shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Muff, I would do ANYTHING to have that bathtub! I would get in it every single might and take a looooong warm bath! Your bump is still the cutest :)

Amc, I hear you re sleeping. Ugh. I am so uncomfortable and I end up waking up an hour early because my body is so sore from sleeping! The snoogle helps, but doesn't solve all my problems. I wish I knew of a better solution, but I'm just trying to pretend I don't mind since I'm only half way there!

Ppm, sorry to hear that about the baby's heart. I can totally understand your frustration with the whole point of going to a midwife vs a dr. I would probably get it checked just in case there is a larger issue that would make you want to have a hospital birth, but it sounds reassuring that it is likely minor. Keep us posted!

Buttons, I have to wear suits. I have been wearing maternity dresses, maternity stockings, heels and a jacket. I've been buying jackets in size 12 and 14 petite but usually just buttoning the top button near my boobs, as the other buttons won't button! Would that work for you? I think most ppl and businesses allow a little leeway for growing bellies! (or they ought to at least!) actual matity suits were upwards of $500 which I was no about to pay, so I've been winging it with mat dresses (gap also has some cute suit like mat pencil skirts) and bigger sized jackets. Good luck!

Eta....I know we don't talk much about doing the deed around here since we are all preggo already, but I've found it very uncomfortable in almost any position despite the fact that I'm in the mood. Any suggestions??

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1332551041|3155392 said:
AFM, today was the 20 week level II. I'm still measuring a full 8 days ahead, so 19w3d.

I forgot to comment on this. Way back when we both got knocked up, I vaguely remember wondering why our EDDs were so far off when we ovulated/had LMP around the same time. Your measuring ahead basically puts you exactly on par with me, which makes more sense. So I wonder if you're really measuring ahead or if your original EDD was just wacky?

megumic said:
Eta....I know we don't talk much about doing the deed around here since we are all preggo already, but I've found it very uncomfortable in almost any position despite the fact that I'm in the mood. Any suggestions??

Ummm no. DH and I actually had a discussion about this (but didn't actually do it). He's on graveyard shift right now, so there are only two nights a week we are both home. Add that in with 16 weeks of nausea and now just being tired all the time...not a whole lot of nookie going on. But we did discuss it. Since I can't lay on my back or stomach, he figured doggy would be the only thing that would work. That, or spooning, but I've always found that one to be a bit of a pain (not literally).

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Meg - the tub is AWESOME!! We used to have this really old and really shallow tub - I barely could cover my non-preggo belly, nonetheless my boobs or anything else. This one is like heaven. We've only had it for about 6 months and it has seen a lot of me :) As far as DTD - neither me or my husband have been into it. At all. It is quite sad actually. Have you tried a spooning position?

Buttons - That dress code is WHACK. I am sorry you have to deal with it. Is there any leeway for preggos? Like a jacket but not done up? Or a sweater instead?

PPM - I'm sure the midwife is just covering her butt just like you said - she has to transfer your care if you aren't a totally normal low risk preggo. Try not to stress until you have a reason to (easier said than done, I know).

AMC - I hear ya on sleeping. I am constantly uncomfortable and my body does everything it can to put me on my back or sort of tipped onto my tummy. If I am successful staying on my side, I wake up sore!

AFM - my cold is finally clearing up which is great, because (this is gross) I'm tired of peeing myself when I cough. It is so defeating. Ugh.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Okay all of your replies on sleeping are helpful...makes me feel like I'm not just a big sissy.

Question- when do you start going to bi-weekly appointments? Is it at the start of the 3rd trimester?

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
re: hip pain while sleeping - I've always slept on my stomach, so side sleeping really hurts my hips. I've found that the best way to avoid a lot of hip pain is to not lie straight on your hip (totally vertical), but to roll forward a little by putting your top leg slightly in front of you. This is what I use my extra pillow for, I don't put it between my legs so much but more on the bed in front of me and then put my top leg on it. So I'm not really sleeping on my stomach or straight on my hip. It's a long body pillow so I also use it to prop my top arm up so it's not dangling weirdly, I sort of cuddle the pillow. It doesn't eliminate all pain but it helps a ton.

re: DTD - Oh, that's a funny one!! I'm extremely superstitious about everything I did the day before and the day my water broke with O and won't do any of it, including DTD. Since they don't know why my water broke I refuse to take any chances, no matter how slim (I haven't done the laundry in months!). Luckily my dh is just as paranoid/superstitious as I am so it hasn't proved to be a problem, just an annoyance. I'm sure it would be fine but I'm willing to wait to ease my mind a little.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1332784532|3156656 said:
Okay all of your replies on sleeping are helpful...makes me feel like I'm not just a big sissy.

