shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
S&I - Thanks for sharing your story, I'm in love with little Alex :love: :love:

My bump picture is always behind, sorry! This was last week at 26 weeks (please also forgive the terrible lighting, I wasn't in the mood to retake it). At my appointment last Friday I was measuring 38 weeks!! I'll be interested to see what I measure when these little guys decide to arrive. I can't imagine getting bigger! Had a MFM appointment today and everything looked great. Babies fluid levels were good and my cervix hasn't shortened since last week. So it looks like we're hanging on for now.

27w3d

IMG_25852.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
S&I: Alex is PERFECT! Ohhh that sleepy baby picture with his little hand next to his cheek makes me swoon. Sounds like labor and delivery went well, over all, and even if it didn't... that darling babe is worth it! :love:

Merry: Hi there! You look fabulous! Sounds like your shower was awesome- what a beautiful cake.

AMC: It's official. You've popped! Glad that rash is on its way out. Here's to it never reappearing again!

Kunzite: How are you feeling, mama? You look awesome, I reckon. Do you have any guesses about when the boys will make their arrival?

Meg: I'm certain you're not just thick in the middle... you're growing a LIFE! Post your bump soon- today or on BPFriday. We'll be sure to tell you how adorable you look :bigsmile: Nice job exhibiting self control around those gentlemen know-it-alls. I have a hard time zipping my lips these days. "What? A MIDWIFE? What? No epidural? Ha... we'll see!" We'll see, indeed, considering my birth center doesn't even offer them :rolleyes: (Sorry for turning that response into one about myself. I'm just dodging others' stupid comments, as well)

Muffdog: Hope you're not fretting over the contractor's comments. You were right to tell him that the job was sub par. You're the paying customer, after all! Show us some before/after shots of the stairs once all is complete!!

Missy: Cute as ever. You don't look huge- you look just as great as you did a few weeks ago. What was the weight gain damage at the docs office? I've heard that rapid gain isn't uncommon during the early part of the 3rd tri- then it levels out for the last few weeks.

AFM: I look way bigger than everyone here, and I'm not as far along as many of you. I don't mind it, exactly, except that it makes me wonder: 1) Is she HUGE? Is that bad? A sign of GD? 2) Is this all baby or am I eating/gaining too much? 3) She needs to gain 4-6 more pounds...where exactly is that going to go?! My students provide me with daily reminders of my girth. Such sweet, sweet, darling 14 year olds they are :sick:

I call this photo combo, "What a difference 20 weeks can make!"

6wkside.jpg

26wkside.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies - I'm here for a me-centered cry for help / advice!

I have a bad cold, I had to stay home from work in bed most of the day Monday, and should have also stayed yesterday, but went in 'for a few hours' and got sucked in for nerly the whole day. Between yesterday around noon and now (Wed. evening) my overall symptoms are better, but my congestion is SO BAD! My nose is constantly running and I am sneezing and blowing my nose, literally like it's going out of style. I've used at least an entire box of kleenex today between home and work - even had to upgrade to a real box for the car after using an entire mini pack going out to dinner yesterday with DH. What can I take that's relatively safe to get some relief? I checked safefetus and sudafed is category C so I want to check with my midwife first (don't ask me why I waited until 7pm to think about calling in). I tried claritin, which I think is cat B but it didn't do anything as I suspected because it's not seasonal allergies. I also picked up a vick's inhaler which actually burns if I get it anywhere near my raw nose so it can't do that much good for me right now. My upper lip is even raw from so much blowing : (

My headache isn't unbearable, I've taken my tylenol today in 6 hour intervals, and had some caffeinated coffee too which definitely helped as a 1-2 combo. I'm hoping it will ease up tomorrow but if not I don't know what I will do. My poor nose will probably start bleeding : (

WHat's a sicko preggo to do?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
missrachelk said:

I have a bad cold, I had to stay home from work in bed most of the day Monday, and should have also stayed yesterday, but went in 'for a few hours' and got sucked in for nerly the whole day. Between yesterday around noon and now (Wed. evening) my overall symptoms are better, but my congestion is SO BAD! My nose is constantly running and I am sneezing and blowing my nose, literally like it's going out of style. I've used at least an entire box of kleenex today between home and work - even had to upgrade to a real box for the car after using an entire mini pack going out to dinner yesterday with DH. What can I take that's relatively safe to get some relief? I checked safefetus and sudafed is category C so I want to check with my midwife first (don't ask me why I waited until 7pm to think about calling in). I tried claritin, which I think is cat B but it didn't do anything as I suspected because it's not seasonal allergies. I also picked up a vick's inhaler which actually burns if I get it anywhere near my raw nose so it can't do that much good for me right now. My upper lip is even raw from so much blowing : (

My headache isn't unbearable, I've taken my tylenol today in 6 hour intervals, and had some caffeinated coffee too which definitely helped as a 1-2 combo. I'm hoping it will ease up tomorrow but if not I don't know what I will do. My poor nose will probably start bleeding : (

That sounds like the exact same cold I had a couple of weeks ago. Nonstop sneezing and nose blowing. I'm not much help- I didn't take anything. I meant to use a neti pot, to prevent a sinus infection...but couldn't find it. One thing that did help was the steam of long, hot showers. Oh you can take Benadryl as well...at the very least it will make you sleep well.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! I am still here, still pregnant and still very much over it!

At my appointment yesterday I was told that I am 1cm dilated and my cervix is 'favourable' for an induction if I need one in two weeks. I am so relieved that I was at least a little dilated, as I think I would have cried if I wasn't as it would have felt like I had been going through the pain of all these contractions for nothing! But I had hoped I would be 2-3cm.. Bubs has also moved lower into my pelvis again which has eased some of the pelvic pain. The midwife told me I need to spend as much time on all fours or rolling on my exercise ball as possible to get her to move down that little bit more.

I was also booked in for an induction. Going into the hospital in the evening on the 2nd May for induction on the 3rd. I will be 41w2d at that point. I am really hoping I don't have to be induced as I have read that the syntocin drip (if needed) can make contractions a lot more painful and frequent than normal, and of course inductions often have a higher rate of other interventions than spontaneous labours.

Contractions are continuing every night, and every night they seem to be more intense (but not getting more intense during the night if that makes sense).

I am reading everyone's posts and following along daily, although I just don't feel up to writing a long post saying hello to you all! But I am wishing you all well from afar.

I did want to say Mayerling that I have had the same thing happen with the fuzz on my jaw/under my chin. I hate it. I remember reading somewhere on PS that another poster had the same thing. I guess it makes sense - the hair on your head grows longer/thicker during pregnancy too. Apparently the hair on your head starts to fall out at a faster rate post-partum so hopefully the same thing happens with this fuzz!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
missrachelk|1334804188|3174783 said:

So sorry you are feeling so poorly MRK! FWIW, my midwife OKed sudafed so maybe yours will too. If not, netipot always helps me when I'm sick.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Rachel, I completely empathize with you as I'm just getting over one of the worst colds I've ever had. It seriously wiped me out, and I went through about 4 large boxes of kleenexes in 5 days. At night, the congestion would get better, but then I would be coughing and not able to sleep. It was awful. It is still lingering, but fortunately, the past couple of days have been much better. I was told that pregnant woman's immune systems are somewhat compromised to avoid your body rejecting the baby. I'm not sure if this is true, but it might be because normally, colds do not wipe me out like this one did. I'm only about a week behind you (almost 15 weeks), and my doctor advised against sudafed until I'm further along. I took some benadryl, but otherwise toughed it out with a lot of water and citrus fruit and juices. Not fun! Hopefully, you will be getting better soon.

Hi to all of you other ladies! You're all looking absolutely lovely!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick flyby post:

missrachelk: If you have a health food store near you (or even the section at the grocery store) check out the product called Emergen-C. It's something you add to water (I ALWAYS get the tropical flavor) and it gives your immune system a boost. I actually recommend it to all you ladies who are having a hard time keeping food down or just feel drained as well. I used to drink it everyday-especially early in my pregnancy. Here is a link to it.

http://www.emergenc.com/index.php/products/original

As far as the diaper bag goes-I'll post the vendor picture of it since I haven't had a chance to take another picture of it. I am really quite pleased since i like it more in person than in the photos. An added bonus is that the pattern has daffodils on it-and I LOVE daffodils. We will probably get a backpack too but that will probably be for over night stuff. I will say my husband told me I look like one of the *trendy* mom's with that bag. I didn't get it to be a trendy mom (in fact-if you haven't heard it yet I'm what you'd refer to as a *crunchy* mamma) but for the color and price of the bag. I just liked it. He likes it to but it does look more like a purse so I doubt he'll carry it around in public lol!

