shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again ladies, your thoughts and dust mean a lot to me (and the twinkies)!! I'm 26w4d and DH is doing all of the work for Oliver. My role at this point is mainly cuddles and reading books! MIL will be here in four weeks so I'd like to hold out that long for O's sake so he'll be able to stay home and have someone familiar watching him, that was particularly hard the other day because I had to go to the hospital alone. Poor DH just sat at home panicked not know what was going on.

S&I, good luck lady!! I'm so excited for you!! :appl: :appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1334285257|3169872 said:
I thought S&I's induction was tomorrow! Good luck S&I--see you on the flip side!

Monnie, I think that because of the time difference it was already Friday in Australia when bobbin posted.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Kunzite|1334290995|3169921 said:
Thanks again ladies, your thoughts and dust mean a lot to me (and the twinkies)!! I'm 26w4d and DH is doing all of the work for Oliver. My role at this point is mainly cuddles and reading books! MIL will be here in four weeks so I'd like to hold out that long for O's sake so he'll be able to stay home and have someone familiar watching him, that was particularly hard the other day because I had to go to the hospital alone. Poor DH just sat at home panicked not know what was going on.

S&I, good luck lady!! I'm so excited for you!! :appl: :appl:

Kunzite - I'm so glad that you are home and the babies are still baking away. What a relief!! Hopefully you make it at least 4 weeks (if not more!) so please take it easy and don't push yourself too hard! You have one job right now - bake those babies!! :)

Question for you girlies - anyone else experience a racing heartbeat? Every morning when I sit at my desk, my heart starts racing. This is before any caffeine so it isn't that. It is actually quite uncomfortable. I'm sure it is normal but I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1334304632|3169995 said:
monarch64|1334285257|3169872 said:
I thought S&I's induction was tomorrow! Good luck S&I--see you on the flip side!

Monnie, I think that because of the time difference it was already Friday in Australia when bobbin posted.

I thought of that later last night and never got around to posting again. I forget we are all in different parts of the world sometimes! :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE, I had been thinking of you and the twins! I am glad you are home resting. Lots and Lots of baking dust!!!!! dust dust dust!!!

MDOG, my heart use to race, I hated it! If it becomes uncomfortable I would call the doctor. It didn't happen too many times but I felt like I couldn't breath as well when it happened but then all of a sudden it would pass. I found this, not sure if it is helpful? http://www.livestrong.com/article/191249-a-racing-heart-during-pregnancy/

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Wishing S&I a safe and easy delivery today, hope all goes well and looking forward to an update later!!!

Kunzite will keep the dust going for the next few weeks for the boys to keep baking - take it easy and rest as much as you can!

MuffDog that hasn't happened me, I do get the odd fluttering sensation but that has always happened me and it's never bad enough to scare me. If it's worrying you ring your doc, there is no point in worrying...

AFM feeling much better this week, even made it to my first pregnancy yoga class last night and to the hairdresser today (that was long overdue!) so delighted with myself :) Tomorrow I'm going with my Mam to a pregnancy and baby fair, hopefully it will be good fun.

I'm typing off my phone so for now I will say to everyone else hope you are all well, and have a great weekend!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite's boys, be good! Bake away!!!

S&I, can't wait to here your story! Have a great, smooth delivery :appl:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for all the well wishes! I'll try to keep you updated! We'll be heading to the hospital in just about 5 hours to get started. If all goes smoothly, Baby Alex will be delivered some time tomorrow. Today is my first day off work, but I'm still finding myself scrambling around the house tying up some loose ends. DH went to work a half-day this morning, and is on his way back home now, so we can finish getting ready. I can't believe this is our last night being DINKS!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
S&I|1334339472|3170280 said:
Thanks ladies for all the well wishes! I'll try to keep you updated! We'll be heading to the hospital in just about 5 hours to get started. If all goes smoothly, Baby Alex will be delivered some time tomorrow. Today is my first day off work, but I'm still finding myself scrambling around the house tying up some loose ends. DH went to work a half-day this morning, and is on his way back home now, so we can finish getting ready. I can't believe this is our last night being DINKS!

Good luck, S&I! Can't wait for pics of baby Alex! :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
(Me-centered post, sorry)

Last night I noticed my torso was itchy. I undressed and saw I had a rash, which quickly spread to my arms. I took a benadryl and went to bed. Today I woke up and it's much, much worse. The only parts that don't have it are my face and calves. Everything else is red, bumpy, and itchy. My OB had me come in this morning. She said I'm a little too early for PUPPP to appear, but still thinks it's hormonal/pregnancy related vs. an allergy thing. Just in case, she wants me to take claritin along with an Rx steroid cream, and go back on Monday. Got to hear the baby, and he sounds perfect. My B/P was high, but I assume that's just because of all the itching and uncomfortableness. If it gets worse, I have trouble breathing, or I notice baby not moving, I am supposed to go to the ER. I swear, this kid read the manual on ways to screw with me!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Skippy|1334335337|3170215 said:
KUNZITE, I had been thinking of you and the twins! I am glad you are home resting. Lots and Lots of baking dust!!!!! dust dust dust!!!

