shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
NovemberBride, yes, I don't think I'll be pumping very frequently. I have 9 months at home with the baby and I intend to breastfeed until that point; I don't think I'll continue breastfeeding once I go back to work. I'm only considering the pump as a way for DH to do a feeding or two and a way to build up my supply should I need to.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1331584905|3147112 said:
Is anybody considering a manual one or are you all going for electric ones?

If you saw my boobs you'd know what a manual is out of the question. Not that size is any indication of milk supply...but if it were, I could probably feed a small village.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1331578040|3147013 said:
PetitePoire|1331576589|3146997 said:
Meg- we were told by one store to wait until April or May to register, however, I think DH is getting antsy. He would like to get started. I think it would be fine to start registering, not for other people to buy things, but for my own record keeping. You know? Do you have a good list of things to register for? I have such a difficult time once I'm in the stores deciding on what to register for.

We registered a few weeks ago. Definitely on the early side, but I'm really glad we did it. I am finding that I'm updating my registry pretty often- either adding, deleting, or replacing items. It's pretty overwhelming when you're in the store. We registered for anything we thought we may want/need, and now I have the time to go and edit as needed. Much better than registering in the weeks before a shower, when you wouldn't have time to really make modifications.

I agree with this -- I have already updated a bunch and changed my mind about certain items after reading reviews, etc. Also, we registered at both Amazon and BRU, since some relatives live far and may prefer Amazon. I was surprised to see that many items were cheaper on Amazon by $10-20, depending on the item. I also like that Amazon sells Earth Mama Angel Baby products.

Also, for August and later mommies to be - starting in August 2012, pursuant to the Affordable Care Act, health insurance is required to cover the cost of breast pumps. I'm not sure if it is a dollar allotment or a certain pump or what, and probably depends on your carrier, but for this reason I am going to wait to register for this until I know more from my health insurance company.

I'm also going for electric. I had a breast reduction 10 years ago and my best chance of BFing will be constant feeding/pumping/stimulation around the clock for the first three weeks post-partum, so a hands-free electric hospital-grade pump will be in order to get these babies lactating full speed ahead!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1331594144|3147218 said:
Also, for August and later mommies to be - starting in August 2012, pursuant to the Affordable Care Act, health insurance is required to cover the cost of breast pumps. I'm not sure if it is a dollar allotment or a certain pump or what, and probably depends on your carrier, but for this reason I am going to wait to register for this until I know more from my health insurance company.

Wow, thank you for sharing. I'm going to see what I can find out about this...

ETA- I just emailed my insurance company. Not sure they'll have any answers yet, but I'd sure like to know!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Just popping in about the britax seat - as far as I know there IS a seat that can be used from NB up thru toddler age (I'd assume age 4 as was mentioned) from what I understand this is NOT the kind of seat that has the 'baby bucket' to carry around the sleeping newborn in at all - it always stays in the car. I think it's a blog I read that has that kind of seat, she does a lot of babywearing and didn't plan to use the baby seat not in the car. So if that's your plan, I think it would be a great option.

I'm kind of thinking of that for us, because I personally think the 'baby bucket' seems so awkward and huge to carry around rather than carrying baby in some kind of sling or carrier. But I guess there are always options! That blogger I follow did say she had a little bit of a time getting the hospital to OK them to leave since they weren't familar with that kind of seat fora newborn, even though it is safety rated.

Just a few more weeks till I'm here in the big girl thread for good! I'm a tad nervous for my NT scan next week, it will be the first time seeing the baby since 6w1d !!!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
China- Britax Boulevard is the one I am referring to. It holds from 5-70ishlbs, I believe. Ideally, I would like to use the bassinet when we use the stroller vs buying the adapter and infant seat. I feel like we paid for the Bugaboo FOR the bassinet stroller system so we might as well use it. I’m also thinking of completely selling the bugaboo and going for a 3 in 1 system that they have over it- infant, bassinet (that can also be used in the car), and stroller system. They all adapt to fit the stroller system and seems easier than the bugaboo. Ah, so many decisions! Re: the pump- we don’t have showers here, so should I still register for one? Is Prenatal yoga ok if you don’t normally do yoga? One of my prenatal class options is a prenatal yoga class instead.

