shape
carat
color
clarity

Bye bye *J*, HELLO *K*!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!
30.gif

And you know what, I wonder if your memories of the J added to your mental worries about what the K would look like are causing your eyes to play tricks on you about the colour thing? Like Lynn said, she has J an K studs and couldn''t tell them apart, and I checked out G and J stones just a little while ago and couldn''t even tell them apart. Granted, I am no eagle eye color expert, but I DO know that expectations and mind set totally *color* perception. (get it? color
31.gif
I''m so funny). I am willing to bet if you were able to put your beloved J next to the new boy in town, Mr. K., you couldn''t tell the difference either. But seek and ye shall find color... I bet in a couple days you will be saying, "colour" what colour? I can''t even tell!" hee hee hee In the pics, I can''t even see any difference between big boy and his little friends in the peanut gallery (i.e., your eternity band), so it looks pretty good to me!

Yeah K
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DD
35.gif

PS: If you CAN see a difference and you don''t grow to love it, well, that''d the beauty of trade-ins, right?
2.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just love that style ring. How do you like it so far. Are you used to the K color yet? I bet after a few days looking at it, all you''ll see if how beautiful the stone is.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the moral support gals.
4.gif
The diamond is growing on me. Like my J, I''m seeing less of what I''m WORRIED about (YELLOW) and more of what matters (SPARKLE, FIRE, SIZE, BEAUTY).
2.gif
I do see a bit of a tint from the side in some lighting environments for sure. For some reason, in the car is the worst! But I can go other places, like the grocery store and see nothing.
40.gif
Thankfully my 6 prong head hides much of the side view at a glance. It faces up very white, but tilt it and look down at an angle and I see some warmth. It performs much differently than my old stone, so I''ve been enjoying the different views. I 99.9% sure I''m going to keep it. I was at a friend''s birthday party Saturday evening and my friend told me "it''s TOO big!". ha ha, I told her "you couldn''t have given me a nicer compliment.
3.gif
Another gal didn''t believe it was real and they all oooohed and aaaaahed over it. That made me feel good. I watched for any indication that they were seeing the "K" in it, but then again I was dealing with probably the least diamond educated group of friends I have.....I SURE wish I had done a side by side comparison with my old stone but oh well. Next time I will make the short trec to WF (I''m in TX) and look at them in person so I don''t second guess my decision so much from home. For future "mini-up-graders" I would like to say that a half a mm is visible.
36.gif
I don''t regret my decision, I just wish I had about $6k more to get the DREAM stone.........some day.......at which point it''ll be even MORE expensive.
37.gif
I hope to get some more good pics soon to share with you all.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 2:23:54 PM
Author: Jenn5504
Thanks for all the moral support gals.
4.gif
The diamond is growing on me. Like my J, I''m seeing less of what I''m WORRIED about (YELLOW) and more of what matters (SPARKLE, FIRE, SIZE, BEAUTY).
2.gif
I do see a bit of a tint from the side in some lighting environments for sure. For some reason, in the car is the worst! But I can go other places, like the grocery store and see nothing.
40.gif
Thankfully my 6 prong head hides much of the side view at a glance. It faces up very white, but tilt it and look down at an angle and I see some warmth. It performs much differently than my old stone, so I''ve been enjoying the different views. I 99.9% sure I''m going to keep it. I was at a friend''s birthday party Saturday evening and my friend told me ''it''s TOO big!''. ha ha, I told her ''you couldn''t have given me a nicer compliment.
3.gif
Another gal didn''t believe it was real and they all oooohed and aaaaahed over it. That made me feel good. I watched for any indication that they were seeing the ''K'' in it, but then again I was dealing with probably the least diamond educated group of friends I have.....I SURE wish I had done a side by side comparison with my old stone but oh well. Next time I will make the short trec to WF (I''m in TX) and look at them in person so I don''t second guess my decision so much from home. For future ''mini-up-graders'' I would like to say that a half a mm is visible.
36.gif
I don''t regret my decision, I just wish I had about $6k more to get the DREAM stone.........some day.......at which point it''ll be even MORE expensive.
37.gif
I hope to get some more good pics soon to share with you all.
Glad you''re loving the new stone! It looks great on your hand...and I''m sure, even better in person. BTW, I *really* love the profile of your setting!

I actually was wondering if a 0.5 mm difference in size was noticeable, so I''m glad to hear that it is. Enjoy your upgraded ring!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Jenn, I''m so glad you are feeling better about your new stone, and hopefully you will be at 100% soon!

