shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom|1332460919|3154692 said:
AMC: Sorry your kitty hopped on your belly... must've hurt AND been stressful. I'm sure your baby is okay- you're still feeling movement, right?

Yeah, I felt him a lot yesterday...well, it was either that or gas. Ha. I'm hoping I'll start to feel kicks any time now.

Missy0483 said:
I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST!!!! Ahhh, so relieved :razz:

Yay! And have fun at the "surprise" shower!

PetitePoire said:
Question: How much have you bought for baby? I feel SO far behind even though I still have a good 3 months.

We bought our travel system and crib, and a bunch of clothes. We'll probably wait until after the shower to buy anything else. Oh, we are also buying some shelves from Costco this weekend- the cube type ones that come with, um, cube basket thingies. We would normally wait but they are $30 off until 4/1, so we figured we might as well buy now. And that was the same deal with our crib- it was $299 down from $499, so we went ahead and got it. If it hadn't been marked down I doubt we'd have it yet.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
PetitePoire, how did the ultrasound go?

Missy, congrats on passing the test! Have fun at your shower.

Meg, what a cute bump.

Amc, I'm glad you're not stressing out about the kitty incident.

AFM, lower right pain is still going strong. I really hope it goes away soon. If it doesn't I'll go back to the doctor just to make sure. I forgot to mention that yesterday when he was checking me he checked my uterus to make sure the baby is okay, and took out the doppler so I got an unexpected opportunity to hear baby :appl:. I feel bad that DH missed it. He wanted to come but I told him that since it's not antenatal appointment it's not necessary, and in the end he missed it :(sad
We also had an antenatal class last night. We discussed labour and delivery, reasons for doing an induction, reasons for doing a caesarean, etc. I have to say that, at the moment, I'm not scared of labour at all - I know it'll hurt like hell but I don't particularly care. What scares me is what happens after birth; she mentioned the possibility of tearing and when she brought up tears involving the 'back passage" as she put it, I got especially scared. I think recovery from that would hurt like hell, and I'm already afraid of issues of incontinence (I have OCD and incontinence is one of my irrational obsessions). Is anyone else afraid of what labour might do?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
mayerling|1332528639|3155216 said:
Is anyone else afraid of what labour might do?
YES!!! But I'm scared of everything, thanks to my cousin telling me how her labor was. She said something along the lines of "I tore from hole...to hole" :shock: I'm scared of false labor, officially going into labor, labor itself, the aftermath, actually having a baby to take care of. That's just to name a few. I think I might be ok :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Missy0483|1332529767|3155233 said:
mayerling|1332528639|3155216 said:
Is anyone else afraid of what labour might do?
YES!!! But I'm scared of everything, thanks to my cousin telling me how her labor was. She said something along the lines of "I tore from hole...to hole" :shock: I'm scared of false labor, officially going into labor, labor itself, the aftermath, actually having a baby to take care of. That's just to name a few. I think I might be ok :lol:

Ditto! Before getting pregnant, I had 4 major fears about the whole thing- bad acne, morning sickness, getting fat, and tearing. So far I've done 2/4.

You guys will love this story. We have a nurse here at work, and I get my blood pressure checked weekly. Well, this morning I went in...she asked how I was feeling. And then she said "you're 34 weeks now, right?" UMMMM NO. Then she said "oh, I must be confusing you with another gal who comes in weekly." Okay, here's the thing- open eyes, then use brain, and then speak.

So yeah, feeling particularly fat today.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've purchased a lot of books (the Babar series, some Sandra Boynton, others that were husband's childhood favorites). I still have a ton of my own childhood books which will be added to this little lady's collection as well. Other than that, we got her a few toys including the Fisher Price diamond ring rattle (comes in a set with a couple other things in it), and an awesome Gund giraffe. I am holding off on buying any clothes or really anything else until after my showers in April and May because I am practical like that. :) I also bought a pregnancy journal that I hope my child will have as a keepsake for the rest of her life, and I am buying my husband a leather-bound journal so that he can write thoughts, experiences, advice to her, etc. the first few years. Those tangible things are just so important to me...my mother and I used to share a journal (still have it), and both of my parents wrote to me while I was away at college and beyond. I have kept every single one of their letters and cards--someday my daughter will be able to read things her grandparents wrote to her mother!
PetitePoire, I probably won't post nursery pictures until I have everything in place. But here's one of the crib with a bunch of stuff in it!

