shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
PPM, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm glad you were able to see her one last time. Glad your shower went well also!

Monnie, you look great and what a wonderful time your shower sounds like! That baby dress is so cute!

Buttons, I'm sorry your husbands job situation is causing such tough decisions for you guys, I hope you can figure out the best situation.

PP, awesome that you might be having a shower after all! I don't think it would be too few people, sometimes smaller parties like that are great because you get more one on one time with everyone.

AFM, I'm currently "lucky" enough to be sitting in the lab in the midst of the three hour glucose test :rolleyes: . My midwife uses a cutoff of 135 for the one hour test and I managed to get exactly that. It bothered me more than I expected to not pass the one hour, I felt like there was something I did wrong that made my score too high. But I know logically it's just my placenta/hormones messing with my pancreas a little, and hopefully the three hour will be fine.

My mom and sister came to visit this weekend and we made curtains for baby girl's room and also got started painting the dresser we are repurposing in there. It was nice to have them here and get some big nursery projects out of the way!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Ppm- I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I think it's so special that your daughter will have those pieces from her. My daughter will never know my grandmother, as she passed away when I was young, but I plan to give her my baby blanket that I've carried around for the better part of my life.

Monarch- I love that dress on you! To be honest, I couldn't picture it when I saw it one the website, but it looks great on you! Love your bump- you look all belly.

Buttons- I hope your DH gets his dream job. It sounds like that would be best for the future of your family, so I think it's great. We will also be moving just after the baby's birth somewhere with no family, so I understand the stress and anxiety over it. I know it's better for us, but planning it all pregnant is not ideal.

Steph- 3 hour glucose test doesn't sound fun. I have my 1-2(?) hour one this week sometime. I just don't think my numbers will be great with the amount of sugar baby makes me eat. :cheeky: Were your curtains easy to make? I plan to have my MIL make curtains and all of the bedding for the baby. It sounds difficult.

~~ 27w6d

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
PPM, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

PP, a shower with a small group of people sounds quite nice. Lots of time to mingle. Showers sound good in general to me. Unfortunately, they don't exist in my culture so I don't get one :(

Monarch, once again let me say how well you're looking. It's all belly. I hope I look as good as you when I get to 32 weeks.

Buttons, it sounds like you've got a bit of conundrum going on job-wise. I hope everything works out.

Steph, how did the glucose test turn out?

AFM, I just discovered that I've been having Braxton Hicks since about 20 weeks. I didn't realise that BH is just a "tightening" of the uterus. When I heard of BH contractions I expected to feel pain, and since I didn't I thought the tightening I was feeling was the baby curling up into a ball or something. I guess I was wrong. Other than this, things have been quite slow here. Even my nesting urge has died down to a certain extent. I need to hurry up and complete my CD stash because I only have about 1.5 months in the UK before I go back home to have the baby. And I talked to my friend who's loaning us all the baby gear and she said she'll try to get things for us soon. So hopefully I can prepare the nursery before we go.

25w5d

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Up until yesterday I was in that awkwardly pregnant phase- you could sort of tell I wasn't just getting fat, but not enough to where you could see I was for sure pregnant. Over the weekend I had been having some pretty uncomfy pains as well.

Then I got out of bed this morning and looked in the mirror. Holy cow. I look super pregnant. Apparently the little guy had a growth spurt, which explains the pains. I suddenly an obviously pregnant. I always assumed pregnancy bellies would be more of a gradual process. Nope!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I'm a big girl now LOL!

I didn't have time to read through and follow up with everyone ( I will soon and be a good PS'er) but I wanted to share a great shopping gem I discovered this weekend:

My Victorias Secret told me that I can buy new bras now, wear them, and save the receipt, and if they stop fitting well in a few months, I can exchange them! All the sales girls were super nice when I told them I was preggo too. I cam home with an armful of new bras (I'm a D cup for the first time in my life!) but I do plan to return a few right away that I'm not so sure about.

I would ask at your store to confirm but I think that's some kind of good customer service!

I have my 2nd midwife appointment tomorrow so I'll be back soon with a report and a full reply

13w 4d

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi MRK!