Amc- I agree. I can’t help but wonder who would buy it? Perhaps, parents? I’ll look into the Ameda. I don’t think I’ve seen that brand here.

S&I- The massage sounds wonderful, minus the sciatic pain still lingering. I haven’t had any pains since the increase in water intake. I don’t know if there is any relation between the two, but I’ll keep drinking water just in case. I go back in about 7 days for another ultrasound to check on my kidneys. 2L of water a day is a lot harder than it seems! I swore I already drank that, but DH bought water bottles to track my intake and it’s difficult for me to get past 3(1.5 L total)! I’ve been eyeing the Medala, as I keep hearing about it, but it’s quite expensive!

Mayerling- Awesome, I’ll have to take a peak over in that thread. I have been considering manual as I won’t be working, so breast feeding elusively *should* be a possibility. Although, electric might just be nicer/easier to use. For some reason the low noise bothers me.

Meg- Awesome info on health care. Too bad LO will be born in mid summer! Thanks for the info on pumps and registry info! I might have to look into Amazon, as well!

Missrachelk- Thanks for the extra info. If we go with the Britax it would be stationary, so I feel comfortable with that aspect. I do like the idea of carrying her in a sling/carrier, but we’ll see! Good luck on the NT scan! Seeing the baby is always fun!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1331595081|3147226 said:
megumic|1331594144|3147218 said:

Wow, thank you for sharing. I'm going to see what I can find out about this...

ETA- I just emailed my insurance company. Not sure they'll have any answers yet, but I'd sure like to know!

This is the response from my insurance company-
At this time we have no information on how this will be covered. It will probably fall under your Durable medical equipment (purchase or rental) benefit which has no charge. However the exact benefit has not been defined yet.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
RE: car seats and pumps-

DH and I bought a Chicco Keyfit 30 travel system in Fuego (I had to have the bright red! :D ) and we love it. Weston seems very comfy in the seat with the infant padding, and the base with the Latch hookup is great in my car. I have not hauled him around in the carrier yet, but my husband says it does get heavy as expected. The stroller advertises a one handed open and close handle, and it does work that way. It folds compactly enough to fit in my Malibu's trunk, which has a notoriously narrow opening for anything we try to haul back there.

When Wes was having trouble feeding, my hospital rented me a really good pump for $4 a day/$100 deposit while I worked with my insurance on getting a pump for home. My plan covered a pump if we had a prescription for one due to medically necessary reasons, but I had a hell of a time finding a place that would accept the script because they would lose money on the pump due to cost differences. I was able to get a Medela Swing, which works great even though it is only a single pump. That Affordable Care Act may help out the rest of you with finding a pump. I had to call almost a dozen places!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I could not fathom using a manual pump, BUT I did have to go back to work and pump there. The only thing is sometimes you have to pump after each feeding to get your milk supply up, etc. I would probably wait and see if I were in those shoes. I wouldn't buy an electric pump, but would go grab one if you end up pumping more than you think.

Britax Blvd- This is the carseat I have for O right now. It's great, very safe, HUGE. Yes, you would leave it in your car. Check with your hospital, most US hospitals won't let you leave without a carseat installed in your car. I guess the Britax would work, but it seems really big for a newborn. Not saying it wouldn't work, just that I can't picture it.

I was going to say if you plan on wearing baby more, then you might be able to do this. Also depends on how much you are in the car. If you live in an urban city and won't be in a car often, then this sounds practical. But for us, we are a car city and the thing is babies fall asleep in the infant seat. Will depend on your baby, but O would NOT stay asleep if I lifted him out of the infant seat and put him in a carrier. No way, he woke up instantly. Some babies will sleep through anything. So for me, I needed the infant seat to just lift the sleeping baby out of the car and let him stay asleep.

Also, I see the point about the Bugaboo having the bassinet. Interesting, I don't know anyone that didn't get the infant seat, but I can see how certain lifestyles might not need it. Actually makes a lot of sense in those instances.

If you don't get the infant seat, report back!

