shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all feminists...what next?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire @nala in liking @redwood66 post you are also saying I am a hypocrite, I don't appreciate you supporting someone calling me a hypocrite - ME telling something so painful to try and help you NALA and you think I'm a hypocrite. Blank the both of you and the horse you came in on and every other damn horse you ride on. How dare you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well START, start with what is hypocritical otherwise you are a liar. You may want to change my narrative but you can't. You can't take what happened to me away from me, you can't shame me just like people have shamed women forever. NOPE you cannot make me feel bad because I know what happened to me and I know what is right and I know what I will do and what I did so you go bullying me but it won't work.

The hypocrisy has nothing to do with what happened to you so don't even go there. It has to do with your "examination" of Tara Reade and her allegations. Of course I am sorry for what happened to you and anyone else (including me). I am not shaming anyone.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't go ANYWHERE with me, how dare you. You are such a liar. You shamed me, you tried to bully me, BALONEY. We are done.

The hypocrisy has nothing to do with what happened to you so don't even go there. It has to do with your "examination" of Tara Reade and her allegations. Of course I am sorry for what happened to you and anyone else (including me). I am not shaming anyone. Bathe in your hypocrisy of Reade and Blasey Ford.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't go ANYWHERE with me, how dare you. You are such a liar. You shamed me, you tried to bully me, BALONEY. We are done.

I am sorry this upset you so and that was not my intention. Nor was it to bully you.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire @nala in liking @redwood66 post you are also saying I am a hypocrite, I don't appreciate you supporting someone calling me a hypocrite - ME telling something so painful to try and help you NALA and you think I'm a hypocrite. Blank the both of you and the horse you came in on and every other damn horse you ride on. How dare you.

I didn’t call you a hypocrite. I liked a comment. I’m sorry you interpreted that way. I agreed with the comment bc I think it’s hypocritical that most of these replies are justifying Biden’s alleged sexual assault by comparing to Trump, by saying we have no other choice, by referring to the past. Yes. Those arguments are hypocritical. The idea that as powerful feminists we are not demanding that this woman gets her day in court, the idea that we are not mobilizing to demand an investigation—that may clear this man or end up with a better replacement—is hypocritical. I make no apologies about that. You bring in your experience. I am not denying your experience just like I don’t think we should deny Biden’s accuser hers. Believe it our not, I started this thread hoping to gain some insight or inspiration from my otherwise very disillusioned soul. The fact that you attack me before you question me is not acceptable. But I have noticed PSers lately like to resort to making a lot of assumptions and plastering the threads with memes that are meant to ridicule. Ugh.

Last edited:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But don’t we have another choice? Am
I naive to think that we should all put on our pussy hats now and demand that his accuser gets her day in court and thereby stick to our convictions? I can see a couple of outcomes. A. He is innocent and our hope is renewed in him. B. He is guilty and we replace him.
Where is our outrage now?
I’m not coming at you personally. I’m reaching out to all feminists to say that we are better than selling out. But maybe I’m too idealistic.

Unfortunately, I see neither of these outcomes.

For A, how can we ever know for sure that he's innocent? Some will believe him and some won't and there is no possible way to ever determine absolute truth here, just as there wasn't with the Kavanaugh/Ford scenario.

For B, well we can't really find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt for the same reasons we can't find him innocent. But even if a significant number of dems felt that his candidacy was too tainted to go forward, how would he be replaced? We're not in the same situation as with Sanders/Clinton where the DNC ignored the primary vote and did their super-delegate thing. Voters have clearly chosen Biden in the dem. primaries, he cannot just be replaced. He would have to drop out and he can't do that without admitting, or being perceived to admit, that he digitally penetrated a woman against her will. That is just not going to happen.

What do you mean by "selling out?" I consider myself a feminist. I was not outraged at the fact that Kavanaugh was a rowdy drunk punk in high school and college. (I *was* outraged at the fact that Mitch McConnell and his republicans wouldn't even consider Merrick Garland for SCJ.) I was angered by the fact that Kavanaugh lied under oath about his drinking and blacking out without consequence. Who knows if Ford's perception of events was *the truth*? It doesn't change the fact that Kavanaugh lied under oath.

Am I a sell-out as a feminist if I don't base my vote on decades old accusations that can't be proven? Biden was called out for being inappropriately touchy-feely. He admitted this behavior, apologized and stated he would change this behavior going forward. I am not aware of any evidence that he hasn't. (For the record, Biden wasn't even in my top 3 choices for dem nominee.)

Anyway, I think it's going to be outcome C: This new accusation is going to blow up in the media for a while with ugly recriminations. The lefties will look to discredit her, the righties will make hay out of the hypocrisy of it all, both sides will be distracted from other issues for a bit. And then it will all be swept under the rug with all the old unproven accusations by women against men that have come before it.