And believe me, any slight hint of *COLOR* was the LAST thing on the minds of those gals who were oohing and ahhing over your diamond! They were probably mesmerized by what was likely the single most beautiful diamond they had ever seen IRL!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The masses in general do not know color, or clarity for that matter. And lord knows they don''t know cut! All they *notice* is size (and sparkle). And PS''ers have some of the most beautiful, well-cut stones "out there"... AND we keep ''em clean! What''s not to love?!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: when I upgraded I spent an entire weekend with my (old) G and my (new) J and I was surprised over and over again when the only TRULY noticeable difference was size, babeee, size!!!
31.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jenn, SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! It think it looks FAB!!! Now I want one tooo :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was out of town when you originally posted, but I''m glad I''m catching your ring now-it''s gorgeous! I''ve considered going for a J or K RB if I upgrade in the future and I am very impressed with how white your diamond looks in the photos! (I know photos aren''t totally representative of color, but WOW!)

I also like hearing your thoughts on color and how it becomes less apparent to you over time...interesting, but it totally makes sense! I''m a fixating type person, but once I get over something, it doesn''t ever bother me again!

Anyway, enough rambling-I really love your ring! The setting is really nice and it looks great with the eternity band. Oh, and happy birthday!

nicholerh

Rough_Rock
I don''t post much, but I gotta say that stone is beautiful. All I see is white, sparkle, and beautiful. I love the setting and wedding band too. Very lovely. You found a great stone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never in a million years would I have guessed that was a K! Gorgeous stone and I love the swoopy setting!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, and so white! I think that it looks just gorgeous, and so pretty with your band. You made a lovely choice!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I sent the ring back today. Not for good though.
2.gif
The head and prongs need some adjusting. I''m also having Brian, *THE MAN* at WF take a look at the stone and reassure me that it''s a K...........not an O or something.
37.gif
I know that a lab like GIA is NOT going to be OFF much if any of grading. But maybe I''ve got a K (that is a K no matter how you slice it) but is closer to and L than a J? Yes.........I''m neurotic! I just dropped it off at FedEx a few hours ago and am already having diamond withdrawls.
19.gif
WF is of coarse bending over backwards to make me 110% happy. THAT is what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about Whiteflash.
36.gif
I have no idea how long I''ll be without my ring. But I don''t like being without it. And my band is VERY lonely.
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:42:45 PM
2.gif
The head and prongs need some adjusting. I''m also having Brian, *THE MAN* at WF take a look at the stone and reassure me that it''s a K...........not an O or something.
37.gif
I know that a lab like GIA is NOT going to be OFF much if any of grading. But maybe I''ve got a K (that is a K no matter how you slice it) but is closer to and L than a J? Yes.........I''m neurotic! I just dropped it off at FedEx a few hours ago and am already having diamond withdrawls.
19.gif
WF is of coarse bending over backwards to make me 110% happy. THAT is what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about Whiteflash.
36.gif
I have no idea how long I''ll be without my ring. But I don''t like being without it. And my band is VERY lonely.
3.gif
You little tease! You skeeered me!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Well, I will be eagerly waiting to hear what Brian says about the color. Don''t forget to keep us posted!
And, oh, BTW, what needed done with the head and prongs? Details, girl, you KNOW we need details!!!
12.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Details for me tooooo :) I LOVE YOUR NEW DIAMOND :)

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
jenn, your upgrade looks fabulous! it does look huge on your finger.
36.gif
always a good thing!

i have an I stone and sometimes i "think" i see warmth in it, like yellow warmth, but i think it''s just the lighting or backdrop of colored walls or clothing or something that causes it. i know the stone doesn''t show yellow.

recently i was at my friend''s housewarming party and one of our friend''s just got engaged. she had a 1.3ct D VVS1 stone and was bragging about the color and clarity (bragging in a good way, not the snobby way
9.gif
). she decided to round up all of the married peeps'' rings and put them on her finger.

she had 5 e-rings on her finger. out of the 5 rings, there was a D, an E, two F''s, and my I. they went from room to room staring at the diamonds and no one, and i''m saying not a single person at the party could tell the difference.
31.gif
all of the stones were blazing white! i told them my diamond was an I at the end and they did not believe me at all...kekeke...
9.gif

all i''m saying is you had to do what you had to do to get your upgrade. heck i think i''ll be getting a J in my upgrade so i can get a larger stone! gotta love the size!!! kekeke...
9.gif

i''m sure if you''re comparing your stone to the real world peeps diamonds, your stone will out sparkle
10.gif
and out size ''em!

i hope you keep your stone. it looks to be a beauty! plus you can always upgrade again in the future! meanwhile enjoy this baby!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:26:40 PM
Author: Milly
jenn, your upgrade looks fabulous! it does look huge on your finger.
36.gif
always a good thing!