Petite- Yes you can do prentatal yoga if you don't regularly do yoga! It's GREAT for stretching and aches/pains. I immediately felt so much better. It's modified for pregnant ladies and very gentle. Also with most yoga, you are encouraged to just do what your body allows, no pushing it, so you can go at your own pace. I highly recommend it!!!

Sciatic pain- I hadn't heard to drink more water, but I am going to try it. My masseuse told me it was something to do with swelling and veins swelling and things pushing on it, so maybe more water helps reduce that? Mine is just a constant ache now, doesn't really go away. Yoga helped for sure with that too.

AFM- Have dr appt today and then I go every 2 weeks. When did THAT happen? Appt today should be pretty boring. I am going to try not to look at the scale. :cheeky: We are stuck on names- love so many in theory, but have a hard time seeing it on "my" kid. Also about to potty train O- so not looking forward to that! O must have heard me talking b/c when DH asked him what he wanted to name his baby sister he said "Tiger. Tigerlidy." :o :cheeky:

Girl names- Has anyone picked one they want to share??? Need some inspiration!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ChinaCat|1331657161|3147675 said:
Girl names- Has anyone picked one they want to share??? Need some inspiration!

I have an entire list that I will gladly share. If this baby was a girl, her name would be Mackenzie. I had a friend of a friend with that name when I was about 5 (so 1985) and I've loved it ever since. I hate that it's gone so far up in popularity, but oh well.

Here is my girl name list...all (except one) which DH shot down...in no particular order-

Madeline
Lauren
Alexis (Lexi)
Kaylee
Amelia
Emmaline
Hallie
Haley
Sydney
Riley
Ashlynn

Sydney has been a favorite of mine for a long time, ever since my Melrose Place days :) I also love Hallie. Riley was the only name DH liked, but he wants to spell it Ryleigh, which I just can't accept.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! Been reading along but work has been crazy, so having trouble finding time to post.

re: pumps - I'm thinking of renting one to make sure we get BF established but will be purchasing a double electric since I have to go back to work FT at 12 weeks and want to continue to BF past that point. Will have to see if I can wait until my insurance will cover it to purchase!

We are definitely going to get an infant bucket seat so we can move a sleeping baby into and out of the car without waking her! But if you are not frequent car travelers I can see it not making as much sense, but we have a suburban car reliant lifestyle.

S&I, a massage sounds divine right now! I might have to see if I can work one in our budget, but I'm afraid if I go once I'll be hooked!

meg, I've been working on our registries for a while now! It seems every few weeks I get a spurt of energy and spend some time researching and adding stuff. We are doing BRU and Amazon.

China, we are thinking Eleanor (nn Nora) for our little girl, but backup names are Eliza and Caroline. MN will likely be Marjorie after my grandmother who passed away in January. Girl names are hard! We had a boy name all set to go but still can't 100% agree on a girl name. Congrats on a little girl btw, not sure if I told you that yet!

AFM, been keeping very busy between some insane times at work and the overwhelming urge to clean and organize all the things at home. I'm 25w4d today, and some days I feel like I've got tons of time left but others I feel like I need to get everything done yesterday. The belly has really popped out the last week or two, I finally packed up all my pre-preg clothes, but a coworker brought me three bags of her maternity clothes, so I'm excited to go through those and see what works.

So sorry for everyone I missed, I have lost track, but thinking of all of you and hoping babies are growing well and mamas are feeling good.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Mannequin- Thanks for the info on the travel system. Glad to know you love it so far! One handed or easy open/close would be great! Re: pump, I am not sure if renting is an option, but I think I’ll have DH check into it.

China- Good to know on the Britax! Thank you. Honestly, I’m not sure what we will be doing with baby regarding carrying or not. We are making a big move one month after baby is born, so I am not sure how the new city will compare to the one we are in now. Now, we live in the city but I always drive, however, it isn’t long distances. How far along are you? I can’t believe you are already at the 2 week appointments!! Oh, and PS- I love “Tigerlidy!” hehe Too cute.

