shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me find these rings?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you decided to stay with a solitaire mrs_b. That stone shines on its own with no need for buddies. If you want to dress it up then you can add some glamorous bands. :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you decided to stay with a solitaire mrs_b. That stone shines on its own with no need for buddies. If you want to dress it up then you can add some glamorous bands. :appl:

@Catmom - your opinion counts for a lot and I was actually relieved that this was your position on how I should proceed. Ok - gonna do it re the solitaire!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - your opinion counts for a lot and I was actually relieved that this was your position on how I should proceed. Ok - gonna do it re the solitaire!

Aww thanks mrs_b. I have to admit when you were talking about adding side stones my head was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol: but if that was what you really wanted then I wasn't going to say anything.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I am so glad you decided to stay with the solitaire. In the end, you end up coming back to the solitaire even though you love yourself a great three stone. Maybe you can consider a three stone with a CS, like a ruby or emerald, with diamond sides. However, I think you will be happiest in the long run with your gorgeous new ACA in a solitaire setting. So looking forward to your finished piece. :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I am so glad you decided to stay with the solitaire. In the end, you end up coming back to the solitaire even though you love yourself a great three stone. Maybe you can consider a three stone with a CS, like a ruby or emerald, with diamond sides. However, I think you will be happiest in the long run with your gorgeous new ACA in a solitaire setting. So looking forward to your finished piece. :appl:

And I think that's it in a nutshell, @LLJsmom.

And I already have a CS 3-stone in the works, so I'm right there with you! :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually agree that a 4 ct diamond really needs nothing added! I love your eternity and that is just enough extra bling to complement a solitaire!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually agree that a 4 ct diamond really needs nothing added! I love your eternity and that is just enough extra bling to complement a solitaire!

Well, that totally seals the deal then - thanks DS! When I was at the JCK this weekend and saw a few PS ladies' response to the idea of sides, it struck me again that considering a 3 stone might just be something I was thinking about to make sure I'd covered all my bases and to make sure I didn't get it wrong.

Definitely sticking with the solitaire with the tizzed up band (not much tizz) and the full diamond eternity. And this must be the right thing because I can feel that I'm excited, and up till now I've just been 'meh'. Which is not the way to feel about a 4ct ACA.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that totally seals the deal then - thanks DS! When I was at the JCK this weekend and saw a few PS ladies' response to the idea of sides, it struck me again that considering a 3 stone might just be something I was thinking about to make sure I'd covered all my bases and to make sure I didn't get it wrong.

Definitely sticking with the solitaire with the tizzed up band (not much tizz) and the full diamond eternity. And this must be the right thing because I can feel that I'm excited, and up till now I've just been 'meh'. Which is not the way to feel about a 4ct ACA.
I love the idea of little side stones like that inspiration ring we all love.. but your 4ct ACA really doesn’t need any bit players. And I adore your use of tizz - it’s such a fantastically Antipodean word :mrgreen2:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you made a decision!! Good for you!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to make a 7 stone band to go with my solitaire, rather than adding side stones. I'll be using .23ct stones. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd be very pleased to hear them!

@diamondseeker2006 - your thoughts on this? A 7 stone band of .23 stones...too big? Too small? I dont want to detract from my soli, but I *think* this would be ok; the band would be 1.6ctw. This should be ok....right? Anyone with any thoughts on this?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the main issue you will have with stones that large is that the band will sit higher than a smaller band would. Since will also likely be higher than your e-ring shank, you'll need to use a band in between your e-ring and the 7 stone band to keep it from hitting the prongs of the e-ring. Of course, I guess you could have the e-ring head high, but I am not sure that's a good idea with a 4 ct stone.

I will say that I probably wouldn't do it personally just because I like my shank heights to match. I know 10 pointers are low enough because I have had a band with those. But I am not sure how much larger you can go and the band not be too high..maybe 15 points? Probably not more than that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results