I debated posting this because I don't want to offend you or anyone else who shops VS, but I feel compelled to put this out there anyway. I have not purchased anything from a VS store since this expose came out a couple years ago:

http://www.indenvertimes.com/victorias-secret-has-a-big-secret-major-retailers-caught-selling-used-lingerie/

The fact that the salesgirls told you it was ok to return used bras is just crazy to me and not good customer service at all. They also track your returns and will stop you from returning anything else after a certain number of times. If it sounds too good to be true... ;))

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
mayerling, good luck with the lucozade. It's probably better than the stuff they give us over here. That stuff isn't carbonated, so it tasted like flat orange soda to me. My OB said most people don't even feel Braxton Hicks until the very end when they get more intense. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to tell the difference between BH and the real contractions.

bobbin, how are you feeling? My OB wrote a doctor's note for work so that I can work from home for the next two weeks, which is helping with my pelvic and sciatic pain. It also seems to keep my ankles/feet from swelling too, so that's a plus.

amc, yay for a great anatomy scan, and that your son is still a boy! I wouldn't want my doctor to change my due date either, especially knowing exactly when you conceived. I've heard that it's not as accurate to compare measurements after the first trimester due to babies growing at different rates from their parents' genes. Since both you and your DH are tall, it's not a surprise that your baby is big too. Hopefully your doc will listen to you and keep your due date unchanged.

Buttons, glad your benefit was fun, and that you got some new makeup too. Hope your migraines stay far away from now on! Sorry you're stressed out about your DH's new job opportunity, but it sounds like a great thing for him. It may not be the best timing, but hopefully you'll be able to work through it together.

meg, I feel you on the leg cramps. I always try to pull my leg closer to my body instead of doing what I'm supposed to do and stretch it out. Luckily, I can just yell out "cramp!" in the middle of the night, and my DH will sit up and massage my leg while still asleep. Hope you don't get too many more leg cramps!

Petite, sorry about the trip to urgent care, but I'm glad your little one is still doing well. I've started noticing that I can't feel some movements that I can see during my recent ultrasounds. Not sure why that is. Yay for a possible baby shower. My last one (out of 4 total) was only my close girlfriends, but it was more fun for me because I could catch up with everyone, and it was much more relaxing and less hectic than my other showers.

Missy, love your crib set - so cute! Happy birthday! Hope you had a great pedicure and pizza/game night.

MP, can't wait to hear about your NT scan, and for you to officially jump in over here!

PPM, so sorry to hear about your grandmother, but it sounds like she had a wonderful life. I'm glad you got to spend some time with her one last time. It's great that she was so excited about your little baby girl too!

monnie, glad you had such a great shower, and that dress looks great on you! Awesome abacus from your DH too - looks like he's quite the talented man. Isn't it great how so many people are so giving when it comes to babies?

steph, yay for your mom and sister helping you make the curtains! Sorry about the 3-hour test, but it sounds like you'll pass it since your 1-hour test was so borderline. When will they tell you the results?

missrachelk, welcome! :wavey:

AFM, my cervix was "soft and short, but still closed" at my appointment on Thursday. My OB said that doesn't necessarily mean anything though. I kind of want to be a little dilated on my own before we go to the hospital next Friday. For some reason, that would make me feel more like Baby is more ready to come out on his own, versus being induced before he was ready - just my weird logic.

(37w+4d)

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
S&I - you're so close! I may have missed it, but are you scheduled for an induction or a c-section next Friday or is it just an appt? Are you feeling prepared??

Rachel - welcome to the big preggo thread! How did your appt go?

amc, I am so with you re finally looking preggo. Over the weekend I had two strangers comment, which is cute! Sadly, but true, my own father didnt realize I was preg. We don't really speak, but my parents are recently divorced and moving out of their joint home next week. I was over to help my mom over the weekend and he didn't even notice. Then later he asked my mom if he could have a dresser and she said no that I needed it. And he said what for, and she said for a baby and he was stunned.

mayerling, I've had BH from very early on, like 12 weeks and they scared me at first, but now I'm kinda used to them and they seem less frequent. Such a funny feeling to be able to feel your entire uterus when it gets hard, isn't it? You're so far ahead of me on the CD collection...I just finished that whole thread at 2:30am last night when I couldn't sleep!

Steph, how did the 3 hour test go? Can you share a pic of the dresser/curtains? Or will you wait til the nursery is done? We too are repurposing a dresser for baby's room and I can't wait to get the project underway!