i have an I stone and sometimes i ''think'' i see warmth in it, like yellow warmth, but i think it''s just the lighting or backdrop of colored walls or clothing or something that causes it. i know the stone doesn''t show yellow.

recently i was at my friend''s housewarming party and one of our friend''s just got engaged. she had a 1.3ct D VVS1 stone and was bragging about the color and clarity (bragging in a good way, not the snobby way
9.gif
). she decided to round up all of the married peeps'' rings and put them on her finger.

she had 5 e-rings on her finger. out of the 5 rings, there was a D, an E, two F''s, and my I. they went from room to room staring at the diamonds and no one, and i''m saying not a single person at the party could tell the difference.
31.gif
all of the stones were blazing white! i told them my diamond was an I at the end and they did not believe me at all...kekeke...
9.gif

all i''m saying is you had to do what you had to do to get your upgrade. heck i think i''ll be getting a J in my upgrade so i can get a larger stone! gotta love the size!!! kekeke...
9.gif

i''m sure if you''re comparing your stone to the real world peeps diamonds, your stone will out sparkle
10.gif
and out size ''em!

i hope you keep your stone. it looks to be a beauty! plus you can always upgrade again in the future! meanwhile enjoy this baby!!!
Awww, Millie, thanks for your post. It made me feel better about my decision. I, too, think that at least SOME of the warmth I''m detecting is caused by ouside sources, not the stone. I mean, COME ON, how much MORE could I POSSIBLY be seeing in a K than my J. I must admit, that in MOST settings, I''m not getting the warm/yellow vibe that I''ve picked up in a couple of settings.......MY CAR for one. Ugh. If it''s sunny out I don''t see WHITE like I do indoors. Oh well. I made my bed, now I have to lie in it. But for me, being the size loving diamond obsessed person that I am, size won.
2.gif
ONE DAY, the J/SI2 2.5ish will come along.....hopefully.
40.gif
Thanks again for sharing your story!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 5:33:29 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 2/20/2008 3:42:45 PM
2.gif
37.gif
19.gif
36.gif
3.gif
You little tease! You skeeered me!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Well, I will be eagerly waiting to hear what Brian says about the color. Don''t forget to keep us posted!
And, oh, BTW, what needed done with the head and prongs? Details, girl, you KNOW we need details!!!
12.gif
I asked during the upgrade process for someone to give me their personal opinion on the color and it just got overlooked. I just want *THE MAN* to give me his opinion on the color so I can HOPEFULLY stop obsessing about it. I''d love to be working with GOG on this particular upgrade---Rhino seems to be quite the K pro.
1.gif
I love WF, don''t get me wrong.
36.gif

Ok, as for what needed to be done. Well. I asked for tiny pointed prong tips. I was wanting the prongs to ROUND up over the girdle then end in a point on top of the diamond. It turned out that they didn''t come to a point as much as they pointed up off the stone??? Hard to explain......I just wasn''t happy with the prongs but that was more of a communication issue I guess. Am I talking more about claw prongs or is that only when there are 2 together?? See, no wonder I didn''t get my point (......no pun intended......) across. I sent them a pic of Mara''s prongs for an example this time. I think hers are gorgeous. I just went an studied your prong tips (geez LOUISE, I have to fan myself every time I see a pic of your ring. I start to hear birds chirping and the ocean rolling in when I look at your ring
30.gif
) and they are very pretty. I might need to send them a pic of yours, too. I like them rounded at the girdle, not POINTED there. Ugh, does that make ANY sense???

Ok, then for the head...it''s a bit crooked. I didn''t say anything here about it because I know WF will take care of it, they always make right on any issue. It''s hard to describe, I can''t even tell you exactly what needs to be fixed. But when you hold the ring up to look at the profile, the head/diamond (not sure which or both
40.gif
) tilt to one side. Flip it around and it tilts to the other side. I had the most HORRIBLE quality setting and wedding band (....from Jared''s......) for the first 6 years I was engaged/married. Believe me, I went ROUND and ROUND with them all throughout those 6 years trying to get just the head/prongs right on my princess cut. EVERYTHING about those settings was screwed up looking. So, now...........I''m just SUPER anal. I can''t look at a crooked head for the next 4 years......(
31.gif
isn''t the theory that if you believe something long enough it will happen?? 4 years from now will be my 10 year wedding anniversary.)