Everyones bumbs look great! I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet (to be honest after my car accident a few weeks ago the car rental since it happened the DAY before we were supposed to move cost us 1k + 1k in car repairs...which really hit us pretty hard). I'm hoping to find some cute stuff 2nd hand but what I really will need is stuff to hike in for our honeymoon. I really have no clue even where to begin looking for comfortable clothing to do that in. :???: Thankfully I won't need them for a while yet-but I suppose looking at all your bump pictures since I'm going to be 16w on Sunday perhaps it will happen sooner vs later. The move didn't help me with eating (Did I mention I HAVE NO STOVE) but thankfully we get a stove this weekend but that's a month without a stove-not so good for my eating habits. I went from very little junk (as in cravings only) to stock piling it in the house since I need stuff fast when I don't feel good. I'm going to the store and getting fruit again today-hopefully it's better this week. I can't eat crap fruit and being in Canada it's not really *fruit* season and the stuff that they import tastes nasty. I can't waste my $ on stuff that doesn't taste like it should.

I want to start talking to the baby but I feel quite silly doing it this early. Not that it matters-I try to get my DH to do it-which he will-but I'm still not showing *enough* (meaning thanks to all the junk I do look pregnant for those who know me since all the junk went right into fat storage on my stomach and my boobs) but no pop yet-for us to not feel goofy talking to my blob belly lol.

STROLLER QUESTION: Does anyone know anyone who uses the old vintage style perego style prams? We have a couple in our church and it's the most adorable stroller I've ever seen (not to mention huge) but they do come in smaller styles and I'm dying to have one of those. I know I'll need *another* style of stroller but man oh man-I WANT A PRAM! Anyone planning on using one?

diaperbagpic.jpg

1_c4597caeb2797644bb2f47f979f7b48f.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1334848788|3175054 said:
Just a quick flyby post:

missrachelk: If you have a health food store near you (or even the section at the grocery store) check out the product called Emergen-C. It's something you add to water (I ALWAYS get the tropical flavor) and it gives your immune system a boost. I actually recommend it to all you ladies who are having a hard time keeping food down or just feel drained as well. I used to drink it everyday-especially early in my pregnancy. Here is a link to it.

I thought you aren't supposed to take Emergen-C (or Airborne) because of the mega-dose of vitamins?

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to post really quick before the thread passes me by! It's moving quick these days!

PPM- I'm 30 weeks and about the same size as you. I understand feeling huge, but dont worry, you look great!

Missrachel- I was sick with a cold in January and used the nettipot and drank chicken broth. I read somewhere online that chicken broth had healing properties and I was desperate to try anything to get some sleep!

VL- here in France everyone we know has a pram(bassinet), infant seat, and normal seat combo style strollers. The bassinet part can even be used in the car, with most models, here! This was all new to me, being from the US, so I was insistent that we get one like that, so I understand wanting a pram. I first chose the bugaboo (because it had pram like and was the only one I'd known of in the US), but i didn't find it very practical, so we sold it. We ended up buying a Jané matrix rider. It solved my issue of not wanting to constantly choose( and move baby) from pram to infant seat for the car. The matrix lies flat, like a bassinet, and the back part can be lifted easily to convert into an infant style carrier. It can go in the car flat or up like an infant seat. Watch a google video and it will explain better than me! Sorry for being so long winded, DH and I love this stroller and are so excited to use it. Good luck and let us knowif you get a vintage one! Those are so cool!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics of all the baby bumps!!!! :love: :appl: :appl:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Anyone else in their third tri feeling EXHAUSTED? I am SO tired. I almost fell asleep at my desk a second ago.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Muffdog- Definitely tired over here! I even asked DH why HE wasn't tired. I can't seem to understand why I am the only one feeling exhausted, having back pain, perhaps nerve pain, etc. :cheeky:

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
VL - We have an Uppababy Vista that came with a pram attachment. While very cute, it was totally impractical. We used it about 2x for walks around the neighborhood. Once the babies are a few months old, they will not want to lay flat on their backs in the pram, they'll want to see everything going by so the pram will be useless. The prams are also totally unwieldy and terrible to take in the car or for travel. I think you are due sometime in Oct/Nov and I think you live in Canada, so I wouldn't think you'll be spending too much time outside with a newborn and by spring your baby will be old enough to want to sit up and watch the world go by. Unless you have a lot of excess cash laying around, I would choose something more practical (speaking from the experience of someone who wasted their money on one last time!)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1334850966|3175088 said:
vintagelover229|1334848788|3175054 said:
Just a quick flyby post:

I thought you aren't supposed to take Emergen-C (or Airborne) because of the mega-dose of vitamins?

I do know that you need to be careful with what you intake but I haven't been told not to drink it. If its only when you are sick and one pack a day she should be fine but you can still talk to your dr. about it. Just don't drink 4 packs a day for a month-I think that might be an over kill lol.

About the pram: Thanks so much for the advice. I'm going to look up the first one and see what all the fuss is about :bigsmile: and NB you are right that we are in Canada and no-we don't have a ton of extra cash laying around. That's a good point-I didn't think about the baby not wanting to lay in it and considering we aren't due until Oct. I can't imagine pushing it around in the winter time (in fact I won't push it around in the winter time-I hate the cold). So-I guess the more expensive vintage pram is out. I still think a 50-100.00 one wouldn't be a bad racket to have around but between storage and the fact we'll probably need another stroller it will move down on my want list. Thanks so much for the advice ladies!

Muff: I'm only in the beginning of my 2nd tri and I'm almost always tired. I have good days and I'll have bad days. Thankfully the bad seem to be only once and week and I'm very blessed that I'm not working (immigration laws) so I don't have to balance being pregnant/work/all the changes at once. But I am very very tired and I get a good amount of sleep. However I don't have a stove so I haven't been eating the way I want to nor the way I should so that probably has a lot to do with it. I do hope it improves otherwise I'm not sure how I'll handle our honeymoon trip!

HUGS to all you tried and tried of being big ladies. I'm sure I'll get there. I can't imagine it takes to much to push you over the edge. Peeing all the time would do it for me alone (I'm now to the point that if I think pee I get up and go cuz if I don't I know I'll have to soon and why prolong it if you're going to have to go anyways?).

Other than the baby kicking is there anything to look forward to in the 3rd tri? Man-the men have it so easy. We really do bare the burden as women :rolleyes: -once a month friendly flow-then we get to carry the baby-then we deliver the baby and then we feed the baby and our boobs go (my gf told me after you BF they go flat like a pancake. Is this true or is that genetics? I really can't imagine having pancake boobs :???: )

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1334846054|3175028 said:
Rachel, I completely empathize with you as I'm just getting over one of the worst colds I've ever had. It seriously wiped me out, and I went through about 4 large boxes of kleenexes in 5 days. At night, the congestion would get better, but then I would be coughing and not able to sleep. It was awful. It is still lingering, but fortunately, the past couple of days have been much better. I was told that pregnant woman's immune systems are somewhat compromised to avoid your body rejecting the baby. I'm not sure if this is true, but it might be because normally, colds do not wipe me out like this one did. I'm only about a week behind you (almost 15 weeks), and my doctor advised against sudafed until I'm further along. I took some benadryl, but otherwise toughed it out with a lot of water and citrus fruit and juices. Not fun! Hopefully, you will be getting better soon.

Hi to all of you other ladies! You're all looking absolutely lovely!

Monkey, 15 weeks! :appl: Time to make the move to the big girl thread.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Oh, since this is a jewelry forum, I thought you'd all like to know that I've picked out what I want for my push present. I wasn't sure what to get, since baby's birthstone will/should be peridot (ick...no offense). Definitely didn't want a ring or anything like that. I have a DBTY bracelet from T&Co with a pink sapphire, which I never take off. It was the first present DH got back for me, for V-day a few months after we started dating. Well...I'm going to have my jeweler add a second bezel, with a peridot. I talked to her today and it will cost under $50, which is an added bonus. I figure with each additional kid I can add on an additional bezel.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the cold input everyone! I'm still under the weather but a lot better than Tuesday. I was so miserable Tuesday evening that I decided to take some cold medicine (day quill store brand) later I kind of regretted it and looked it up, ingredients were tylenol and 2 others, both cat C. So it probably wasn't the best choice but I don't think one dose will hurt the baby. I slept for over 4 hours straight (without even stirring) which I know is good for the baby and for me so I'm not dwelling on it! I took some tylenol and actually one more capsule (half dose) of cold stuff today and am a lot better. I think it helped me get over the hump a cold inevitably takes when you switch from the lovely snot river to the even lovlier coughing stuff up phase. I made matzo ball soup on Monday and have been chugging fresh tangerine juice (my favorite) and otherwise my appetite is pretty low.