Buttons, that's so interesting re the milk! A midwife teaches my prenatal yoga class and she said that leg cramps during preggo are just a result of preggo and other things typically don't resolve it, but certainly can't hurt! I've heard too though that restless legs are a good sign b/c it keeps you moving/walking which is great for circulation and great during the third tri to keep you active as labor/delivery approaches. That's quite the dilemma you and DH have about the job situation. We haven't been in that position exactly, but we are careful to make big moves like that as happiness in our personal life always comes before happiness in our professional life. Of course both are closely interwoven. Have you moved toward a decision on that?

Monarch, sounds like your shower was amazing and super intimate -- just like I hope to have! Your pic is great, your bump looks awesome and definitely bigger! and the abacus, what a wonderful gift! Are there any must-have necessities you'll still need to pick up?

PPM, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can imagine it was a very bittersweet day for you with your shower and her passing all at once. That was so sweet of her to begin making a blanket. That will be so precious for your little one and future little ones to have! Have you thought of using your grandmother's names in the baby's name at all??

PP, that would be so sweet of someone to throw you a baby shower! I think 10-12 ppl would be perfect - I love intimate little gatherings like that where you get to chat with and enjoy everyone's company.

Missy, where ya been lately? Nursery looks awesome! Adorable - love the monkeys.

Sorry for anyone I missed...I tried to get y'all in there!

AFM, the leg cramps have abated, thank goodness! Thanks for all the tips on that. Otherwise, we are complete mayhem and chaos over here. We close on the house tomorrow, have the lead paint test tomorrow night, if it is negative we start demo on Thursday. By "we" I mean me, DH and my in-laws who flip houses. So, it's going to be interesting. I'm very nervous about forking over our remaining life savings and about the lead paint test. I'm also nervous about the thousands we just spent on appliances :-o :errrr: and just hope we made the right decision. SIL lives with us and moves on the 15th, as well as does my mom out of her house, and with finalizing renovation plans (windows, kitchen, wood floors, paint colors, etc.) we are just overwhelmed. That said, we are SO excited to be homeowners and SO excited to have found such a great house at the right price so we could do the renovations.

Baby has been wiggling up a storm recently, which is so so great to feel. I love feeling that little stinker kick around! And now I'll feel more than one body part at once, which is so cool. I had my thyroid checked last week and the results were stable, so I was relieved about that. DH got a call from the bone marrow registry (Be the Match) and he is a preliminary match for a 2yo girl with leukemia. He went for a panel of blood work to confirm matching, so we will know more in a few weeks, but he said he would gladly be a bone marrow donor which makes me so proud of him and so happy to call him my husband.

A day in advance, instead of late...Hump Day Bump Day (I think I've got some extra junk in the trunk day!)

21 weeks.JPG

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I'll get to everyone a little later! Nothing new going on with me! I had a great birthday weekend!! :razz:

Here's a bump pic for today! 30 weeks 3 days. Wow. Hitting 30 weeks has kinda freaked me out!! I feel huge, but this shirt doesn't really show it!

IMAG05331.jpg

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Mayering- I thought BH were stronger/painful too! I wonder if I’ve had them at all? Can you feel it?

Amc- Glad you are starting to show. It makes pregnancy more fun!

Missrachelk- Welcome!

S&I- I hope for your sake baby tries to make an early appearance. I agree, it would be nice to start labor before. Are you all ready?

Megumic- Good luck with the house! I hope it doesn’t cause you too much stress during your pregnancy. That is so sweet of your DH! That’s a wonderful reason to be proud of him. I hope he is a match. Poor 2 year old girl!

Missy- Congrats on 30 weeks! 30 weeks seems so big/scary because it means the end is near. You look great.

AFM- I had my glucose test today. It was a small bottle of a clear lemon drink. I tried figuring out what it tasted like, but couldn’t match it to anything. It was uncarbonated, thick tasting, and (obviously) super sugary. When I had to get my blood drawn at the end I felt really light headed. I decided we’d go out for lunch after and I was miserable. I was light headed, nauseous, and nothing sounded good to eat. That was 5-6 hours ago and I still feel shaky. Did anyone experience this after the test? I drank the drink at 10:30 am and didn’t eat anything since dinner last night.