MDOG, my heart use to race, I hated it! If it becomes uncomfortable I would call the doctor. It didn't happen too many times but I felt like I couldn't breath as well when it happened but then all of a sudden it would pass. I found this, not sure if it is helpful? http://www.livestrong.com/article/191249-a-racing-heart-during-pregnancy/

Thanks for that link. Made me feel better. I wasn't really worried (I worry enough about everything else) but I'm starting to find it pretty uncomfortable. Makes sense that my heart is working harder as the rest of my bod is!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

ETA: AMC - that sounds awful!! I used to suffer from unexplained hives (for almost a year) and I found that cool baths/showers helped for a bit. Hot will just inflame them so even though it might feel nice at the time, you should stick with cold. If you do end up taking a steroid cream, be careful as it can cause insane insomnia :)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck S & I!!!! Hope labor is quick and pain free!!!

Kunzite, glad to hear things have settled down. Take it easy and keep those little men baking away!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, I'm so glad you're home and doing well! Four weeks is a great goal--focus on that and once your MIL is there, it will be a good distraction. Lots of baking dust to you!

S&I, I'm thinking about you! I can't wait to see pics of Alex!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck S&I!!!! Wishing you a peaceful and smooth delivery.

Kunzite- Glad all seems to be ok. Thinking of you and your twinks!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Yay S&I! You must be so excited!

MuffDog said:
ETA: AMC - that sounds awful!! I used to suffer from unexplained hives (for almost a year) and I found that cool baths/showers helped for a bit. Hot will just inflame them so even though it might feel nice at the time, you should stick with cold. If you do end up taking a steroid cream, be careful as it can cause insane insomnia :)

Thanks for the tips. My current plan is to stay at work for a couple more hours, then go home, take a lukewarm shower, and put cream everywhere. So far neither the cream nor the claritin has made a dent in the itchiness. Sigh.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
S&I, I cannot believe you are about to have your baby! I remember when you first saw the second line on the test, and now he's almost here. Hope everything goes smoothly for you, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Kunzite, glad that things have settled down a bit. Take it easy!

amc, hope you find some relief soon and a cause for the rash. What a pain!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
MuffDog|1334326579|3170120 said:
Kunzite|1334290995|3169921 said:
Question for you girlies - anyone else experience a racing heartbeat? Every morning when I sit at my desk, my heart starts racing. This is before any caffeine so it isn't that. It is actually quite uncomfortable. I'm sure it is normal but I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Muff - I've had a racing heartbeat fairly frequently since really early on (I'm almost 15 weeks now) I've hit about every website I can find, and called and asked my midwives and the peri that did my NT scan, and they all pretty much agree that as long as you aren't feeling faint or short of breath (aside from the odd uncomfortable feeling knowing your heart is racing) to try not to worry about it. I tend to notice mine most in the evenings when I'm quiet, or sometimes when I'm hungry. The heart is pumping a lot harder to supply the baby and placenta so it does make sense that it's doing a lot of extra work even at rest. Also digestion takes a lot of blood flow so after eating (no matter what kind of food) I fairly often feel mine racing.

Last night I got really hungry and didn't have dinner planned and ordered pizza - my heart raced after that for a long time! I think the heaviness of a meal, and all the additives / junk in what I had eaten really aggravated that symptom for me.

If you're worried you can push for a cardiologist referral, but I get the impression that besides an EKG they'll pretty much watch and wait. Sometimes I've taken my pulse when my heart feels racy and it's actually not that high(under 100 BPM) even though it FEELS much higher.

Hope it doesn't continue to bother you - try not to worry, but do ask your doc if you're concerned.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I keep checking in for news from S&I...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't recall experiencing a racing heartbeat; that would really scare me and I'd call my doctor. Hope that has resolved for you, MD!

Tomorrow starts my 34th week, and girlfriend is getting big in there! Went to a friend's b-day party last night for an hour or so and heard a lot of "you don't look very pregnant" which I think is meant to be a compliment and maybe they were trying to be nice? Because I think I look pretty freaking pregnant right now! And of course there was "that guy," the guy with one 9 month old at home who now knows everything there is to know about babies and parenthood and who was questioning and advising us and letting us know just how wonderful all the changes in our lives would be...he volunteered a picture of his baby from his phone ("uh huh, it's a baby"--me), and then started going on about diaper blowouts being horrible but the way your child looks at you making up for it so I finally said "this is gross, please stop talking." :bigsmile:

S&I...cannot wait to hear from you!

