shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
My regular doctor has never measure my fundus. I just assumed they didn't do it here, however, when I went to the Maternity Hospital when I had the kidney issues the mid wife there measured. My doctor does do a quick ultrasound each month and does some sort of measuring with that... Does that count? Should I ask about it?

I don't have the snoogle. I have a hot pink U shaped pillow from BRU. I'm short so it works will for me to wrap it around if I want backamf front support. The past two nights I've just tucked it between my legs and full up my back so my dog can lay with me. She's spoiled. :cheeky:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I forgot to say- cute bump!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
24 weeks today and, as promised, here is my bump pic. I feel like I've reaaaaaaaaally popped this week.

Happy hump day bump day! Missy and amc, looking good!

photo_20.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Petite - I wouldn't worry about it if you're getting ultrasounds. That really shows the size of the baby so I'd say you're fine. I don't get ultrasounds, so I guess they go by my uterus size and if it's off for how far along I am, I guess maybe then they'd give me an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing appropriately.

Amc - Thanks! Your bump is coming along nicely!

Mayerling - I'd say you did pop this week! Are you noticing your shirts fitting differently now?

Oh, and after walking last night I could not get my rings off on either hand! First time that's happened to me. I had to put soapy water on my fingers :tongue: I guess I should get used to that since it's getting warmer now.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Things are literally bumping around here! Everyone's bumps look great! I will take a pic and upload later. I have seriously popped and I can feel the tightness in my belly. I was so uncomfortable just walking around the grocery store earlier!

I had a 19 week appt on Tuesday. I only expected Doppler, but she did a quick u/s and the little one looks great! Wriggling about and happy as a clam! I could have imagined it or it could have been a different body part, but I may have seen a scrotal sac! How could I tell? Is it too small to see at 19 weeks? also Amc my fundal height was not measured at my last appt. not sure when they start doing that, but I am def bumps worthy enough to measure!

On the weight front, I've gained 8lbs so far. I did lose some during the first tri, but clearly put it right back on! I too hope to stay closer to the 25lb end ofthe gain, but we'll see! I've been walking about 3-4 times a week with friends and doing prenatal yoga once a week, which helps with the aches! I've been waking up so darn achy and I think it is the sleeping on my side. I am a tummy sleeper so I am not comfortable at all! I do have a snoogle though, which I think helps immensely! I cannot even imagine how hat state Id be in without my snoogle! MAyerling seriously worth it. Get one!

Missy glad the bp was good! I know you've been concerned about that all along. For mat clothes, have you looked at gap and old navy maternity online? I've found some cute stuff there and usuall you can use a coupon code. I need more too...

Petite, you know what is so hallmark about 27 weeks? That is the point where if you did go into labor and deliver early the chances of survival exceed 90%. I believe that week marker in particular is a huge milestone in that sense! Worthy of a celebration if you ask me. Ofcourse nobody would want to deliver early, but it's nice to know when the odds finally stand with you and not against you.

Friday is our level 2 u/s which I am excited for and we finally have a closing date on our house of April 4, so we've got a lot on the horizon!Mim just ready for the weekend. Bump pic coming!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1332370334|3153804 said:
I could have imagined it or it could have been a different body part, but I may have seen a scrotal sac! How could I tell? Is it too small to see at 19 weeks?

Nope! It can definitely be seen at 19 weeks, if you're looking at the right angle! Check this out- it's a 20 week image...
http://www.baby2see.com/im/boy_20weeks.jpg

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1332373659|3153845 said:
megumic|1332370334|3153804 said:
I could have imagined it or it could have been a different body part, but I may have seen a scrotal sac! How could I tell? Is it too small to see at 19 weeks?

Nope! It can definitely be seen at 19 weeks, if you're looking at the right angle! Check this out- it's a 20 week image...
http://www.baby2see.com/im/boy_20weeks.jpg

Hmmm it was more profile view, so I think I made it up. Lol.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
It has been so, so long, though I've tried to peek in every few days.

