shape
carat
color
clarity

Bye bye *J*, HELLO *K*!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks incredible!!! Honestly - even the profile pics have that stone looking white white white!!!

I think it looks amazing and it looks alive on your hand! Congrats!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!! It's cool that you say you like the personality of the K--I think it has loads of personality plus sheer beauty and SIZE! Yay! (of course I'm biased because I have a K) really though, it's stunning on you!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your new ring came out just great! and I appreciate the slightly more petite prongs too. I love the shape of the head too. It looks like a definite keeper to me, but you wear it and "live" with it for a few days and see if you don''t fall in love with it. My guess is.... you will!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1.77RB K, and I can usually spot other K''s quite easily now. They are just warmer. But without at doubt, NONE of your pictures show any tint at all! Honestly. You are going to be your harshest critic. I know I am. I''m constantly saying "Does this look yellow to you?" to my family. They think I''m nuts. I get my daughter to put it on. Wow! What was I thinking??? It may take some time for you to get used to it, and there might be some common lighting situations where it doesn''t show it''s best behaviour, but that is one gorgeous diamond! If you want to feel good about your purchase, visit the lighting display in Home Depot!!
31.gif

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is WOW..
30.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 5:39:12 PM
Author: Lynn B
OK, come over here so I can slap some sense into you!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
NO need to second guess that stone, girlfriend, it is gorgeous
30.gif
and HUMONGOUS! Looks like 2 carats on your hand! I SWEAR! And looks blazingly white to me! No one, repeat after me, NO ONE is gonna notice any *warmth* at all... I promise! Think about it -- before you found PS did you even give diamond colors more than a cursory thought as one of the obscure ''C''s?!!! Most people do not. They only know and see sparkle and SIZE, BABEEEE, size!
31.gif
And I dunno if it''s the thinner band, or just the edge-to-edge killer sparkle of that stone (or did you have finger lipo?!) but that diamond looks WAAAAAAY BIGGER to me!!!
36.gif

A killer, totally eyeclean K/SI2 in an AWESOME size! ***Whoa, whatta find!*** I say it''s PERFECT and I hope you wear it proudly and happily. Maybe someday when you upgrade again, you''ll decide to go back to a ''J'', and hey, that''s OK. But maybe not, too! Who knows?!

DANG, it''s BEEEE-A-U-TIFUL!!!! Yum and double YUM! Congrats!
Lynn B, you are so sweet.
4.gif
I''m going to make you split a "best friends" necklace with me for making my day with that post.
9.gif
2.gif
Seriously, you have to be about the most genuine and kind person on these boards. You have THE prettiest ring on these boards IMO, so your opinion on my new stone really means a lot.
4.gif
I REALLY hope I can get real about how this stone looks and stop obsessing over the letter "K" which I sought out!
37.gif
It''s warm. It is. But it IS beautiful, too. Hubby got home to see it and said "It IS bigger!". That was nice to hear!
36.gif
Since that was the point. My J was an AGS0, so fabulous. But I swear, something about the cut of it just didn''t make my heart sing like I hear people say on here. There is obviously a wide range of combinations that can create a technically killer cut stone, and I think I''ve found a cut combo now that I do personally like better. This stone falls within AGS0 guidelines, but it''s not like my J. I''m rambling. Thanks again for your kind words.
1.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is, quite simply, gorgeous.
1.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your eyes are playing tricks on you - it looks white ... white.....WHITE!!! It looks gorgeous and classy and clean and white as can be. JUst enjoy every minute wearing it! Stop second guessing yourself - it''s to die for!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
I'm amazed at the whiteness of it in those pics -- and I consider myself to be rather color sensitive! Remember, too, that right now you are looking for warmth - because you don't want to see it. I suspect anyone else would just see a larger, sparkly, gorgeous diamond! It looks just beautiful (and flat-out BIG) in the pictures!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 11:11:59 PM
Author: motownmama
Your eyes are playing tricks on you - it looks white ... white.....WHITE!!! It looks gorgeous and classy and clean and white as can be. JUst enjoy every minute wearing it! Stop second guessing yourself - it''s to die for!
Awwwww, motownmama, thank you.
5.gif
I''m TRYING to get over my worries with this stone. It really does sing to me performance wise......

