shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
missrachelk|1333752329|3165333 said:
Hi ladies - Quick question for today - protein powders - do many people use them to keep protein intake high?

I have a brand (dymatize) that I love the taste of and used fairly regularly before PG and am wondering if they're recommended for pregnancy or not. I know I've seen some discussion online about excess vitamin A (and I'm waiting for a call back from my midwife's office) but Iw as jsut wonderinf if anyone here uses them. I would be using it as a snack to help keep me satiated longer between meals, not instead of a meal.

Thanks!

Is it whey or soy protein? I get whey protein added to my smoothies whenever I get them (a few times a week). I don't see why it would be an issue. You're right, certain vitamins in high doses aren't good, but I can't imagine protein powder would be an issue.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
PetitePoire|1333996618|3166735 said:
Thank you both Steph and Monarch. It truly means a lot.

Also, thank you for sharing your glucose experience. I'm hoping I pass the 3 hour, however, the Easter candy has been sneaking its way into my hands somehow. :oops:

Don't feel bad about eating the Easter candy - GD, if you do have it, isn't caused by anything you've eaten. It's just the excess hormones in your body intefering with your pancreas functioning. So if the candy makes you feel a little better now, I say enjoy it. I ate a big piece of chocolate cake the night before my three hour test because I wanted to enjoy one last sweet if they ended up telling me I had to cut them out the rest of the pregnancy. Very mature response on my part. :lol:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. DH and I (as well as his parents, brother, sister, and some friends) went to the Baltimore Orioles opening day game on Friday. It was a lot of fun, but my feet hated me the next day. Actually, my right heel still hurts a little. I've had heel spurs for a while and with the extra weight gain, shoes are not my friend! My bump has expanded a good bit recently. I even noticed some stretch marks along my belly button :(sad but I will get over it! While on our way to the stadium, we passed a deli place called "Potbelly's" and FIL says "Look Missy that place is named after you!" HAHA very funny! And Saturday I was wearing purple and he called me the purple people eater :roll: MIL stuffed her purse in her sweatshirt pocket in the front and says "Hey I look like Missy now!" Ok ok enough!!! In laws, I tell ya! Oh my. Anyway, here's a pic from the game!! I didn't want to go out and buy a new baseball shirt, so I stretched this one as much as possible :lol:

Orioles game.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
amc80|1333998552|3166749 said:
missrachelk|1333752329|3165333 said:
Hi ladies - Quick question for today - protein powders - do many people use them to keep protein intake high?

I have a brand (dymatize) that I love the taste of and used fairly regularly before PG and am wondering if they're recommended for pregnancy or not. I know I've seen some discussion online about excess vitamin A (and I'm waiting for a call back from my midwife's office) but Iw as jsut wonderinf if anyone here uses them. I would be using it as a snack to help keep me satiated longer between meals, not instead of a meal.

Thanks!

Is it whey or soy protein? I get whey protein added to my smoothies whenever I get them (a few times a week). I don't see why it would be an issue. You're right, certain vitamins in high doses aren't good, but I can't imagine protein powder would be an issue.

thanks for the input AMC. It's whey, so I think it's fine, I totally forgot to ask the midwife's office when I called to reschedule my appointment today but I guess I'll cal back just to confirm. It may have been somewhat of a craving too, because I haven't thought about a shake in a few days.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Petite - So sorry to hear your news about your aunt, and I hope you two get some good time together soon.

AMC - you've really got a nice bump going there now! So crazy how it happens!

Missy - you too Mama! I am always thinking of that one sex and the city episode when someone is hassling Miranda bout being overweight (a man with a beer belly) and they ask him when HE's due! Give it right back to those that are poking fun I say.

welcome Victage Lover! I think we'll have a lot to talk about with cloth diapering, midwife care etc. Since I'm now basicaly sure I'll be staying home I may see how EC would work for us, at least part time. It's a very interesting ofshoot of attentive attachment parenting from what I gather.