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 5:36:15 PM
Author: woobug02
Details for me tooooo :) I LOVE YOUR NEW DIAMOND :)
Woo, your aviator threw me, I forgot about that gorgeous baubble of yours!
1.gif
Thanks for rooting this new diamond on........
4.gif
I''m trying to fall in love with it, I am. I swear, if the cert said J I''d be IN LOVE.
2.gif
I know I bought a K. I know. And I''m ok with it. Just retraining my brain.
17.gif

So, tell me how much you love your wrap???? I want someone to do a pear shaped diamond one on our ring so I can see it! I''d love to have that to throw into the mix. How well does the wrap sit with your wedding band?

Oh, speaking of wedding bands, another thing I do love about the new stone is that half a mm I gained is balancing out my eternity band stone size a little better. It''s just a smidge big still, not as much. As I have said before though, I bought the eternity band in hopes of having a 2+ ct. stone so I think I''m on the right track.
2.gif
I did lose quite a bit in the "flush fit" department with this updgrade though. New larger head on the ring along with thinning down the band a bit. Oh well. It was pretty crazy how well my band sat with the ring with my old J though.
37.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo Jenn, I am loving my wrap! It is fun and it just fits perfect. I too want a diamond one and am hoping I will be able to get one sooner than later...........but would love a bigger center too...To many wants, to little money :) I HIGHLY Recommend the wrap. It just gives you that extra WOW when you want it.... I LOVE YOUR NEW STONE ............but I you have to be happy!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Jenn, what is going on with your diamond???????????????????????????? I am worried about you
face23.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jenn! I''m late to your thread (sorry) but I wanted to chime in first to say Congrats on your upgrate but also to say WOWZAs on the ring. I''m glad you''ve gone back to WF, who will as you said ''make good'' on everything. I heart them too.

Now, here''s my question. I didnt see any comments on the flourescents. Did you notice the flour at all? I know you were concerned about the color, but I''m curious to know how a K with Flour appears as opposed to without flourescents.

:) I''m just gonna throw hearts all over your upgrade. sigh. one day I''ll get to do this too!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Jenn, I was out of town when you posted this and then was sick the entire following week, so I missed it! I just wanted to say how beautiful your rings look and that I hope you are feeling better about the color! It looks like a gorgeous stone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, I am late returning to this thread, but I thritto in hoping all is ok, that diamond is TDF for sure!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my PS friends! Well, I finally have my ring back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got it yesterday. I''m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo incredibly glad I sent it back. The new head is EXACTLY what I always wanted. I LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Much more than the previous head, and much MUCH more than the head I got on this K the first go round. WF never ceases to amaze me. They aren''t PERFECT 100% of the time, but on the RARE occasion where a mistake is made (....in this case, the head was a little off) they SURE do go above and beyond to fix it. Ok, it''s cloudy, rainy and yucky here in TX so I''m not sure if I''ll be able to get very good pics. I''ll start with the WF pics. If I knew how to do one of those side-by-side jobbies I would LOVE to post a side by side comparison of the first K head to this one. It''s a huge difference. This head is so swoopy, and cuppy (what terrible adjectives I''m coming up with......) it''s hard to put into words but it just looks so smooth and fluid and beautiful! This time I sent them a pic of Mara''s GoRgEoUs perfect ring for the prong inspiration and that seemed to help a LOT. Anyhow, I''m RAMBLING (as usual...) but I''m just super thrilled with the outcome. The process took much longer than I expected or wanted, but it was finally worth it. I had to celebrate my 30th without my b-day upgrade but it''s here now and I''m very pleased.
36.gif
Ok, going to pop the rings into the ultrasonic and then TRY to get some good pics for you!

JenniferOwens_0304resizedfirsttime.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OMG I''m wearing out my refresh button in anticipation!!! HURRY UP lady~! hahahahaha. Cannot wait to see this!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
YEA!!! I am waitng for the photos :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
ooh- what a beauty! can''t wait to see hand shots.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
You all are not going to like this, but I just can''t seem to get ANY good pics! I''ll try some more later.....just didn''t want you to think I threw out a teaser then didn''t follow up with pics. I am trying.
5.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Jenn, I did before and after pics for ya, but it''s kinda hard to see the deails at this size
7.gif

JenniferOwens1.82KSI2beforeafter.JPG

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Metro, you''re so sweet! Thanks! Yeah, it is hard to tell with the pics being small........I can see the difference in the right pics, but not sure if anyone else can. I''ll keep working on pics (........when the house-on-the-market and 3.5 and 1.5 years old kids will allow....)

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, your ring is so beautiful. I really really love it and if you remember, I am THE most neurotic person about color. I see color in Gs all the time, if you can believe that. But I am being honest in saying that your K looks perfectly white and icy. I''m so glad you got the head fixed just right. I actually have a BIG b-day coming up in Sept of this year :( but I am sad to say I will not be getting any pretty upgrades like this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results