shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Canera Vintage Octagonal Solitaire with French Cut Diamonds

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an amazing treasure! And, while it's obviously a huge stone the ring still manages to look elegant. Job well done!!

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That's beautiful! The engraving looks like lace! Usually I don't like engraving on the antique inspired rings but on this ring, it's actually my favorite part! I'm 80% sure that I will have a VC ring soon but I'm struggling to choose which one of of his creations I'd want!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad that I waited a year and took my time to decide on a setting. It has taken this long to figure out all the details I want.

I remember trying on SS rings and other antique rings in person and loving them but feeling they were not "me". I expected that wearing a more ornate ring would require a mental adjustment period but it doesn't at all. Surprisingly it is very "me".
With all the details there was a fear I would create a bulky clunky Franken-ring. However thanks to Victor's artistry, eye for proportion, and perfectionistic tendencies, everything came together perfectly.

Here is a handshot in the car.
IMG_4281.JPG

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring made my jaw drop. I love every detail. Thank you for sharing the details of your journey! I really liked a similar SS style like yours, but there was something about it that wasn't perfect, if you get my drift. Whatever it was, you and Victor figured it out. It's amazing.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word.... your ring is unspeakably gorgeous and quite possibly my favorite ring EVER!! :love::love::love: Victor did an amazing job as always... your ring is spectacular beyond belief, and I love the way it showcases your beautiful stone. And although I am not the least bit surprised that Victor did such an incredible job, I do think that this may be his greatest masterpiece yet!! I adore the octagonal shape, the engraved basket (Victor's engraving is TDF!!), the french sides and graceful cuffs... every exquisite detail!! :twirl: I am so thrilled that you love it and I hope the joy it brings you only multiplies with time. You are to be commended for your patience and perseverance, for taking the time to figure out exactly what you wanted and for being willing to trust Victor in the gray areas. And all of those efforts paid off in spades... your ring is perfect in every possible way and it looks incredible on you!! Seriously, drop the mic... I don't think there is anything more gorgeous anywhere!! I am so very thrilled for you!! :clap:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, so freaking beautiful! I know Victor has done deco pieces before, but I've never seen anything like this from him! Truly a work of art on your finger!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and excitement for me. I will respond to each person individually tonight.

Some random observations:

Love the tri-wire shank. Victor sized my ring to a 4 3/8 and it still does the flopping sometimes. I love seeing the delicate tri wires when I see the shank when my ring turns, and on the palm side view. So pretty!

The metal halo is so delicate that when viewing the ring from a distance it completely disappears and it looks like a solitaire. However, I do use multifocal contacts so those with eagle eyes may be able to see it. I can't.

I see the faceting on my stone more clearly. I don't know why. I haven't given up any fire or sparkle. I'm checking it out in all lighting, office, home, car, night time, sunny daytime. I need overcast daytime. Will report back. @missy and @azstonie you were right. Didn't have to worry about it. Trust VC.

Last edited:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your collaboration with Victor! I held my breath while reading through your journey and the photos made my heart skip several beats. The results are simply... stunning. I am so happy for you that you love the outcome - that fabulous piece of art looks right at home on you!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my - your new setting is obscenely stunning! A true masterpiece. Congratulations - your planning clearly paid off!

You've also just reminded me that I wanted to start a hangout thread on people's experience of multifocal contact lenses!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Oh my :love: you snuck this one in! It is utterly spectacular. It's somehow perfectly vintage and also crisply modern. Wow :appl:

This exactly!!! It's freaking gorgeous! :love::love::love:
I love the video. It made the whole experience look so personal. You get your ring and a cool keepsake! :dance:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats migrate on finding a forever setting!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous result. It has been a great collaboration between you and Victor. Your ring is such a stunning piece. I love the detailing: the ring shows Victor's top notch quality from every angle.

It's not a typical Victor style ring and he has proven that he can make it work. I hope you will enjoy wearing it for many many years to cone. So happy for you that you are thrilled with this ring. You have found your dream ring at last!!!