S&I - Soon lady!

Monarch - great dress! Remember a few weeks ago when you were like "Where's my bump already?!" I'm getting the opposite at work and from family. Everyone is saying'she's pregnant! every five minutes and not wanting me to move a folding chair or get up to retreive my own copies or something else so mundane. I jsut tell them thanks and that I'm perfectly capable and will let them know when I need help!

Sorry if I've missed anyone, trying to catch up.

AFM - had a good week and even though it may not be totally obvious to the average onlooker on the street, I definitely feel like I look pregnant. I'm curious to download the last few weeks' pictures from my camera and see the progression. I'm so glad I asked DH for a tripod and shutter remote because it's super easy now to take my own pictures. I intended to use the same outfit for continuitity and comparison but haven't done that once yet! I did get a really pretty maxi dress that I think will work all the way through so I may switch to that starting this week. I promse to post some soon! I feel like the weeks are flying by but also dragging somewhat ( like I'll be halfway in 6 weeks but am still waiting to cross the 15 week mark)

DH and I have the house for sure now! I am so happy and really just want to know that absolutely everything is in place and then I'll feel totally relaxed. Even though I know they will be fine I was told our credit will be pulled again between now and closing (4/24) and that's making me somewhat nervous even though I know we both have great credit and nothing has changed sonce tehy pulled it a month ago (like they'll yank our approal or something, even though I don't think that's really possible at this stage) I'm really excited but also apprehensive just for all of the expenses and things we'll want to get for the house since we've pretty much decided that I'll be staying home with 'the bean.' Since our big move in 2010 (well really since 2009 when my old, great job ended) I've been in a bit of a job rut and haven't done much very interesting, useful of my skills or lucrative. To put our baby in daycare to slug it out at my current job and make less (after childcare) than I do now is just not appealing in the slightest and really doesn't make sense for our family. My DH works nights and I already don't see him that much, to add a new baby to that mix I feel sure that I would end up unhappy. SO I guess I'm suffering from a bit of - leaving work soon to be a SAHM anxiety. It's really what I want, and it can work, so hopefully I will feel more settled with the decision soon.

Along with that I have a question (for any legal eagles reading or anyone with experience) What are my rights as far as insurance if I won't be going back to work? I'm insured by my job, and I think that even in the worst case scenario, I can go onto cobra to keep my coverage through the delivery. After that I'm not sure what I will do, the baby will most likely be added onto DH's plan.

I'm just anticipating the possibility that when I negotiate for extra long (in my employer's terms which is anything longer than 6 weeks) unpaid leave or outright tell them my intention not to come back that they will try to yank my coverage, or terminate it at my last day. I COULD switch onto DH's plan but that would be very expensive and I'm not sure if I would even have the coverage I'd need joining the plan that late in the game. If I was on unpaid leave intending (or at least having them think I intend) to go back, I would likely have to pay for 100% of my insurance rather than just what I pay weekly now, right? I'm hoping I might be able to finagle them into paying for what they pay now for my insurance during leave especially given my crappy situation with disability being dropped. I don't want to be dishonest but I still am feeling very raw and screwed over about the diability so I want to get what I can even if it means bending the truth. I also have a feeling that I'm going to be totally ready to stop working at least a few weeks before my due date. It's going to be summer and I anticipate being very hot and miserable. I'm already uncomfortable sitting at the desk all day so that's just going to get worse : (

I am currently planning to put off all of those discussions as long as I can and keep my current status quo going.

Well thanks for reading my novel! I guess I tend to really unload when I post, but it feels good to have 'friends' who are in similar situations and have empathy.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Missrachel- I'm not 100% sure, but I thought part of fmla is that you get to keep your current benefits. Which means even unpaid leave would entitle you to the same coverage you have now. If you outright quit then you'd be eligible for cobra, but that's about it. Probably best to intend on returning to work after the baby, and then make your final decision at that point. A friend/coworker of mine is pregnant. She went off of our fabulous health insurance to be on her husband's plan, which is cheaper on a weekly basis but way more expensive overall considering our work insurance has no deductible or coinsurance. She's also planning on quitting before the baby is born. I suggested she wait until after the baby comes since we get 6 weeks with 2/3 pay, but she doesn't see the point. So by not waiting to switch insurance and quit, she'll be paying 20% of the birth/ OB fees and lost out on 6 weeks' pay.