Muff: Sorry about the sciatic pain... I know of no remedies, unfortunately.

AMC: Hope you find relief through these adjustments

Missy: You give me hope that the glucose test will be bearable! Annoying that they changed your appointment time at the last minute.

Petite: 27 weeks IS huge! I know it's not term, but I think it's a time of major growth for the babe. No stressing over weight gain- your body knows what it's doing.

Mayerling: Waves! How awesome!! Is sleeping on your back uncomfy? I always figured that if it felt fine, it was okay... but maybe not. The visual of a baby's heartrate slowing down has me freaked out, though!

I'm jealous of all these snoogle pillows. I am too cheap!! I TRY to sleep on my side and just prop up a pillow under my right hip so that I can't lay perfectly flat on my back.

Things here are bananas: Home renos, car shopping, travel, early baby showers, job stuff... but I'm just trying to go with the flow. I guess I look like crud today because a few teachers AND students asked me if I was feeling unwell. I'm just tired and trying to ween myself off my daily cup of coffee. Not fun.

23 weeks, feeling Doxy move All.The.Time. This child is throwing non-stop dance parties. I feel like she never sleeps. Without further adieu, the most awkward HDBD pic ever. Please ignore the reno'd room, weird pose and blurriness. I think it's posting sideways, too. The cherry on top!

23 weeks.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Okay I'm laying in bed and my 15-20lb cat just jumped off the headboard and landed right on my belly. I'm sure everything is fine but I'm still freaking out. I really wish I was feeling him kick so I could get some reassurance...

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Amc, one night DH shifted in his sleep and his knee accidentally landed on my belly. It was okay. I'm sure you'll be okay too.

Missy, I used to wear the smallest size shirts available and I continued to do that until a couple of weeks ago when we started talking about shirts getting stretched out. So I went out and bought a couple of sweaters to get me through the rest of the winter. I didn't go for maternity stuff cause they're so expensive; I just bought a couple of sweaters two sizes up for £3.90 each. They still don't fit very well - I don't know if you can see how the sleeves hang - but I don't really care.

PPM, you and I are practically at the same point in our pregnancies!

AFM, I have a doctor's appointment this morning. For the past 36 hours, I've had an on-and-off pain on my right side. It's on the underside of my belly, just above my, ahem, nether regions. It's beginning to worry me. It's funny, if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't really care. But now I keep thinking that it might be something to do with the baby. So I thought I'd better get it checked out. Also, I think I've developed a mole on my right boob just under my nipple, but I'm not sure. My boobs have gotten darker during this pregnancy so I'm not sure I'm seeing it right. I'm thinking it might be puss because I had some puss near there last week but since I'm worried, I wanted to check that too.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the well wishes :)

Sorry for posting and then dashing...

I posted a longer update in the just barely preggos thread just now but in short I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and she diagnosed me with a viral infection, that she thinks I've been trying (and failing) to fight off for the past month... :(

I'm trying to sleep as much as I can, to eat really well and keep hydrated. I've also been doing the Vicks on the feet at night trick. DH has gotten me a humidifier steamer thing for the bedroom (don't know the proper name for it), going to try that tonight.

I was wondering does anyone have any good tips for stuff I can do to make myself feel better and heal quicker? I am so tired of being sick!!!

Hope you are all keeping well, when I'm back on my feet a bit better I'll catch up properly!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Buttons|1332431369|3154312 said:
Hi ladies,

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the well wishes :)

Sorry for posting and then dashing...

I posted a longer update in the just barely preggos thread just now but in short I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and she diagnosed me with a viral infection, that she thinks I've been trying (and failing) to fight off for the past month... :(

I'm trying to sleep as much as I can, to eat really well and keep hydrated. I've also been doing the Vicks on the feet at night trick. DH has gotten me a humidifier steamer thing for the bedroom (don't know the proper name for it), going to try that tonight.

I was wondering does anyone have any good tips for stuff I can do to make myself feel better and heal quicker? I am so tired of being sick!!!

