shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Canera Vintage Octagonal Solitaire with French Cut Diamonds

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Jaw-droppingly gorgeous!! WOW! Victor really does Art Deco inspired pieces with such precision and artistry! I'm thrilled you got exactly what you wanted. And I LOVE it with the bands as well :love: it couldn't look more perfect!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats!!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Smashing ring with spectacular details. I am so glad you are happy with it and with Victor's work--he is a gem himself. Wear it in good health!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Stunning! This ring is glorious! :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaw-droppingly gorgeous!! WOW! Victor really does Art Deco inspired pieces with such precision and artistry! I'm thrilled you got exactly what you wanted. And I LOVE it with the bands as well :love: it couldn't look more perfect!
@Bordeaux thank you so much. I am lucky that he loves Art Deco. I am surprised that it turned out to be everything I wanted and everything I didn't know I wanted, if that makes sense. I do like it with the bands too. Getting use to it...

Beautiful ring! Congrats!!
Thanks @poshmommy. Hope you are still loving your VC creation. Your halo kills.

Smashing ring with spectacular details. I am so glad you are happy with it and with Victor's work--he is a gem himself. Wear it in good health!
Thank you @springerspaniel. How is your art deco lovely by VC? I seemed to remember you had a piece and went back to look at your EC. It is stunning!!

Stunning! Stunning! This ring is glorious! :love::love::love:
Thank you @SimoneDi. I am coming to realize that more each day.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing the progress pics! But I think Victor doesn't routinely offer that, so I hope others will realize that!

Ohh, just saw the band pics on page 3! Looks great!!!!

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

OH wow! I just saw the band pictures too from the comment above. Looks like it was all meant to be together! Just curious though.... are you wearing the spacer to prevent from wearing down the delicate parts of the e-ring or you just like the look of it?

Thanks for adding more pictures! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Stunning!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the look with the bands! The engraved band would also be a stunning combo.

You have something special with Victor: he does not routinely offer progress pics. Love those!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing the progress pics! But I think Victor doesn't routinely offer that, so I hope others will realize that!

Ohh, just saw the band pics on page 3! Looks great!!!!

Thank you DS! Thanks for the reminder! I deleted them. I thought it might be ok since there was a video, but maybe not.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset:love:. Perfect setting for your stone.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the look with the bands! The engraved band would also be a stunning combo.

You have something special with Victor: he does not routinely offer progress pics. Love those!!!

Thank you Acinom. In my mind, I would like a band that has only a few French cuts. You know the alternating small and large French cut bad he does? I would like the large section just to be engraving. The full eternity seems to distract from the ering.

Regarding the progress pics. I begged and pleaded for those. My excuse was that I was going to be in Europe while the ring was as being completed and unneeded something to keep me strong and NOT buy something I would regret. You can imagine what a pest I was. I asked that they be deleted. Don't want to cause him a headache with othters. I guess I'm kinda PITA. :roll2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH wow! I just saw the band pictures too from the comment above. Looks like it was all meant to be together! Just curious though.... are you wearing the spacer to prevent from wearing down the delicate parts of the e-ring or you just like the look of it?

Thanks for adding more pictures! :appl:

I am wearing the spacer as a plain band. I like the look of it. I kinda think the full eternity is too much. What do you prefer?
Here it is with just the band.
IMG_4335.JPG IMG_4332.JPG

P

PierreBear

I am wearing the spacer as a plain band. I like the look of it. I kinda think the full eternity is too much. What do you prefer?
Here it is with just the band.
IMG_4335.JPG IMG_4332.JPG

Thanks for showing us more pictures! The plain band looks great. I love variety and appreciate how you can wear your ring with multiple bands. Have you considered a two tone ring? It would tie into your lovely watch. Woo hhhooooo still so excited for you!!! :dance:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!! I saw this on IG and came here hunting for a thread!!!

My favorite ring he has ever made.

Perfection, and I love how you feel about this ring, as well. A great fit all around.