Here are some super cheesy bump shots...taken last night before dinner out and b-day visit.

34weekbump001.jpg

34weekbump004.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Monnie: Cute bump shots- you're so stylish!! Your tale of the know-it-all daddy made me chuckle. It's nice he had some positive things to share (though it IS obnoxious when people go on, and on, and on, and on like they know evvverything there is to know about parenting :rolleyes: ) I feel like so many people, mainly men, head right into the, 'You have NO idea what you're in for', chock-full-o-negativity speeches. I want to slap those people. I may not know what I'm in for, but your 10 minute monologue isn't going to help prepare me, either! I'm glad you politely but firmly told him to shut it!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for keeping you guys in suspense. I'll have to post the birth story later when I can get my thoughts together, so for now I'll just announce that Alexander Isaac was born at 2:34pm on 4/14/2012, weighing in at 6 pounds and 10 ounces, at a height of 20.25 inches.

If someone could teach me how to attach pics from an iPad, I can post some pics. :oops:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, S&I!!!! So happy for you! I have no idea what to do with an ipad because I don't have one--maybe someone else here can help you!

PPM--thank you for the compliment! Regarding the men/negativity thing--last night was opposite of what I usually hear from guys! I was just thinking the past few weeks how positive men who've made comments to me have been. When I'm at work I have a lot of male customers who tell me how much fun it was to raise their kids, or just how great it is to be a parent in general. It's usually the women who are negative, or maybe not negative so much as wanting to commiserate or forewarn or something. That guy last night was just a jackwagon, I think. I don't think his wife said a word the whole time we were there, she was probably embarrassed that he was acting like such a tool!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Wooo! Congrats S&I! Can't wait to see pics of the little man. Wishing you a happy and easy first few days with the new little one!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
S&I, congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you a smooth recovery and welcome to the world Alexander!

Monarch, I'm sorry but I have to repeat what your friends said. You look ah-mazing, and you don't look very pregnant. Certainly not 34 weeks! I'm 30 weeks and I'm bigger than you are. Curse my short torso!
How did you manage that pose without breaking your back?

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations S&I! I hope you figure out how to post photos from your ipad because I would love to see them!

The past few days I have been having about 2-3 hours of painful contractions every night that go away when I go to bed, then start up again the next evening. It is driving me nuts because I keep thinking 'This could be it" and then nothing happens. Last night they didn't go away and I had spaced out contractions all night and didn't get much sleep. At 3am I went to the toilet and lost (at least some) of my mucous plug. This morning I was crampy and had a bit of back pain as well as some diarrhoea (sorry for the TMI!). I sent DH to work but told him to keep his phone on him because today could be it! The crampy feelings went on until about 11am and then... nothing. So frustrated!

My OB offered me a stretch and sweep last week at my 38 week visit but I declined it. I am definitely going to get one at my appointment on Wednesday though! I am SO over being uncomfortable and in pain all the time. Come on baby, come out and meet Mummy and Daddy!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, S&I!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Bobbin, at my antenatal class they said diarrhea could be a sign of going into labour. Here's hoping for a baby soon!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations S&I!!!

Bobbin I'm another one who's heard that diaorrhea is a sign that labour is coming soon, hope this is it for you!!! :appl:

monarch you look fabulous, you are so stylish! Sorry to hear about Negative Nigel, sounds like you handed it really well though!

amc I'm sorry to hear about the rash, that sounds absolutely miserable. I hope the treatments bring you some relief. Good luck at the appointment today.

AFM had a great weekend! Went to a pregnancy fair with my Mum and DH and we came home laden down with bags and bags of free swag :bigsmile: I was really hoping to get to see a few different kinds of cloth nappies and suss them out but there were only two brands there. One of the brands I didn't like the look of at all but the BumGenius ones I saw were adorable. We also put a deposit on a travel system, so very excited about that!

I'm feeling proper little kicks several times a day now, which I'm loving :love: DH even got to feel a little thump on Saturday morning and he was so excited. My Mum told DH she doesn't believe me as it's too early ( :rolleyes: ) but I am in no doubt there are very definite little pokes going on :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Mayerling- I hope your glucose test goes better than mine! Either way it will work out fine. I’m the one the mentioned 27 weeks being big. I think a PP mentioned it being when the baby could survive outside (with medical care). That’s a pretty big step, I think! Also, cute bump! How are you still wearing heels?

Amc- your class sounds very informative. I’ll have to keep that in mind so I don’t panic when things aren’t book perfect!Sorry to hear about the rash! I’ve noticed mosquito sized bumps on my hips where the stupid stretch marks have started. I hope your OB is able to provide some relief.

Missy- Cute bump!

