shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all feminists...what next?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala - I certainly agree with you, there's so much hate on Hangout and mostly due to political affiliations. I'm well aware that I am outnumbered by the left however, I do not dislike anyone due to their political beliefs. I know that you are a liberal as well as many others however, I don't hold your political beliefs against you as I respect your opinion.

Thank you. I’ve grown a lot by participating in PS. If it’s hard to discuss politics online, imagine how hard it is to discuss in person. I like to hear opposing views. I’m surrounded by liberals because I’m a teacher and many times as reassuring as that is, the all-liberal environment can be very limiting in terms of growth. I’m really trying to practice empathy ever since the pandemic, not just pay lip service to it. I am focused on overcoming my tragic flaw of always trying to be right. I think that’s the one awareness that has resulted from this pandemic.
@arkieb1, if you are reading this, i have you to thank for this growth. I don’t want to get into the logistics of what I said vs what you said bc we both have our own perspective and I think a lot was lost in translation. I do want to say that you made me aware that I was being insensitive because I was only viewing the virus through my vantage point. Sadly, that seems to be the problem with my country’s divide, we are all fighting to address our immediate concerns In regard to our best chance of survival.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
brownie.jpg

:kiss2: I have no business even wanting to each such a thing...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I did not intend to ignore you on the day you gave support to me which I do appreciate however, please know that it was Holy Week and I am quite religious. To explain, I was taken back by a certain post and stayed away from PS for the week as to get my thoughts together. And after that time, I did not go back to the political thread as it upset me too much. Please don't take this personally, I respect you and think very highly of you. Q

Thank you @Queenie60 and I feel the same about you.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I reached out to her before that. I didn't even see @JPie's post. Honestly I wish we could all just be kind to one another. I mean we are all going through a very challenging time and it would be nice to support each other and be there for one another and just be kind to each other. No matter one's political affiliations and beliefs.

Thank you for clarifying. Since you mentioned her in Your reply, I inferred that you were aware of the “ganging up” as per your definition that was occurring in the other thread.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
No.
Like missy, I can't bear to hear him talk. :knockout:

Lol. I almost never listen but I did just happen to turn in on at that moment. Very strange, to say the least.

Q

Queenie60

@Queenie60 have I ever done anything to hurt your feelings? Have I ever behaved unkindly to you? I ask that question genuinely. Please let me know because if I did I am sorry. I just have no memory of that and that is why I am asking.
@missy - no you have never been unkind to me and I have no ill feelings against you at all. As I said in a previous post, the only reason I did not respond to your kindness during Holy Week is that I was upset about a post and needed to stay away from Hangout for a while as I found many on the Hangout forum to be rude and inconsiderate of the beliefs of others and their feelings. Please know that I hold you in high regard. Sincerely, Q

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that there's a lot of very strong minded people here. Which can work or not work depending on the thread.

And you guys know I love you all in my own little way (lol) I have often started a post and then realizing I'm going to sound like the biggest ******* on the planet, walked away, came back and then, deleted the draft. I did that twice today.

Emotions are high right now for some very obvious reasons. But please be kind, sometimes just walking away from what can be a powder kegger even though you are ITCHING to respond is the best policy.

I'm now actually hungry (I forgot to eat today)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for clarifying. Since you mentioned her in Your reply, I inferred that you were aware of the “ganging up” as per your definition that was occurring in the other thread.

Not what you were referring to I think...just when something someone else said was perceived as a negative comment towards @Queenie60 and then yes I got involved to show support for Queenie.

Ganging up of any kind makes me ill to my stomach. We are better than that. We are human and imperfect and we all make mistakes but I think we can all agree that there is no place on PS for any mean girl mentality whether or not we agree on the issues or even like each other. That doesn't matter. What matters is we treat one another kindly and respectfully. IMO.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Basically I say look outside the major 2 parties ...

Wasted vote!

ZERO chance of winning.
ZERO chance of ending tRump's obliteration of America.

I will vote for the only one who has the only chance of beating tRump, even if (s)he is a pile of poop.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that there's a lot of very strong minded people here. Which can work or not work depending on the thread.

And you guys know I love you all in my own little way (lol) I have often started a post and then realizing I'm going to sound like the biggest ******* on the planet, walked away, came back and then, deleted the draft. I did that twice today.

Emotions are high right now for some very obvious reasons. But please be kind, sometimes just walking away from what can be a powder kegger even though you are ITCHING to respond is the best policy.

