carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me find these rings?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo all :wavey:

I was wondering if anyone could help me find some photos of a particular pair of rings.

The e-ring is a 3-stone, but it has tiny little sides - really small. The side stones each sit in some sort of detailed basket, but down on the band, not up near the level of the center stone.

The wedding ring is either engraved or hammered, but it's textured in some way.

I know @diamondseeker2006 loves these rings, and they're VERY popular on PS. I'm after shots from above and also a profile photo. They're on PS somewhere, but I have no idea where.

Thanks to anyone who cares to look! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd do a few different twists to make it mine, but this would be the general idea. The sides would probably also be closer to SimoneDi's proportions.

Frankly, I tried it with 2 small rose-de-france amethysts I have as sides - and of course now I'm thinking color!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great photos - thanks @diamondseeker2006!

You women are amazing!

Now tell me this - what would you think of a setting like this for my new ACA? And I love @SimoneDi's ring also, which is a CVB design. Hope she doesn't mind my attaching a shot of her beauty here.

SimoneDi's ring.jpeg

It would certainly be GORGEOUS and HUGE but I know you have the finger space to pull it off and have always yearned for the *perfect* 3 stone - I personally think the sides would need to be suuuuuper tiny and the setting suuuuuper classic and simple in order for it not the too 'too much'....if that makes any sense? Oh man, I can't wait!! :lol-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would certainly be GORGEOUS and HUGE but I know you have the finger space to pull it off and have always yearned for the *perfect* 3 stone - I personally think the sides would need to be suuuuuper tiny and the setting suuuuuper classic and simple in order for it not the too 'too much'....if that makes any sense? Oh man, I can't wait!! :lol-2:

In all honesty, @ac117, almost nothing looks too much on me. My coloring is so bland and my features so non-remarkable, that it takes a LOT for anything to look gaudy on me. I also have a size 8 finger and a big personality, so it sort of cuts everything to scale. And of course, the ring would be perfectly made and very elegant. :mrgreen:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b oh my goodness! I love the CVB Maria style. Wow. Your amazing ACA would be spectacular with that setting. I think just finding the right size sides is all it would take!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg it would be amazing. Would you bump up the # of prongs though? I would want at least 6

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b oh my goodness! I love the CVB Maria style. Wow. Your amazing ACA would be spectacular with that setting. I think just finding the right size sides is all it would take!

Aaaaaahhh - thank you! I didn't know if this was one of her standard settings, or what it was called.

ETA You don't happen to have a link to this, do you? It's not on her web site, as far as I can see.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. I see it, but it doesn't seem hugely similar to me. The sides on SimoneDi's ring are 3 prong, and the band is more tapered, and the whole ring seems more modern to my eye. It might just be a custom design?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies:wavey: yes, my ring was custom. I did toss the 6 prong idea initially, but I really liked the three prong design much better. 3 prongs are not as secure as 6 however, so something to keep in mind :)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In all honesty, @ac117, almost nothing looks too much on me. My coloring is so bland and my features so non-remarkable, that it takes a LOT for anything to look gaudy on me. I also have a size 8 finger and a big personality, so it sort of cuts everything to scale. And of course, the ring would be perfectly made and very elegant. :mrgreen:

I'm certain you're being too hard on yourself :P2 regardless, I know it's going to be just right for you!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
so is there anyway on PS to save pictures or threads? I often want to save pics... but dont' think it can be done within PS.
I LOVE that ring.. and would like to keep it for inspiration myself.....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so is there anyway on PS to save pictures or threads? I often want to save pics... but dont' think it can be done within PS.
I LOVE that ring.. and would like to keep it for inspiration myself.....

Oh goodness, yes, you can save pictures just like you would most places online! Right click and then save image as.

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
That's it!

3stonetinysides1.jpg 3stonetinysides2.jpg

I hope I'm not being rude, but can I please interrupt to ask about the gorgeous engraved yellow gold band? Where is this beauty from?

Thanks so much and good luck with your project MrsB!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting time for the big ‘un!! :kiss2:

Well, we all know I’m a sucker for big-centerstones-flanked-by-sides-small-enough-to-be-accents-tucked-in-tight-and-tilted... @mrs-b that pic of the Schubach three-stone is my dream face-up aesthetic :love: I actually bought a pair of sidestones to replicate those proportions and started down the custom three-stone path with Erika Winters, but seeing skin on both sides of the “diamond head” face-up was very important to me and she was firm that that simply would not be doable in my case :(sad

You’ve expressed the same preference for being able to see the sides of your finger face-up, and you have a little more room to play with - I am very (very!!) much hoping you decide to explore this route :mrgreen2:

Your stone is ~0.2mm bigger than mine, pretty close. I bought a handful of calibrated cheap fakes to play with side stone sizing - definitely recommend it!

Copying a few pics over from another thread. I wound up with 0.19ct RBs (3.7mm).

5.5mm, 5mm, 4.5mm, 4mm, 3.5mm with ~10.1mm
79A71140-E002-4490-98E8-75C3751F7644.jpeg

5.5mm
AD618448-58FC-4120-9E97-4EA91B70B50A.png

4.5mm
B60645D2-07E6-43EE-97E1-401FA4CFCB58.png

4.0mm
052F6A44-B62D-47A8-82C4-73755A555B02.png

3.5mm
F938BA55-16C7-4962-A101-55253B61B1DF.png

Stick with diamonds @mrs-b! No CSs that are safe for daily wear have the sort of refraction diamonds do :cool2: depending on the size you’re looking for lightly-tinted diamonds might be an option?

Attachments

• 1BEA9B63-06BE-4F0F-8622-9DDFBB987AC5.png
    1BEA9B63-06BE-4F0F-8622-9DDFBB987AC5.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 18

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the three diamond idea. But just to throw this into the mix, have you thought about making a guard instead.
I think Bliss had one made from IDJ. It was a guard with two diamonds or two sapphires, I can’t quite remember and she could remove it any time she wanted only solitaire look.
I’m sure DK could make something similar for you and you would have the option of a three stone or a solitaire whenever you wanted.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been thinking about this till I'm ready to tear my hair out and I've decided to stay with a solitaire.

My life is very low key. We occasionally go to the sorts of places that warrant the whole 9 yards of dress-up - but very, very rarely. A solitaire setting, to my eye, just goes with everything. I've been at the JCK for the last 2 days and have tried so many different things as variations - but still I keep coming back to the soli idea. I've seen things here that I LOVE - but nothing that I prefer.

@yssie - I love the idea of diamonds as accents. LOVE it. But for me, I think I just want something plain. I'm going to tizz up the band a little, re-orientate the arms and the diamond so they're both N/S/E/W, re-shape the prongs....then wear it with my 2.7ctw eternity. I think the eternity would detract a lot from any small sides as there wouldn't be sufficient size contrast between the two, and I really DO want to wear my eternity.

@kayla17 - I remember that enhancer very well! I don't think it would work as well with tiny diamonds, tho, so I think I'll leave well enough alone.

Two things I've learnt about aesthetics are:

1. If the inherent lines to a piece are right, it will be good enough as-is - and -

2. If you're not sure whether to or not to - don't.

So I'm gonna 'don't.

The ring is now back with DKJ, and the wait begins. Again. ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results