Moral of the story- id wait to say anything. But that's just me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MRK, just look up the laws for your state for FMLA, everything should be in there. Also check your insurance paperwork from when you signed up with your company's plan, your answers should also be there.

S&I--you're so close! This Saturday you will have your baby!

Who is next? Bobbin? I can't remember...

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Monarch: Thanks for crossing your fingers! I made it through and my job is now protected! Yay. You look awesome, with such a cute petite bump! Your shower does sound amazing! Live music! Wow.

Stephbolt: How generous of your mum to buy the crib! Glad you had such a fun time on your girl’s trip to NYC. Glad to hear you passed the 3hr test.

Mayerling: Yeah, I have a nighty for L&D, but I just couldn’t see the point in having to have nighties for after the birth. I figure if I do decide I need one I will send DH to the shops to buy one for me. Hope your GD test goes well in a few weeks time.
I started getting BH at 18 weeks, and yep, at first it was just a tightening of the uterus, so my tummy felt really hard. It became more uncomfortable after 30 weeks and now, they are often painful! But from what I hear for most people who experience them early on, it is just a bit of discomfort if anything.

Kunzite: Sorry to hear you are feeling so exhausted and crampy. I can relate, but I am 38 weeks along! I hope your reduced working schedule will help in allowing you to rest a bit more.

Buttons: I hope you haven’t had any more migraines. They sound awful. Sorry to hear that the job situation for DH is causing you stress but at least it is in a positive way. I hope you are able to come to a decision that is positive for you both. DH and I live interstate from my parents, and I wish more than anything we could both work in our hometown so I could be close to my parents when bubs is young. Having family support would mean the world to me. But, it comes down to how good the opportunity is for your DH vs family support etc I guess.

PP: Hugs to you. So sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope you are able to find a way to spend some time with her. And good luck with the 3hr test.

As far as your question about baby showers go, I had about 12 people at mine and it was really nice being able to talk to everyone without feeling too rushed. I felt the same about people feeling obligated to buy me gifts, but I think everyone just really likes buying cute little baby things. I know I wouldn’t mind buying a gift in their situation.
PPM: I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. How precious that you have gifts from her for your daughter to remember her by.

Megumic: Wow, you are super busy. Make sure you don’t overdo it. Glad to hear your thyroid is stable, and good on your DH for putting himself forward as a bone marrow donor.

RachelK: Yep, whey protein is fine. The problem with a lot of protein powders is what else they put in them. A lot of them contain a lot of Vitamin A as you said which I think from memory can induce miscarriage. I was using a protein powder pre-preg which had a warning about not using during pregnancy, so I did a bit of research and found a protein powder which is only the whey protein plus flavouring. So have a read of the ingredients in the protein powder and research them to make sure they are okay!

AFM: Obviously I am still here, no baby yet! 38 weeks today!

Contractions are continuing, really frequently, as in 3+ each hour at least, but no regular pattern, only some are painful, others are just uncomfortable. So not going into labour just yet. Occasionally I will get an hour or two where all the contractions are painful and I think “Is this it?” and then it settles down.

My pelvic pain is getting really bad. I have it all the time. If I have been sitting down for more than half an hour it is even worse when I get up. It eases off a little bit if I have been moving around for a while. I have noticed elderly people overtaking me on the street and at the shops though!

I made it to my 12 months with the company, so my job is now protected whilst I am on leave.

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I am taking around six months off. I am actually feeling a bit sad about leaving. I really like my work and the girls I work with and I think I will miss it, despite wanting to be at home with bubs.

