shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all feminists...what next?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard or read it stated somewhere - can not recall by whom/where - that one of the reasons Ms. Reade held back some of the details of her (alleged) incident/s back then was due to fear resulting from Biden’s treatment of Anita Hill during Clarence Thomas’ SCOTUS hearing. I can believe that when considering the era/mindset in that era.

Given the amount of corroborating tidbits uncovered to date, I find far more credibility in Ms. Reade‘s allegations than everything from those who came forward in the Kavanaugh hearing - combined.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
It is not unreasonable to think that a woman then would not fully disclose what happened to her. And It’s not like Biden is known as a truth teller either. You may choose to believe one or the other but there is just no way to know now.

What I will find totally unacceptable is if this he said/she said stories accusing someone from 30 years ago is still happening 30 years from now.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala If you felt confused or conflicted before, I think your position is validated by this interview.

I am not a feminist or #BAW woman. In most things, I try my hardest to look at a “situation“ without bias, and base my opinion on the facts, not party, gender, etc. I believe in due process, and I believe Joe Biden is entitled to it as much as I argued Kavanaugh also was entitled to due process. I was also reasonably skeptical of Ms. Reade”s timing, etc. as much as I was Ms. Ford. But after watching that entire interview as well as Joe Biden’s interview w/Mika, and I believe Tarry Reade - hands-down no question. And I don’t know of any alleged Trump-accuser who came forward and has had this much corroboration and credibility for a decades-old allegation; same for Ms. Ford.

Two main reasons:

1) I find her to be credible and convincing after watching and listening to her tell her story in conjunction with all of the other corroborating pieces of evidence ... the years-ago court declaration by her ex-H, the others she talked to about this back then when she alleged it to have happened who’ve confirmed her story, her mother’s call into Larry King years ago. There were a few things I’d read that had me skeptical (e.g., the ”tick tock“ tweet, why now, why she retweeted Biden in past, etc.). MK pressed her on all of them... and trying to put myself in her shoes, in every single instance, I could completely “see” and understand everything she stateD she experienced, and make sense out of it ... and how coming forward now has “freed” her. And that’s her “end game”; not supporting Trump or altering the election. The only time she “stammered” during the interview was understandably during her sharing the alleged assault; every other Q/A, she was clear and appeared very truthful. And she did it all on her own - not with a team of attorneys, PR reps and handlers. I think it’s a shame she has been blown off by so many for so long simply because others’ hatred of Trump is so deep. After watching that, even though she said she isn’t trying to change anyone else’s vote, I am surprised by those who are ardent feminists/BAWers/Pink hats, etc. who could/would still vote for Biden.

2) It took Biden - himself (not his staffers) - a long time to come out and speak on these allegations, and once he finally did, he appeared hypocritical, dismissive, and is refusing to allow his records at UofD searched for anything related to Ms. Reade re: the complaint she claims was filed. He also seemed unable to answer that when pressed by Mika ... and I think that is quite telling, compared to her story/side of things. And I think he is seeking a different standard for himself.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it’s just ‘locker room’ talk when one ADMITS to sexually assaulting someone and still ok to vote for them, but not ok when one is accused of assault. Just trying to keep up with all republican back pedaling here is getting tiresome.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who said anything about it not being ok? You are free to do what you like.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I recommend everyone rad the piece that Nala posted. For this situation the Courtof Public Opinionl reigns Use your brain.

Tara Reade gave an interview with the AP about a week before this posted one. After saying she reported it to 3 supervisors and filed a complaint witha Fed Agency who takes such complaints, she admitted that she did not do so. So there is no record.

According to her Ex she told Joe Bidens Chief of staff. It is understandable that she would be afraid to make those charges, but she said she did up to now. There is no record because she didn't report it. She did lose her job and maybe told her mom that was why.

I can see harassment from many men in thoses times. I don't see the assault. I do believe the ex. Tara told him that.

Lovedogs, relax.

Annette

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results