As far as fearing labor: certainly I feared everything about pregnancy and labor and delivery when I was younger. I used to be so disgusted and freaked out when my friends talked about their pregnancies and labor/delivery stories that I couldn't imagine that ever "happening" to me. I think part of it was that I was with someone I didn't fully trust and who would not have been super supportive throughout, and I worried that my changing body would turn him off, not to mention what happens to it during delivery. At this point in my life, having chosen to become pregnant and raise a baby with my wonderful, supportive husband, my fears are alleviated for the most part. I believe that attitude is everything and I honestly went into this with a positive mindset and the desire to really embrace every change my body made, good or bad. I have been successful about 50% of the time! LOL Tearing is definitely something that scares me; my mother had 72 stitches after they pulled my brother out of her with forceps. He was 10 lbs, 11 oz! That was 38 years ago, though, but still that story sticks in my head. Whatever effects the birth has on my body, I try to take comfort knowing that my husband will support me and love me no matter what--it makes me cry a couple tears of happiness just to write that.

So as not to come across so crunchy/earth mother...Things I have not been able to embrace: not being able to poop for two weeks straight and developing hemorrhoids. I am not a big fan of the linea negra line on my lower belly even though mine is super faint, either. Blech. I could almost be ok with swollen feet and ankles if it wasn't quite so uncomfortable. And I really, REALLY miss margaritas, and martinis. I have allowed myself moderate amounts of red wine all through pregnancy, but I am dying for a damn cocktail!

Posting a bump pic as well...as long as I've read this thread people posted on Fridays so I've gotten in the habit of that, hope it doesn't matter.

nursery1.jpg

31weekbump006.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1332539268|3155312 said:
Tearing is definitely something that scares me; my mother had 72 stitches after they pulled my brother out of her with forceps. He was 10 lbs, 11 oz!

:shock: :o

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I also bought a pregnancy journal that I hope my child will have as a keepsake for the rest of her life, and I am buying my husband a leather-bound journal so that he can write thoughts, experiences, advice to her, etc. the first few years.

This reminds me of something we are going to do. I saw a Google commercial at the movie theater, which was basically the same idea. You set up a gmail account for your kid and you can use it to send pictures, letters, etc. We are going to set one up and not tell him about it until he's older (13? 18? not sure).

mayerling said:
Tearing is definitely something that scares me; my mother had 72 stitches after they pulled my brother out of her with forceps. He was 10 lbs, 11 oz!

:shock: :o

Shhhhhh! Don't scare me!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't let my relating of that story scare you ladies! It was 38 years ago, they put my mother under twilight sedation so she wasn't able to actively labor, and they let her go almost 3 weeks over her due date even though she was insisting she knew exactly when she conceived (my dad's birthday). This was before ultrasounds and all the awesome technology we have today!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm, you ladies are making me feel HUGE!! I had a stranger ask me today if my due date was soon :-o Luckily my awesome DH jumped in and explained that I was growing two babies while I just said, no not even close. I even have a few maternity tops that look like they're going to stop fitting soon!

re tearing - this worries me too and I've already done this once! I can't stop thInking about my pain and recovery last time and O was only 4 pounds! What's going to happen down there if these babies actually make it close to term, or even worse, if I have a breach extraction!! :errrr: I'm in denial about a lot of things and this is one of them.

Okay, BTDT moms or ladies late in the third tri.... Did you ever get so big that it got hard to put your socks on? I'm bigger now than I was when O was born so from now on this size thing is new to me. It doesn't help that I'm short too. I've already switched to only slip on shoes (I made the mistake of trying to tie shoes last week and it did not go well) do I have to give up socks next?!

