shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg I received my ring from Tianyu a few days ago and noticed right away that it was wonky looking. I had noticed it before they sent it out and told them it needed to be fixed. They claimed that their metalsmith fixed it before sending it out. Obviously there is an issue. Tianyu denies that there is an issue and as of right now is refusing to do anything for me. I have sent them pictures. I’m trying to figure out if the issue is with the setting or with the cutting of the stone. Obviously the prongs are off and the stone is set crooked in comparison to the band. Let me know what you guys see

It is the stone that is not symmetrical, therefore affecting the claw position and overall look of the ring. Send it back.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1A3996A9-1340-4F6F-9A4A-A3E1A2A03E1A.jpeg AFCE222B-9FBD-4880-8868-D6E7C972B969.jpeg A61C40CD-E6D2-421F-BD8F-80F99C1A04B9.jpeg FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg I received my ring from Tianyu a few days ago and noticed right away that it was wonky looking. I had noticed it before they sent it out and told them it needed to be fixed. They claimed that their metalsmith fixed it before sending it out. Obviously there is an issue. Tianyu denies that there is an issue and as of right now is refusing to do anything for me. I have sent them pictures. I’m trying to figure out if the issue is with the setting or with the cutting of the stone. Obviously the prongs are off and the stone is set crooked in comparison to the band. Let me know what you guys see

@Mjay - I’m not an expert but can still see how wonky the whole thing is. I’m so sorry and hope Tiyanu does the right thing and allows you to return it

Blingmeup1688

Rough_Rock
1A3996A9-1340-4F6F-9A4A-A3E1A2A03E1A.jpeg AFCE222B-9FBD-4880-8868-D6E7C972B969.jpeg A61C40CD-E6D2-421F-BD8F-80F99C1A04B9.jpeg FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg I received my ring from Tianyu a few days ago and noticed right away that it was wonky looking. I had noticed it before they sent it out and told them it needed to be fixed. They claimed that their metalsmith fixed it before sending it out. Obviously there is an issue. Tianyu denies that there is an issue and as of right now is refusing to do anything for me. I have sent them pictures. I’m trying to figure out if the issue is with the setting or with the cutting of the stone. Obviously the prongs are off and the stone is set crooked in comparison to the band. Let me know what you guys see

Oh no! Did you pay with Alibaba trade assurance? If you did, they have quality protection.

Maybe you can take it to a local jeweler and have them reset the stone and see if Tianyu will reimburse you for that. It shouldn't cost that much.

Screenshot_20181123-195558_Alibabacom.jpg

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! Did you pay with Alibaba trade assurance? If you did, they have quality protection.

Maybe you can take it to a local jeweler and have them reset the stone and see if Tianyu will reimburse you for that. It shouldn't cost that much.

Screenshot_20181123-195558_Alibabacom.jpg
I’m currently trying to file a claim as tiyanu denies that there is anything wrong with the ring

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay - I’m not an expert but can still see how wonky the whole thing is. I’m so sorry and hope Tiyanu does the right thing and allows you to return it
They are refusing my return

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing about this looks right to me from your pics. The one prong is clearly off and the cut looks completely wonky. See if these pics help them understand.

image1.jpeg

image1 copy.jpg
Thank you! I sent them these photos. They still won’t do anything about it.

Slyther-in

Rough_Rock
2D589C8E-22D7-48B0-80A1-DA251839B3AE.jpeg 161816FC-E446-4611-8478-D8D13CD95EF4.jpeg 9958A1C1-B7B1-423E-8294-91D287935F55.jpeg

My ring got here today. I’m so in love with how it turned out. And I’m so impressed with how quick this process was. Less than 2 weeks from when I first reached out. I’m going to get the prongs checked later today, most likely. They did forget to send me some the side stones just in case any of them fall out.