Now I just need to pick up my rhogam shot from the pharmacy and find a nurse to give it to me. Fun.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls. Sorry I've been a little MIA recently. No big news to report...other than the fact that I am GROWING. Big time.

Feeling kind of jumbo. I know we all go through it, no matter what our size is. It is a tough transition that is for sure.

In other news, I did some shopping this past weekend...

The new stuff is from my mom, and there is a bunch of used stuff I picked up at a mom-run clothing sale.

Baby clothes are so cute. I can't help it. I was able to buy stacks and stacks for 40 dollars. i.e. 6 newborn onesies, barely used for $2. Overalls for $2. One of those winter snuggly one piece suits for $4. Awesome. Used stuff for small babies is great. You should have seen how much stuff still had tags on them!!

Just wondering - how many of you girls are thinking of cloth diapering? I know there is a whole thread on it but I thought I could see how many of you are thinking about it.

Hope you are all well!

ETA: I had TWO dreams last night that my husband left me. Tell me that is normal. Please. Arg. Hate those dreams where you wake up feeling upset.

28 weeks 5 days.JPG

Iphone Pics 216.jpg

Iphone Pics 213.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Petite - I actully felt totally normal during and after drinking the glucose stuff. It didn't bother me at all. I guess it affects everyone differently, because I know some people actually vomit from it! My doctor does a cut off at 130 I believe it was, and I got 115 which she said was perfect. Crossing my fingers that your numbers are good.

Muff - You look so pretty in your dress!!! I second the "growing" thing! We've gotten so many baby clothes, mostly hand-me-downs. I only got a couple new ones at our first shower. I guess most people think we're tired of getting green and yellow stuff and are holding off until the baby is born! I think I've only had a couple BH. I think most of the time what I feel is the baby moving around with limited space left and it just hurts sometimes! It was funny though...last night DH patted my belly and said "Time to go nigh night!" and I guess the baby was right there, when he took his hand away I got what I think was a hand or foot jab and I could feel my belly sticking out for a couple seconds. I told him "Good job you made the baby mad!!! Maybe he/she isn't ready to go to sleep yet!" :lol:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Rachel, welcome to the big girl thread! :wavey:

Petite, BH feel like a tightening of the uterus; so much so that my belly feels like a rock when they happen. Good thing is they aren't painful at all. Sorry to hear about how bad the glucose stuff was; makes me a bit worried about mine since it's coming up in two weeks.

Muff, you look gorgeous in that dress. And the baby clothes look so cute! As for the CD question, we are definitely CDing but starting from 3 months onwards; after the newborn stage and those explosive poos. :lol: As for the dream, pregnancy wreaks havoc with our minds so try not to worry too much about it.

Meg, good luck with the house!

S&I, it's getting so close! Are you nervous?

AFM, nothing new. I'm 26 weeks today and 7kg heavier (I think that's like 15.4 pounds!). I attach a pic for bump day. Oh, my belly button's still an innie - that little protrusion is the bow on my pyjama bottoms.

photo_22.jpg

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
MuffDog, you look great! Awesome finds on all the secondhand clothes. We are planning on cloth diapering, trying to figure it out can be overwhelming though!

PetitePoire - the glucose drink made me feel terrible the rest of the day when I did the one hour. The three hour was actually better because I had planned ahead and brought a protein bar that I was eating right after my last blood draw. Hope your results are good! I'll confess that my sister did 95% of the work making the curtains, but they seemed easy enough if you can sew a straight line, as they are just big rectangles lined with blackout fabric, attached to the curtain rod with ring clips.

Missy you look so cute!

Meg, I will definitely share some pictures of the finished nursery but it will be a while -right now it's still a mismash of half painted furniture and way too many rug options for one room. I think we are on our sixth option that has been purchased and brought home at this point? Hope all the big house stuff goes great! Your bump is adorable!

S&I, I hope baby makes some progress so you have a successful induction! So close now!

Welcome MRK! The constant bra buying is such a pain, isn't it? I relied on stores like TJ Maxx for cheap options.

amc, that popping out phase is so fun! I loved looking actually pregnant after so long of not!

mayerling, hope you are able to get everything together before you leave, it's crazy how fast time goes by at this point in the pregnancy!