Eta - I forgot to comment on the baby journal! ITA, if it's not something you're already doing then start! My DH kept O's journal and I still go back and read it all the time, it's honestly priceless. He had it in the hospital and everything. He's still writing in it, in fact I told him he needed to remember to write this week to tell O what a terror he's been the last few days :bigsmile:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, I'm not in the third trimester yet, but I already feel really uncomfortable putting shoes on. In the UK, it's generally cold and I need to wear boots, which is really difficult. Also, I'm already getting worried about how I'm going to manage cutting my toenails from now on. :roll:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1332544481|3155345 said:
Kunzite, I'm not in the third trimester yet, but I already feel really uncomfortable putting shoes on. In the UK, it's generally cold and I need to wear boots, which is really difficult. Also, I'm already getting worried about how I'm going to manage cutting my toenails from now on. :roll:

Lord, I'm only 19 weeks and I pulled something putting my sock on the other day. I did what I normally do (lift leg out in front of me) to put it on and it hurt. So I guess I'll have to sit down to put them on now...like an old lady.

I'm very thankful that my work is pretty casual, which means by the time I get really big it will be warm enough to wear flipflops to work...and the manager already said it's fine.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
My manager wouldn't dare say anything if I started wearing flip flops (she's just happy for everyday I'm still working!) but it's still in the 40's here. My DH already does so much for me these days that I don't have the heart to ask him to put my socks on me!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
At 27 weeks, we've bought our stroller (uppababy vista scored off of craigslist) and an arm's reach cosleeper from a consignment sale. We also have a rug and fabric to make curtains for the nursery. No clothes/toys/other stuff...we are waiting until after the shower to see what we still need.

Here's my 27w bump for bump picture friday!

IMG_20120323_193941.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sbolte--great bump pic, you look so cute! Kunzite, that's so cool that you are still journaling!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, you look great! Also, thanks for posting all of those book titles -- I definitely needed some motivation to get some more books and that helped.

Steph, you look great too and it sounds like you've got a great start on the baby gear. Do you know when your shower will be?

mayerling and Amc, I'm having sock putting on issues already too. Honestly, its like when I try to pull my leg up to put them on, it hurts/puts pressure on my belly! Grrr!

kunzite, I am sure you look great for twins! Honestly, you are growing TWO humans! The lady probably had no idea. I've had ppl ask how many are in there and I am just having a singleton, so the preggo comments from strangers work both ways!

Missy, congrats on passing your glucose test! What a relief! It's kind of amazing, once one test is over, another is just around the corner. What's next -- the stress tests?? Fingers crossed you're actually surprised for your shower, no matter when it is!

PP, how was the kidney check? All okay? We have bought a fair bit of things for baby. We have worked hard to spot sales and pick up baby items at discount stores, so we have lots of baby clothes, a boppy, a bed set and mobile, stroller bought off CL, and some other small items. Nothing major though, we'll wait for the shower and then get whatever else we need.

AFM, today was the 20 week level II. I'm still measuring a full 8 days ahead, so 19w3d. Everything looked great, measured perfect and all anatomy looked spot on and baby weighs about 10 ounces. We are very grateful that the babe looked good. We were not tempted at all to peek during the genital scan, but I have a strong feeling (now at least) that it's a boy, whereas DH thinks it's a girl. Baby was wiggling about and waving around and what not. Was great to get a good peek and see the little face! Tonight I've been feeling lots of movement too, which is always welcome :))

We close on our house on April 4, so we are finalizing renovation plans over the weekend and picking out some stuff. We're very excited to get the ball rolling and the renovation moving along!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls. Sorry for not getting back to you after my "the baby isn't moving" freak out. The baby has started moving again but still less than usual. However he is moving enough for me to know he's alive so thanks for the advice re what is normal. If anyone had seen me they would have laughed. I drank a bunch of cold water, closed the door to my office and lay on the ground for ten minutes. Haha.