The operative word there being *old*. I get why women did not come forward, I really do. But I believe that feminist outrage over women not being believed about long ago events would be better channeled toward encouraging/facilitating women to speak up and act out whenever and wherever present injustices happen.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know @redwood66 @Bonfire @nala I am really disappointed in you. You hurt @Tekate and she doesn't deserve that. Nothing could be further from the truth. She is a warm wonderful kind generous individual and we should all be so lucky to have a heart as pure and good as hers.

Really disappointed in the ganging up mentality that seems to come out during times of stress on PS. It's not OK treating people like that. Not OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reality is that many forget that there are more than the 2 major parties out there. Our news doesn't tend to cover anything outside of the 2 major parties, which is absolutely dismal.

Remember, the Tea Party rose to prominence because people were fed up with the 2 major parties, and they were an outlier. The Tea Party evolved into a party full of crazy wingnuts but that's another story for another thread....lol

Basically I say look outside the major 2 parties, not all the candidates are crazy, some of them are not as problematic But, they also just don't get the press. (some of them ARE crazy though...lol just sayin!)

I vote based on what I know to be true about a candidate at any given time based on the research I put into them. But no matter my party affiliation, I do not vote party, I never have and never will.

Last election I voted my party because they were not only the least problematic, I felt they would have bridged a gap in DC to get R and D to work together.

Our government needs more centrists in it.

That ends up splitting the vote often and just not accomplishing anything. I am much more in the middle politically than any extreme but I like to make my vote count as best as possible if you kwim. I agree with you that we have candidates these days that are far too right leaning and far too left leaning and it would be nice to see someone who is less extreme and can truly make a difference and get things done.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know @redwood66 @Bonfire @nala I am really disappointed in you. You hurt @Tekate and she doesn't deserve that. Nothing could be further from the truth. She is a warm wonderful kind generous individual and we should all be so lucky to have a heart as pure and good as hers.

Really disappointed in the ganging up mentality that seems to come out during times of stress on PS. It's not OK treating people like that. Not OK.

My post was not meant to hurt her in any way. And it was in no way different than the myriad of posts she has made to me directly. She should know as I do of her that my posts are never personally meant to offend her. I have apologized that she perceived it in the way she did.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi. Did you read my clarification? I’m really disappointed in your assumptions and the assumption mentality that pervades hangout. And I agree with you. Ganging up is not acceptable— did you happen to catch the ganging up against @Queenie60 in the other thread? Did you express your disgust at them too? Or should I “assume” that you just ignored it for other reasons that I could assume?
eta: if liking a comment implies ganging up, then perhaps we should start a petition to remove the like button. Just an idea.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My post was not meant to hurt her in any way. And it was in no way different than the myriad of posts she has made to me directly. She should know as I do of her that my posts are never personally meant to offend her. I have apologized that she perceived it in the way she did.

Whatever your intention was the result was mean posts that hurt her. And your posts were unfair. I wish we could all just be kinder and smarter than the ill behaved politicians.

Hi. Did you read my clarification? I’m really disappointed in your assumptions and the assumption mentality that pervades hangout. And I agree with you. Ganging up is not acceptable— did you happen to catch the hanging up against @Queenie60 in the other thread? Did you express your disgust at them too?

Yeah you know I reached out to Queenie and gave her my support and she just ignored it so IDK what to think. I don't feel ill will towards any of the Republicans here. I judge a person based on who they are and not their political affiliation.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get it. I was a Bernie girl:( But I will vote for a turd sandwich over Trump.

Me too.

The rest of my family - and DH's family - is pretty anti-Bernie, and I do see their perspective. But Bernie has a long history of doing what he says he's going to do, so if one subscribes to the philosophy that most politicians are devils - better the devil you know?

#AnythingButTrump trumps everything else for all of us. So yup, we'd be throwing our lots in with the turd sandwich too.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever your intention was the result was mean posts that hurt her. And your posts were unfair. I wish we could all just be kinder and smarter than the ill behaved politicians.

My intention is to add my opinion to the discussion. And I am disgusted after having read pages and pages about Kavanaugh for weeks on end.

Q

Queenie60

Yeah you know I reached out to Queenie and gave her my support and she just ignored it so IDK what to think. I don't feel ill will towards any of the Republicans here. I judge a person based on who they are and not their political affiliation.

