shape
carat
color
clarity

Bye bye *J*, HELLO *K*!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i love love loveeee your stone! you''ve just added to my new obsession with warmer stones! i always thought D-F was the only way to go....but its soooooooo obviously NOT! ur stone is such an inspiration!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 8:11:13 AM
Author: julie04
i love love loveeee your stone! you''ve just added to my new obsession with warmer stones! i always thought D-F was the only way to go....but its soooooooo obviously NOT! ur stone is such an inspiration!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Awww, thanks julie04. But believe me, this K is nooooooooo D-F, but it IS beautiful. Very different creatures though in the lower colors. My best friend''s G is blazingly white compared to my K, both are beautiful, just a different feel. Honestly, if $ was no object (and I would still be sized obsessed as I am now), I''d probably go for an H color. But that will probably never happen. Any upgrades will be J probably, going for SIZE.
2.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:33:13 PM
Author: katiedid
Jenn, your ring is so beautiful. I really really love it and if you remember, I am THE most neurotic person about color. I see color in Gs all the time, if you can believe that. But I am being honest in saying that your K looks perfectly white and icy. I''m so glad you got the head fixed just right. I actually have a BIG b-day coming up in Sept of this year :( but I am sad to say I will not be getting any pretty upgrades like this!
Hi katiedid! You''re so sweet. As I told julie04, this K is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo G, believe me. Maybe when the sun returns I can get some more shots and maybe this time try to convey that I see. All the WHITE WHITE WHITE in those first pics is a little misleading I think. As for the big bday upgrade, it was actually NOT a BIG upgrade $ wise at ALL. Let''s just say it was cheaper than the plain matching knife edge band I was considering before my crazy brain told me "why get another band, you have a band, get a bigger diamond!
31.gif
"

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 4:45:09 PM
Author: mela lu
Hi Jenn! I''m late to your thread (sorry) but I wanted to chime in first to say Congrats on your upgrate but also to say WOWZAs on the ring. I''m glad you''ve gone back to WF, who will as you said ''make good'' on everything. I heart them too.

Now, here''s my question. I didnt see any comments on the flourescents. Did you notice the flour at all? I know you were concerned about the color, but I''m curious to know how a K with Flour appears as opposed to without flourescents.

:) I''m just gonna throw hearts all over your upgrade. sigh. one day I''ll get to do this too!
36.gif
Hi mela lu! Well, my stone does have faint flour, but I don''t think faint is enough to help from what I''ve read. It''s fun that it has it though. Can''t hurt. I haven''t been in any situations though to even see it, but I''m not sure if faint flour is ever visible??? Now MEDIUM BLUE I would have been ALL OVER. None that fit the bill were around though.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 8:44:39 PM
Author: thing2of2
I was out of town when you originally posted, but I''m glad I''m catching your ring now-it''s gorgeous! I''ve considered going for a J or K RB if I upgrade in the future and I am very impressed with how white your diamond looks in the photos! (I know photos aren''t totally representative of color, but WOW!)

I also like hearing your thoughts on color and how it becomes less apparent to you over time...interesting, but it totally makes sense! I''m a fixating type person, but once I get over something, it doesn''t ever bother me again!

Anyway, enough rambling-I really love your ring! The setting is really nice and it looks great with the eternity band. Oh, and happy birthday!
I have no idea if anyone else has ever had this response to color, but now TWO TIMES in a row, I feel it becomes less apparent over time. And I am about as ANAL as they GET about EvErYtHiNg! I am VERY obsessive and over analyze E*V*E*R*Y*T*H*I*N*G. It''s NOT like me to just "get over" ANYTHING. Anyhow, the stone has warmth. There''s no getting around it. But the 7.9+mm spread stole my size obsessed heart I guess.
2.gif
It was such a cheap upgrade, I thought I''d enjoy it for the time being and wait (....and hope) for the big 10 year upgrade in 4 more years. ...........if my poor husband knew I was already that ahead of myself in the diamond department........You know what though, we were discussing a 2+ ct. princess my twin brother has lying around following a broken engagement. Poor guy sank over $11k into the stone and ring at Robbins bros. and missed the return period by just a hair. It''s how the cookie crumbles, but I hate to see my twin stuck with this hefty reminder of such a bad experience. (.........and also hate that he bought a poorly cut J color princess!) ANYHOW, I was talking about it with my husband the other day and he said "you know, that''s NOT a lot of $ for a 2 ct stone". AT LEAST HE HAS SOME IDEA OF WHAT IS TO COME I GUESS. I like to think "wow, he''s so lucky, me being all about J/SI2 stones"..........who am I kidding........If I insisted on much higher color/clarity I''d be hoping for a 1ct 10 year anniversary upgrade.
3.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Date: 3/7/2008 10:53:14 AM
Author: Jenn5504

Date: 3/5/2008 4:45:09 PM
Author: mela lu
Hi Jenn! I''m late to your thread (sorry) but I wanted to chime in first to say Congrats on your upgrate but also to say WOWZAs on the ring. I''m glad you''ve gone back to WF, who will as you said ''make good'' on everything. I heart them too.

Now, here''s my question. I didnt see any comments on the flourescents. Did you notice the flour at all? I know you were concerned about the color, but I''m curious to know how a K with Flour appears as opposed to without flourescents.