Anyways it is great to read bout everyones fears about labour. I am sort of in denial about the whole thing. While I'm not set on going natural, we did sign up for a bit of a "crunchy" per natal course. I figure the more information we can get the better. Even if ultimately I get an epidural at least I will have all the info. I am petrified about what labour is going to do to my hoo-ha to be honest. I think I've watched one too many you tube videos. OMG.

As far as what we have purchased, here is what we have so far:

Stroller (uppa baby vista on sale)
Tub (puj tub borrowed from a friend)
Breast feeding pillow (my breast friend borrowed from a friend too)
A few pieces of clothing
Bassinet stand for our bedroom (also borrowed)

That's about it. We do have a finished nursery thanks to that tv show and that includes some books, toys and clothes (plus crib etc).

We still need to figure out the diaper thing. Cloth vs disposables.

Happy weekend!!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Missy- Glad you passed the test !! I saw a friend at the lab today who was there doing her glucose test. She is about a week ahead of me. My doctor hasn’t mentioned the test to me and next month will be my 7th month. Anyways, enjoy your shower! Can’t wait to hear about it.

Amc- Good thinking on the sales! It sounds like you really got a deal on the crib! Which one did you go with? I’ve been trying to hold out on our next big purchase (stroller) until May, but I think going the “if it’s on sale” route might be our best bet, if we see it sooner.

Mayerling- Thanks for asking. Kidney was the same as before (larger and passing urine slowly). The doctor that did the ultrasound didn’t seem to have any concern and just said to get monthly urine tests to check for infection. I did that today, so hopefully that comes back normal. Sorry your DH missed out on the Doppler! I’m glad you got to! Oh, also, I hope that pain goes away soon!

Monarch- Did you put the weeks wrong on your pic?? You do not look near 31 weeks. So jealous! I love your journaling idea. I think that would be sweet to have those memories later on. I’ve only written little notes that I’ve stuck in her baby book.

Kunzite- Not quite in my 3rd tri, but I do have issues with socks and shoes. In fact, yesterday I was sitting in the lab office waiting and saw my shoe untied. I had to kick up and tug a little to get the laces done. It was not comfortable and quite embarrassing. So cute that your DH writes in O’s journal.

Steph- Cute pic! It seems like a lot of you ladies have the uppababy vista. I might have to look into. Any cons?

Meg- Kidney check was ok. It’s the same as before. As long as there isn’t an infection (I’ll get checked monthly) then it should be ok. Thanks for asking! We are about the same regarding the baby purchases. I love finding deals. Glad you held out on not seeing the gender! I’m sure I would have peeked! Congrats on closing on your house so soon. I hope the next week flies by!

Afm- Scan went ok. It’s still the same as before, meaning swollen and still not passing urine fast, however, the doctor said it should be fine as long as there is no infection.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
So my shower was A-MAZ-ING! We got so much stuff! We already had the crib and changing table from my parents. Today we got a bouncer, our monkey crib bedding, monkey lamp, monkey diaper stacker, a Baby Einstein jumper seat, high chair, pack n play, radio/cd player for the nursery, and misc toys. We registered for monkey themed nursery stuff and got a lot of other monkey themed things as well! Oh and tons of diapers/wipes/lotions/bath stuff! They had on the invitation that there would be a drawing for anyone who brought a pack of diapers, pretty cool idea. We had a couple games..the "guess the size of mommy's belly" game, and a "who knows mommy best" game, a list of baby related trivia questions, and a A - Z list of baby items (name something that starts with A, B, C etc) nothing embarrassing haha. Some of those games are kinda cheesy so I was glad they knew what I'd like. Oh and my mom did invite the one girl from work. I didn't talk to her much, we don't really talk much at work anyway. My mom kept saying "Why don't you go talk to your friend?" I felt bad that she didn't know anyone else there, but I didn't really have much to say to her. And when she left my mom asked me if I cared that she was invited. My mom had no idea that she's the one that I have problems with at work sometimes. Whoops! So she was my only person from work that was there. So today was completely drama-free, thankfully. Such a great time! Oh and it pretty much poured today, so we had showers on my shower day :lol:

Going through some of the pictures...here's one for now!