Hope you are all keeping well, when I'm back on my feet a bit better I'll catch up properly!

If anything is in your sinuses, I'd try a neti pot. Other than that, rest and hydration is your best bet!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buttons, sorry you are so sick! I think all of your home remedies sound good, I would've suggested those as well. Sleep/rest is soooo important as your body is trying to fight the virus and then recover. If it's not too chilly where you are, maybe try to spend a few minutes outside in the afternoon getting some fresh air and hopefully vitamin D from the sun--it works wonders!

AMC, that's the biggest stuffed bear I've ever seen! I don't think your cat caused any harm to the baby, but that is scary! My dog weighs about 22 lbs and is generally cautious around my midsection but there have been times she's gotten excited and stepped on my belly which doesn't feel good but hasn't seemed to cause any issues. The LO's are well-cushioned inside us; I think it takes a lot to do any real damage.

Missy, the sweets are hard to give up. The one thing my doctor has mentioned to me about diet this whole time has been to try my hardest to stay away from sweets, including juices. I never had a sweet tooth before, but I have had some intense cravings during this pregnancy for cake and cookies. I can't keep that kind of thing in the house, and if people offer me things like that I start preaching about GD and they lose interest in whatever I'm saying and leave me alone pretty quick.

PPM, love your pic! It's great that you are feeling lots of movement. I don't feel a ton during the day while I'm at work because I'm on my feet and moving around all the time, but when I sit or lie down at night she just goes crazy in there.

Meg, I am excited to see your pic. My doc did not start measuring my belly until last appointment at 28 weeks. I didn't have a lot to measure before then so maybe that's why? He also doesn't do gender u/s until 20 weeks, so maybe he is just slow? ;-) They never tell me my weight, either...I could ask but I have weighed myself at home periodically and I agree with them when they tell me I'm right on track. I will likely be close to a 30-35 lb. gain, I think. Ha, my husband was whining a bit the other day about putting 5 lbs back on since we got married last fall and I gave him a death glare. He said, "but I just want to look good for you!" So he saved himself, but he was precariously close to getting smacked. Oh, congrats on your closing date--good luck with everything house-wise!

Mayerling, hope your appointment goes well and that you get some answers on your pain and your boob.

AFM, I have my first 2-week checkup this afternoon. I can't believe how fast things are going now. I've been doing some reading and it's getting a bit overwhelming...I have a La Leche League book on breastfeeding, the Dr. Sears Baby Book, and one called Birthing From Within. Is anyone else reading any of those or do you have any recommendations? I also read "The Baby Bond" by a Dr. Linda Palmer and it was great. A co-worker of mine who had to read it for a class lent it to me and I really enjoyed it. Oh, and I finally got my painting (mostly) done for the nursery, it turned out really cute. Here is the thread if anyone's interested: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-paint-with-acrylics-on-canvas.172612/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-paint-with-acrylics-on-canvas.172612/[/URL]

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1332434779|3154359 said:
AMC, that's the biggest stuffed bear I've ever seen! I don't think your cat caused any harm to the baby, but that is scary! My dog weighs about 22 lbs and is generally cautious around my midsection but there have been times she's gotten excited and stepped on my belly which doesn't feel good but hasn't seemed to cause any issues. The LO's are well-cushioned inside us; I think it takes a lot to do any real damage.

After thinking rationally about it I figure baby was fine...but it was still so scary. Had the cat jumped up onto my stomach I think I would have been fine, but the fact that he was jumping down a couple of feet...well, not cool.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Quick fly by - how often should I feel the baby move? I'm 27 weeks. Haven't felt him move for a while and am starting to worry.

Thanks so much!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!

Monnie, I am reading "The Big Book of Birth" right now and finding it really useful, also enjoyed "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth," though that one is a little on the crunchy side. I can't believe you are already to 2 week appointments!