Stephbolt- Good to see you around here again! I completely hear you on the nesting kicking in and needing everything done yesterday. How funny, I packed up my pre-preggo clothes this week too. It feels good to not see what I can’t wear anymore each time I walk into my closet. Hopefully the maternity clothes work out well for you. That’s really nice of your coworker. I’ve been flying by using maternity pants and regular tops. I wonder when I’ll need to make the switch.

AFM- After talking to DH last night he posted the Bugaboo for sale. Someone asked to buy it 30 minutes after it was posted, so I think if this person doesn’t take it it will still be sold pretty soon. I really dislike how much you have to take it apart to put it away. It just doesn’t feel practical with a newborn. What if she is really fussy and I am trying to get the darn thing apart and in the car alone? It was an impulse buy on my part and I regret it now. So, now we will be spending the next 2 months (AT LEAST!) playing with strollers until we find the perfect one. No more impulse buys! Haha, I say that now...

25 weeks+1

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Mayerling: Glad you got the news that you are immune to chickenpox. I too am a bit addicted to buying CD's. I have reigned it in a bit, but still have about $300 to spend before we are ready for her arrival. We are prepared that we may have to change our stash once we work out what works for our little girl, but we figure we can sell them later!

AMC: My OB told me to sleep however I wanted, as long as it was comfortable. I was sleeping on my tummy and back until about 20 weeks or so. He recommended that if you want to sleep on your back you put a pillow under your right hip to elevate your pelvis so baby won't rest on the vein that causes the problem. Are you still vomiting at night? That sounds awful.

When I started feeling movement, it didn't feel like flutters or bubbles or anything to me, it felt like muscle spasms. If it is happening in the right area, I would say it is baby!

China: Congrats on team pink! How wonderful. Our girl name list was:
Sophia
Charlotte (the winner!)
Avery
Rose
Olivia
Jasmine
Adele
Amelie
Annabelle
Charlize
Arwen
Arabelle
Harper
Juliette
Audrey/Aubrey

Choro: Thanks for asking about my shower. It was fun! My OB asks me how I am feeling at the start.. then off he goes with blood pressure, doppler, poke the baby and out of there!

Missy: I STILL cannot tell body parts, except sometimes I can tell it is her back.. or butt.. nope, can't tell! Sorry to hear about your brother.

MQ: Very cute pics. Hope you are enjoying your cuddles with Weston!

Meg:
I have been having a lot of trouble with work outfits too. When I go to court I normally wear very formal clothes, but at the moment my suit is a bit ill fitting and my maternity pants look a bit more casual, plus my blouse is a maternity blouse and not as formal either! I think the Federal Magistrates generally forgive me though, because I am obviously pregnant.

PP:
That sounds super scary! How are your kidneys going? Registries aren't common in Aus, but I am not planning on getting a pump before bubs is born anyway. Our hospital rents them and so does the Australian Breastfeeding Association, so I figure that if I need one, I will rent one and then decide which one I want to buy. Is there a La Leche league or something near you? They may rent them too. I really like the bugaboo prams. Well, I really like the look of them. The fact that they were in multiple parts really put me off too, well apart from the price that is! We bought a simple steelcraft 4 wheel pram – the acclaim.

Car seats:
So funny, but the convertible NB to toddler seats are super common here. I believe, haven't really looked into it though, that the snap n go style car seats are actually illegal here, something to do with the base and the way it connects to the car. Most people I know of in Aus have carseats that stay in the car, so dealing with newborns waking up is part of life. We bought the safe-n-sound (Britax) Guardian. I do remember my sister/parents allowing my nephew to sleep in the car on cold days with the doors open and checking him every few minutes (only at home) on occasion.

AFM: 34w1d today. Feeling a bit sorry for myself for no real reason apart from being tired and having to work for another 4 and a half weeks.

I have one more fortnightly appointment at 36 weeks and then I am on to weekly appointments.

My baby shower was fun, my cousin did a good job and everyone seemed to have a good time. One of my friends brought along her 10 week old (also a Charlotte, chich I fel a bit weird about) and she was so cute. I got quite a few very cute outfits, some blankets and socks/mittens.

Not much else to report, my pregnancy has been boring in a good way!