Too bad on timing that our closing is next Tuesday and moving day is next Saturday! We are so unprepared. I have a lot of packing ahead of me this weekend, and my sister in law is coming to visit (won't be staying with us except the first night most likely though) next week. So here's hoping another few nights of good sleep will kick the cold, at least enough for me to function and get some stuff packed up.

The only thing I've packed so far is a bunch of my pre-preggo (and pre weight gain) clothes. it seems like so much stuff after wearing the few new things I have that fit over and over the past few weeks. I broke out the old navy rouser jeans (with the low jersey elastic waistband) and I like them a lot! I'm not ready for full panel yet and the capris I have from motherhood are kind of uncomfortable because I fold down the panel but it always bunches up and won't stay flat when it's folded.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend planned. I'll be scarce for a while with moving, and hopefully will be back fairly soon after we get settled to report on wether we are with team pink or blue (find out on May 8 if baby will cooperate!)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I finally decided to transition over to this thread. Thanks for the encouragement Mayerling. I honestly cannot believe I'm at this point, as it took us awhile to conceive (with a little help) and my pregnancy got off to a bit of a rocky start. I'm 15 weeks today and everything has gone well since about week 6. I'm loving all of your bumps and looking forward to the day I actually look pregnant and not just thick-waisted. So far I'm still wearing all of my regular clothes, although many of my work pants, which were all pretty fitted to begin with, now feel uncomfortable and the buttons are sticking out through my shirts. I'm thinking a shopping trip this weekend is in order, but I'm intimidated by maternity clothes for some reason. Everyone tells me you just stick to your regular size, so I guess I'll go exploring now before I'm in a panic with nothing to wear one morning.

amc, that sounds like a sweet idea with the different colored bezels. My mom had a necklace with little rings for each of our birthstones. The funny thing was that she had four kids born in March, January, August and November, so it ended up being blue, red, green and yellow and looked a little too primary colorish in the end :) I'm the August birthday, so I know what you mean about peridot.... ughh not the most attractive stone.

Vintagelover, wow, we're nearly at the same point, but you are way ahead of me in terms of preparation it looks like with diaper bags and strollers. Our baby was gifted several little outfits, but other than that, we have nothing and haven't even thought about any big purchases. When I see ladies on here discussing various products, I add them to a private wishlist on Amazon to think about later, but that's it. Guess I need to start paying even more attention.

Petite, 30 weeks already? That's so exciting. I remember when you were scared to test, and look at you now!

Stephbolt, hi!

Bobbin, thinking of you as you approach the big day. Hopefully that little baby starts making some movement before May 2nd/3rd, but at least you know that you will be meeting that little one by then!

Rachel, good luck with the big move and I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

PP, for what it's worth, I think you look adorable. Looks like it's all in your belly. I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel huge as well because I am all legs with a pretty short torso. So far I've only got a really thick waist, but once I pop, there's nowhere for the bump to go but straight out. I cannot even imagine what I'll look like. Shudder. I've been snapping some shots, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post them on here. We'll have to see about that.

Kunzite, so glad the babies are staying put for now. And you look fantastic. Your little guy is just the cutest!

Hi to Missy, Merry and Muff and anyone else I missed! I need to quit procrastinating and get back to researching! But I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: everyone!

Welcome to the thread MP! Don't worry, I have a very short torso, so maybe you can compare yourself to my bump pictures so you know how you'll carry later on.