Question- when do you start going to bi-weekly appointments? Is it at the start of the 3rd trimester?
Sorry about all your sleeping pains. I guess I was lucky that sleeping on my back isn't much of a problem for me. I'll sometimes have problems breathing, so I'll roll over to my left side, but I spend most of the time rolling between left, back, and right sides throughout the night. I probably spend most of the time on my back though, out of habit.

I switched to bi-weekly appointments at 28 weeks, so the next one was at 30 weeks. Then it went to weekly appointments at 36 weeks.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Meg/Muff/Mayerling/PPM- Thanks for the feedback on pics. The cost is my biggest hesitation, which is why I’d prefer someone (like a friend or DH take them) unless it is included in newborn picture package. It’s something I need to look into.
Mayerling- sorry to hear sleeping isn’t going well. I toss and turn, so no advice on TRUE comfort!

Missy- So fun seeing baby move! I’ve only see the weird movements a few times, but I love it! It’s in those moments when I really know there is someone in there!

Buttons- Glad you’re getting better! What a relief. No advice on work clothes. I haven’t seen any jackets around here, but I’ll keep my eyes out.

Muff- Super jealous of your bump and bathroom!

Amc- I hear you on it getting difficult to breathe! It’s been that way all this week and is terrible/scary. Glad your DH got to feel baby!

Ppm- A lemonade sounds much better than the other stuff I keep hearing about! Can’t wait to hear how it actually tastes. Keep us updated on the cardiologist appointment. I hope it’s nothing and just a fluke on the midwifes part.

Meg- No suggestions on DTD as I have not been in the mood most of this pregnancy. I feel terrible for DH. I was reading about it What to Expect last night though and they mentioned side facing each other or spooning as alternatives.

Kunzite- Great explanation on how to sleep. I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ve been doing this entire pregnancy and haven’t had any hip issues.

AFM- DH is away this week. My sleep has been really odd this past week with me waking every 20-30 minutes, every few hours. My long naps have shortened to 20-30 minute ones, but I feel much more relaxed after. Breathing has become much more of a chore recently. I have to remind myself to sit up stretch or to stretch out my shoulders/body so my lungs have more room. It’s making sitting and falling asleep more difficult unless I’m in the perfect position.
~~ 26w6d

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1332783820|3156647 said:
AFM, today was the 20 week level II. I'm still measuring a full 8 days ahead, so 19w3d.

I forgot to comment on this. Way back when we both got knocked up, I vaguely remember wondering why our EDDs were so far off when we ovulated/had LMP around the same time. Your measuring ahead basically puts you exactly on par with me, which makes more sense. So I wonder if you're really measuring ahead or if your original EDD was just wacky?

Well, my LMP was 11/16, but my "cycle" before that was a m/c. I'm pretty sure I just ovulated super early and my. Body wasn't doing its normal 28-30 day gig. I think I O'ed Like right before thanksgiving or that weekend. I tried telling the doc that but they insisted on going by LMP. They will keep my due date so I have more time on the tail end, but I bet this baby comes right around the 20th. S I really think I O'ed wacky if anything. Lol.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1332805486|3156910 said:
amc80|1332783820|3156647 said:

Well, my LMP was 11/16, but my "cycle" before that was a m/c. I'm pretty sure I just ovulated super early and my. Body wasn't doing its normal 28-30 day gig. I think I O'ed Like right before thanksgiving or that weekend. I tried telling the doc that but they insisted on going by LMP. They will keep my due date so I have more time on the tail end, but I bet this baby comes right around the 20th. S I really think I O'ed wacky if anything. Lol.

I O'd the day before Thanksgiving...I guess we will find out just when these babies decide to make their appearances! I'm going to have the opposite problem- based on when I O'd, my edd is 8/16. But my EDD is 8/14, and as of my NT scan baby was measuring at 8/12. I'm very interested to see how he's measuring at my anatomy scan on Thursday. I have a feeling this kid is going to be a monster.