Wow, I sound like such a complainer. Whilst I am over being uncomfortable/in pain and wanting to meet my baby already, I am actually really happy at the moment. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, gorgeous puppies (my furry kids), amazing job, supportive coworkers, friends and extended family and to be about to realise one of my biggest desires – to become a mother.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!

petitepoire I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I hope you get to find some way to be with her and give her the support you would like to, even if that's not in person. It is so hard to be away from loved ones when they need us. Sending you lots of prayers.

bobbin thanks for the good wishes re the job decision, you really hit the nail on the head in what's hard about the decision for us. It's a lucky dilemma to be in but still tough. Sounds like you are getting really close now! I hope this last while isn't too hard on you, rest up as much as you can, and your baby will be here in a jiffy!!! :bigsmile:

missrachel congrats on the house, that is so exciting! I've nothing to add re your maternity leave / insurance dilemmas, other than to hope it all works out the best possible way for you. Sending hugs!

missy you look fantastic in your game shirt! Sorry to hear about the sore heels, I hope that clears up soon for you.

monarch your herb and veggie garden sounds beautiful! You are so industrious! My DH would keel over in shock if I did anything so energetic... ;)) You look amazing, can't believe you only have 7 weeks to go!

S&I so exciting you are really into the home stretch now!!! Hope you are feeling well and keeping as comfortable as possible.

vintagelover congratulations and welcome! Hope you had a great time telling everyone at your church your happy news :bigsmile:

amc you look fantastic! Hope that cold stayed away, mind yourself Mama!

===

AFM I had a fabulous Easter weekend, just hung out with DH and did very little. We went to the opera on Sunday night, which was magical, did some tidying up around the house, and just spent lots of time together hanging out and having fun.

Baby wise I think I have 'popped' the last couple of days, I definitely have a bit of a pooch going on and it's rock hard. Over the weekend DH was feeling the pooch, trying to work out what was flab and what was uterus, and I felt definite fluttery feelings in a spot I've never felt anything before in my life. I'm wondering could DH have poked a bit too hard and frightened Wee Button - I guess I'll know for sure in a few more weeks when I feel movement for real! :bigsmile:

Still very tired all the time, wondering where this second trimester burst of energy is?!? I have a nasty cold sore, which I thought I had never suffered from before but turns out I did have them as a child. Seems the effect of the pregnancy and the viral infection on my immune system has let the cold sore virus reactivate :nono: But the nausea and headaches are gone, and I am so thankful for that!

Hope you are all well this week ladies, take care of yourselves! :wavey:

~ 17 weeks, 1 day

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Buttons - Oh my gosh COLD SORES. They are my worst enemy! I'm scared to talk about them as I might jinx myself haha. I got them as a child too. In my 3rd grade school picture, you can see where a sore had just healed on my lip ugh! When I get them, they are monsterous, like my whole lip swells. So annoying! I've noticed mine flare up either when I'm really stressed or in the direct sun too long. What have you been using medication wise since you're pregnant?

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Awww missy that sounds miserable! Mine are in the corner of my mouth, I think that's probably less painful than if they were in the middle. I hope I haven't jinxed you by mentioning them!!!

By medication do you mean medication for the cold sores or just in general? All I've done for the cold sores is use a tube of Lysine+ that my MIL swears works, but as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's really runny stuff too and hard to get it to stay on the actual sore, it just seems to weep all over my face! I am considering buying some Zovirax, will have to check out if it's safe in pregnancy.