PSA: at my antenatal classes the physio said that pregnant women shouldn't lie down straight on their back, as in lower down like a situp position. Instead, you should turn on your side and lie down on your side. The reason for this is that by lying straight back onto your back, you are using your ab muscles to lower yourself which can cause your ab muscles to separate! Hope that made sense.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies!

I am dipping my toes in here from the Just Barely Pregnant PS'ers thread as I am now officially into my second trimester so I guess I don't qualify as 'just barely' pregnant any more :bigsmile:

For anyone who doesn't know me from that thread I'm a long time member but I'm using a new username for a little privacy (I've put my old username in my sig if you can see those).

I'm 13 weeks 2 days today, due September 17th. Nervous but excited!!!

I'll try and get caught up over the next few days as I get to know you all! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months and looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :wavey:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Buttons!! It's sure is nice to be over that first hump. Glad you've made it over here now. :appl:

Bobbin- Thanks for the input on the Britax. It's so amazing how different countries do it. Here in France they use a bassinet-auto (or infant seats) that go from the stroller to the car! Seems frightening to me to have baby laying flat in the car. Also, Glad to know your baby shower went well! I've only been to two and am envying all of the ladies on PS having them lately. AFM, kidney is doing ok, I think. No pains. Lots of water intake, which means even more frequent bathroom trips! I believe we do have a leche league near, so I'll have DH check that out. Good idea!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
bobbin|1331724660|3148284 said:
AMC: My OB told me to sleep however I wanted, as long as it was comfortable. I was sleeping on my tummy and back until about 20 weeks or so. He recommended that if you want to sleep on your back you put a pillow under your right hip to elevate your pelvis so baby won't rest on the vein that causes the problem. Are you still vomiting at night? That sounds awful.

Thanks for the info. I haven't thrown up at night in a few days. My approach is to not eat much of a dinner, and that seems to help.

Hump day bump day! (Once again, please ignore the dirty mirror...)

week18 shirt.JPG

week18.JPG

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of new Weston photos for all of you soon to be mommies! He is growing SO fast. 8)

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Bobbin - You're getting so close!! Glad your shower was fun! My "surprise" one is next weekend!

Buttons - Welcome! :bigsmile:

Steph - Good score on the maternity clothes from your co-worker! I have there's some nice stuff for you!

Petite - Good to hear that your impulse buy is going to be sold most likely!

AMC - Def see more of a bump with clothes!

Afm, found out my mom bought our crib and changing table for us! :razz: Bad thing - DH got laid off work last Friday :(sad , Good thing - He has time to do stuff around the house and put together the nursery furniture when it stars coming in! It's a temporary lay off and when welding jobs start coming in they'll need him for part of the week again. I had a slight meltdown about it on Saturday. He called me and said he was at the store and was buying "only the essentials and what did I need right now?" We've really never had to do that and the way he said it hit me the wrong way. I was in the car with my mom and she pulled over on the side of the road because I was crying :roll: We'll be fine..just gotta start watching expenses for a while. Sheesh I feel like I'm full of bad news lately, but it's really not this bad normally! Good thing everything with my pregnancy has been fine or I'd be a huge ball of stress right now on top of everything else. I took a walk last night..about a mile one way and for the first time I thought I wouldn't make it to the bathroom! Baby must have been pushing on my bladder, which is also my first experience. Oh and I was waddling the last few minutes before reaching the bathroom...another first! :lol: Now on to the bump pic! Basketball belly!

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Oh MQ!!! He's too cute! I like his expression on the first one...almost like you just woke him up and he's looking at you like "Mom, what in the world are you doing to me???" Ha!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Missy- oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. You'll make it through and don't worry about having a meltdown. It happens and pregnancy definitely increases all of the emotions. On a more positive note, yay for getting the crib and changing table!! That's a big check off of the checklist! Which one did you end up getting, if you don't mind sharing? Also, your baby bump is too cute! I hope that run to the bathroom was your first and last time, it's definitely not a fun thing when you don't have any restrooms available! Wishful thinking though because baby only gets bigger!

AMC- cute bump! I'm jealous at the thought of how quickly you'll probably get back your shape post baby!