Oh, that reminds me. I had a dream he was born...at 9lbs2oz and 24 inches long. OUCH.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Buttons: Welcome to the big thread! I think you were just about to graduate from LIW when I joined. So funny how so many of our big life events play out on PS isn't it! I hope the nausea and headaches have eased off for you.

Missy: Your shower looks great! It looks like they put so much effort in with the decorations. And how generous of your mum to offer to buy anything else that you need! Sorry to hear about your DH. I have been feeling BH since about 18 weeks. My whole tummy goes really hard. As I got further along, it started to feel like someone was squeezing my lower tummy really hard. It was uncomfortable, but not painful.

China: I have never seen or heard of an Arwen in real life. It came straight from LOTR for me! I also had Amidala down for a bit. Arwen sounds almost like a normal name though, and it is pretty so that is why it remained on the list! Here is a link to the popular names here at the moment: http://www.huggies.com.au/baby-names/popular/top-100-girls

S&I: I am getting pelvic pain too. It sucks. It has gotten worse in the last few days as well. Are you still working? I can't believe how close you are! Less than three weeks till your little boy is in your arms! I am just a little bit jealous that you know when he is arriving. It is irrational, I know, as I wouldn't want to be induced unless necessary, but having that knowledge appeals to my Type A personality!

Muff: So jealous of your babymoon to Jamaica! The closest we got was staying at a hotel for two nights for our anniversary on the Gold Coast. I haven't had sciatic pain. I thought I did from 8-13 weeks but when I went to the osteopath he told me it was because my hips were out of alignment. He did an adjustment and the pain went away! The hospitals over here vary a lot with what they provide. We also have universal health care here, with the option of going private. I am going to a private hospital (covered by my health insurance). They provide something like 16 diapers and some wipes, no maternity pads, but all clothing for the baby whilst you are there. Anything else you have to provide yourself. I am another one who is jealous of your bathtub. It looks amazing!

Lizzy: Sorry to hear about your DH's health scare. I am glad he is feeling better. So good to hear you have lots of energy and are feeling great. How far along are you now?

Kunzite: I am late to weigh in on your boys names, but my favourite first names out of those three are Miles and Elliot. I really, really like Miles Alexander, but I am not so keen on the combination of Allen with Elliot or Henry!

PP: Your little one kicking your dog is too cute! The few times I have been around another baby, and it cries or makes any other baby noises, bubs has started kicking up a storm. I couldn't help thinking she was saying “Get off MY mummy!” I did maternity pictures at 31w5d. I had scheduled them for 29w5d but didn't feel like I looked pregnant enough so postponed for two weeks. I love them. I understand what the other ladies are saying about not feeling attractive, but I think pregnant bodies are beautiful, and I really wanted to capture me as a pregnant lady as well as the emotions that DH and I are feeling at the moment – in love with each other, with this little baby and completely excited about meeting her! We were concerned about cost too. Luckily for us, we found someone trying to build her portfolio who did them for free. Check out local forums or places like craigslist and you might be able to find someone like that. Otherwise, a lot of photographers here offer a package with the newborn photos. If we hadn't found the lady who wanted to do it for free, we were going to go for a package that included the maternity session as a free session with the purchase of a newborn session plus images on CD. I posted some of the photos we received on p. 1165 of this thread. And I have more if you would like to see them! :halo:

AMC:
My OB first checked my fundal height and the positioning of the baby at 28 weeks, then at every appointment after that. Re the Gmail account – I would set that up using your or your DH's personal details as gmail policy is that children under 13 (I think) cannot have their own email accounts, and they have been known to shut down non-complying email accounts without notice, meaning that the users lose all their emails!

PPM: Life sounds crazy! I hope you are taking care of yourself. I have had similar problems weaning myself off caffeine. I ended up in the third tri substituting with decaf, as I liked the taste and ritual of drinking the coffee too much to stop. It was really hard to resist caffeine when I am at my most tired though (and sometimes I don't – like today)! Sorry to hear about your referral for the heart issues, but it is probably better to know about it. I hope it doesn't interfere with your birth centre plans.

Mayerling: Everyone guesses boy for me too! I am apparently 'carrying low.” Nope, this baby is a GIRL! I have heard the same thing about baby bjorns – that they are not good for baby's development due to dangling them from the crotch. We have a manduca, which is almost identical to an Ergo, and a sleepy wrap. I really like them both, so I hope our little one does too!