530968_370088739681336_100000406380332_1191637_555603312_n.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Missy! That sounds so wonderful. Perfect day for a shower and all of those gifts must be nice in that you probably feel more prepared now. Awesome!

Pp - glad the scan was okay and it doesn't sound like the doctor is overly concerned. Hope u are feeling well!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Missy- Your show looks so nice! I'm glad you had a great time. The coworker issue must have been a little tricky. How odd that your mom happened to find the only person you would have preferred not there! yikes. Glad it went well though. It was nice of her to come, considering. I read off your list to DH. It makes me realize how people are for throwing/coming to showers! The list of baby items is financially huge and it seems like it would be a giant relief having that generosity. I know, I know it's not about the gifts- but it still sounds wonderful overall!

Muffdog- Thanks! I'm feeling ok. Aside from the one day that I went to the ER, I probably wouldn't have known there was anything wrong.

The weekends are always so slow around here!
When are you ladies doing maternity pics? I was thinking of waiting until end of April or May (31-35 weeks), but am wondering if I should sooner? Will I feel ok waiting until then? I'm still debating if we will hire someone or have someone we know with a pro camera take some.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
PetitePoire, you're right. Weekends are always so slow. I'm always lurking hoping for new posts and nothing pops up. So I thought that I shouldn't wait for others to post and I should post myself. I'm not doing maternity pics. Honestly, I'd never heard of them before I started posting on this thread...

Missy, I'm glad you had fun at your shower. And it's great you got so much stuff!

Muff, I'm glad you're not freaking out about the baby any more. When do we get pics of the nursery?

AFM, not much to report. I'm trying to sleep only on my side, but it's really not agreeing with me. I keep waking up with terrible cramps; last night was a bad cramp in my left hip. I guess I have to persevere, though. Also, does anyone have any experience with or feedback about baby bjorn carriers?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, sounds like the shower was great and you got tons of wonderful items! Are there any necessities still on your list to get?

mayerling, yeah weekends seem slow to me too. As for carriers, baby bjorns are not so great. They're what ppl refer to as crotch danglers and can apparently be harmful to baby's back/hips. Better choices include Ergo or Beco which are similar in style but have a better hold of baby. Other types of carriers include moby wraps, ring slings and mei tai's. I think if you're just getting one to have a carrier then one should do, but if you plan to truly baby wear, then two or three may be in order.

Here's a great example of why baby bjorn and the like are not a good idea:

baby carrier.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm also not getting maternity pictures. I guess I don't really see the point. I don't want a bunch of pics of me looking fat and being broken out. I'd rather use the money towards baby pics.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Amc- I totally agree about maternity pics. Although it would be nice if my husband took a few pics of me preggo once in a while.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Meg - First I want to say YAY to you for not finding out the sex at the ultrasound!!!
Really the only big/major things left are the stroller (comes with a car seat) and we registered for an extra car seat too, the swing, and the glider (we don't HAVE to have it, I just really really want it haha). My cousin's SIL also told us she has a bassinet for us which we'll use in our room for a while before moving baby to the crib in the nursery. My mom told us whatever we don't get that we need, she'll get for us. Sheesh, I love her! She'd go bankrupt just as long as she knows her kids/grandkids are taken care of.