Your diamond shows off its beauty more than ever.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to brag (well, maybe a little...) ;)2 Victor told DH when DH picked up the ring for me that this was one of two settings he was considering for his wife. :dance:

Forgive me for so much random picture posting but you know how obsessed I am about studying it in different lighting. These are daylight, outdoors, in the shade. I can see my worries about the bezel making the stone dark were unfounded. Another useless worry.
IMG_4293.JPG
IMG_4295.JPG

From a little distance
IMG_4297.JPG

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is perfection. The balance, the elements, the overall presence... just WOW!!! And the video is to die for. I always love seeing how rings come together step by step, and for it to be given to you in video form is such a treasure. Congratulations on a stunning masterpiece :clap:

Will you be wearing a band with it?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW!! I love it LLJ--you & Victor hit it out of the park!! I just saw the video on Insta earlier & thought what a lucky lady that one is going to--it is gorgeous!! Congratulations!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is completely amazing! Congratulations. I love it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning in every way!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks soooo beautiful on you! And your stone looks HUGE in that setting! So glad your stone found it's final home!:appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can hardly think of words adequate to say how much I love this ring! :love::love::love: I was busy today and hadn't seen your post, but around 6pm eastern time I checked IG and saw Victor's post of the video! I messaged Missy and said, "Whose ring is that? I want it!!!"

It's really perfect for your stone and oh SO gorgeous! I was also wondering if you can wear a band with it? Can you take a pic with a band when you get a chance, please???

Victor did a fabulous job! You have an incredible heirloom ring!:appl:

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! :love:
It's beautiful. One of the most beautiful I've ever seen.
Congratulations.
I want!! :mrgreen:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! Stunning! So happy for you!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I don't know about you, but sometimes I micromanage my designs. But I have to remind myself that the expert usually knows what they are talking about. And in this case.......holy wow! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fabulous to have the video of your beautiful ring being made.
Thanks @Austina I was very surprised myself. I did not expect a lovely video like that. I will have to figure out a way to save it.

Wow, it's unique, combining many elements I love! Is this a ring he made before or did you combine these elements yourself? Love the octagon, triple shank, and frenchies, all good choices:appl:
Thanks @thecat. VC had made some elements of the ring before. The shoulders with the french cuts are on the Anjele. Of course he has done other tri-wires. I had never seen the cut-cornered square with a round center, prong set. VC says the center stone is pave set, but just for a big stone. I loved the bezel heart ring he did, but wanted a different basket. My Franken-ring turned out alright. :)

:love: Oh my :love: you snuck this one in! It is utterly spectacular. It's somehow perfectly vintage and also crisply modern. Wow :appl:
Thank you @foxinsox . Interesting observation. Which part of it feels modern to you? I'm quite intrigued.

I am so glad that you are so happy with the ring!! Congrats on a beautiful piece - enjoy wearing your new ring with no worries! Isn't it wonderful that your vision came together with his artistry? Stunning!
Thank you @MissGotRocks. It's been a long road. I hope you are proud of me. I do wear it and forget about it. I know I won't damage the stone. Then I look at my finger and am surprised at the beautiful piece of art on it.

Thank you @Nitedula. I was light-headed too when I saw it. ;-)

That is lovely :)
Thank you @OoohShiny.

Stunning in every detail, I LOVE it too
So happy for you, enjoy every second you wear it.
Thank you @bright ice. Your rings are always an inspiration to me.

Exquisite!

Where did you find such a beautiful stone?
Thank you @Wombats. @missy brought me to Adam at Old World Diamonds, and he had the stone.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout: Oh my gosh!!! That setting!! That diamond!!! That video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you @Alex T. You are the sweetest. Yes, I am quite floored by the video too.

It looks great on your finger! The engraving on the basket is lovely.
Thank you @kgizo. I am surprised how much I love the engraving too.

WOW! Congratulations!
Thank you @mrs-b. Your lovely pieces are always such an inspiration to me.

Wow! VC is so talented and has such an eye for design and proportion. I'm so glad you are happy. And that center stone is tdf!
Thank you @ecf8503. VC is truly gifted. I don't know why I am still surprised every time I see his pieces in person, but I am. And this setting shows off the stone to it's best advantage.

It's just stunning...and soooooo sparkly!! Congrats on that sparkly work of art!!! :love:
Thank you @thumbelina. It really is a work of art, that I get to wear on my finger! :dance:

I love your detail description of the entire process. It's enlightening to hear that you had specific desires/wants/requests/concerns but that it all came together in the very end. I'm so pleased that you are falling in love with the ring every moment and it has a forever home. Well done and enjoy it for many years to come! It is gorgeous and simply unique!
Thank you @PierreBear. Happy to hear you got through my long winded post. Yes, as you can see I worried about everything. I even wanted to ask him exactly how the engraving would look. But I controlled myself. I was proud of that.

Thank you @plad25.

