shape
carat
color
clarity

Can somebody repost sna77''s ring pics (WF vs SC tiffany replica)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deal

Rough_Rock
sna77 had a 2.37 ct, E color, eye-clean SI1 originally in a whiteflash tiffany setting and then had the diamond switched to a superbcert tiffany replica setting. None of the pictures show up in the 2 relevant threads below for me for some reason.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-engaged-many-ring-pics.55690/

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/just-got-my-fiances-engagement-ring-back-had-the-setting-changed-to-superbcert-s-tiffany-replica-t57558.html

I would love to see how the same stone looks in these two settings since my girlfriend now wants the superbcert setting.

Thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pics were probably hosted from another site, and are expired now. No way to repost.

I did a search, here''s some others.

WF Tiffany style owned by solange.

myrna2.jpg

myrna3.jpg

And her thread.

Superbcert tiffany style, owned by Demelza.
SCTIFFREP0001_3.JPG

SCTIFFREP0001.JPG

And her thread.

HTH!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippers. Good thing you remembered those were in there, you have too good a memory.

Not fair.
11.gif
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 9:11:42 PM
Author: Ellen
Thanks Skippers. Good thing you remembered those were in there, you have too good a memory.

Not fair.
11.gif
9.gif
No, not a good memory. I just like that thread. hehee

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 9:52:18 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 10/27/2007 9:11:42 PM
Author: Ellen

Not fair.
11.gif
9.gif
No, not a good memory. I just like that thread. hehee
lol.gif

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
Mmmm..... I have to say, the superbcert ring is certainly lovely, but I adore the WF tiffany style. I love the way it "cups" the diamond, if you know what I mean -- it almost reminds me of a flower that's opening up.
1.gif

deal

Rough_Rock
That is a 4.1!!! carat rock in that whiteflash setting which is the reason why I think it looks like a flower opening up. I am not sure how big the diamond is in the superbcert setting, but it has got to be smaller.

That is kind of the reason why I wanted to see sna77''s pics because he had the same diamond in both the settings.

Thanks skippy123 for the sna77 pic. I think the diamond is in the superbcert setting on that one. Now I just have to find a pic where the diamond was still in the whiteflash setting.

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 3:50:48 PM
Author: deal
That is a 4.1!!! carat rock in that whiteflash setting which is the reason why I think it looks like a flower opening up. I am not sure how big the diamond is in the superbcert setting, but it has got to be smaller.

That is kind of the reason why I wanted to see sna77''s pics because he had the same diamond in both the settings.

Thanks skippy123 for the sna77 pic. I think the diamond is in the superbcert setting on that one. Now I just have to find a pic where the diamond was still in the whiteflash setting.

I understand what you''re saying; the larger stone size might contribute to the appearance of the setting "opening up" -- but I think that there are fundamental differences between the superbcert and WF setting. Even the WF setting holding smaller diamonds tends to look more like the setting is "cupping" the stone. For an example, see the picture that I posted from Jenn5504''s setting below, which only holds a 1.6 carat diamond. In my opinion, the superbcert setting always looks a bit too straight for me, despite the diamond''s size. This said, if you go with a smaller stone (.5 carat or so) this might affect the look more significantly. What size stone are you thinking of?

WFring1028.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One issue is that WF has changed that setting since Solange got hers anyway. The new Classic Tiffany knife edge is more like the real Tiffany than the old version was. I would have mixed feelings about which to choose. I think there is always more safety in choosing a PS vendor because they care about their reputation on here. But that guy obviously liked the SC setting better, although he probably also got the old version of the WF setting.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 9:01:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
One issue is that WF has changed that setting since Solange got hers anyway. The new Classic Tiffany knife edge is more like the real Tiffany than the old version was. I would have mixed feelings about which to choose. I think there is always more safety in choosing a PS vendor because they care about their reputation on here. But that guy obviously liked the SC setting better, although he probably also got the old version of the WF setting.
Here's some better shots taken by WF of my ring which is the newer WF classic tiffany style knife edge. I think the modifications they have made to this setting really do look a LOT more like the original tiffany setting and my favorite part of it is how the head "cups" the diamond more and looks flower-ish.
1.gif
I have been very happy with my experience with WF and would recommend them and this setting to anyone.
ETA: I can't wait to hopefully have a bigger stone in this setting one day! I think it would accomodate a 2 - 2.5 ct perfectly!
3.gif

JenniferOwens_0613collageresized1.jpg

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
Jenn -

I don''t mean to hijack, but I was still a lurker when you got your ring. I just wanted to say how much I adore it!
30.gif

And I agree, a 2+ carat would be to die for in that setting!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 9:01:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thanks, didn''t know that.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Foureyes, thank you.......always so nice to receive compliments on my ring. I REALLY REALLY thing this setting NEEDS a 2ct+.
31.gif
I really did choose my eternity ring size based on my wishful thinking that maybe some day I''ll get a bigger stone.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my SC replica with a 2.1ct

CIMG2829-23.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
another

CIMG2844-22.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s my friend''s WF replica, also 2.1ct. This was before WF''s recently modifications.
I don''t think you can go wrong with either replica.

wf-tiffrep2.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I have my 2.28ct. stone set in the revised WF Tiffany replica. I have tons of pix of it here. Here''s a sample.

MaryS0706a211.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results