I think I read somewhere you can also use toothpaste to keep it moist, and benzoyl peroxide cream or diluted tea tree oil to kill off any virus shedding? Bit nervous about trying any of those ideas though! If you have any tips please hellllp!!! ;))

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Buttons, ask your doc about valtrex. I think it is safe during preg and will help it go away quickly. Zovirax helps too, but not as effectively or as quickly as valtrex. I have also usd lysine pills. I didn't realize there was a cream too. I think that helps also, but not sure about it during preg. Hope it heals quick. Those are the worst!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buttons--I used to get cold sores as a child, and a few as a young adult. Whenever I felt one coming on, I'd take L-Lysine pills immediately, and that kept them away. I hope yours heal fast!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1334071361|3167452 said:
Buttons, ask your doc about valtrex. I think it is safe during preg and will help it go away quickly. Zovirax helps too, but not as effectively or as quickly as valtrex. I have also usd lysine pills. I didn't realize there was a cream too. I think that helps also, but not sure about it during preg. Hope it heals quick. Those are the worst!

Ugh, cold sores. I usually would get one every few months, and I'd take some prescription medication that would make them go away pretty fast, usually before really surfacing. Plus I'd use Abreva. Since I've been pregnant, I've been getting them way more often. Not only more often, but I've gotten them in my nose! It's so gross. The first time I didn't really know what it was, and by the time I figured out it was sort of too late to do anything. It happened again a few weeks ago and I caught it right away. I used Abreva and it was much better. My doc said that anyone who gets cold sores (um, or the other kind of herpes) gets put on one of the oral meds in the last few weeks of pregnancy, just to keep any potential outbreaks away.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
petite, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt! That must be so hard for you to deal with, but she's right. You need to stay calm for your baby. I hope you can figure out a solution for you to be able to spend more time with your aunt before your traveling gap closes. Sorry about failing your 1-hour glucose test. Like others have said, just try not to overdo the sweets/sugars and simple carbs. Some docs will tell you to eat a carb-heavy dinner the evening before your 3-hour test, but mine didn't. I'm sure you'll pass the 3-hour test though!

monnie, you look great, and what a cute dress! That's great about your garden too. You might want to think about taking a few breaks every couple of hours at work, so you're not so tired by the end of your shift.

Missy, sorry your ILs are having so much fun at your expense - I think you look great! Sorry about your heel spurs too. That sounds painful.

MRK, yay for the new house - you're going to have so much fun decorating it! I'm no help with your work insurance questions, but I hope you can figure out a way to keep it through delivery, until you officially quit your job. I wouldn't mind being a SAHM (at least for the first year or so), but it would be pretty hard to swing without my income. I don't even have the childcare expenses to complain about, since my parents will be coming over to take care of Alex once I go back to work. I'll be paying them for their time, but definitely not as much as if I had to send him to a nanny or daycare.

bobbin, I know exactly what you mean about the intense pain when getting up after sitting for any period of time. I feel like my crotch is going to fall off! I am definitely moving a lot slower than I was even last week. Yay for your last day of work tomorrow. Mine is this Thursday, and I'm so ready!

buttons, so sorry about your cold sores! Yay for your relaxing Easter weekend, and for officially popping. I'll bet the flutters you were feeling really were the baby reacting to your DH's poking around.

AFM, I have my last ultrasound this afternoon, and they're going to measure the baby's weight too. My OB said that if he's fallen to the 15th percentile, then she wants to get him out due to slowed growth from the placenta. If he's above that, then we'll stay with the original induction date of this Friday evening for delivery on Saturday. Hospital bag is almost completely packed! :rolleyes:

(38w+4d)

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Missrachelk: I think you are in the US, correct? The way that it usually works in the US is that if you are on leave, your company will continue to pay their portion of your benefits and you would continue to pay your portion. If you are on unpaid leave, that means you will have to write them a check to cover your portion. If you do not return from leave, the company can require you to repay them the portion of the benefits that they paid while on leave. They won't always require it, but it is at their option. If you are not planning to return to work I assume that you are planning to go on your husband's insurance. In the US you have 30 days after a life changing event (having a baby counts as does leaving your job) to change insurance outside of open enrollment. That means you will want to add yourself and the baby to your husband's insurance within 30 days of the birth or else you may not have coverage until open enrollment. You could have COBRA coverage for yourself, but I do not believe you could add the baby to COBRA coverage since it was not covered under your plan. Also, COBRA insurance will undoubtedly be more $ than your husband's insurance since you have to pay both the employee and employer contributions. Please note - They are very strict on the 30 days (it's federally mandated) and that 30 days goes by quick with a newborn.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls! Hope everyone is doing well :)

S&I - hope the ultrasound went well!