Last edited:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8FD9B622-3A8B-4C92-B0FB-0FAA54ED9A1C.jpeg BD28DC7E-431E-4F0B-AFB1-5D04B03CB0D2.jpeg I purchased this beauty from @mrsgreeneyes a few weeks ago. It’s finally resized and on my finger. I’m typically a yellow gold gal but I wanted a solitaire to go with a preloved Tiffany diamond band my husband and I picked up a few years ago that I usually wear on its own when a white metal better matches my outfit or mood. I saw the listing for this solitaire and it was love at first sight. And the same thing happened when I picked it up today. It’s dark and rainy here so inside pictures with bad lighting will have to do. I have a spacer band that I’ll probably wear with it.

The cut on this stone is beautiful and the craftsmanship of the ring excellent. I previously purchased a slightly smaller OEC moissanite from Tiyanu (I had it put in a setting I already had) that looks good and I’m happy with it but this one is superior. I also have an ACC that Im selling (I t’s so pretty but just not for me when I received it) and that stone is so gorgeous and the craftsmanship of the ring great, too.

I’m sorry to read of the folks having less than stellar results with Tiyanu. Aside from a few communication issues, I’ve been very happy with the two purchases I’ve made directly and with the quality of the item purchased pre-loved.

Thanks @mrsgreeneyes!!! =)2

Last edited:

lovelylovelylife

Rough_Rock
I’m working with Annabella
Ugh that sucks! I’m sorry! I had gotten a ring I was less than happy with & I sent it back to be remade. I worked with Sophia though. She’s been helpful but the return and the re-make is taking quite a long time. But I guess it is what it is to get the ring made properly. They paid for half of the re-make fee and I had to pay for the shipping both ways. But I figured overall I will hopefully have a piece of jewelry to last my life time I hope!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
8FD9B622-3A8B-4C92-B0FB-0FAA54ED9A1C.jpeg BD28DC7E-431E-4F0B-AFB1-5D04B03CB0D2.jpeg I purchased this beauty from @mrsgreeneyes a few weeks ago. It’s finally resized and on my finger. I’m typically a yellow gold gal but I wanted a solitaire to go with a preloved Tiffany diamond band my husband and I picked up a few years ago that I usually wear on its own when a white metal better matches my outfit or mood. I saw the listing for this solitaire and it was love at first sight. And the same thing happened when I picked it up today. It’s dark and rainy here so inside pictures with bad lighting will have to do. I have a spacer band that I’ll probably wear with it.

The cut on this stone is beautiful and the craftsmanship of the ring excellent. I previously purchased a slightly smaller OEC moissanite from Tiyanu (I had it put in a setting I already had) that looks good and I’m happy with it but this one is superior. I also have an ACC that Im selling (I t’s so pretty but just not for me when I received it) and that stone is so gorgeous and the craftsmanship of the ring great, too.

I’m sorry to read of the folks having less than stellar results with Tiyanu. Aside from a few communication issues, I’ve been very happy with the two purchases I’ve made directly and with the quality of the item purchased pre-loved.

Thanks @mrsgreeneyes!!! =)2
I'm so happy you love it! It looks beautiful paired with your band. :kiss2:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m working with Annabella
If you're willing, I would ask to speak with Emily to get this resolved. They either need to remake the ring with a new stone, or refund you. I'm so sorry you're getting the run-around. Not cool.

hyperlactemiac

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking here for a bit and have finally startes the process of ordering my own custom ring from Tianyu! I've found all of your posts very helpful through this, so thought I'd add my experience for future newbies like me. After some much appreciated help from @mrsgreeneyes through reddit, I contacted Emily directly first and was forwarded to Ella. I had settled on a design inspired by this ring, but in rose gold:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgJ3pLjlQ1_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qtrmj5j8chmd

rose gold with claws.jpg

To begin with I was unsure of whether to go with a 9*7mm center stone (which was the standard on my inspiration ring) or if I should size down to 8,5*6mm for my size 5 fingers. Ella was very helpful an suggested that the smaller size would probably be best, and I totally agree! I drew up the "stone" with the measurements on my finger, and am very pleased that I went for the smaller size in a DEF color. Further, she helped me settle on tapered baguettes of the size 4*3*2 (L, TW, BW) also DEFs. Today I received a mail with a picture and a video clip of the baguettes, asking me to confirm that these were to my satisfaction:

QQ图片20181126175635.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out a good way to upload the video and the website seems to ruin the quality of the image slightly. BUT, all in all the stones looked beautiful in the video, so far I'm very positive! What do you all experienced ladies think, though?