AFM, I passed the three hour test! It was not fun at all - I was dehydrated so they had trouble finding my veins but I couldn't drink water during the test, so I was stuck with just getting stabbed a few extra times in places I didn't even know they drew blood from like the forearm. But had a voicemail yesterday that all my numbers were normal. The midwife still wants me to stay away from any foods with a super high glycemic index - juice, white flour carbs, and sweets, but I don't eat much of those as it is so I'm not worried. Busy at work getting together a bunch of stuff to train my replacement - I have to travel to train her the last week of April so want to get everything organized before that, it's strange to try and put together a summary of everything you do at your job especially one that is as complicated as mine (just in terms of there being a lot of quirks with who to deal with for different types of projects). But I'll do my best and there are lots of other people to help her if she needs it.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! :wavey:

steph hope your glucose test went well!

amc yay for a proper baby bump!!! :appl: :appl:

missrachel I went bra shopping yesterday and made the 'wonderful' discovery I am up to a G cup :shock: But yay for comfy new bras :bigsmile: Hope your midwife appointment went really well!

S&I thanks for the well wishes. The migraines are staying away for now thank goodness. We have lots of mulling over still to do about the prospect of moving. Sending you lots of progress vibes ahead of Friday!!!

megumic I'm pretty sure the milk is having a placebo effect for me but once it helps I'm happy with that :bigsmile: Glad to hear the leg cramps have abated. I hope everything goes really smoothly with the new house, that is super exciting! And very glad to hear you are enjoying the baby wiggles, I can't wait for that stage :love: You look fantastic in your bump pic - you are only a few weeks ahead of me so I am hoping I have as cute a bump in a few more weeks!!! No final decision on the job situation yet. It's complicated by the fact that this is a dream situation for DH both professionally and personally. For me it's an 'I can make lemonade out of these lemons' kind of situation on everything except being near my parents.

petitepoire I hope you feel better soon! That sounds miserable. I hope it passes real soon.

muffdog you look great, not in the least bit jumbo at all! You are all bump! You got a great deal on the baby clothes, they are adorable. We plan to cloth diaper - I've been reading up in the other thread but honestly my head is spinning from all the info in there. Also where I am we just don't have the same selection of products. I could get the Cotton Babies products I think, and maybe BumGenius? I am thinking I may just start with prefolds and flip covers and head from there. I've had the crazy dreams too! Perfectly normal!

missy that is so funny about the baby jabbing at your DH's foot! Funny and so cuuuuute at the same time!!! You look fantastic. Yay for 30 weeks!

mayerling you look fabulous Mama!!!

===

AFM it was crazy stormy overnight and a door on a shed outside was banging in the wind and kept me awake for ages. I finally fell asleep in the wee hours and then at 4am the lady in the apartment upstairs started running back and forth over the floor above our bedroom and making really loud banging noises. It seriously sounded like she was putting Ikea furniture together. I was so frustrated listening to it!!! And of course that was it then, I was wide awake :nono:

I had a check up this morning with my GP. It was super quick - she checked weight, blood pressure, urine, palpated my abdomen and whipped out the measuring tape. All is exactly as it should be which is great. She also gave me some great advice about how to deal with the pregnancy congestion I'm experiencing, and she recommended I book in to have a 20 week foetal anomaly scan done privately (my midwives' clinic doesn't do them routinely). She also remembered some personal stuff I had told her about the last time I was in with her (back in January!) and asked after DH's marathon training (she's his GP too). I don't know how she remembers all this stuff - I love my GP!

She also told me I was on the brink of exhaustion after ten weeks of morning sickness and then the viral infection, and that the sleepless night last night had taken it out of me more than I was realising. I've also been stressing about catching up on work after being sick for so long, and about the prospect of moving etc. Anyway she literally ordered me back to bed for the day, so I obeyed :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

~ 16 weeks 3 days

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys! Here's my weekly picture- 21w.

I think I'm coming down with a cold. DH and I both woke up yesterday feeling a little icky. On the plus side, at least we're sick at the same time- usually one of us gets it first and then passes it on, which drags the whole thing out. Of course the negative side of this is we can have the same cold and I'll feel icky and take it easy, but DH is DYING and constantly questioning the need to go to the ER. Why are guys such sissies when they're sick?

