carat
color
clarity

Canera Vintage Octagonal Solitaire - the pic thread

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I am starting an additional thread because I am adding flower pics that I took today with the SLR. For a person with absolutely zero photography skills, I will admit I am really proud of these. PSers have been so generous with their time and energy to help me get to this point that I just couldn't be lazy this time and skip the flower pics. You'll all probably be sorry you asked for more pics. And I already deleted a bunch.

DSC_0387.JPG DSC_0388.JPG DSC_0396.JPG DSC_0400.JPG

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poetry in photos. Just mesmerizing blingy flowery deliciousness.:love::love::love:
Perfection.:appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures! I am just SO happy for you that you now have a ring that you love! Enjoy it every day!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!
Your photos are wonderful!
No more deleting photos or being critical of your skills! That's an order! ;)2

The details in your beautiful ring are lovely! :love:
That stone, wow! Gorgeous! :love:

Thanks for sharing your photos.
Don't hesitate to post more.

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring (and flowers), LLJsmom!! Your ring is an absolute work of art and that really shows in your photos. It's perfection from every angle! Enjoy it every day! :love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always loved the rings that have these prongs with metal bezel rings.
Yours is beautiful. I really like the larger donut on it, too.
Well done!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I am starting an additional thread because I am adding flower pics that I took today with the SLR. For a person with absolutely zero photography skills, I will admit I am really proud of these. PSers have been so generous with their time and energy to help me get to this point that I just couldn't be lazy this time and skip the flower pics. You'll all probably be sorry you asked for more pics. And I already deleted a bunch.

DSC_0387.JPG DSC_0388.JPG DSC_0396.JPG DSC_0400.JPG

No way!! I regret NOTHING!! I LOVE looking at photos of your ring!! It's absolutely beautiful!! Keep the pix coming!!! :kiss2:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring, and love the artistic flower shots, LLJsmom. I wouldn't mind at all if you posted more photos!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, everyone, for your lovely comments. It took a while to get the hang of taking the pictures, but once I got started it wasn't too bad. The best ones were outdoors in natural light. Sorry I got some fingerprints on the stone. I did clean it as much as I could before I got started.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowser!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so impressed! Many folks around here take great photos, but I've tried and I know how hard it is! You did an amazing job capturing your stunning ring! I love the tiny nuances in each photo. The different angles, lighting, etc. Well done! Keep the photos coming!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures Lljsmom! So what do we call this type of setting? I love the gallery!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures Lljsmom! So what do we call this type of setting? I love the gallery!

Thank you @tyty333 . Thanks about the pics. This type of setting is called an illusion setting, but Victor just calls it a bezel with prongs. Aren't they the sweetest teeniest prongs you've seen? I love them. @yennyfire's three stone by Single Stone has a true octagon set this way as well, where the girdle sits just below the top edge of the bezel. It gives me that girdle protection that I so dearly wanted.

I love the gallery too. I get to peek at it while I am typing which is pretty much what I do all day.:mrgreen2:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely pics, thank you!!! Some more with FOOD, for the theme, how about at that cool candy shop you almost never frequent??!!! Summer fruit?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results