Meg: Glad your 19week scan went well and good on you for staying team Green!

Tearing: Totally scared about this. My OB gave me stats that about 30% of women in labour don't tear or need an epiosotomy, meaning 70% do! Scary.

Weight: I haven't weighed myself since about 24 weeksish. At that point I was 8kg over my pre-pregnancy weight. I decided I didn't want to stress about how much weight I am putting on so I stopped weighing myself. I have been eating a lot of bad snackfood so I think I probably have put too much weight on. I put weight on evenly though so it is hard to tell. I am not super big for 36 weeks anyway!

AFM: 36 weeks today.

I have been experiencing BH since 18 weeks, they increased in frequency and strength from around 31 weeks. From Sunday evening, they started to get a bit painful, but still irregular. Today I have been experiencing lower back pain and period like cramps on and off all day as well as the BH. I think I might be experiencing pre-labour? I have an appointment with the OB tomorrow so will ask him about it. I don't want this to go on for weeks but I am not ready for her to come just yet. She needs to wait until at least next Friday (Good friday) so my job will be protected by legislation! I have had it in my mind that she will arrive on Good Friday. No reason other than that is the earliest I want her to and I guess I am just over being pregnant so I am hoping she comes early!

Not much is happening here. We have all the big items we need, and are just slowly buying the small things we need. My bag for the hospital is mostly packed, but I think I need another pair of pyjamas/a nighty. For the BTDT mamas, do I really NEED a nighty? Or will pyjamas do? Is a nighty suggested just if you have had a CS so that the hip band doesn't irritate the incision site?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
So DH and I heard a name we liked last night Kaylie/Caylee/Kaylee however you spell it...haha. Yay or nay? I'm not sure...my neice's name is Mikala (pronounced like Mikayla, not sure why her my had to spell it different!) do they sound too close?? And then I'm afraid the name would be referenced to Caylee Anthony...ugh this name thing is HARD!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I do think Kaylie sounds a lot like Mikala, but I don't have any issue with similar-sounding names so if that's what you like I'd say go for it.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Bobbin- The love, experience, and joy we are experiencing right now with this pregnancy is exactly why I want some photos of our little family before she is born. I didn't realize it was possible to love DH more than I already did until I started thinking about how he will be with her and how we will be as a family. It's truly a wonderful time and I'd love it captured in some way. I'll have to look into starters. Your pics looks great and you got a HUGE deal! I get so teary-eyed when I see you ladies in the 36+ weeks! I'm sure you're ready, and I'm sure at that time I will be too, but I can't help but feel sad that this special time with my sweet baby is getting closer to the end. I've yet to have BH. I'm so curious to how they feel, however, I know it would make me paranoid that I was going into preterm labor or something- which is a huge fear of mine. I hadn't really thought of which clothes to pack for sleeping! However, after reading an OMG Mom blog post about postpartum care I'm thinking a gown may be easier and more comfortable.

Missy- Only looking at the names Kaylee and Mika(y)la do I see a similarity. When I say them out loud it doesn't even seem close. I can't say it would be a name that would cause me to confuse the two children (accidently, of course). I do dislike how the names Casey and Caylee (spelled only those ways) make me wonder if people would think of those two names, however, I'm not sure they would in reality. Good luck choosing a name. Just go with what feels right to you and DH when you say it and think of your LO.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
PPM, just checking in on you. Any news about the cardiologist?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buttons|1332769006|3156554 said:
:

I posted this in the JBP thread too - can I ask any of the ladies who wear a suit to work how did you find it sourcing work clothes? I am limited to black, no trousers, and I must wear a jacket that has to remain buttoned at all times. I anticipated this could be an issue so I've been digging around online but I didn't anticipate it would be this hard! I have access to all of the major European and UK chain stores, and may be able to make it work getting my hands on some of the US stores.

Buttons, Such a restrictive dress code!!! Looks like A pea in the pod offers international shipping, and they have black suit separates: http://www.apeainthepod.com/maternity/work-clothes.asp .

If you need to order from overseas, I think a lot of boutiques would offer international shipping, but noticed this place charges a $125 minimum for international orders. http://www.appleseedboutique.com/maternity-suiting.html How could that be??