Mannequin- thanks for sharing little Weston! He's just so handsome!

25w+2

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Buttons- Welcome! :wavey:

Bobbin- The more I think about it, the car seat thing makes a lot of sense. I just think here (US) nobody does that so it took me a minute to think how it would work. But it's like anything- you adapt to what you have or what you do, so if you don't have an infant seat, you figure out other ways. It's not the end of the world if baby wakes up, just my experience. The infant seats are really awkward and there's no easy way to carry them. Also, love your names!!! DH is pushing Charlotte for us. And I LOVE Arwen!!! It's on my secret list, the one where I know I wouldn't actually use it, but love the name anyways. Is it from LOTR for you, or is it actually a name used in AUS? Out of curiousity, what are some popular girl names you are hearing over there?

Petite- Def check out LLL. They can be a bit strident in their pushing the BF, but they mean well. I rented a hospital grade pump the entire time and it worked out well for me.

MQ- Sweet Weston!!! Love the grumpy picture.

Missy- Ugh and rats on the job situation. I don't blame you for being emotional- us preggos like everything ordered and settled, it's hard to focus on baby and other situations. But sounds like you will be fine and all will work out. Hang in there!

Steph- Oh how I love the name Nora (and Eleanor). I have two close friends that have used those names in various ways so not sure I can go there, but Nora would be at the top of my list. Beautiful choice! Also can't go wrong with Eliza and Caroline. I actually have a friend that just had a Caroline Elise, which I think sounds really pretty together.

AMC- You definitely are growing a bump! It's funny how you look more preggo in clothes.

AFM- Most boring appt ever yesterday, even the dr was like wow, that was easy. All looks good, no issues. 30 weeks today, going to every 2 week appointments, which seems crazy. Starting to think about labor/delivery which I've managed to ignore so far. ;)) On the agenda: picking a name, doing something about a nursery for Tigerlily, potty training O, getting him switched to a big boy bed. I better find some energy somewhere, that seems like a lot in the next few months!

O is so funny about this baby. He must have heard me telling our nanny I was going to the doctor b/c when I got home he said "Where's your baby?" I said it's still in my tummy. He looked at it for a minute, and then said "You go to doctor?" I said yes. He said "They get baby out of tummy?" I said not yet, still growing. He said "ok!" Funny that he realizes it has to get OUT somehow.

ETA: Oh and sleeping. It's best not to sleep on your back or stomach, but it's not the end of the world if you do. Do what's comfortable- but for most, you can't sleep on back/tummy as it's way too uncomfortable. With O, I could be on my back no problem. This one, starting pretty early, I feel light-headed and it feels hard to breathe when I lie on my back. I just can't do it. When you are on your back, the uterus pushes down on a vein that runs vertically and it can restrict your breathing and can slow baby's HB down. It's not super dangerous, it goes back to normal as soon as you move, but it's not ideal. Still, if it doesn't bother you, don't stress about it. I say this b/c my sister is very literal and read that it was "best" to sleep on your left side. She literally slept ONLY on her left side for a month and now her back is out of whack and she had to go to a chiropractor.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Buttons, welcome! :wavey: Yes, being in the second trimester puts you officially in the no-longer-JBP camp.

Bobbin, yes, I'm ridiculously addicted to CDs. And I'm also starting to realise that I might have to re-evaluate my stash once the LO is here. Actually, even now I'm rethinking my original plan of just going with hybrids and have started considering pockets. What worries me now is that it's probably not so easy to resell CDs from the UK...
Also, thanks for the PSA. I totally lie directly on my back and rise while laying on my back and I always feel my abdomen clenching. Every time I think that I shouldn't do that any more but I always forget.

China, I didn't know that appointments get so frequent so early.

Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's job.

Amc, I can definitely see a bump now and it's certainly more visible when you have your clothes on.

MQ, Weston is so precious!

Petite, it's so great that you're able to resell things so quickly.