Kunzite- Sending tons of dust your way that babies stay put! I’m glad you are at least at home resting.

PPM- Good luck with the end of school year! Soon it will be summer and you can get back to posting, er relaxing! ;-)

S&I- Congrats on Alexander’s arrival. I look forward to reading your birth story!

Muffdog- A little late, but I do experience a racing heart. I always attribute it to the anxiety I had pre-pregnancy, but perhaps it’s pregnancy related? I just try to take 6 deep breaths and it normally calms down.

Buttons- I’m glad the baby fair was fun! Free stuff is always great! Judging by the recent questions asking if I am sick I should probably treat myself to a good haircut, manicure, or something to make me feel prettier. I’ve been just throwing my hair up and wearing minimum makeup and apparently that makes me look ill. Enjoy your LO’s kicks! The feeling is just so incredible when you really think about it being a baby in there!

Monarch- You look great! You’re getting so close. I think I’d take it as a compliment that you don’t look 34 weeks big. That just means you will be that much closer to prebaby size! I’m jealous of how tall you are/look!

Bobbin- You’re so close! Yay! I can’t imagine how excited you must be to meet your LO soon.

AFM- 30 weeks tomorrow! That means she can arrive in 7 weeks and we would be ok! I absolutely love being pregnant, even with the dumb stretch marks on my hips already, but the sooner she arrives the sooner we can get to the US to be with my family. I feel terrible thinking like that- I just wish I could cherish this time with my family instead of so far away. Facetime has made my aunt’s diagnosis a million times easier and I can “see” her when I want.
In other news, we have started our prenatal classes and I actually understand everything so it makes it even more exciting. It should help time pass more quickly because we will be busy with those.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
S&I: Congrats, congrats, mama! Enjoy this time with your new little son! We can't wait for pictures and a birth story... but we certainly will :cheeky: Just soak up these early days with your babe.

AMC: Any rash update? I'm sorry you're feeling so blah- I hope it goes away SOON.

Buttons: Sounds like impending labor! Much dust to you- hope your LO decides to make an appearance sooner than later. I don't blame you for being tired of feeling uncomfortable.

AFM: 26.5 weeks and I'm starting to feel achey. Long power walks cause me to waddle with lower abdomen cramps. Rolling from side to side in bed (especially L to R) causes a horrid burn/pain in my upper middle abdomen, right below my bust. Sitting for too long makes my sides and ribs ache. Standing too long makes my back hurt. There's no winning! I'm most comfortable sleeping, somewhat elevated, on my back. Anyone else feeling uncomfortable?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations S&I and welcome baby Alexander! Hope your birth was smooth and you are recovering well.

PPM, sorry to hear about the aches and pains, I can definitely relate. My back is killing me by the end of most days.

PP, congrats on 30 weeks! I'm so glad you are able to "see" your aunt to make this time a little easier. Glad your prenatal class is going well!

Buttons, sounds like you had a productive time at the pregnancy fair! So exciting that you and DH are feeling your LO moving around, isn't it the coolest thing ever?

bobbin, hoping your little lady is on her way!

hi choro! Hope you are doing well!

Monnie, you look great! :roll: to the know it all guy at the party, no one wants to hear about diaper blowouts!

amc, hope your rash is doing better.

Hi there ChinaCat and lizzyann, come back and update us on how you're doing!
Kunzite, hope you and your boys are doing well.

Muffdog, hope the heartbeat racing was a one-off thing and you are feeling better.

Hi to anyone I missed!

AFM 30w3d today. We had our childbirth classes and tour of the hospital on Saturday. The classes were not that helpful honestly since I've done a lot of reading on my own, and DH said that I've told him most of what they went over already. I did find out that DH is going to be an amazing breathing coach, he is a trumpet player and knows all about breath control so when we were practicing breathing was able to make a lot of good suggestions. Now I just have to get myself to listen to him :lol: ! The L&D rooms are decent sized and all have a bath with a shower, and then the labor floor has two whirlpool baths (for the seven total labor rooms.) Fingers crossed one is available for me, I really feel like that will be something I would want to try in labor but I'm trying not to get too attached since it's not guaranteed. The postpartum rooms are so tiny, with no recliner/pullout bed/anything for DH to sleep on, but they are all private too at least. It was very strange to be there and think about how this is where our little girl will be born! We are having amazing weather here and I went out yesterday morning to do some yardwork, but I got exhausted pretty quickly and had to take a lot of breaks, and then by that afternoon I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Very discouraging, since our yard has so many projects I want to work on (it is nearly an acre, and was vacant for two years before we moved in a year and a half ago). Last spring/summer we made a lot of progress but I might have to accept this year won't be as productive.

Hope everyone is feeling good! I need to get to work prepping materials for my replacement, as I'm going to travel and train her next week, so I need to make sure everything is in place before that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results