan to wear a band with it. I don't know, imo some exceptional rings, like yours, just really MUST stand on their own. A band may only detract. This masterpiece needs no other embellishments. Do you have plans for Victor to make something to go with it? I know you are in an adjustment (swoon) period! :love:
Any thoughts LLJsmom?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word.... your ring is unspeakably gorgeous and quite possibly my favorite ring EVER!! :love::love::love: Victor did an amazing job as always... your ring is spectacular beyond belief, and I love the way it showcases your beautiful stone. And although I am not the least bit surprised that Victor did such an incredible job, I do think that this may be his greatest masterpiece yet!! I adore the octagonal shape, the engraved basket (Victor's engraving is TDF!!), the french sides and graceful cuffs... every exquisite detail!! :twirl: I am so thrilled that you love it and I hope the joy it brings you only multiplies with time. You are to be commended for your patience and perseverance, for taking the time to figure out exactly what you wanted and for being willing to trust Victor in the gray areas. And all of those efforts paid off in spades... your ring is perfect in every possible way and it looks incredible on you!! Seriously, drop the mic... I don't think there is anything more gorgeous anywhere!! I am so very thrilled for you!! :clap:
Thank you @carbonfan. You are too kind. Being patient and persevering is very unlike me. I would have trusted the process only with Victor, mostly because he has integrity and because he is a perfectionist. I didn't realize what an artist he is until now. I do love my ring so much. And strangely it seems to be getting bigger. I guess it's his magic. Hope you are still loving your ring and enjoying those amazing bands.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your collaboration with Victor! I held my breath while reading through your journey and the photos made my heart skip several beats. The results are simply... stunning. I am so happy for you that you love the outcome - that fabulous piece of art looks right at home on you!
@stonewell, thank you. I was holding my breath for weeks. :loopy: I had was out of town for two weeks but received the pics the first day I left. I was going nuts for 13 days waiting to receive my ring.

Oh my - your new setting is obscenely stunning! A true masterpiece. Congratulations - your planning clearly paid off!

You've also just reminded me that I wanted to start a hangout thread on people's experience of multifocal contact lenses!
@lissyflo Thank you. You're funny. "obscenely..." I get it. Yes, I love my multifocal contacts. I could never get accustomed to multifocal glasses. But the contacts are pricey, $700-$800 a year.

Beautiful! Congrats migrate on finding a forever setting!
@kayla17 thank you! It sure does feel forever, at least for now.

That ring is perfection. The balance, the elements, the overall presence... just WOW!!! And the video is to die for. I always love seeing how rings come together step by step, and for it to be given to you in video form is such a treasure. Congratulations on a stunning masterpiece :clap:
Will you be wearing a band with it?
@ILikeShiny Thank you. I am just realizing how much of a treat that video is. I am very lucky. I haven't decided on a band. I will try my single cuts and a plain band. I would like to try a rose gold band too. Right now, I am wearing it alone, because I don't want to damage the engraving. However, I don't think that will last long.

WOW!! I love it LLJ--you & Victor hit it out of the park!! I just saw the video on Insta earlier & thought what a lucky lady that one is going to--it is gorgeous!! Congratulations!!
@sarahb Thank you so much. I didn't even know it was on IG until I read your comment. :P2

This is completely amazing! Congratulations. I love it!
@HS4S_2 thank you!

Stunning in every way!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning in every way!
@Laila619 :wavey: Thank you!

Wow!! :love:
It's beautiful. One of the most beautiful I've ever seen.
Congratulations.
I want!! :mrgreen:
@imitcan Thank you. You are so sweet.

This is beautiful! Stunning! So happy for you!
@ceg Thank you so much!

Beautiful! I don't know about you, but sometimes I micromanage my designs. But I have to remind myself that the expert usually knows what they are talking about. And in this case.......holy wow! :appl:
@sjroberts , true! That is why they're the "experts". I tend to forget that. :roll2:

holeeeeeeeeeey moleeeeey!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: I love it!!!
Thank you @soxfan. Love seeing your beautiful rings as well.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous result. It has been a great collaboration between you and Victor. Your ring is such a stunning piece. I love the detailing: the ring shows Victor's top notch quality from every angle.

It's not a typical Victor style ring and he has proven that he can make it work. I hope you will enjoy wearing it for many many years to cone. So happy for you that you are thrilled with this ring. You have found your dream ring at last!!!

Your diamond shows off its beauty more than ever.