AFM, 23 weeks today. I generally feel okay. Sitting down is a bit tricky these days as I can't really sit in certain positions that I feel put pressure on my belly. I also get this pain between my right boob and the top of my belly when I sit down sometimes and I need to prop my back up with a pillow. Also, tomorrow DH and I are starting our antenatal classes which is quite exciting. And I've also started doing a lot of research on nursing/pumping; after reading the newborn thread and the pumping thread I keep feeling anxious that I might not have enough of a supply when the time comes :roll:
And a pic at 23 weeks. Happy hump day bump day!
photo_17.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Petite, I'm glad to hear that you no longer have any pains from your kidney problem. It's so hard for me to drink enough water each day too! Hope your follow-up checkup shows that urine is no longer trapped in your kidney. That's awesome that someone wants to buy your Bugaboo impulse purchase so quickly. Hope you didn't lose too much money on it, since it's still brand new.

China, it looks like you've gotten a good list of girl names for inspiration from the other ladies here. We didn't start thinking about names until after we found out the gender, so I'm no help there. Yay for hitting the 30-week mark! I love that little O knows that the baby needs to come out and that you go to the doctor to get the baby out. So cute!

steph, so sorry your work has been insane lately. Yay for your friend letting you borrow her maternity clothes - 3 bags! I only have 3 pairs of pants and 7 tops that I'm rotating through, ha.

bobbin, glad your shower was fun. Sorry you're feeling a little down about being tired and having to work. I'm in the same boat as you. My last day of work is supposed to be 4/12 (the day before induction night), but I have a feeling I won't be able to last that long. I might end up having to work from home that entire last week. Thanks for the PSA too - I can definitely feel like I no longer have working ab muscles when I'm trying to roll out of bed.

Buttons, welcome! :wavey: I also changed my username prior to posting in the TTC thread last summer. Welcome to the land of being full-blown pregnant!

amc, your bump is growing nicely, and definitely looks bigger with your shirt over it.

MQ, thanks for stopping by with more pics. I absolutely love the grumpy-faced one!

Missy, so sorry to hear about your DH's job - that must be really stressful for you. It sounds like it's not too permanent and you guys will be fine though, so that's good. Definite basketball bump! Hope you have an awesome shower this weekend!

mayerling, sorry about your sitting pains. Your bump is progressing nicely too! I'm also getting a little anxious about my milk not coming in time or having a low supply, especially since the baby is being evicted 6 days early. All we can do it try our best though, and if the baby needs formula to supplement so he doesn't starve, then I'm okay with it. I've heard pumping after feedings can help with supply, so that's my plan for now. We'll see how well that actually works.

AFM, I started having the evil crotch pains when I stand up and walk. I think it has to do with the baby's head getting further down there. Lucky me. I'll ask at my ultrasound on Friday if they can tell how low he is. Other than that, we have our Baby Care Basics class this coming Monday evening.

(34w+5d)

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls! I'm back from our baby moon to Jamaica and it was fantastic! We didn't do all that much - lots of relaxing, reading and eating (of course!). The baby was funny and was moving like crazy all week which was so fun!

When we were looking at trips, I was worried about how much 'stuff' I'd want to do at 6 months which is why we went all inclusive. In retrospect, I would have been fine. I felt good and definitely felt like a good time to travel.

Here's a quick pic for Hump day bump day - I have to catch up on what you've all been up to and will reply properly later! This is me at 25.5 weeks.

IMG_8044.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your replies about our situation with DH's job. I keep telling him it's not fair because I want to be home, so he can go to work for me :lol: He keeps saying no because he'd make me lose my job if he had to deal with these crazy people here haha.

Muff - Welcome back! You look great and so relaxed. Ahhh I'm jealous!

Petite - We didn't want to go really expensive, so we got the Delta Winter Park 3-in-1 Convertible Crib and matching changing table in White from Target. I heard several good reviews for it even though it is on the cheaper side.

China - Your little O sounds like a ton of fun to be around. He's so funny and sounds smart too! I never fall asleep on my back. My lower back hurts when I lie that way so I usually fall asleep on my left side, but do wake up on the right side sometimes. I think my 2 week appointments start at 32 weeks? And then at 36 weeks it switches to once a week.

Mayerling - How did your antenatal class go?