Buttons, so sorry you've been feeling so poorly, I agree that rest is the best thing you can do! Hope it passes quickly.

mayerling, sorry about the funny pain, hope it is nothing. It's funny how pregnancy makes us hyperaware of every little ache and pain. Cute bump!

amc, wow, that is quite the teddy bear! I'd go crazy trying to find a place for it in my house! I'm sure baby is fine after the cat jumping on you, there is plenty of cushioning for him in there!

PPM, you look adorable! Glad you are feeling baby girl moving around so much, isn't it awesome?

meg, glad things looked good on your quickie US and hope the big one tomorrow goes well too! I could never tell what I was looking at unless it was super clear!

PP, my midwife starts measuring the fundus around the halfway mark, so the first time I had it done was 22 weeks?

Missy, glad you didn't find the glucose test too bad, gives me hope for mine next week. You look great!

Muffdog, you look so relaxed on your babymoon! Glad you had a nice time. I just read something that you should feel the baby move on average 10 times every 2-3 hours, in the third tri, but I know for myself I don't feel that when I'm sitting around during the day at work, only get up to that number at night. Do you know of anything that usually gets baby moving for you (for me it's laying down) that you can try to reassure yourself?

AFM, not much going on still. 27 weeks tomorrow, hello third trimester! The end is in sight! Baby girl is moving around like crazy and I am loving it. I can relate to all of you that are having a really hard time with the weight gain, I have been having some freakouts about it lately. I think I'm up somewhere between 20 and 25 lbs now, so much for my hopes to only gain 25 for the entire pregnancy. I'm not sure of the exact number since I finally took the scale out of our bathroom and stashed it in DH's office where I rarely go because it's the one room in the house I let him keep as messy as he likes. My midwives have not said anything to me about my gain so far and reassured me last appointment it is on track so I'm trying to trust that it's within the rage of normal (even if it is the higher side) and that my body is doing what it needs to to grow a healthy baby. Just hard for me as someone who is normally very fit. I'm going to NYC this weekend with a girlfriend for a fun getaway, so excited! I guess it's sort of my babymoon even though DH isn't invited. :lol: I'll try and add a bump pic tomorrow!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sbolte, thanks for the book recs. Re. weight gain: I haven't looked in a full-length mirror for probably 5 months. I am focusing on belly right now and listening to people who tell me I look cute, and to my husband who compliments me every day without fail. Otherwise I fear unnecessary freakouts and stress. I think you had a great idea putting the scale out of sight/out of mind. Also, I don't mean to sound like a horrible person but sometimes I look at Jessica Simpson's preggy pics on the gossip sites and I feel just fine about my weight. Girlfriend has changed dramatically since her Daisy Duke days, holy cannoli.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MuffDog|1332436040|3154376 said:
Quick fly by - how often should I feel the baby move? I'm 27 weeks. Haven't felt him move for a while and am starting to worry.

Thanks so much!

How long is a while? Can you go somewhere and put your feet up and sit quietly for a bit to see if he'll move? I wouldn't worry unless it's been an entire day without movement. A few hours here and there...probably not a big deal.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64|1332438369|3154407 said:

Thanks so much!

How long is a while? Can you go somewhere and put your feet up and sit quietly for a bit to see if he'll move? I wouldn't worry unless it's been an entire day without movement. A few hours here and there...probably not a big deal.

Muff just logged in to ask the same thing. I'm just about 19 weeks and usually feel the baby everyday and I haven't felt much in the past two days. Any tricks to get the baby moving??.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
MuffDog and Meg, I was given a form from my OB's office to record kick counts, and I think it says to drink some juice and lay down on your left side 30 minutes later. You should count kicks and any movements for 2 hours at that point, and have at least 8-10 kicks. Can either one of you try that out? I don't think it's absolutely necessary to lay down - you could probably just sit quietly somewhere. Just make sure you aren't distracted.

I don't usually feel kicks throughout the day, unless the baby's hungry in the mornings. He's usually more active at night when I'm in bed trying to fall asleep. Go figure!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to jump in quick on how I get baby to move, in case it helps others. I've noticed since I've starting drinking tons of water I can usually feel her move during/ after otherwise it's only really at night when I'm on my side. Anyways, try drinking a LARGE glass of cold water. Drink it pretty fast vs over a long period of time. I usually chug it then lay down on my side. She has always been in my right, so I lay on my left and just put my hand where I can usually feel her. Hope that helps.