Buttons - I never had the 'burst' of energy either. However, I started to feel more normal that is for sure. I think back now to the first trimester and how I used to nap regularly, and eat a massive breakfast every day because I couldn't make it one more minute without food. 2nd trimester I felt more normal. Ate normally, slept normally. So not a 'burst' but definitely better than first :)

Bobbin - 38 weeks?! OMG. I'm glad that you are done work now. Now you can just focus on resting or nesting or whatever it is that is all about you and the baby. And not work :)

Missrachelk - congrats on the house!!

AFM - had my checkup today and things look good. Doctor commented that I've grown but he's happy. I think he thought I was a little behind at the last appointment and now he is happy with the rate of growth. Baby's heartbeat sounded good and my weight gain seems normal. Only 3 pounds in the last three weeks (I think I gained 8 the month before...oops...). Next appt is in 3 weeks and then I move to 2 week intervals. can't believe how fast this is going now! 29w4d today.

Bought some cute onesies for the babe on Etsy:

And here is a blurry bump pic (i know - a day early...)

Have a good day everyone!

Iphone Pics 223.jpg

Iphone Pics 224.jpg

29w4d.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I was actually on daily Valtrex back in 2009, but stopped taking them because I started to have a hard time getting the generic form and brand name was ridiculously priced! But then my doctor told me it was a good thing I stopped because taking it daily can cause liver damage?? So pretty glad I stopped that!! But she said they'd continue to prescribe it to me when a cold sore pops up. I always have to take it RIGHT away as soon as I feel the tingle or it gets massive and takes forever to heal :evil: I really, really dislike them! I also heard the lysine pills work pretty well. The Abreva is a joke for me, I guess it works better for smaller cold sores, but mine are like mountains. Gross I know. Also, Carmex in the little can with a yellow lid seems to work to keep it moist when it starts to dry out and crack.

And whoa, when did you get to 29 weeks Muffdog! Sheesh, the time seems to be flying!!

--31 weeks 2 days today, forgot to mention that earlier

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading everyone's updates. Sorry for not replying individually-I'm am NOT having a good pregnancy day today and am a bit over whelmed by even the smallest things (such as responding to everyone). Thank you guys so much for the welcome though!

Petite: I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I've known a few people who've had success with changing their diets to super foods and avoiding chemicals/processed foods/products. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts/prayers.

Everyone looks SO cute with their bumps!

When did everyone "pop" so to speak? I would love to know since I know it varies depending on each person :loopy:

Today as I said before isn't a good day. In fact (I had a typo on my 2nd photo) I'm 14w2d today and the nausea/morning sickness has only gotten worse. Has anyone else had this? I was nauseous during the first tri-but as long as I kept on top of my eating I was fine and only got sick once or twice. It was more difficult in the morning since my prenatal is taken on an empty stomach but this 2nd tri isn't starting off so well. I've been sick 3 times already (I know-not bad compared to most) but I NEED to be getting things done around the house. A ton of cleaning to do since we just moved in and I need to get ready for the renovation that are coming up and prep/prepare meals. I know that ginger helps so if it continues to be this bad I'll have to get it out and try it.

Last night I started a batch of crock pot chicken stock so I can make homemade soups for the next couple of weeks along with other things. It's super easy to make (especially if you've taken the time while cutting veggies to put the scraps in a baggie in the freezer/same goes for bones) and you just plop it in along with some vinegar/lemon juice and turn it on and let it go. Sounds great right? Until this morning since I leave it on low overnight. The smell-which I usually love-is making.me.sick. It is though the entire house. I can't even eat-let alone strain the stuff to put into mason jars for use. :sick: My yogurt didn't stay down-but I've managed to keep down a bagel. Currently I'm working on an apple. I'm tired-cold-and whenever I move from the couch I start to feel sick again. I sure hope this doesn't last long.