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful! As an owner of an H and M, I think a beautifully cut K is a real sweet spot where you can get more bling for your buck. I hope you get used to the warmth. If not pass it this way!!! And it looks huge to me! By the way, tell us about your diamond band. Is it from WF? What size are the stones. Full eternity? It looks perfect with your ering.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is AWESOME!!
30.gif
30.gif
Really, it looks amazing on your hand and not even a little warm, let alone yellow! I put your pics next to pics of my G, and I honestly can''t see any difference. Granted the lighting is not exactly the same, but who cares??? You have a HUGE and fantastically beautiful rock on your finger!
36.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Jenn, I can''t see ANY color in those pics! are you kidding? I think the fact that it sings to you performance wise is really important. I have an E VS2 at the moment and you know what makes me smile? My teeny tiny J from WF! Something about the cut just appeals to me so much, even though I thought I wanted the colorless stone. (Also from WF and an ES, but somehow the angles just don''t do it for me)

So what I am trying to say is color schmolor! The way it talks to you is at least as important I think. See how you go and you know you can always upgrade in the future!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Honey, it''s just beautiful! Maybe when you upgrade to that J/SI2 I will snatch up your K! hehe
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh Jen I love it!! I think it looks gorgeous. Just wait, it''s going to grow on you! I know you''ll see tomorrow that there are so many times that it is blindingly white. If the sun is shining tomorrow, go sit under a tree and stare at your ring. Rainbows will fly. That should get you too! Oh, I hope you fall in love with it! I think you are so lucky. It looks huge on your finger. Lucky girl!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 11:47:32 PM
Author: swingirl
I think your ring is beautiful! As an owner of an H and M, I think a beautifully cut K is a real sweet spot where you can get more bling for your buck. I hope you get used to the warmth. If not pass it this way!!! And it looks huge to me! By the way, tell us about your diamond band. Is it from WF? What size are the stones. Full eternity? It looks perfect with your ering.
Thanks, swingirl for the kind words. The band is from Signed Pieces. 1.68ctw full eternity G-H color stones. Size 4.75 I ordered a 6 pointer but when I do the match on 22 stones totaling 1.68 I get 0.7636.
40.gif
So, I guess it''s more like 7 pointers? I''ve been very pleased with the quality of this band. I would have loved a memoire but the price was just too much for me to justify. I chose this size range of band looking ahead to a 2+ carat ring. To me this "up"grade is already a little more balanced size wise with the band. So that''s good.
2.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 3:16:04 AM
Author: sunkist
Oh Jen I love it!! I think it looks gorgeous. Just wait, it''s going to grow on you! I know you''ll see tomorrow that there are so many times that it is blindingly white. If the sun is shining tomorrow, go sit under a tree and stare at your ring. Rainbows will fly. That should get you too! Oh, I hope you fall in love with it! I think you are so lucky. It looks huge on your finger. Lucky girl!
Hopefully you''re right, Sunkist. I just don''t have any way of knowing if this is how all K''s are or if I''ve got a LOW K (still a K, I know!) but my fear is....is is a L??? I don''t know. I''m over thinking it alll. Do you find that yours shows some warmth in certin situations? I had plenty of "oooh, ahhh" moments yesterday with the ring yesterday, where the warmth wasn''t apparant to me. But then plenty where it was.
40.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I think it is stunning!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I too think you upgrade is simply stunning! I mean, really - that stone is HUGE. It looks very like it''s full and life and fire and it looks nice and white to me! Your really got a winner - a great K and SI2 to boot! YO GO GIRL!
36.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOO Jenn, was out of touch last night :) Thought of you often!!! I truly LOVE YOUR NEW STONE!!! I too think it has major personility
emteeth.gif
Hang in there and give it a few days... I was really impressed at how well it went with your eternity band....New stone looks as white as the stones in your eternity band!!! Soooooo happy for you

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful diamond with a great personality. I love all shades of white, yellow and brown diamonds, and a K is simply a wonderful sweet spot. Why people pay thousands of $$$ more for nearly invisible differences in shades of white is beyond me. But, it''s great for those who are willing to take advantage of the market. Personally, I''m past the age where I really look good in blinding white anyway. Soft white works soooooo much better.

Enjoy. I hope you keep that upgrade! So beautiful!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 10:22:03 AM
Author: woobug02
WOOOOOOOO Jenn, was out of touch last night :) Thought of you often!!! I truly LOVE YOUR NEW STONE!!! I too think it has major personility
emteeth.gif
Hang in there and give it a few days... I was really impressed at how well it went with your eternity band....New stone looks as white as the stones in your eternity band!!! Soooooo happy for you
Hey, woo! You know..........it''s funny you mention the stone compared to the eternity band stones.....just this morning I was looking at it in the bathroom going "UGH, WARM!" and then realized............the G-H eternity band stones weren''t much different. It''s definately warmer than my J was. Hands down. But I feel like I might be coming around on appreciating this stone in it''s own right. It''s bigger. I can tell a difference and that makes me happy. And that was the main point of this crazy decision. And I keep talking about it''s "personality". It''s a very different stone than the J was. I like something more about this one in that aspect but can''t figure out exactly what it is. I wish I could have spent some time with the 2 together........but it just wasn''t possible. I didn''t feel that getting this one loose would have REALLY given me a good comparison. I need APPLES to APPLES, so either both set or both loose and that just wasn''t an easy option.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 10:09:59 AM
Author: metro
I too think you upgrade is simply stunning! I mean, really - that stone is HUGE. It looks very like it''s full and life and fire and it looks nice and white to me! Your really got a winner - a great K and SI2 to boot! YO GO GIRL!
36.gif
4.gif
Thanks, metro. You''re so sweet.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 10:30:44 AM
Author: Fly Girl
That is a beautiful diamond with a great personality. I love all shades of white, yellow and brown diamonds, and a K is simply a wonderful sweet spot. Why people pay thousands of $$$ more for nearly invisible differences in shades of white is beyond me. But, it''s great for those who are willing to take advantage of the market. Personally, I''m past the age where I really look good in blinding white anyway. Soft white works soooooo much better.