@missy - I did not intend to ignore you on the day you gave support to me which I do appreciate however, please know that it was Holy Week and I am quite religious. To explain, I was taken back by a certain post and stayed away from PS for the week as to get my thoughts together. And after that time, I did not go back to the political thread as it upset me too much. Please don't take this personally, I respect you and think very highly of you. Q

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My intent with ’liking’ Red’s post was not meant the way @Tekate interpreted it. Don’t know how to convince her (or you) otherwise. She is not the only one who has been sexually assaulted, but the intent of ‘liking’ had nothing to with her personally. It’s nice you are being a good friend, as we all should be here, but you can call off the dogs, really.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Did you read my clarification? I’m really disappointed in your assumptions and the assumption mentality that pervades hangout. And I agree with you. Ganging up is not acceptable— did you happen to catch the ganging up against @Queenie60 in the other thread? Did you express your disgust at them too? Or should I “assume” that you just ignored it for other reasons that I could assume?
eta: if liking a comment implies ganging up, then perhaps we should start a petition to remove the like button. Just an idea.

@Queenie60 repeatedly tried to bait a fight by complaining that people were mean to her, and completely disregarding the fact that quite the opposite happened. I was dumb enough to take the bait.

But if you think her personal attacks on me were okay and tongue-in-cheek GIFs are wrong, you can put me on ignore.

Q

Queenie60

@nala - I certainly agree with you, there's so much hate on Hangout and mostly due to political affiliations. I'm well aware that I am outnumbered by the left however, I do not dislike anyone due to their political beliefs. I know that you are a liberal as well as many others however, I don't hold your political beliefs against you as I respect your opinion.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Queenie60 repeatedly tried to bait a fight by complaining that people were mean to her, and completely disregarding the fact that quite the opposite happened. I was dumb enough to take the bait.

But if you think her personal attacks on me were okay and tongue-in-cheek GIFs are wrong, you can put me on ignore.

Hi. As you can see, I’m not the only one who interpreted your posts and the posts of others as such, given that Missy even tried to reach out to her. I’m fine if you want to put me on ignore. Have a great day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My intent with ’liking’ Red’s post was not meant the way @Tekate interpreted it. Don’t know how to convince her (or you) otherwise. She is not the only one who has been sexually assaulted, but the intent of ‘liking’ had nothing to with her personally.

@Bonfire I believe you. But you can see where liking someone's post that has negative comments towards someone else could be perceived as agreeing with that negative comment towards that person. Anyway there is too much ganging up here lately and life is hard enough. And Kate out of all people does not deserve that. She is a wonderful person. I say that objectively.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. As you can see, I’m not the only one who interpreted your posts and the posts of others as such, given that Missy even tried to reach out to her. I’m fine if you want to put me on ignore. Have a great day.

No I reached out to her before that. I didn't even see @JPie's post. Honestly I wish we could all just be kind to one another. I mean we are all going through a very challenging time and it would be nice to support each other and be there for one another and just be kind to each other. No matter one's political affiliations and beliefs.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire I believe you. But you can see where liking someone's post that has negative comments towards someone else could be perceived as agreeing with that negative comment towards that person. Anyway there is too much ganging up here lately and life is hard enough. And Kate out of all people does not deserve that. She is a wonderful person. I say that objectively.

What negative comments were made to her personally? She assumed. She is a wonderful person btw.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala - I certainly agree with you, there's so much hate on Hangout and mostly due to political affiliations. I'm well aware that I am outnumbered by the left however, I do not dislike anyone due to their political beliefs. I know that you are a liberal as well as many others however, I don't hold your political beliefs against you as I respect your opinion.

@Queenie60 have I ever done anything to hurt your feelings? Have I ever behaved unkindly to you? I ask that question genuinely. Please let me know because if I did I am sorry. I just have no memory of that and that is why I am asking.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What negative comments were made to her personally? She assumed. She is a wonderful person btw.

@redwood66 maybe you can let her know that. I don't know if or when she will come back but it would be nice if she knew that you thought highly of her.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here, you can start with the post where Callie “shamed” Queenie.

Be sure to tell me where I was so unforgivably mean to Queenie that Missy reached out to her.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 maybe you can let her know that. I don't know if or when she will come back but it would be nice if she knew that you thought highly of her.

I already have so now please answer my question because I am very confused at your admonishment.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its time for cake, Ice cream, Pie, and cookies. And brownies. I'm not even a brownie person but man that sounds like a good idea right now...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here, you can start with the post where Callie “shamed” Queenie.

Be sure to tell me where I was so unforgivably mean to Queenie that Missy reached out to her.

@JPie if you look at my above post you can see that I did not reach out to her because of your post but in fact reached out to her on PS when her feelings were hurt by another poster. Not you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its time for cake, Ice cream, Pie, and cookies. And brownies. I'm not even a brownie person but man that sounds like a good idea right now...lol

cheesecakenovember2017.jpg

peanutbutterbrowniesbakedbynieces.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie if you look at my above post you can see that I did not reach out to her because of your post but in fact reached out to her on PS when her feelings were hurt by another poster. Not you.

Thank you for the clarification and for always being kind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results