Petite - I know, I never really paid attention to the gifts at showers until my own. I seriously love my family, they helped us out SO much. Now we just need to clean the nursery closet out. It still has my clothes in there and some boxes with our wedding keepsakes. We need to get some clear plastic totes and throw it all in the attic. DH was worried he'd have nothing to do while he's laid off. Glad I could help him out :bigsmile:

I went with a friend today to the movies to watch The Hunger Games. I haven't read the books yet, so had no clue going in what it was about, so she gave me a quick explanation before the movie started. It was actually really good! She let me borrow her Kindle so I can read the books. Oh and the other night I had my first crazy baby movement...he/she was moving around in there and it actually made me stop what I was doing and take a look at my stomach. It was all bumped out on the left side and looked a little deformed! I watched he/she move and then that area flattened out again! So strange to see! And I think I've feeling that sciatic nerve pain. I'll be walking and it feel likes a pulled muscle. It feels fine and then all of a sudden like something hitting a nerve. Ouch! One of my friends asked the other day if we were going to find out what we're having :roll: I said "Yeah, in about 10 weeks or so at birth! I'm 28 weeks, we're way past finding out!!" haha.

-29 weeks today!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

Thank you all so much for the kind words and all the advice! The neti pot advice was so good, normally I would use a neti pot a couple of times a week but since getting pregnant the sensation makes me vomit so it's been a no-go. But it was absolutely good advice. I took to steaming my face as a compromise and I do think it helped 8)

missy your shower sounds like it was fantastic! Very glad to hear it all turned out so well 8)

mayerling I've heard the same thing about the Baby Bjorn, that they are not the best for baby's hips. I think the carriers that hold baby in a frog leg position are supposed to be better. Then again, they do seem to be extremely common - they are the only style of carriers available in maternity shops where I am. I am considering trying out a ring sling myself but DH wants a 'proper' carrier so we may investigate buying an Ergo off Amazon.

Does anyone else remember a scene in ER years ago where Abi had the baby in an Baby Bjorn and she went to a mother and baby group in a park and the other mothers all snarked at her for using the 'wrong' kind of carrier? Or is that just me? :confused:

muffdog glad baby started moving again, you must have been very worried! You've reminded me I must get DH to start taking some weekly pictures of me & bump for posterity :bigsmile:

AFM...

I think the worst of the sinus infection has lifted, although I am still very tired and run down feeling. I am taking it easy, keeping up the fluid intake, and just generally minding myself till I feel a bit stronger. Now that the virus is gone I am realising my nausea is gone too - SO happy about that! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I posted this in the JBP thread too - can I ask any of the ladies who wear a suit to work how did you find it sourcing work clothes? I am limited to black, no trousers, and I must wear a jacket that has to remain buttoned at all times. I anticipated this could be an issue so I've been digging around online but I didn't anticipate it would be this hard! I have access to all of the major European and UK chain stores, and may be able to make it work getting my hands on some of the US stores.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
I missed last bump pic day so here is the most recent one (27w, 1d)

27w1d.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Meg, thanks for the carrier advice. I really didn't know anything about it. We're getting the baby bjorn as a hand-me-down from a friend and I'd like to make it work as possible. I don't really intend to wear baby all the time, just occasionally. I figure I'll give it a go and if I see that I'd rather wear him more I'll probably spring for a better one.

Muff, I still envy that bump.

Buttons, glad you're feeling better.

AFM, I just had a most uncomfortable 20 minutes trying to cut my toenails. I'm really scared I might have hurt baby in the process. I just don't see how I'll be able to do this for the next 15 or so weeks! :nono: I guess the easy solution would be to go get a pedicure but I really can't stand other people messing with my toes using sharp objects.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Buttons|1332769006|3156554 said:
I posted this in the JBP thread too - can I ask any of the ladies who wear a suit to work how did you find it sourcing work clothes? I am limited to black, no trousers, and I must wear a jacket that has to remain buttoned at all times. I anticipated this could be an issue so I've been digging around online but I didn't anticipate it would be this hard! I have access to all of the major European and UK chain stores, and may be able to make it work getting my hands on some of the US stores.

Wow, your dress code sounds rough! I'm no help, as we are pretty casual here.