Did I mention I still have no stove or washer/dryer? Hopefully we'll have it in the next couple of weeks but what a PITA trying to cook without a stove/oven.

Last night I had the worst headache I've ever had in my life. Thankfully it was right before bed and it didn't affect my sleeping and was gone this morning but man oh man-I love my baby so much but I'm starting to become not very pleased with the way things are progressing. I can only hope that it's just a fluke and I'll be like the 70% who feel better during the 2nd tri.

I will say though we have the CUTEST pregnant women on PS. Seriously. Y'all are TO cute! I am not allowed to work so I currently have no excuse to wear anything but pj's and sweats since I'm in the house all day. But you guys are making me excited about showing and wearing cute things this summer :D

Oh-another quick question. Have any of you used amber for teething? I'm assuming not since most probably are having their first but I know friends who've had success with these (not just for teething but with skin conditions and other things) and I got a couple of these on sale for 10.00 and am going to use one myself and keep one for the baby.

http://www.hazelaid.com/C_Products.html

Here is the diaper bag I also bought on sale (if anyone wants to know theres a great site that also has half off cloth diapers such as apple cheeks and bummis from time to time along with other options such as this diaper bag it's called www.babyhalfoff.com).

Here is the site with the diaper bags on it and I'm attaching a photo of the one I got for 40.00 shipped. Here is a discription of the bag from diaperbags.com
This bag is constructed of a moisture-proof coating fused to the fabric that makes clean-up a breeze, and it has two external pockets for easy access. The roomy interior is the ideal size for a day trip. Complete with a matching zippered pouch, coordinating insulated bottle bag, and a large fold-out padded changing pad. Measuring 14L x 6W x 11H inches, it has an adjustable shoulder strap and magnetic closure on the top flap. Free of AZO toxic dyes, Kalencom products are made using no Phthalates, DEHP, DBP, or BOP.

http://www.kalencom.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=35

diaperbagpic.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1334083556|3167652 said:
When did everyone "pop" so to speak? I would love to know since I know it varies depending on each person :loopy:

Today as I said before isn't a good day. In fact (I had a typo on my 2nd photo) I'm 14w2d today and the nausea/morning sickness has only gotten worse. Has anyone else had this?

I'd say I popped right at 21 weeks. Before that, it wasn't super obvious that I was pregnant and not just fat. These days, it seems every day I'm way bigger than the day before.

Mine definitely got worse before it got better. It did ease up for a few days here and there, but always came back with a vengeance.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1334085383|3167682 said:
vintagelover229|1334083556|3167652 said:

Today as I said before isn't a good day. In fact (I had a typo on my 2nd photo) I'm 14w2d today and the nausea/morning sickness has only gotten worse. Has anyone else had this?

I'd say I popped right at 21 weeks. Before that, it wasn't super obvious that I was pregnant and not just fat. These days, it seems every day I'm way bigger than the day before.

Mine definitely got worse before it got better. It did ease up for a few days here and there, but always came back with a vengeance.

So I'm not out of the clear yet? I'm only 14 weeks and thought my off chance of getting sick were just that-just an off day. The apple came up too-which I've discovered the only thing worse than getting sick is getting sick after you've already been sick once and haven't consumed any fluids. Then you're just sick solids and that's way worse.

We went to my DH godsons 3rd bday and there were 2 pregnant women there. One due in a couple of weeks and the other due at the end of June. It was fun to see the different sizes and stages and talk to expectant mothers :)

I'm not showing but those who know me can see the added lbs to my frame. Not a ton-about 6lbs or so and then of course my boobs are massive. Like DD in size-which I've had before but I was heavier than my current weight. Those things can go at any time and I won't mind.