Congratulations!!!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting more photos! I am continually entranced by this masterpiece, and I think it looks amazing with your existing bands. :love: Your idea about an alternating band with french cuts and engraved segments would be incredible, too, and the style of your ring lends itself to many wonderful options! Also, just out of curiosity, could you tell me the width of the french cut cathedral shoulders and/or the shank? I know Victor's tri-wire bands are more of a medium width, but was wondering what that translates to in terms of mm. Your ring is absolute perfection, just a knockout!! :love::love::love:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your masterpiece! It is definitely no Franken-ring; it is substantial but still delicate and all around gorgeous!:love: Your diamond is spectacular and I'm glad to hear (and see) that your worries about the bezel were unfounded.
I too love a gap, and am excited to follow your journey on finding the band to go with your ring.
Enjoy!!!:wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I quite like your gorgeous new ring with both bands. You could mix it up depending on your mood...sometimes wear it with both, sometimes just with the plain and. Options are a lovely thing to have!! A rose or yellow gold spacer would also be pretty (whichever looks better with your skin tone)....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DS! Thanks for the reminder! I deleted them. I thought it might be ok since there was a video, but maybe not.

Oh, goodness, I surely didn't mean for you to delete them! I just recall in the past some people expecting progress pics and the ringmakers generally not wanting to do that! I am happy for you that you were able to see some!

Perfection, and I love how you feel about this ring, as well. A great fit all around.

Congratulations!!!!

It would figure you'd love this ring (since we like the same things pretty much)!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if you don't want a band to compete with the e-ring, Victor's engraved band is very gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, your ring turned out absolutely gorgeous. It looks stunning on your hand and your beautiful diamond glows in every picture at every angle. I love hearing how comfortable and at home you feel with your new ring. I enjoyed being included on your journey. I love happy endings and your ring turned out to be perfect. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!
Thank you @Queenie60. Hope all is well with you.

I...love...it...:love::love:.
Thank you @Confection10. The octagonal shape reminds me of your previous ring because of the eight sides. Victor originally wanted the orientation to be like your ring with the angles at NSEW. I wanted the flat sides to be at NSEW.

Congratulations!!!!
Thank you @apacherose. Lovely of you. I would have to agree with you. It is my favorite ring by Victor too. :mrgreen2:

Just incredible. I have no words to say how gorgeous I think your ring is!
Thank you @Garnetgirl. Very kind of you.

Congratulations on your masterpiece! It is definitely no Franken-ring; it is substantial but still delicate and all around gorgeous!:love: Your diamond is spectacular and I'm glad to hear (and see) that your worries about the bezel were unfounded.
I too love a gap, and am excited to follow your journey on finding the band to go with your ring.
Enjoy!!!:wavey:
Hi @mol42. Thanks for all your help along the way and sharing your experience and opinions with me, which have been instrumental.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I quite like your gorgeous new ring with both bands. You could mix it up depending on your mood...sometimes wear it with both, sometimes just with the plain and. Options are a lovely thing to have!! A rose or yellow gold spacer would also be pretty (whichever looks better with your skin tone)....
Hi @yennyfire, I was thinking about exactly that. I would definitely put a rose gold engraved band on my list.

I think if you don't want a band to compete with the e-ring, Victor's engraved band is very gorgeous!
Yes, I think U would llike it a lot!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!!!! That's gorgeous, Victor has knocked it out of the park again!!!!

One of his engraved bands in the same coloured metal would look amazing with it too IMHO. His engraving is just the best.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, your ring turned out absolutely gorgeous. It looks stunning on your hand and your beautiful diamond glows in every picture at every angle. I love hearing how comfortable and at home you feel with your new ring. I enjoyed being included on your journey. I love happy endings and your ring turned out to be perfect. :appl:

Thank you @marcy Happy ending is such an apt way to put it. Thanks for being the steady calm voice during the craziness of this process. I appreciate you so much.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!!!! That's gorgeous, Victor has knocked it out of the park again!!!!

One of his engraved bands in the same coloured metal would look amazing with it too IMHO. His engraving is just the best.
Thank you @arkieb1 You know what it's like to fall in love with VC's creations. He was truly lovely during the process. I'm lucky that he has always loved Octagonal shapes. He actually suggested it back when I had my MRB but it didn't feel right with that stone. I guess some derivation of it always stuck in my head but I was leaning toward a cushion shape. We were able to make it happen with 8 sides, albeit not all equal. One thing I knew he would do was make all the corners 45 degrees and equal length, which I had totally needed because the OCD in me is totally activated when I see lack of symmetry, which I see in other settings. I'm lucky my stone is quite symmetrical for an OEC.

Yes, I do see an engraved band of some derivation in my future. Maybe not so "near".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results