:) I''m just gonna throw hearts all over your upgrade. sigh. one day I''ll get to do this too!
36.gif
Hi mela lu! Well, my stone does have faint flour, but I don''t think faint is enough to help from what I''ve read. It''s fun that it has it though. Can''t hurt. I haven''t been in any situations though to even see it, but I''m not sure if faint flour is ever visible??? Now MEDIUM BLUE I would have been ALL OVER. None that fit the bill were around though.
well...I''m just so happy that you''re happy!! I cant wait to see some more pics and throw hearts all over them too!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Jenn -- what a beautiful ring!!!
30.gif

When I first joined PS, I was dead set on an "E" -- (ala love "white" diamonds)... but the more and more I am on PS the more I have fallen love with the lower colors.... Your stone is SO white I would of never in a million years guessed it was a K.

Enjoy that big rock!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, got some decent pictures finally. Not great. But I hope some can see the difference in the head/prongs.

DSC06568.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, that last one could stand to be a bit larger....

DSC06563.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I suck at sizing pictures today...

DSC065761212.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
another

DSC06581.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
flower shot

DSC06553.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, trying something else in hopes that it''ll be bigger.....let''s see.....

jenn5504121212.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Jenn,

It's lovely and gorgeous and I'm soooo glad it's finally back *HOME*!!!
36.gif

And it looks perfect to me... but then again, I couldn't really see the little problems in the photos before... so the question is, is it perfect in person, to you?
30.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 10:06:25 AM
Author: Stellablue687
Jenn - beautiful ring! Wear it in good health and happiness.

Off hand: do you know if this is your old stone?: http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-664432.htm#

I am considering this stone and read that you traded in a 1.59 J/si2....is that it?
Hi Stellablue! OMG, that HAS to be my old J!
1.gif
I''ve been wondering when it would pop back up. For what it''s worth, it''s an AGS000, I''m not sure why they didn''t do that type of AGS cert again??? Awwwwww, it feels so funny to see my old baby back on the market.
2.gif
Keep me posted, I''d LOVE to see where it ends up and how it is set this time!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 8:37:51 PM
Author: Lynn B
Oh Jenn,

It''s lovely and gorgeous and I''m soooo glad it''s finally back *HOME*!!!
36.gif

And it looks perfect to me... but then again, I couldn''t really see the little problems in the photos before... so the question is, is it perfect in person, to you?
30.gif
Thanks, Lynn! You sweet thing, always so happy for others! I love that about you! Yes, it''s HOME
36.gif
and yes........it truly feels pretty darn close to perfect (.......I mean, come on, it''s not a Leon creation, I reserve PERFECT for THAT sort of work
3.gif
). I am SO much happier with the head/prongs. .......................of coarse I''m wanting a DIFFERENT setting all the time, shhhhhhh, don''t tell ANYONE but I''ve sort of fallen out of love with my classic tiffany knife edge. YOUR rings do NOT help my wish for something different at all, missy. I''m in LOVE with your setting!
9.gif
WF did a great job on correcting the issues on my setting and "the K" and I are really getting along swimmingly. I still like something about it''s personality better than my old stone, I''m just not diamond savvy enough to tell you what that difference is.
37.gif
SO, after ALL of this (.........which all happened WAY too soon after the last diamond change...) I''m finally able to say with certinty that I''m GLAD I did it and I do love it and it feels nice.
20.gif

Stellablue687

Rough_Rock

Hi Jenn - one more question if you dont mind. WF is telling me the stone is very pretty! They are also saying that there is an inclusion that is visible from about 8" away (white not black inclusion). Did you ever notice it? If you did, did it bother you?

Thanks for your help!

1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting looks great, Jenn! That is my other favorite solitaire setting! It was SO hard for me to decide between that one and the Leon since I love both designs! Your flower shots are beautiful!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 4:33:05 PM
Author: Stellablue687

Hi Jenn - one more question if you dont mind. WF is telling me the stone is very pretty! They are also saying that there is an inclusion that is visible from about 8'' away (white not black inclusion). Did you ever notice it? If you did, did it bother you?

Thanks for your help!

1.gif

Hi Stellablue! You must be referring to J''s birthmark under her table.
2.gif
You know what, that thing was so obvious in the 40X pic, in the IS pic and WF warned me just as they did you that it''s a beauitiful stone but that it is slightly visible. We all have different levels of sensitivity to clarity (and color of coarse
37.gif
) but that inclusion did not catch my eye unless I hunted for it. Now, my current SI2 is TRULY "eye clean". I would hate to tell you it didn''t bother me then to have it bother you, but like they told you, it''s white, not black. And in "normal" viewing conditions (i.e. NOT us PS''ers getting 2 inches away studying it" it was not noticable to me. At first I was a bit nervous and when my close friends were checking out my new stone I would say "Oh, yeah, I''m sure you see that inclusion under the table" but they *said* they didn''t see it.
1.gif
I was so impressed with the cut (AGS000 baby!) that I didn''t care that it wasn''t a 100% eye clean SI2. Oh, and I know you haved mentioned the color, but let me tell you, it was a very "white" J. I don''t really have anything to compare it to other than my previous H and current K, but the J was soooooooooooo much whiter than this K.
36.gif
So, what are you thinking? Gonna get it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results