Enjoy. I hope you keep that upgrade! So beautiful!
36.gif
Oooh, thanks Fly Girl. I agree, there are beautiful traits in all the color ranges.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh its sooo pretty and it looks so white
30.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 8:44:15 AM
Author: Jenn5504
Date: 2/15/2008 3:16:04 AM

Author: sunkist

Hopefully you''re right, Sunkist. I just don''t have any way of knowing if this is how all K''s are or if I''ve got a LOW K (still a K, I know!) but my fear is....is is a L??? I don''t know. I''m over thinking it alll. Do you find that yours shows some warmth in certin situations? I had plenty of ''oooh, ahhh'' moments yesterday with the ring yesterday, where the warmth wasn''t apparant to me. But then plenty where it was.
40.gif
I wish we could get together and look at our Ks together! I''ve always wanted to see other Ks too. When I was looking for a stone I went into a jewelry shop one time and asked if they had any Js or Ks that I could see. I got the weirdest looks!
20.gif
haha! I''ll never do that again. I''m going to keep an eye on my stone today and see how often I actually notice warmth. Most of the day I''m in the office so it''s the basic flourecent lighting overhead look... What kind of lighting are you in most of the day?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! It looks huge on you too! I''ve always loved your set!
30.gif
I hope you love it as much as your pervious J. It definitely looks larger and that''s a good thing!
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 9:39:24 PM
Author: Jenn5504

Lynn B, you are so sweet.
4.gif
I''m going to make you split a ''best friends'' necklace with me for making my day with that post.
9.gif
2.gif
Seriously, you have to be about the most genuine and kind person on these boards. You have THE prettiest ring on these boards IMO, so your opinion on my new stone really means a lot.
4.gif
I REALLY hope I can get real about how this stone looks and stop obsessing over the letter ''K'' which I sought out!
37.gif
It''s warm. It is. But it IS beautiful, too. Hubby got home to see it and said ''It IS bigger!''. That was nice to hear!
36.gif
Since that was the point. My J was an AGS0, so fabulous. But I swear, something about the cut of it just didn''t make my heart sing like I hear people say on here. There is obviously a wide range of combinations that can create a technically killer cut stone, and I think I''ve found a cut combo now that I do personally like better. This stone falls within AGS0 guidelines, but it''s not like my J. I''m rambling. Thanks again for your kind words.
1.gif
Jenn,

How are you feeling about it today? I''ve been thinking about you!

Now, when you talk about seeing more warmth than in your "J", do you mean more creaminess... or do you feel like you are starting to see actual *yellow*? That would probably be a deal-breaker for me (noticeable yellow) but honestly, I am not seeing any whiff of that in those pictures you posted! All I am seeing is size and sparkle!

Honestly, I have never seen a well-cut K stone in that size IRL, but when I had my first pair of studs (approximately .45 each, one a J and one a K, both AGS-0) and I could never tell them apart! Not in ANY lighting environment, no matter how hard I tried. So when I upgraded, I looked for (and found) two killer K stones. They are approximately .75 each, and again, both AGS-0. And I wondered if I would see any difference in warmth now that I had increased size... still *NO!* Honestly, those bad boys are white/white/white.

I wish I could see your beautiful ring in person! I know I would LOVE it.
30.gif
I hope you can come to adore and appreciate it for the stunning, gorgeous stone that it is. And in a few years (give or take
12.gif
) if you still want to, you can always upgrade again!
28.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jenn, just checking in back at the end of the day to report
2.gif
I kept an eye for color in my K all day today and I must say, I don''t see color from the top. Like Lynn just said above, sometimes I do notice a creaminess. I like to think of it as antique lace. If I pay attention to the sides of my stone now that it''s set, I remember once or twice since I''ve worn it this past year thinking I could see color. But who ever pays attention to the sides of your ring?!
3.gif
I must admit, this is the first diamond I''ve ever worn on my finger, or anywhere else on my body... so I don''t have experience with other colors. But I love my stone, and I would get another K (with an upgrade of size of course
31.gif
) if I had the chance.

Are you getting used it today? Falling in love??

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
That is such a white K and it looks just amazing!!! WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results