Meg- at 19 weeks baby's moves were still pretty light vs now at 26 weeks (big rolls and pushing out with legs). I worried myself constantly about her moving, but I think she was still just too small and tucked away.

Monarch- I get more worried when I see her weight! I do not want to get that big. I don't mean to judge her, but I'm pretty petite, so it would be terrible for me.

Steph- Babymoon minus DH sounds nice! I think it will be good to have a girl weekend! It seems we are all about the same regarding weight gain. That makes me feel better, because I don't know what's normal and try to stick to the lower ends.

AMC- sorry your kitty scared you! I'm sure baby is ok though. Keep us updated.

Sorry to cut this short. Time to eat!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1332439487|3154421 said:

Thanks so much!

Muff just logged in to ask the same thing. I'm just about 19 weeks and usually feel the baby everyday and I haven't felt much in the past two days. Any tricks to get the baby moving??.

Meg- I wouldn't worry. I'll go a few days at a time without feeling much, but today I can really feel him (bubbles/flutters). I think he's pi$$ed that a giant cat jumped on him. I don't think my doctor even starts kick counts until 24 or 28 weeks or something like that.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much!

I've tried cold water, juice and a chocolate bar. I have felt a few tiny bumps, but not much and not strong.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
MuffDog|1332447294|3154517 said:

Thanks so much!

I've tried cold water, juice and a chocolate bar. I have felt a few tiny bumps, but not much and not strong.
If you're still concerned, you can always give your doc a call. They can hook you up to a non-stress test monitor for a while to make sure everything's okay. I'm glad to hear you at least felt a few small bumps after the water, juice, and chocolate though!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
My form I got on Wednesday from the doc said to start kick counts at 28 weeks. I should be feeling 10 - 15 kicks/movements per day. If it doesn't seem like much is going on, it said to lie down for 2 hours after drinking juice and I should feel at least 2 - 3 kicks, If not, go to L&D and they'd hook me up to a fetal monitor to check on baby. I think anytime before that isn't reliable because baby is still small and has more room to move around and hide. I guess they think once you hit 28 weeks, it's harder to move in there and any little movement can be felt? Who knows. I've definitely felt more than 10 - 15 kicks/movements today, that's for sure!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Quick post with doctor update: doc said that the pain on my right side is probably a musculo-skeletal pain in the abdominal wall - probably from how I've been using my abdomen to get up or sit/lie down :roll: - and should sort itself out. The mole on the boob is not really a mole; he called it a Montgomery gland something and said it's pretty common in pregnancy and nothing to worry about.

Oh, regarding the weight gain thing: this afternoon I went to visit my landlady (from back when I was renting a room during my phd - we've kept in touch) and she said that I look like the 6kg are all in my belly and I haven't gained elsewhere; that made me feel so good! :D Also, the second she saw me, she said "it's a boy!". I was like "how do you know?" and she said it's from the way I'm carrying. An hour later, her DH gets home from work and he says "it's a boy!", again because of the way I'm carrying. I told them that there was no reason for me to wait until the 20 week scan; I should have gone to them to find out the gender! :lol:

Muff and Meg, I wouldn't worry about the movements. I always freak out when I don't feel him much, but there are days where I don't feel him at all until bedtime when I'm trying to sleep and he decides to act up. Also, I know we're not supposed to lie on our backs, but I find that this is the position that gets him going the most.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
AMC: Sorry your kitty hopped on your belly... must've hurt AND been stressful. I'm sure your baby is okay- you're still feeling movement, right?

Muff: Cold water usually does the trick for me. But if you're not feeling comfortable with the movements, call your care provider. That's what they're there for. If it eases your mind it is worth it. Really.

I didn't say this in my previous post, but everyones' bumps are ADORABLE. You ladies all look fantastic!!