Also, consider ebay. If you don't want something used (which I totally wouldn't shy away from myself), there are often sellers who have new items, and it's easy to just ask if they would ship to you. I certaily would! But, alas, I have no black maternity suits to sell. :lol:

PPM, Sorry to hear about the referral, but better safe than sorry, right? Hope everything checks out ok. Oh, re: the floor refinishing. We had the floors in our nursery poly'd while I was prego. The water based poly was really nothing compared to the regular (oil based, I think.) As long as your hubby has the windows open, he'll be fine!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Quick update - Just got back from the OB. He wasn't concerned about the pre-labour symptoms I have been having. Baby is also 'locked in my pelvis' but not fully engaged yet - which explains why my pelvic pain has gotten worse over the last few days. I am getting excited about meeting our little girl soon. Just stay in there until next Thursday baby!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bobbin|1332898384|3157832 said:
Quick update - Just got back from the OB. He wasn't concerned about the pre-labour symptoms I have been having. Baby is also 'locked in my pelvis' but not fully engaged yet - which explains why my pelvic pain has gotten worse over the last few days. I am getting excited about meeting our little girl soon. Just stay in there until next Thursday baby!

Bobbin, I am crossing all crossables for you that your baby stays put until your job is covered! So excited for you, though!

This thread has gotten away from me again--it moves so fast! I have another tab open on my laptop at home and have been re-reading the thread in its entirety (because I am nuts) and it's so cool. I love reading about other posters' pregnancies having "known" them for so long on the boards. I think I'm up to pg. 725 or so right now. Does anyone else do this or am I seriously crazy? I like to do it before bedtime and recently I have started having dreams about giving birth and breastfeeding. They have all been positive so far and I hope it remains that way!

I found a dress for my shower this weekend and I went and purchased it today--SO EXCITED! Wearing with it the fedora, of which I posted a pic below.
http://www.express.com/latice-back-maxi-dress-45992-951/control/page/6/show/3/index.pro

I finally found gifts for my hostesses--I got them each a Le Creuset pitcher and am trying (and failing) to come up with something eloquent to say about the symbolism of the pitcher/vessel and how it ties into motherhood, etc. on their thank you-notes. Hopefully something will come to me by the weekend.

I'm having some BH contrax but nothing painful, sleeping is pretty ok for me still but I have always been a side-sleeper, ankles/feet are swollen every evening but nothing too drastic...otherwise I feel great! Oh, the DTD thing...I only want it in the mornings and my husband is usually gone to work before I get up so we have been saving it for weekends. Not that comfortable anymore! We have found that lots and lots of foreplay and finishing in the "method of the canines" as was said way way way upthread (like page 700 by Dreamer, I believe) works for us at this point. This is NOT, I repeat NOT happening every weekend by any means, I am giving examples of occasions we actually HAVE been energetic enough for the act. Like I could count on two hands the number of times in the last 7 months we've DTD, and we are ok with it. 'Tis but a lull in the action and is temporary, we keep telling ourselves!

tilleyshantungfedora.jpg

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Bobbin- I'll keep everything crossed too that baby stays put until next Thursday!

Monarch- I love the Le Creuset pitchers, I think they are a must have! What a cute idea for your hosts. No advice though on cute sayings. I'm not creative enough for that! For one my birthdays I was given a nice glass pitcher full of fruit with a cute hand made tag on the handle for a yummy Sangria mix. Perhaps you could find a good "mommy drink" that your friends would enjoy?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
So much going on in here! I love it!

Missy, glad your shower went well and can't wait to see your monkey themed nursery all together! All the spelling variations would definitely make me think twice about Caylee and all its variations but it's definitely a cute name. Have you checked out the website nymbler? Good for finding names if you keep finding ones that are close but not quite there.

PetitePoire, I'm skipping official maternity pics, considering almost two years after our wedding we haven't gotten around to framing any of those pics, not sure what we would do with the maternity pics. I think the time frame you are thinking depends on how you are carrying - you want to have an obvious bump but not feel hugely uncomfortable either!

Mayerling, I've heard great things about the Beco Gemini, which allows you to front/rear/side carry and face baby in or out, we registered for that. We also have a Moby style wrap.

Buttons, glad you are feeling a little better! Good luck on the clothing search, that sounds hard!

PPM I'm so jealous of you getting to drink lemonade instead! Hope the heart issue turns out to be nothing, but sorry you have to deal with the hassle of the extra appointments.

Muff, I want your bathtub too! You look great!