No words! That is just absolutely stunning. What execution and of course your stone is tdf!! Wear it in much love and happiness! Love it :love:
Thank you @Sandeek. Yes, so true. Victor's execution is beyond words. If he says he can do it, he can.

Add this gorgeous ring to the short(ish) list of WOW rings here on PS. Go to the top of the list.. What a stunner! Each element of this ring deserves to be looked at on it's own. Fabulous job by Victor. I hope you continue to adore it every single day. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thank you @luv2sparkle. You are so sweet. I am constantly looking at the ring and studying the detail for more perfection. It's so fun!!

HI:
Beautifully done. BIG WOW! Enjoy your ring and wear it is in health!
cheers--Sharon
Thank you @canuk-gal. :wavey: Hugs to you.

Swooning over that basket! Your stone is glorious in her new home! She looks just stunning on your finger. Enjoy LLJsmom!
Thank you @Bonfire. For sure, this stone feels so much at home in this setting. I love the basket and the big curved donut.

That's so gorgeous--congratulations!
Thank you @Vogue.

Can't believe how great it looks! This goes in my top 10. Gorgeous, and pretty on you! Would like to see it with a colored stone, or different metal iteration too.
Thank you @backwardsandinheels. I have studied your beautiful SS creation so many times. I hope you are still loving and enjoying it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pure perfection and a true masterpiece. VC never disappoints and WOW to his newest (and IMO most beautiful to date) creation. I am so happy for you that you are in love with your new setting and it really suits you so well LLJsmom.

A classic beauty without pretension but full of grace and elegance and easy old world charm.:love: LOVE LOVE LOVE and I am thrilled for you sweetheart.

Enjoy your amazbling ring in pure joy and contentment knowing it couldn't have turned out better.
Wear in health and happiness always. (((Hugs)))

Thank you @missy. You are so sweet, kind and supportive. Words are inadequate to express how grateful I am to you and how much I value your thoughts and opinions. I am thrilled that MK has the home she deserves and I am so glad you approve of it. All my love to you (((hug)))

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! :love::love::love: Beautifully executed, it looks perfect! Fantastic hand presence too! Love all the design elements, the perfect home for your beautiful stone. So glad you love it, congrats and enjoy it! :appl:
Thank you

@junebug17 You are the best. Your unconditional support and kindness have propped me up through this whole process. Much love to you jb. =)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you love it and I can certainly see why! It looks perfect on your hand! There's a reason certain artists have reputations....they know what they are doing and have an innate sense of scale and proportion. I know it was hard to let go of some control, but the end result was certainly worth it!! It's perfection!! Congrats on your new masterpiece!!

Thank you @yennyfire. Your beautiful rings have been a source of inspiration and courage for me. THANK YOU for being there for me. THANK YOU for understanding. (((BIG HUG)))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an amazing treasure! And, while it's obviously a huge stone the ring still manages to look elegant. Job well done!!
Thank you @motownmama. Yes, it's big but still so elegant. I don't know how he does it...

Wow! That's beautiful! The engraving looks like lace! Usually I don't like engraving on the antique inspired rings but on this ring, it's actually my favorite part! I'm 80% sure that I will have a VC ring soon but I'm struggling to choose which one of of his creations I'd want!
Thank you @Akalahab Yes, I was surprised I liked engraving so much too.

Your ring made my jaw drop. I love every detail. Thank you for sharing the details of your journey! I really liked a similar SS style like yours, but there was something about it that wasn't perfect, if you get my drift. Whatever it was, you and Victor figured it out. It's amazing.
Thank you @derbygal. You get what I mean. I bet I have pictures of the SS ring you are referring to. There is always something that is not quite right. Too high, too bulky, too much detail, too much metal. But this was "just right". VC gets it.

Wow, so freaking beautiful! I know Victor has done deco pieces before, but I've never seen anything like this from him! Truly a work of art on your finger!
Thank you @alene. Yes, I had no exact example to follow, just cobbling bits of other rings and trying to get what was in my head into VC's head. End result? Wearable art, or heirloom rather.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @foxinsox . Interesting observation. Which part of it feels modern to you? I'm quite intrigued.
I think probably the very clean smooth lines - I'm not used to seeing antique rings looking so crisp along the edges. Usually they're a little worn or more rounded but this is brand new so it's got lovely sharp edges (well not sharp sharp but you know what I mean).
The faceting really sings in that bezel/gallery btw - what a relief since you were worried that it might not be as bright but it's every bit as bright and possibly even more defined.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results