Re: Weight. I am at 23 weeks and up 13 pounds. I also started this pregnancy about four pounds heavier than my average, so that might make a difference. I know I'm gonna break the 30 pound mark, especially if I keep gaining a pound a week. I'm annoyed with it and worried about not losing post-partum. I've always had thicker thighs, but now I have total cankles and my legs are like sausages. I'm getting serious heat rash on days I wear skirts and dresses, which was never an issue before. It's hard to feel pretty/sexy/confident now, even though I KNOW I'm in the middle of growing a healthy baby girl. I want you all to feel super-great about yourselves and your bodies, but it really helps to know others are experiencing similar anxiety over weight gain. I'm not going to pretend like I feel fabulous about myself if I don't, ya know?

Happy Thursday to everyone!! Hope you're enjoying these first few days of spring!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, as promised, a belly pic! This was 19 weeks exactly.

19 weeks.JPG

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
PPM- Welcome back ! It’s been a while. Cute bump pic! I was cheap too for a snoogle, so I bought the lower priced one from BRU. I only bought it because there was a deal for a 50% gift card for the pillow. It worked out well because I went and bought something else for the baby.

Mayerling- I’m glad the pain was explained as being normal. These pregnancy pains are so weird and scary!

Buttons- Hope you feel better. I was sick with a terrible cold back in January (twice). The second time I read every home remedy site possible and the only thing I tried was chicken broth! I’m not a fan of it, but I like to think that it helped. That second cold lasted half of the time as the first. Also, as AMC mentioned the neti-pot!

Monarch- When are you posting pics of your nursery?! I love the window panel fabric and can’t wait to see how everything turns out!

Meg- Such a cute bump pic!

AFM- Today I have my check-up kidney ultrasound. I haven’t had any pains recently, but have been drinking less than 2 liters of water a day. I need to do better. Ah, oh well. I’ve started doing the dishes and laundry lately, which is VERY rare for me! I think it means nesting is really starting to kick in. Baby’s room is a storage area since we are moving just after her birth, so I guess my body is trying to find things to clean since I can’t do her room. I’m sure DH is enjoying the break and is probably praying it will last a long time! I also want to bake everything. I don’t because I think about where that extra weight would go and I don’t need any more help there.

Question: How much have you bought for baby? I feel SO far behind even though I still have a good 3 months.

26w3d!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST!!!! Ahhh, so relieved :razz:

On that good note, here's another one, I think... If my suspicions are correct, my "surprise" shower is tomorrow. DH has told 2 of our friends on seperate occasions that we have plans tomorrow and he is yet to tell me what they are? My mom wanted a "girls day" tomorrow. Then the very next day out of the blue my cousin asked DH and I over her house, practically begging me (we haven't seen my cousin since January)! So I'm thinking the shower is at her house. I wasn't sure what to do since I had two plans to choose from and if I was totally wrong about my suspicions I'd have to tell one of them no haha. So I asked my mom what to do and she said "Go to Heathers" which is my cousin and she was pretty persistant about it. Only thing, I'm not sure why my mom and cousin didn't discuss this before about who was getting me to her house but anyway! And to confirm my suspicions, I was talking to two of my co-workers about this yesterday and another co-worker must have overheard us because later on I overheard her talking and she said "I'm going to let Missy's mom know that she thinks the shower is tomorrow". So either this co-worker is invited or she's being nosey on Facebook and letting my mom know. I really don't know why my mom would have invited her, this girl has thrown me under the bus more than once and I've told my mom about her before, but never gave her this girl's name. We're friends on Facebook, but my mom doesn't even know who she is. Who knows. If she was invited, I know it had to be an honest mistake on my mom's part, she'd never do this to me on purpose. So now I'm wondering who else from work is invited. If she's the only one, well then that starts drama at work haha. This is why I'm usually not okay with surprises and I dig and dig until I know the whole story. Ok, now I'm totally overthinking this whole thing :roll: If you made it through all of this...you deserve a pat on the back!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results