Did you try ginger? Did it help? Thankfully my DH is pretty awesome. He's even offered to strain the stock for me after he gets off work. He'll work a really long day-have a total of 1.5 hrs of communing time there and back and won't even be coming home to dinner ready and he's still being awesome. He told me to not get so upset at myself that I'm not feeling well enough to do the things I needed to get done. It's not good for me or the baby :praise: That man is amazing-I'm so blessed to not only have a good looking and hard working DH but also one who's caring and understanding.

I'm so grateful to all you ladies. It's nice to read how others are progressing/normal/not normal/different birth plans/etc and have women I can talk to.Thanks so much :)

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for all the cold sore tips! I will look into all of those options :wavey:

vintagelover I was very nauseated from weeks 7 through 13, but no vomiting. I couldn't see straight half the time I was so dizzy and sick :knockout: I also had a horrible headache for eight weeks straight, turning into a migraine every third day or so. In week 14, I vomited for the first time, and continued to vomit every other day or so until about half way through week 16. I am still finding my gag reflex is crazy strong and that it gets set off very easily.

I don't mean to scare you, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone! And, that there is light at the end of the tunnel - this week I feel much better! :) I am still way more tired than I ever normally am, and I have more severe motion sickness than usual, but the 24/7 nausea is gone and I can brush my teeth in safety again! Hang in there, it will get better.

PS - some stuff that worked for me: ginger tea or even better, ginger biscuits; still water with lemon juice added; glucose barley sweets and wine gums (I know, so bad); Jacob's cream crackers (dry, or with Philadelphia); salt and vinegar crisps; toast with butter; and Weetabix. Maybe something in there will help you too!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Any experienced (or informed!) ladies want to give me the skinny on mucus plugs? I had a strained BM that resulted in a pretty big CM glob. It has me pretty freaked out, and since I'm banned from Dr. Google..... I figured informed PSers could put my mind at ease!! :read:

26w2d

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1334092799|3167815 said:
Any experienced (or informed!) ladies want to give me the skinny on mucus plugs? I had a strained BM that resulted in a pretty big CM glob. It has me pretty freaked out, and since I'm banned from Dr. Google..... I figured informed PSers could put my mind at ease!! :read:

26w2d

Kunzite, I hope it isn't your mucus plug; can you call the perinates? I would call them just to be on the safe side!!! sending dust it isn't the mucus plug.

eta: I found this and it says "The mucus plug is usually clear, slightly pink or blood tinged in color. It can be stringy mucus or a sticky discharge. Some women might not notice the loss of their mucus plug since there is already an increase in vaginal discharge during pregnancy." from the American Pregnancy org.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1334087888|3167711 said:
So I'm not out of the clear yet?

Well, I can't say how you'll be, but mine didn't clear up until after 16 weeks. Ginger didn't work for me. I tried ginger ale and the candies and it was useless. Sprite and ritz crackers worked temporarily, as did suck on root beer barrels. For me, though, it was really just a phase I had to deal with until I grew out of it.

Kunzite said:

26w2d

Yikes! I would image it was just normal CM and not the official mucus plug, but I'm not the one to ask. I'd give your doc a call.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - How far along are you again? Even if it was the mucus plug, I've read that it replenishes itself and most of the time it doesn't indicate that labor is coming. I would definitely call your doctor and have them check just in case!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies, I think I'm calming down now. I broke down and looked at Google (hand slap) and it was a lot more like normal CM than what I was seeing online. I'm getting so close to the third tri that I think my paranoia is ramping up! I get an u/s every two weeks but sometimes I wish it was once a week! Thanks for entertaining my crazy :twirl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, call your doctor right away! You just never know. I lost my mucous plug for baby #1 and it was very globby and blood tinged. Also, this might be a TMI question...but here goes...did it definitely come from your lady parts and not from your bowel movement parts?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1334097624|3167901 said:
Also, this might be a TMI question...but here goes...did it definitely come from your lady parts and not from your bowel movement parts?

Really, is there such a thing as TMI on these boards?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would just call to be on the safe side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results