Also a bit of a bummer- I think the crib bedding we picked is being discontinued. It's been $159 on amazon, and as of yesterday it was $189. On BRU it went from $199 to $107, but says it's unavailable. And on one other site, it's no longer listed. I really didn't want to buy any more stuff before the shower, but I think we may have to bite the bullet on this one.

week21 shirt.JPG

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Update- just mentioned to my mom about the bedding situation, and she said she'd buy it for us right now. I found it for $150 on a site...

But! I just noticed our glider/ottoman had a price drop on amazon from $159 to $129. Ugh, I don't want to buy everything on our registry, but I'd also be annoyed if we didn't get it and the price went back up.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
amc80|1333558412|3163349 said:
Update- just mentioned to my mom about the bedding situation, and she said she'd buy it for us right now. I found it for $150 on a site...

But! I just noticed our glider/ottoman had a price drop on amazon from $159 to $129. Ugh, I don't want to buy everything on our registry, but I'd also be annoyed if we didn't get it and the price went back up.

AMC - I get that way too with registries and wanting the best deal. However, you can't control everything and trust that your friends/family probably aren't concerned over the $20 bucks. Chances are they won't even know that the price was cheaper 2 weeks ago or whatever. The bedding is one thing as it is being discontinued (so awesome that your mom said she'd grab it!) but I wouldn't stress out about the price diff in some of the other items. You have too many other things to worry about!!

Unless of course you were always planning on buying the ottoman yourself :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog|1333562220|3163391 said:
Unless of course you were always planning on buying the ottoman yourself :)

Well, that's just it...I sort of assumed nobody would get it for us and we'd end up buying it ourselves anyway...I'll talk to DH about it and see what he thinks.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in with a Baby Steals PSA: http://babysteals.stealnetwork.com/ These are the good 47X47 A+A swaddling blankets. These are sometimes sold in 44X44. Trust me, you will want those extra inches when wrapping up baby!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all you pretty pregnant mammas!

I'm dipping my toes in here (although I admit in advance I'm SO sorry I won't have more time on here to keep up with everything since this spring/summer/fall is going to be INSANE for me). I'm 13w4 and had an appt with my midwife (who is AMAZING) last week. The next one I go is at the end of the month which will include a full physical, my annual PAP (which I haven't done in a couple years since I don't have health care up here) and I also am getting blood work done for genetic testing. Thankfully in Ontario midwifery is fully paid for even if your a temp resident and our ultrasound only cost us 56.00 (those are covered by the Ontario health care plan so since I don't have health care we have to pay for things that would usually be covered under those plans). But coming from the USA and getting a series of tests done and blood drawn and having a 44.00 bill which half of was a documentation fee I can't complain about the prices! ::)

I've only been sick twice but I did get queasy if I didn't eat often (still do).

Does anyone else here take Peg-Vit the prenatal prescription? My mid-wife prescribed it for me since my husbands benefits cover it.

Also is anyone doing an at home water birth? My gf just did one a year ago and she'll never go back to the hospital (first was induced at the hospital with an epi) and the 2nd was at home water birth and natural. My mid-wife also delivered her baby and quite a few babies at our church in the last 4 years (like 5 of them lol). My other gf is going to school for a mid-wife and has nothing but great things to say about water births. I do have to register at a hospital near here just in case (which btw the midwife retains full care of me and doesn't have to sign me over to a Dr. even to administer different pain medications-which I'm not planning on using anyway but I just think that that's pretty cool) and I hear they are opening 2 birthing centers in Ontario too!

We got the nursery set (I know-super early right!?) but after searching high and low online for Noah's ark stuff I discovered a couple of things.
1. Everything with that theme is super expensive and most are not gender neutral.

2. A lot of it wasn't very cute.

So I hit up kijiji and low and behold the perfect set is on there. I'll post a picture later for it was brand new (she had 3 girls so she didn't end up using it since she didn't find out the sex of any of her kids) except the sheets. It is gender neutral-GREAT quality-the kind that is hard to find anymore and came with EVERYTHING. The diaper bag hanger-the bumpers-the sheets-the musical mobile-window valance-the comforter-the bed skirt AND an adorable lamp that has the matching lamp shade. I got all of this for 80.00 and I can't wait to post pictures sharing the set. I'm so excited! I didn't really want to register for to much nursery stuff since we are going to cloth diaper and the diapers I want are the bum genius 4.0 with snaps and they are 22-24.00 each and I figure all the cloth diaper supplies will need to be registered for. I thought about going preloved but since this is our first and I plan on cloth diapering all the kids and BG has a warranty on them I figure it's best to just buy new the first round.