I didn't get a chance to get on here and tell everyone, but I was in the hospital for 26 hours. My blood pressure was high at my appointment and they sent me straight to the hospital for monitoring, 24 hour urine collection again, and a growth u/s. Everything came back great. My blood pressure was good the whole time I was in the hospital. We got to see baby again! He/she was measuring about 34 weeks (I was 32 weeks 4 days then). The head itself was measuring 38 WEEKS. Holy crap! She said I'll probably have a big baby or go earlier then estimated. Baby's estimated weight is 5 pounds 8 ounces in the 95 percentile. Wow!! Oh and baby was head down yesterday, so that's good! While hooked up to the fetal monitor So anyway, I'm supposed to rest when I can and decrease activity. They didn't say to stay home from work so I'm back today.

Oh and I just found out that yesterday was supposed to be my work baby shower. I had no idea, until this morning. The owner of the company came in and said "Wow you'll do anything to get out of a baby shower!" I said "What baby shower??" And he looks around and says "Wait...who was that supposed to be for??". And my two co-workers whispered "surprise" so he would shut up, but it was too late. It was supposed to be a suprise :lol: Whoops! Oh my too funny! When he walked in the door this morning he said he was stopping in for about an hour which gives him plenty of time to stir up trouble. And then he ruins the surprise hahaha. He said "Ok, time to go I did enough damage today!" And then just a few minutes ago they were talking about the shower and I walked by and one of the loud talkers said "Oh no!!! But she doesn't know it's today does she?" So the shower is now TODAY. Man I just can't be surprised haha. I guess I would have been if it wasn't for the hospital trip! I report back on the shower later on!

Here's a pic of our big baby!

IMAG0546.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monkeyprincess: Welcome!
I know it seems like I have a lot done-I guess in reality I do but what you DON'T see is how crazy hectic things are going ot get for us. So if I don't get this stuff done now-oh boy-I know how quickly 4.5 months goes. His brother got engaged not this Dec. but hte one before and they are getting married in Aug. and the wedding is 4 months away. Where on earth did over a year go? I'm not quite sure but I know these next few months will fly by and the bigger I get-the less I'll probably be able to do so might as well do it while I can. I'm sorry that the beginning started off rocky-mine was to but at the apt. I had everything I needed to eat properly so I didn't really get to sick or anything. Not at the house-we get our stove tomorrow which will put us at over a month without one and I've ate pretty much junk solid for at the last 4 weeks. I feel like s***. Getting sick 2/3 times per day a few times a week-no energy-gained weight and not the good kind. Bah!

I also can't work since I'm in the immigration process. That gives me quite a bit of time on my hands to prep/reseach/prepare for the baby. My mom has 3 boxes put together for me with both boy/girl clothes she's mailing up but I'm holding off on buying ANY baby clothes until after a baby shower. Garage sale season is coming and that isn't a good thing for storage space in our house.

I did buy the nursery set-the diaper bag (I know I'll get more as gifts) and the basics for my cloth diapering but there is still so much to do. We need to put a new roof on our house (I should take pictures of the shingles on this place-the last owners just let it go to crap-this house needs SO Much work). We need to move the stairs/kitchen/finish the basement (which HAD been finished but they told us the sub-pump broke so that's why it flooded/mold/etc so they half gutted it). We bought it as a foreclosure and had the water turned on-basement started flooding. It was a broken water main-yay for the first days in the house to dig a hole and fix the broken pipe ::)

It's already almost the end of April. We have a birthday party-a roof to do-a buck and doe for his brother since he's the best man (in May as well as a professional test he has to take) then we have a 15 day honeymoon (yay!) come back-have family visit from the USA. Then after they leave another visitor-the the rehearsal dinner-then a friend coming to visit-then the wedding. That brings us to late/mid Aug. and the baby is due early Oct. Our summer is going to fly by and if I don't get it done now...I'm not sure when it will get done :)

Sorry to be so long winded!