I'm now actually hungry (I forgot to eat today)

@Arcadian same here. (((HUGS)))
ETA: not the hungry part as I am eating way too much lol.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasted vote!

ZERO chance of winning.
ZERO chance of ending tRump's obliteration of America.

No vote given is wasted. You should vote who you feel is the best candidate, I will do the same. Mo malice, no issues.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No vote given is wasted. You should vote who you feel is the best candidate, I will do the same. Mo malice, no issues.

No problem.
I guess you feel tRump is not damaging America so much that the priority is to remove him.
Free country.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian same here. (((HUGS)))
ETA: not the hungry part as I am eating way too much lol.

I've lost weight which isn't bad by itself, I can afford to lose a few(lol), but bad how its happening. when I get anxious appetite is the first thing that goes.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not what you were referring to I think...just when something someone else said was perceived as a negative comment towards @Queenie60 and then yes I got involved to show support for Queenie.

Ganging up of any kind makes me ill to my stomach. We are better than that. We are human and imperfect and we all make mistakes but I think we can all agree that there is no place on PS for any mean girl mentality whether or not we agree on the issues or even like each other. That doesn't matter. What matters is we treat one another kindly and respectfully. IMO.

What do you think of my suggestion of asking mods to remove the like button, maybe only for hangout? Would that eliminate the ganging up misunderstandings?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem.
I guess you feel tRump is not damaging America, and needs to be removed.
Free country.

It is indeed, which means you should vote how you feel. :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of my suggestion of asking mods to remove the like button, maybe only for hangout? Would that eliminate the ganging up misunderstandings?

No and no. It's mostly words and perceived tone that cause issues, Overall it would be better if everyone, as Queenie suggested JPie do in another thread, put on their big person panties and not take personally what strangers say about or to you on a forum. If people choose to jump in the pool, they should also expect to occasionally inhale water.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would like that very much. Actually from the beginning I wasn't a fan of the likes and IIRC neither was @kenny and perhaps other members. I think it can be divisive and I think the forum would be better without it at all. IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've lost weight which isn't bad by itself, I can afford to lose a few(lol), but bad how its happening. when I get anxious appetite is the first thing that goes.

Yeah make sure you eat well and take care of yourself. Especially now with Covid 19.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like that very much. Actually from the beginning I wasn't a fan of the likes and IIRC neither was @kenny and perhaps other members. I think it can be divisive and I think the forum would be better without it at all. IMO.

IMO HO would be better without politics altogether. There are other places on the net for it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO HO would be better without politics altogether. There are other places on the net for it.

But then eyeballs (IOW money) would leave PS.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But then eyeballs (IOW money) would leave PS.

Would they? Do you think there's that much traffic because of it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would they? Do you think there's that much traffic because of it?

Absolutely!
Some of the longest threads are chock full of political bickering.

BTW, we're crossposting the same text into two threads. :knockout:

I'll stop responding to this line of the conversation in this thread, but continue it in the other. Okay? =)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely!
Some of the longest threads are chock full of political bickering.

BTW, we're crossposting the same text into two threads. :knockout:

I'll stop responding to this line of the conversation in this thread, but continue it in the other. Okay? =)

Ok. I responded over there. See but it would have been so much easier just to like your post instead of having to respond. :lol-2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I supported Prof Ford, and I felt that the nomination should have been put on hold and investigated, pubs wouldn't do that.
So IYO the Dem. party should put Biden's nomination on hold till after an investigation is completed?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really disappointed in the ganging up mentality that seems to come out during times of stress on PS. It's not OK treating people like that. Not OK.
The liberals had been ganging up on me for the past 12 yrs... :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So IYO the Dem. party should put Biden's nomination on hold till after an investigation is completed?

There's a big difference between appointing a SCJ for life and having a party nominee that the voting public gets to decide on for a 4 year term.

That said, I don't think a further investigation of Kavanaugh/Ford needed to have been done. It isn't possible to prove/disprove events from 20(?) years ago. He should not have been confirmed based on the fact that he lied under oath. A classmate stated this: "I can unequivocally say that in denying the possibility that he ever blacked out from drinking, and in downplaying the degree and frequency of his drinking, Brett has not told the truth." Had Kavanaugh admitted that his former drunken behavior was unacceptable and apologized for what Ford's perception of events were, I would have been open to hearing about what he has done since then in what has been described as an exemplary career that has been pro-women.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
w/o politics there will be a lot less traffic on PS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results