We also plan on doing EC (anyone else doing that) since I've read a bit about it and know quite a few parents who've done it with success (including my midwife with all 3 of her boys). I still need to get a book and read more about it but it doesn't seem to hard-just a bit more work at first but I'm okay with that :)

I gained 6lbs from my 7w3 apt to my 12w2 but I haven't been eating the greatest since we've been moving/cleaning and we don't have a stove. I'm cutting down on the amount of chocolate cream pie I'm allowed to eat (I ate 2/3 of the first pie I made :knockout: :lickout: ) and usually I'm a very very healthy eater (organic-no junk food/etc) but these past few weeks I've been very very very bad. Chips-oreos (and almond milk) and chocolate cream pie. Dill pickles. Fast food. Just garbage. This isn't the norm for me since I eat a lot of yogurt/apples/home made soup/sandwiches/salads but I figured once I get a stove in my house and things calm down a bit my eating habits will return to normal.

I love reading all of your ladies stories and can't wait to share photos/updates with everyone. I love all the bump pics too! I've got a 6w one and a now 14w one and you can't really tell except that I've gained a bit of weight :bigsmile: We finally tell everyone at church on Sunday that we are expecting-most of our family/friends know but we meant to tell them around 12w but we haven't been able to get to church since we've been so busy. They are going to be SO happy since all the young couples are either with babies/toddlers/or trying but they will be shocked to know I'll be 14w by then LOL!

I decided to edit my pics a bit just because my shots were a bit to revealing for myself and probably many online. I wasn't showing anything but I also covered up some of my skin via paint brushing purple on my skin to make it appear like I have a purple veil or something on LOL! Hope you guys don't mind :lol:

I think the only visual difference is the 6lbs of chips/pie/oreos that I added onto my frame :oops:

IMG_1293 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1349 - Copy.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
meg, your bump looks great! That's great that you haven't had more bad leg cramps and that you've been feeling baby move around so much. Isn't that the best feeling ever? Awesome about your DH possibly being a match for that little girl. Good luck with all the house renovations - I'm sure it'll turn out wonderfully! I'm scheduled for the start of an induction next Friday evening, but the actual birth won't happen until the following day, if it all goes to plan of course. We still have a few loose ends to tie up before the baby comes, like packing that darn hospital bag!

Missy, congrats on hitting 30 weeks! Great bump pic!

Petite, hope you're feeling better from the glucose drink by now. I remember feeling bad and getting hot while I was waiting for my blood to be drawn. When do you get the results? We're almost ready for baby's arrival. I've been working from home this week, so I've been able to take some breaks and get some stuff done around the house, so that's helping too.

MuffDog, great bump pic, and I love that dress! Awesome score on all those baby clothes too. Don't worry about your dream either. The hormones make our dreams extra vivid and wild. I've heard that stressful or scary dreams are a good pregnancy sign.

mayerling, cure bump pic! I'm not as nervous about the actual delivery part, more like the aftermath of being responsible for a tiny little baby!

steph, yay for passing the 3-hour test, but sorry you had to suffer through it. Yikes about getting stabbed in so many different places!

Buttons, sorry about your restless stormy night, and your crazy neighbor lady! Who gets up at 4am to make so much noise? Glad you had a checkup and yay for catching up on your much-needed rest!

amc, cute bump pic. Sorry about the cold. It sucks to be sick while pregnant because you can't really take anything for it, and just have to suffer through it. I feel like my immune system is a little low this week too, and am hoping I can fight whatever it is off before baby's arrival next week. That's great that your mom is buying the crib bedding for you. If you really want that glider/ottoman, you might want to go ahead and order it now. Your friends and family will find plenty of other stuff to give you. There's always going to be stuff you'll need, even after baby is born.

vintagelover, welcome and congrats! :wavey: I've only been taking an OTC prenatal since my OB didn't have a problem with that. Have fun telling your church about the big news!