I hate complaining about stuff at this stage because I know it will be 10x worse in a couple of months. But, sleeping is starting to get uncomfortable. Back sleeping is basically out- I just can't breathe. So I sleep on my side, with the snoogle on one side of me and another pillow on the other. But I can only sleep on one side for so long before my hips start killing me, so I end up going back and forth all night. I am almost tempted to buy a recliner and sleep in that for the next 20 weeks! Oh, and being in between all of those pillows is so hot! Last night the heater kicked on and I thought it must have been a mistake since I was sweating...nope, it was 67.

On the fun news front, baby is becoming much more active. I don't know what I'm feeling. I don't think they are kicks, just movements. Before it felt like gentle bubbles or something, but now it feels like big bubbles popping. DH was able to put his hand on my stomach and feel them as well!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hola!

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

Monnie: Adorable bump- you look fantastic. Can you imagine if twilight sedation was still the norm? I've seen old photos (30s-50s) of labor practices and they're just downright scary. Ina May has a story in one of her books about a first-time mom who just opened and stretched an INSANE amount- all the midwives were floored at how much she relaxed and was able to accommodate the baby's body. Afterward they asked her, "How did that happen?!" and the mom replied, "I just kept thinking about how you said I was going to stretch as large as a grapefruit.. so i repeated it over and over. 'You'll be as big as a grapefruit..."" The story terrifies me in part but also makes me consider the power of positive thinking and its role in relaxing and stretching to avoid tearing.

Steph: Gorgeous mama! You look fantastic!!

Muff: So glad you're feeling some more movement. That bath behind you is gorgeous- I am super jealous! Your bump is adorable, you're looking fantastic. Hope the movements continue.

Meg: Glad your ultrasound was great... I'm so excited to find out the sex of your babe and think it's wonderful you two are holding out for his/her birthday! I have a boy instinct, purely non-scientific ::)

PP: Keep us updated on that kidney and take care of yourself. I hope it isn't causing too much stress- the doctors seem to think it's no big deal, which is great!! I am not planning on doing maternity pics. We have a dSLR and I may have DH snap a few shots or something, but I'm better behind the camera so I don't expect much :tongue:

Mayerling: I second what Meg said about carriers. Go to a store that will let you try them on- that's a good way to figure out what works for you. And then there's always the chance that our LOs won't even like the carriers we do :cheeky: Annoying! Sorry 'bout your hip pain, I'm experiencing a similar thing. It's pretty lousy.

Kunzite: I'm sure you look ADORABLE right now, but kudos to your DH for stepping in and prompting informing nosey-stranger that you're growing two gorgeous babes and not just one.

Re: Tying shoes- I'm having a hard time with this, too, and I'm about 24 weeks. I know it's only gonna get worse from here!

AMC: You're totally allowed to complain. Pregnancy is rough... Sorry you're having trouble sleeping :((

Missy: Cute pic! Glad you passed your glucose test...wahoo!!! Also, your shower sounds AWESOME!!!

AFM: Nutshell (which is still long... sorry!)- Our floors are currently being refinished. They're still sanding and I'm trying to plot my escape/exit before the stain goes down. Poly goes down tomorrow. Though water-based, it's still uber toxic... But I leave for my home state in a few days to see family, friends, and have my baby shower. Looking forward to that but am concerned about DH staying at the house with the refinishing fumes.

Had a midwife appointment today. Positive: Glucose test is at next appointment and instead of the gross glucose drink, I have to chug two organic lemonade juice boxes :D :D :D She thought it was silly how happy I was about avoiding the syrupy-sweet drink. Negative: Midwife head a heart arrhythmia with the doppler and now I'm being referred to a cardiologist at the Children's Hospital. :rolleyes: She told me 9 times out of 10 it's NO big deal, which makes me wonder, why not put off this scan until post-birth? I suspect it has something to do with the birth-center thing: If I prove to be high-risk I have to transfer care to an OB.... But I have to ask, if I was with an OB now, would they demand I go to a pediatric cardiologist? Or would they just wait it out? I went to this birth center for a less medicalized experience, and every other visit I feel like I'm referred to some new specialist. It is stressing me out, big time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results