shape
carat
color
clarity

Canera Vintage Octagonal Solitaire - the pic thread

P

PierreBear

Way to go on the photos! I'm so glad that I came across this thread! Once again, so very excited for your fairy tale story on creating the ring that best represents you and showcases your stone. How about some more finger shots too! :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should be! Really nice pictures and an amazing ring!! :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that ring is fun to ogle :love:
Everything about it is awesome

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I don’t even have words for the serious perfection happening here!!! Amazing!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a masterpiece!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom:wavey:
I happened to see this ring on another thread and had to find your thread tell you it's GORGEOUS!! Everything about it is amazing.. the stone and the setting are over the top.
:love:LOVE IT!!!!:love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is really something special. It is just stunning from every angle. Hope you are enjoying it.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is definitely one of my all-time favorites as well! :love::love::love: Your ring is TDF... truly, every detail is pure perfection and the elements combined make it spectacular. I am considering a tri-wire ring at some point in the future but I have only worn thin (~2mm) bands so I am curious to hear your insights on how the band width feels, fits, etc. and if you can wear it comfortably with an eternity band. In any case, enjoy this masterpiece! It is truly something special and absolutely exquisite. :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom:wavey:
I happened to see this ring on another thread and had to find your thread tell you it's GORGEOUS!! Everything about it is amazing.. the stone and the setting are over the top.
:love:LOVE IT!!!!:love:
Thank you @Rubies-R-Me Coming from you with all your amazing pieces that is really a compliment. Lovely to hear from you again. Hope you are doing well.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sundial @GearGirly @Jimmianne @Scandinavian @nala @PierreBear
Thank you ladies for your lovely comments. I haven’t noticed this thread being around and I’ve been off and on PS lately. I’m still enjoying the ring immensely but it’s so easy to wear I often forget it’s on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@carbonfan I had that same concern about the triwire. No problem. Don’t feel it at all except when I rub my thumb on the underside, cause I love how it feels. I really look forward to it getting more worn and scufffed. Love my triwire. And yes I can wear it with two bands. I’ve been wearing two bands for the past week. Before that I wore only the ering because I felt it had enough presence on its own.
0DDA15F9-6B77-4557-9AD2-44307B7B0BD8.jpeg

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom - I just stumbled upon this and I LOVE LOVE your ring!!! I can’t stop staring at the pics. I also stumbled upon your post about going from MRB to OEC. I thought I was crazy as I’ve been dreaming about OECs lately and thought people may think I’m crazy if I posted thinking about switching from an ACA to an OEC.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom - I just stumbled upon this and I LOVE LOVE your ring!!! I can’t stop staring at the pics. I also stumbled upon your post about going from MRB to OEC. I thought I was crazy as I’ve been dreaming about OECs lately and thought people may think I’m crazy if I posted thinking about switching from an ACA to an OEC.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11. I cAn very little of the credit. It’s Victor’s work. I amazed by the everyday. I am very very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with him. Yes, the switch was crazy. There are moments when I think I miss an MRB but it’s the facet pattern of an OEC that gets me every time. It took a very long time. I first saw MK in November and then I had a chance to look at a lot of OECs. Then when I had a chance to trade in my MRB the following summer I did it. No regrets but I am still searching for my ideal OEC stone. Not sure if this is it yet.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“No regrets but I am still searching for my ideal OEC stone. Not sure if this is it yet.”

What about MK is not quite it for you LLJsmom? Is it not quite checking all of your boxes? Are you falling under the step cut spell? :P2 Inquiring minds want to know!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11. I cAn very little of the credit. It’s Victor’s work. I amazed by the everyday. I am very very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with him. Yes, the switch was crazy. There are moments when I think I miss an MRB but it’s the facet pattern of an OEC that gets me every time. It took a very long time. I first saw MK in November and then I had a chance to look at a lot of OECs. Then when I had a chance to trade in my MRB the following summer I did it. No regrets but I am still searching for my ideal OEC stone. Not sure if this is it yet.
@LLJsmom - did you trade in your MRB with your current OEC? I have to see large OECs in person. I’ve only seen them in photos online but I’m starting to like it more and more. I feel they have more character and loving the antique settings too.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and what is MK? Thanks.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“No regrets but I am still searching for my ideal OEC stone. Not sure if this is it yet.”

What about MK is not quite it for you LLJsmom? Is it not quite checking all of your boxes? Are you falling under the step cut spell? :P2 Inquiring minds want to know!
I'm constantly changing my mind. I'm really annoying myself. I have phases. Sometimes I'm all about the step cut, and then I change my mind. I wish I knew for sure. :rolleyes:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm constantly changing my mind. I'm really annoying myself. I have phases. Sometimes I'm all about the step cut, and then I change my mind. I wish I knew for sure. :rolleyes:
You’re in good company here. I think most of us feel that confusion with all the swoon worthy jewels we see. Lucky are those that know exactly what they want and achieve their goal and never look back. Tastes change, I think it shows you have an open and creative mind. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You and me and (almost) everyone here lol. As @Bonfire wrote we are all in good company. :bigsmile:

I wish we could have ORTRTA in all the different shapes offered. I want a huge elegant emerald cut and a chunky fat antique pear and a chunkalicious old mine cut and well the list goes on and on and on...and then there's the settings. I can never make my mind up about the setting. With Bea I just knew but with Bubbalah I have no clue what would be her best setting. So dear @LLJsmom it seems all of us are similar in some blingy ways.

But deciding is part of the fun. Though yeah it can be stressful too. Gotta keep it all in perspective. :halo:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and me and (almost) everyone here lol. As @Bonfire wrote we are all in good company. :bigsmile:

I wish we could have ORTRTA in all the different shapes offered. I want a huge elegant emerald cut and a chunky fat antique pear and a chunkalicious old mine cut and well the list goes on and on and on...and then there's the settings. I can never make my mind up about the setting. With Bea I just knew but with Bubbalah I have no clue what would be her best setting. So dear @LLJsmom it seems all of us are similar in some blingy ways.

But deciding is part of the fun. Though yeah it can be stressful too. Gotta keep it all in perspective. :halo:
Thank you @missy That would be the best solution. One in every shape...:mrgreen2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re in good company here. I think most of us feel that confusion with all the swoon worthy jewels we see. Lucky are those that know exactly what they want and achieve their goal and never look back. Tastes change, I think it shows you have an open and creative mind. :kiss2:
Thank you @Bonfire . You’re too kind. That is probably why some people have more than one ring...

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a Fabulous ring and I love your photos of it.
I also like tri-wires and the patterning of your stone is wonderful...what a delicious set of rings you have. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a Fabulous ring and I love your photos of it.
I also like tri-wires and the patterning of your stone is wonderful...what a delicious set of rings you have. :love:
Thank you @Hounddog . Nice to meet a fellow lover of tri-wires. It's a weird thing, loving these skinny wires on a ring. Thank you. The faceting on MK is really lovely. I struggle with letting her go, or not, every day. :) It's the PS curse, always seeing, bigger, brighter, different making me think...what if??? Sigh...

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Dmndsr4evr11,

This is MK. It’s my OEC. She’s named after @missy
Because I met her when Missy brought her to Old World Diamonds for the first time.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-04-oec-k-vs1-early-20th-anniversary.223129/

If you want to see more pics of Victor’s creation:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...al-solitaire-with-french-cut-diamonds.232489/

@LLJsmom - I’m so sorry for the late response. I’ve been MIA. I’m trying to be good and each time I come to PS I end up wanting to keep upgrading hahaha. Love, love, MK. The entire ring is just simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the story behind it. I am loving OECs more and more the more I see it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results