AFM, my cervix was still closed at my appointment yesterday. The sonographer was crazy shocked at how much hair the baby has on his head. She printed out the picture, and showed it to the whole doctor's office, and everyone confirmed that they've never seen that much hair before. I guess it's not that big of a surprise since both DH and I have really thick hair. My mom said I had a full head of curly hair when I was born too. I'll have a last growth ultrasound on Tuesday to make sure the baby is still above the 15th percentile. If he is, we'll go with the original plan for checking into the hospital on Friday. If he's at or below the 15th percentile for weight, then they'll admit me that day. He was at the 21.8th percentile about 3 weeks ago, so I think he'll be fine.

(38 weeks today)

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Vintagelover! :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You ladies look fabulous!!! :love: congrats!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies - Quick question for today - protein powders - do many people use them to keep protein intake high?

I have a brand (dymatize) that I love the taste of and used fairly regularly before PG and am wondering if they're recommended for pregnancy or not. I know I've seen some discussion online about excess vitamin A (and I'm waiting for a call back from my midwife's office) but Iw as jsut wonderinf if anyone here uses them. I would be using it as a snack to help keep me satiated longer between meals, not instead of a meal.

Thanks!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies. I apologize for not responding individually. I received some devastating news last week about my aunt. She raised me, so I consider her more as a mom. She has cancer, lung cancer. I'm having a really difficult time pulling myself together. When she told me she immediately followed with saying that I needed to stay calm for myself and the baby, that that was the most important thing. It makes me cry just thinking about how selfless she is, even when going through something so devastating. I'm a mess and I just want to go home and be with her. We are scheduled to move closer just after the birth, but our insurance won't cover anything before that if I decide to go early. I don't know what to do. My gap is closing for travel and I just want to be there. However, if I am away there is a high chance DH will miss the birth because he can't leave that early. I'm sorry for rambling I just don't know what to do. I just pray my little girl will get the chance to know my amazing aunt.

In other baby related news. I received my 1 hour glucose test results back. I failed. It is 147 and the cut off says 130 on the lab results. My doctor's office doesn't reopen until April 16th, so I can't ask questions until then. Is there anything I should do regarding diet? I shouldn't have a hard time limiting things. I now have to remind myself to eat, for the baby, or else I'd rather just stay in bed and cry.

I hope you all are doing well. I'll try to stay up to date on the thread, even if I don't post.

~ 28w4d

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
OH, PetitePoire, I'm so sorry about your aunt. I hope you can figure out out how to spend some time with her.

After I failed the one hour glucose test, my midwife told me to avoid sweets, fruit juices, and white flour carbs - basically foods with a high glycemic index. I did end up passing the three hour, but she said I should still limit my consumption of these things overall. Hopefully your three hour will go well.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PetitePoire, I am so very sorry to hear about your aunt's diagnosis. My heart goes out to you. I, too, hope you are able to find a way to spend some time with her. Hugs!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both Steph and Monarch. It truly means a lot.

Also, thank you for sharing your glucose experience. I'm hoping I pass the 3 hour, however, the Easter candy has been sneaking its way into my hands somehow. :oops:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Petite! Stop eating the candy!!!!!! You can have the candy AFTER you pass your 3 hour test!!!

Just a quick fly-by post for today: I'm 33-ish weeks and still feeling really good up until about the 7th hour of my shift after being on my feet for most of it...I really am going to have to stop trying to do so much, I think. I just started to have some back pain in my mid-right side this past week and it sucks! Some pelvic pain, too, but I expected that. TG for Tylenol! My boss has organized an overnight camping trip this Thursday night and is trying to talk me into coming...I am like, sorry buddy, 33 weeks preggo does NOT have me feeling up to spending the night sleeping in a hammock after closing the store and having to get up and open it in the morning esp. when the property is 45 min. away. He kind of doesn't get it. (I am the apparel/footwear buyer for an indie outdoor retailer, btw, hence the weird excursion--next month we're doing a water demo with kayaks and canoes and I WILL be doing that!) Customers now ask me all the time when I am due and I have started saying "tomorrow!" which gets a lot of hilarious reactions.

I started a bunch of seeds about 10 days ago and they're all coming up nicely except for the peppers and pepperoncini's...grr. My husband started making my raised bed yesterday and I think everything's going to turn out nicely for some great gardening this spring/summer. The bed is right outside the back door off the kitchen so it will be convenient and I'm hoping to be able to bring baby outside in the pack-n-play contraption while I weed/water/etc.

Here's a bump pic from yesterday since I forgot to post one Friday.

33weekbump004.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results