Meg, glad everything looked good in your scan and awesome you are sticking with team green! With regards to DTD, we have definitely slowed down, especially since it seems like one of us has been sick constantly for months, but when we do DTD the only uncomfortable position is missionary - me on top or as Monnie said "in the manner of canines" is still ok.

amc, my office starts 2 week appointments at 28 weeks.

Kunzite, glad you are keeping those twins baking away!

bobbin, I think a nighty is recommended over pants since the nurses may need to be checking you out below the waist frequently. Glad your little girl is in position but hoping she stays put for you until the perfect date!

Monnie, love that dress, you are going to look fab at your shower! I went back and read the preggo thread back when I was still waiting to TTC, but I bet it would be a totally different experience now that I am in the thick of things.

AFM, 27w5d today. Had fun on my girl's trip to NYC, walked around so much and ate plenty of delicious food. But I was hurting by the end of the weekend! Did my GD test last night, glad that is over, the sugar did not sit well on my empty stomach (I fasted for about 4 hours before the test). Have to wait for results. I have to get my Rhogam shot soon too, I thought they would give it at the appointment, but apparently I have to go to the hospital, get bloodwork done, wait 1-3 hours, and then go to a different department for the shot. What a pain! I'm lucky that my midwife has evening hours one night a week so my appointments other than ultrasounds have not cut into work too much, but this one will have to. We picked out a crib on Friday night that MIL is generously buying for us, and my mom and sister are coming to visit for the weekend to help work on other nursery projects and just have a fun weekend of hanging out. DH will be off visiting his best friend in Texas, I think he'll be glad to escape the house full of women. Oh, my coworker that lent me a bunch of maternity clothes gave me something even better, her snoogle! I had been thinking that pillow was kind of silly, but I was so wrong! And DH likes that it takes up way less room than the fortress of pillows I was using previously.

Hi to all the other lovely ladies!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Steph, glad you had fun at your girls' weekend and that you're done with the glucose test.

Buttons, any luck on the clothing front?

Bobbin, here's hoping she stays in until next Thursday. And I'm definitely going with a nighty because I think it'll be easier until the baby comes. After he's here, I'm switching to pjs because it's easier to be in pjs if you've got people coming over to visit in the hospital.

Monarch, the dress looks great.

How is everyone else doing?

AFM, 25 weeks today. I'm just back from my midwife appointment. We heard the baby's heart on the doppler and they said it's between 130-140. She also measured my belly and said that it's measuring for 26 weeks but didn't actually adjust my EDD. They tested my urine and said it looks fine and so is my BP. So they scheduled the next appointment for 4 weeks from now and also scheduled the glucose test for 3 weeks from now. They said I have to drink 273ml of lucozade - which I have to buy on my own because they don't provide it - and go in an hour later to have some blood drawn. I've never had lucozade and, based on what I've been reading on this thread, it doesn't seem like it's particularly tasty. Anyway, that's it from me, and here's a 25 week pic. Happy hump day bump day!

photo_21.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I made the weirdest discovery last night- if I move my hands down my torso, starting just under my boobs, I can feel that my bump now starts only a few inches down. Rib, rib, rib, weird squishy ab/bump thing. My bump had been down quite a ways, but I guess it's starting o pull on those upper ab muscles. Weird.

Also, I started going to a prenatal pilates class! It's a 5 week series and each week there's a different focus. This week was all about the pelvic floor and how to strengthen it...and how to be able to relax and contract those muscles. It was a great class...definitely working out some muscles I wouldn't be otherwise. The only bad part was when we were working on stretching out the perineal muscles. Apparently the thought is if you work on stretching and relaxing those muscles, they will be able to stretch out during labor and you can avoid tearing or getting an episiotomy. The way we stretched them was by sitting on what was essentially a little tiny dodge ball (maybe 5 inches in diameter)...and putting it right....there. It hurt like a mofo, but afterward that area actually felt pretty good.

Here's my pic for the week- this was yesterday at 20 weeks.

week20 shirt.JPG

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Just adding a bump picture for today. I think my bump looks high with a shirt on and low and bigger(!) when it's bare. Strange! My belly button is still an innie, not sure what it's going to do!

IMAG0516.jpg

IMAG0517.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I'll play this week, but only because my sweet baby wanted to pose with me. This is actually from 2 weeks ago because I haven't gotten around to taking my 24 week picture yet.