We have a list of about 20 names and haven't truly settled on one yet. I'm in a group on FB and there's a woman that just had her baby that was due a DAY before me. How scary!!! He was born at 2.5 pounds and 15 inches long. Ahh! He's staying strong right now. Just curious...what do braxton hicks feel like? I think I may have had them once or twice. It just gets really tight in my stomach and you can feel a really hard spot that goes away. It doesn't hurt at all. We're going to Baltimore Orioles opening day game on April 6th. SIL and I are going to make our own shirts! Something along the lines of "Mom's Future O's Fan" with an arrow pointing to our belly. We saw someone last year on opening day wearing one and we both loved it. So funny that we're both pregnant at the same time and can wear our shirts this year! AND we're getting along at the moment :lol: Ok that's it for me, now that my whole paragraph I typed was a bunch of random topics!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Missy0483|1331820523|3149183 said:
He was born at 2.5 pounds and 15 inches long. Ahh! He's staying strong right now.

Those were just about my measurements when I was born, two months early. I've since made up for any height and weight issues :)

PetitePoire said:
AMC- cute bump! I'm jealous at the thought of how quickly you'll probably get back your shape post baby!

This made my day, seriously. Lord, let it be true!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies! I'm ba-ack! Sorry I've been MIA. My husband had a health scare and it's been a lot of testing and worry for me, so I haven't had much time to really check in. He had some chest pain, then an irregular EKG. But all other testing since then has been good. They think he may have sleep apnea which is causing some stress on the heart so he has to go for a sleep study next week. He is feeling better and things are looking good. But what a rough couple of weeks...

I am feeling great! Lots of energy. I am feeling the baby move a lot now, which is just awesome. We are leaving for Disney in about 10 days so we are really looking forward to a getaway. I am starting to put on some weight now which is great. However, I am finding myself wanting a lot of bad foods - fried food, ice cream,etc. I've been trying to limit it, but it is hard! It's all I want darn it! So I try to allow myself one "bad food" a day. Whether it's a klondike bar or something like that.

Hope you are all doing well!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I never have much time to write a long reply these days, but I see there is name talk going on!! I know it's mostly been girl names being thrown out but does anyone want to weigh in on boys names? DH and I only had two boy names picked out when I went into labor with O and we ended up using both of them (first and middle), so we've been a little panicked since we found out we had to pick two more full names!! For the record we already had two girl names picked out from the first time around, Madeleine Sara and Amelia Margaret. I love these little boys but they've sure thrown a wrinkle in our naming plans. So far we have three contenders; Henry, Elliott, and Miles. Middle names Allen and Alexander. Our last name starts with a hard R sound (like the word are), which is relevant because it ended up making us cut Max off the list because it ends with such a hard enunciation... it made it sound off somehow. So!! Any preferences between the three or additional suggestions? We're really stuck!!! :errrr:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1331844196|3149487 said:
I never have much time to write a long reply these days, but I see there is name talk going on!! I know it's mostly been girl names being thrown out but does anyone want to weigh in on boys names? DH and I only had two boy names picked out when I went into labor with O and we ended up using both of them (first and middle), so we've been a little panicked since we found out we had to pick two more full names!! For the record we already had two girl names picked out from the first time around, Madeleine Sara and Amelia Margaret. I love these little boys but they've sure thrown a wrinkle in our naming plans. So far we have three contenders; Henry, Elliott, and Miles. Middle names Allen and Alexander. Our last name starts with a hard R sound (like the word are), which is relevant because it ended up making us cut Max off the list because it ends with such a hard enunciation... it made it sound off somehow. So!! Any preferences between the three or additional suggestions? We're really stuck!!! :errrr:

Have you tried babynamewizard.com? They have a really cool thing- put in a name and it will give you potential sibling names. I put in Miles, and Henry, Elliot, and Amelia all came up...so apparently you guys are consistent with your naming styles!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - My vote is for Elliott and Miles! We're having trouble finding names that age well. I love a lot of them, but then when we try to picture a grown-up with that name it just sounds immature or something. Ahh!

Lizzy - So sorry to hear about your DH! At least you're getting somewhere with results. I hope the sleep study goes well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results