Thank you @Acinom. Your beautiful rings from VC are a constant source of inspiration for me. You are right that the tri-wire feels like nothing. No obstruction at all on the side fingers. I love how the tri-wire shank feels, the three wires soldered together. I am rubbing my thumb on the underside of the shank all the time. It is truly so pretty, with such clean and modern lines. Thanks for all your pictures and comments to help me decide.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This exactly!!! It's freaking gorgeous! :love::love::love:
I love the video. It made the whole experience look so personal. You get your ring and a cool keepsake! :dance:
@elle_71125 thank you so much. I love the video too. It is super cool, and was a lovely surprise.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can hardly think of words adequate to say how much I love this ring! :love::love::love: I was busy today and hadn't seen your post, but around 6pm eastern time I checked IG and saw Victor's post of the video! I messaged Missy and said, "Whose ring is that? I want it!!!"
It's really perfect for your stone and oh SO gorgeous! I was also wondering if you can wear a band with it? Can you take a pic with a band when you get a chance, please???
Victor did a fabulous job! You have an incredible heirloom ring!:appl:
Hi @diamondseeker2006 !! Thank you so much for all your comments and advice over the years. I am definitely one of the people who have benefited from your wisdom. I love the ring a little more every time I glance at it. I don't notice it because it is so light and low set and unobtrusive, and my stone feels so protected. Then when I remember to look, I am floored. And I've said this already, but it seems to get bigger sometimes.

I will get my bands and take some pics in the next several days. I am looking forward to finding the right bands, but I am also paranoid about damaging the engraving. I also love the big donut which will cause a big gap, which I love. When I was younger, I wanted the bands to sit flush against the e-ring. Now I want the gap.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:P2
It looks soooo beautiful on you! And your stone looks HUGE in that setting! So glad your stone found it's final home!:appl:
@m-2-b thank you so much. Thank you for all the encouragement and support. I am surprised that the stone does look bigger, but it's hard to nail down why since the metal bezel is so fine. It was so fun meeting with VC and discussing the details. I didn't make it to macarons though.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think probably the very clean smooth lines - I'm not used to seeing antique rings looking so crisp along the edges. Usually they're a little worn or more rounded but this is brand new so it's got lovely sharp edges (well not sharp sharp but you know what I mean).
The faceting really sings in that bezel/gallery btw - what a relief since you were worried that it might not be as bright but it's every bit as bright and possibly even more defined.

So true. This is so new. I probably need to beat it up and wear it for 30-40 years to get it all to look truly vintage. :mrgreen2: That works since that is part of the plan. Yes, so true. I do love seeing the faceting more clearly. My deteriorating eyesight has some help. =)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some have asked if you plan to wear a band with it. I don't know, imo some exceptional rings, like yours, just really MUST stand on their own. A band may only detract. This masterpiece needs no other embellishments. Do you have plans for Victor to make something to go with it? I know you are in an adjustment (swoon) period! :love:
Any thoughts LLJsmom?
I'm wearing it by itself right now. I guess in a way I am in an adjustment period. This ring is a lot, just sitting on my finger. I don't think I want anything to distract myself from this ring yet. But I am sure in a while, I will want to wear a band with it. Yes, I would definitely consider asking VC to make a band. I'm just not sure what yet. ;)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind a gap, either! With many antique style rings, that just comes with the territory! I agree that it would be important to be cautious in order to preserve the engraving, but I think it can be done by just not wearing the rings 16 hrs a day. I'd just take the band off as soon as I got home. I think Victor's french cut band would be perfect, but I also love his engraved band so much! I guess it would be nice to have both to alternate! :love:

I look forward to seeing more pictures of this beauty! It's fabulous!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind a gap, either! With many antique style rings, that just comes with the territory! I agree that it would be important to be cautious in order to preserve the engraving, but I think it can be done by just not wearing the rings 16 hrs a day. I'd just take the band off as soon as I got home. I think Victor's french cut band would be perfect, but I also love his engraved band so much! I guess it would be nice to have both to alternate! :love:
I look forward to seeing more pictures of this beauty! It's fabulous!!!
Thank you! I will try to get more pics soon. Yes, I would love a french cut and single cut alternating band. I think scale will be very important. I will probably want to keep it relatively thin, 1.8mm or under. This ring is like a VCA piece. I love the details more every time I look at it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! You need to post more pics!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, french cut and single cut would be pretty! I wouldn't go under 1.8, personally, because it might look too thin next to the 3 wire shank of the e-ring. Speaking of which, how wide is the shank of your ring?