I had my 24 week appointment yesterday and I'm measuring 34 weeks! I knew I was getting big, but that's nearly the size of a full term preggo! No wonder the questions are rolling in :-o

photo1111.JPG

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - Awwww I love it! How are you feeling lately, besides big? Haha

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Missy0483|1332961694|3158361 said:

Honestly, not great! I'm always exhausted and crampy. I was so in love with being pregnant the first time, but this time is so different. Working a full week just isn't happening any more because I'm on the verge of passing out by the end of the week. I'm working from home today because I thought a break in the middle of the week might help, but I'm just as tired today! I put off lunch by over an hour because I didn't want to walk down the stairs to make it! I have a feeling bed rest is in the near future for me. I don't know whether to be scared or relieved at the idea!! :twirl:

On a positive note, these babies have gotten crazy strong! I saw A kicking on the outside last night. It was so cool! I never got to see O move from the outside, but these two must be so squished in there. They'll start kicking at the same time too, so I get it on both ends (one is up, one is down). :love: :love:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite|1332963200|3158400 said:
Missy0483|1332961694|3158361 said:

Honestly, not great! I'm always exhausted and crampy. I was so in love with being pregnant the first time, but this time is so different. Working a full week just isn't happening any more because I'm on the verge of passing out by the end of the week. I'm working from home today because I thought a break in the middle of the week might help, but I'm just as tired today! I put off lunch by over an hour because I didn't want to walk down the stairs to make it! I have a feeling bed rest is in the near future for me. I don't know whether to be scared or relieved at the idea!! :twirl:

On a positive note, these babies have gotten crazy strong! I saw A kicking on the outside last night. It was so cool! I never got to see O move from the outside, but these two must be so squished in there. They'll start kicking at the same time too, so I get it on both ends (one is up, one is down). :love: :love:

Kunzite - :appl: I was thinking of asking for a pic, but didn't want to put you on the spot, so I'm happy to see a pic with the fabulous O! I do hope you get put on bed rest soon. Sounds like you need some rest! Do you think you just need to ask for it and your dr will make it happen, or does he or she need to recommend it on his/her own accord? And, hee-hee, funny about the double kicks!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
LV - You do know why he's holding that granola bar, right? He wanted to feed it to me! Maybe he's just concerned about his little brothers' weight gain!! I had a chat with my OB yesterday about the issue and he said that it's really just a matter of how I'm feeling or if we discover any problems at one of my u/s. It made me realize that I've never actually told him just how bad I've been feeling. So I think I'm going to give it another week or two until my next appointment and if I'm feeling any worse ask him to take me off work. I think he's really open to the idea of letting me decide. I think he's actually more used to moms arguing to work longer. That certainly won't be me.... :wink2:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite|1332969527|3158486 said:
LV - You do know why he's holding that granola bar, right? He wanted to feed it to me! Maybe he's just concerned about his little brothers' weight gain!! I had a chat with my OB yesterday about the issue and he said that it's really just a matter of how I'm feeling or if we discover any problems at one of my u/s. It made me realize that I've never actually told him just how bad I've been feeling. So I think I'm going to give it another week or two until my next appointment and if I'm feeling any worse ask him to take me off work. I think he's really open to the idea of letting me decide. I think he's actually more used to moms arguing to work longer. That certainly won't be me.... :wink2:

That's adorable that he's been feeding you lately! :bigsmile: Just don't push yourself too hard! It's too bad there's not a possibility for a reduced work schedule, at least for the next week or two. Is there? I don't like hearing that you're exhausted!! But, I worry too much too, you know. Glad you were able to work from home. I'm sure it's more comfy than going to work.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty much working a reduced schedule on my own. Next week I really need to be in the office M,T,W, but I'm going to work from home again on Thursday and I already have Friday as my scheduled day off. So basically a three day work week. That's part of why I didn't just go ahead and ask him yesterday. My boss has been really accommodating because she's terrified of when I leave! So she's basically agreeing to anything I need in order to keep working. She even suggested doing some half days but I don't think that would help much since I'd still have to get to work, etc.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mommas your bellies look great and so do you!!! :love:

KUNZITE, I was measuring far along too! You look Fabulous w/adorable Oliver!!!! :love: I hope you post more pics!!! :appl: I am glad your boss is accommodating.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results