When is your next appt? I meet with our midwife again on Tuesday for a FULL physical. Yay for an annual ( :???: ). I didn't enjoy those when I wasn't pregnant-I can't imagine them being more comfortable now that I am. But she is really great and my DH is taking the day off to go with me so that is always a plus :)

Did anyone else get genetic testing done? They offered it for free up here (blood work and checking the nasal passage in an US) but we decided against it. We wouldn't terminate anyways so no point in worrying and she told me many of them have false positives-which I know would stress/freak me out to no end. We also aren't finding out the gender. But I did get *one* pink cloth diaper. I mean-a boy can wear one around the house and it was SO cute! :twirl:

I feel you on the mat clothes though. I'm starting to get tight on my jeans (thankfully I had larger sized jeans from when I was in college and drinking/eating up a storm) and so those still fit. But I LOVE 2nd hand and checked those out...yeah not so much. I think I"ll stick with my long skirts and shirts for a while. What I do need is larger sports bras and really good hiking gear. Does anyone have any suggestions for that? I might just have to wear basketball shorts or something. I'm going to be the least cut pregnant woman ever while on my honeymoon if that is the case :shock:

Missy: The US is adorable! I'm so happy to hear that everything is okay. I hate hospitals (which is another reason we're doing an at home water birth) and I can't image having to spend that much time in there. I'm glad that everything is back to normal and that you have a BABY SHOWER and all sorts of loving people to keep an eye on you and the baby :)

Oh yeah! I forgot one sweet thing inmy already SUPER long post-my DH usually sleeps on his stomach/back and can't sleep on his side. He'll usually start out cuddling me and move after 10 minutes or so but he put his hand where the baby is and fell asleep like that :bigsmile: I woke up and thought what is the funny thing on my stomach and realized it was his hand still holding my belly/baby. I beamed and was SOOO happy. We love the baby so much already.

Have we talked names? I would love to hear name ideas from you wonderful ladies. We have a few but since we don't know the gender we figure we'll figure it out when it gets closer.

Also-did you guys know that strawberrymandergirl (sp?) who used to work for WF is expecting? She married an Aussie a few months ago and moved about a year ago and she's expecting a baby boy in the next few months. She is so freaking adorable with her bump!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Missy, yikes! So glad to hear that everything is looking good for you and the baby though. Is that the baby's face? For some reason I can't make out what I'm looking at on my little phone screen, but I'm sure he or she is just as cute as can be. Sorry about the large head though :shock: Too funny about the shower. Hope you have fun today.

Vintage, ah, that makes sense that you've got a little more time on your hands not being able to work. I agree though that I think time is going to go pretty quickly, and once summer's over, we're going to be close to having our babies. As far as clothes, I work, so I definitely need to have a presentable wardrobe, which is why I really need to get started on finding at least 3 or 4 dress pants and less fitted tops. Oh, and I opted to have genetic screening at about 12.5 weeks. We we're going to be having this baby regardless of the outcome, but I wanted as much information as possible and to get a chance to see the baby in detail. Turns out we ended up with excellent results, so I'm happy we did it. Not sure what I would be saying if our results were more ambiguous. I think I'm having another blood test at my next appointment, which is in two weeks, to screen for some additional things such as spina bifida. Again, we will only be doing it to get as much information as possible.

Okay, I missed bump day, but here is the most recent photo I have. It was taken at 13 weeks, so I'm a little thicker today, but it gives you an idea of what I'm looking like these days. I don't have a before shot on my phone for comparison, but I have a 5-week photo at home when I was dealing with a little bloat.

2012-04-03_20.57.46.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
MP - Yes that's the profile! You can see the head, little nose, lips, jawbone, and she said a foot or hand in the bottom left corner. Looks kinda like a leg to me? I believe I have you beat on the short torso though! I was def more "chubby" than you to begin with too! :lol:

Vintagelover - Thank you! A couple co-workers of mine suggested we have a "Zen hour" at work so we can all de-stress each day in honor of me. I think that's a good idea! Too bad the bosses won't go for it! My DH likes to rub my belly before bed too. He always says "Time for ni-night baby" and lightly pats my belly haha. And YAY for not finding out the sex of your baby! We didn't either and it's pretty exciting! Especially yesterday while in the maternity ward, I kept thinking that not much longer than a month and we'll be in there for the real deal and will be finding out what this little one is!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I see it. No particular reason, but I'm guessing boy for you and have all along. Oh, and my torso is SHORT. I think the picture is misleading because I folded my yoga pants down to show the belly, but do you see where my belly button is and my hips are? I seriously have freakishly long legs. Anyway, I feel like I look really chubby in that picture, but I know I'll laugh at myself for thinking that when I get to where you are! Okay, I clearly am looking for any excuse to avoid this annoying research, but since I don't want to do it this weekend, I better sign out!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh I see it now! So yes, you are pretty short waisted!! Yes, you will be laughing at yourself in a couple weeks! I did! I put some of my shirts away that don't fit right now and I said "Oh wow...I thought I was big before getting pregnant! These clothes look SO little!" haha. A lot of people are guessing boy for me too. My mom so much that she even bought some cheap blue clothes from the Goodwill! We'll see soon enough!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monkeyprincess|1334939166|3176247 said:
Missy, I see it. No particular reason, but I'm guessing boy for you and have all along. Oh, and my torso is SHORT. I think the picture is misleading because I folded my yoga pants down to show the belly, but do you see where my belly button is and my hips are? I seriously have freakishly long legs. Anyway, I feel like I look really chubby in that picture, but I know I'll laugh at myself for thinking that when I get to where you are! Okay, I clearly am looking for any excuse to avoid this annoying research, but since I don't want to do it this weekend, I better sign out!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Chubby? LOL! The only thing in there is the baby and the layer of skin covering you lol! You're TINY woman! I won't even POST my picture since I've gained a bit and it's all flab. No baby bump-just some oreos and chips added to my mid section. I NEVER eat that garbage EVER but I allowed myself to over do it during this move. Now I feel like a cow since I shouldn't be showing but I am showing since I've put on weight. I just wanted the cute bump-not the bump hiding under the bulge! LOL!

Missy: I'm so glad to hear we aren't the only ones not finding out. I got to admit now that I'm at the point where we *can* find out sometimes I wish we could find out. But I'm not a big fan of unnecessary US anyways so that really keeps me from it. If my midwife sends me in for another one for some other good reason perhaps we will consider finding out. For some reason I think it's a boy. But I thought that before we even got pregnant. Everyone else thinks that to but my grandma. But she had a ton of girls. My mom had 4 girls no boys and my older sister has 4 girls and one boy. He comes from 3 boys and 2 girls and his sister has 2 girls and a boy. My grandma on my dad's side had 2 girls and 2 boys and my dad is the only one who had kids and he had one of each. So that doesn't really give me much to go on lol!

I can't wait to see pictures of your little one! So soon!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Holy growth spurt! Yesterday I was feeling all sorts of random stretching pains, all over my belly. Last night the bump was GIANT. Even this morning it's way bigger than it was 24 hours ago. Holy cow. At least I don't feel quite as wimpy for having a sore back yesterday!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
vintagelover229|1334935305|3176172 said:

Have we talked names? I would love to hear name ideas from you wonderful ladies. We have a few but since we don't know the gender we figure we'll figure it out when it gets closer.

We are still debating names. We have an Italian last name (well, DH and the baby will :) that is 4 syllables. Here are the names on our list:

Henry
Jack
Milo
Luca
Griffin (nn Finn)
Eliam
Coen (not a messed up way of spelling Cohen, but the actual name Coen)

We are open to suggestion though if anyone else has some good ones to add!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MuffDog|1334947011|3176379 said:
We are still debating names. We have an Italian last name (well, DH and the baby will :) that is 4 syllables. Here are the names on our list:

Henry
Jack
Milo
Luca
Griffin (nn Finn)
Eliam

I love all of the names you've chosen! My favorite from your list is Luca. How do you pronounce Eliam? It's close to another name I love, Elias.

DH and I have been talking names since we were married four years ago, and I've had a girl's name picked out since childhood. But then Kate Middleton had to go and have a sister named Philippa, and now I fear it will become very popular in the US. (I loved Pippi Longstocking as a child, and my elementary school librarian told me that even though Pippi *said* her full name was Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Ephraim's Daughter Longstocking in the books, her first name was probably really Philippa. I fell in love with the name right there, amongst the short little bookshelves with all their colorful spines staring out at me.)

Anyway, I have no business in this thread, just poking around while avoiding my work. :bigsmile: I love talking about baby names, so I couldn't resist. Love seeing everyone's adorable bumps! Goodness willing, I will join you in this thread in a couple months!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog|1334947011|3176379 said:
vintagelover229|1334935305|3176172 said:

Henry
Jack
Milo
Luca
Griffin (nn Finn)
Eliam

We have an Italian last name too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results