I agree, it is a VERY fine piece! We are fortunate to have ringmakers like Victor who can provide us with highest end quality without the VCA (or other) price tag!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I absolutely how bright your stone looks in its new home and those french cutsssss I'm SUCH a sucker for them!!! :love::love::love: Congrats!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just have to say that I adore your ring more and more every time I see it! It is wowza in the best possible way!! :love::love::love: And I think you have earned the right to change your avatar now, too! You and Victor really hit it out of the park! Nailed it!! :clap:

I too will be curious to see what you decide with regard to a band, and like you, I have discovered that I really prefer a gap, so your donut is just perfection! I don't think you can go wrong with any of Victor's bands, and he has some truly amazing French cut ones. I have the alternating rectangular and square one and I absolutely love it; it is just over 2mm but it still seems delightfully delicate if that makes sense. I think an alternating French and single cut band would be out of this world as well. And please keep those pictures coming when you have time... I for one can't get enough!! :twirl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, sorry! I meant obscenely in an 'unbelievably, nothing should be that stunning' sort of way!
@lissyflo I'm not offended at all! I'm very flattered in fact. I know what you mean. If I wasn't on a public forum, my language would be peppered with a lot of four letter words, so descriptive adjectives are fun to use.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tri-wire is such a beautiful addition for your ring. So glad you love the look and feel.

I love stacking gaps. Your ring looks fabulous as a stand alone but will also combine beautifully with a band. I think the engraved band will look lovely? Looking forward to see how it combines with your milgrained and pave bands.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to say that I adore your ring more and more every time I see it! It is wowza in the best possible way!! :love::love::love: And I think you have earned the right to change your avatar now, too! You and Victor really hit it out of the park! Nailed it!! :clap:

I too will be curious to see what you decide with regard to a band, and like you, I have discovered that I really prefer a gap, so your donut is just perfection! I don't think you can go wrong with any of Victor's bands, and he has some truly amazing French cut ones. I have the alternating rectangular and square one and I absolutely love it; it is just over 2mm but it still seems delightfully delicate if that makes sense. I think an alternating French and single cut band would be out of this world as well. And please keep those pictures coming when you have time... I for one can't get enough!! :twirl:
Thanks for the reminder. I made the change to my avatar just now. I love your alternating french cut band. It's spectacular! Yes, really any of his bands would work.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tri-wire is such a beautiful addition for your ring. So glad you love the look and feel.

I love stacking gaps. Your ring looks fabulous as a stand alone but will also combine beautifully with a band. I think the engraved band will look lovely? Looking forward to see how it combines with your milgrained and pave bands.

Hi @Acinom, thanks for including my ring in the french cut thread. I do love his engraving. I am thinking some sort of engraved band with french cuts. I will see how my single cut works. I think an alternating engraved and french cut band would be great too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! You need to post more pics!!!
Thank you @nala. I will do so tonight.

Wow!! I absolutely how bright your stone looks in its new home and those french cutsssss I'm SUCH a sucker for them!!! :love::love::love: Congrats!!
Thank you @ac117. I love them too. My first french cuts, and I love them. I'm surprised how subtle they are, but they are soooooo pretty and easy to see. French cuts are amazing.

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
Gosh this is breathtakingly gorgeous! You're always so helpful to others looking for a stone or setting, and I'm happy that your own beautiful stone found such a stunning forever home! I'm in love with the delicate engraving and tri-wire shank :love: And you can never go wrong with French cuts! Congrats :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ!!! I've been wondering when you'd get your ring and lookie!!! It's absolutely STUNNING with all the detail yet it lets your stone SHINE and showcases even more if its beautiful personality. Even though you let Victor do his thing (rightfully =)2), it has YOU all over it!!! It's so magical. Enjoy every minute of it!!

Would love some photos of those yummy french cut sides!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect in every angle/view, but it comes to life on your pretty hand . You *deserve* this, you really thought it through on design. Congratulations, LLJs!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh this is breathtakingly gorgeous! You're always so helpful to others looking for a stone or setting, and I'm happy that your own beautiful stone found such a stunning forever home! I'm in love with the delicate engraving and tri-wire shank :love: And you can never go wrong with French cuts! Congrats :appl:

Thank you @blushpeony. Yes, I am very happy that I think this is the final home. I really hope so at least.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ!!! I've been wondering when you'd get your ring and lookie!!! It's absolutely STUNNING with all the detail yet it lets your stone SHINE and showcases even more if its beautiful personality. Even though you let Victor do his thing (rightfully =)2), it has YOU all over it!!! It's so magical. Enjoy every minute of it!!

Would love some photos of those yummy french cut sides!!!

Hi @JDDN, thank so much. You are the best. Thank you for all the therapy and bling shopping. I'll try to get some french cut pics. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect in every angle/view, but it comes to life on your pretty hand . You *deserve* this, you really thought it through on design. Congratulations, LLJs!

Thank you @azstonie, for everything, for the sage advice and analysis and just being there when I was freaking out. (((HUG))) You're awesome.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results