I'll update as things move along, so far I'm very impressed. First contact was on Saturday, I received the invoice on Sunday, the pictures of the baguettes today and was told my CAD should be ready tomorrow. :kiss2:

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I've been lurking here for a bit and have finally startes the process of ordering my own custom ring from Tianyu! I've found all of your posts very helpful through this, so thought I'd add my experience for future newbies like me. After some much appreciated help from @mrsgreeneyes through reddit, I contacted Emily directly first and was forwarded to Ella. I had settled on a design inspired by this ring, but in rose gold:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgJ3pLjlQ1_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qtrmj5j8chmd

rose gold with claws.jpg

To begin with I was unsure of whether to go with a 9*7mm center stone (which was the standard on my inspiration ring) or if I should size down to 8,5*6mm for my size 5 fingers. Ella was very helpful an suggested that the smaller size would probably be best, and I totally agree! I drew up the "stone" with the measurements on my finger, and am very pleased that I went for the smaller size in a DEF color. Further, she helped me settle on tapered baguettes of the size 4*3*2 (L, TW, BW) also DEFs. Today I received a mail with a picture and a video clip of the baguettes, asking me to confirm that these were to my satisfaction:

QQ图片20181126175635.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out a good way to upload the video and the website seems to ruin the quality of the image slightly. BUT, all in all the stones looked beautiful in the video, so far I'm very positive! What do you all experienced ladies think, though?

I'll update as things move along, so far I'm very impressed. First contact was on Saturday, I received the invoice on Sunday, the pictures of the baguettes today and was told my CAD should be ready tomorrow. :kiss2:

Such a beautiful ring. I too am waiting on my CAD for my emerald cut ring with traps. This will be my third ring from Tianyu. I already have a real diamond engagement ring which I absolutely love, but I also love changing it up with my jewelry. Can’t wait to see your ring! Be sure to post pictures!!!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

rose gold with claws.jpg

QQ图片20181126175635.jpg

This looks beautiful! I’ve always coveted a ring like this. Can’t wait to see how this turns out!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium

rose gold with claws.jpg

QQ图片20181126175635.jpg

I love these classic HW settings! Can't wait to see this one! :kiss2:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock

rose gold with claws.jpg

QQ图片20181126175635.jpg

One of my favorite emerald cut designs I'm dying to see your photos!!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
DD4F2347-DE27-4814-9E34-84E3B7527DC9.png

I finally got my CAD revision with the claw prongs. I’m having a custom OEC set, & think I’m finally ready to pull the trigger. I wanted to get one last opinion from the experts here before giving it the go-ahead. Do you think this looks balanced? Thanks!!

lovelylovelylife

Rough_Rock
E12CAE17-3B83-4AC5-9EF8-6C329D257F1E.jpeg
Good morning everyone I’m getting my ring shipped out by Tianyu tomorrow. I’m hoping this whole process will be over soon. After having the ring remade I think I’m finally happy with the end product. I just need to see it in real life or believe it now!

Attachments

• A2E32502-4C44-4779-B016-1D0750E35A57.jpeg
    A2E32502-4C44-4779-B016-1D0750E35A57.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 17

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
DD4F2347-DE27-4814-9E34-84E3B7527DC9.png

I finally got my CAD revision with the claw prongs. I’m having a custom OEC set, & think I’m finally ready to pull the trigger. I wanted to get one last opinion from the experts here before giving it the go-ahead. Do you think this looks balanced? Thanks!!

Looks beautiful!

hyperlactemiac

Rough_Rock
E12CAE17-3B83-4AC5-9EF8-6C329D257F1E.jpeg
Good morning everyone I’m getting my ring shipped out by Tianyu tomorrow. I’m hoping this whole process will be over soon. After having the ring remade I think I’m finally happy with the end product. I just need to see it in real life or believe it now!

Ooh this looks very beautiful! Hoping it’s everything you wanted once it arrives!

hyperlactemiac

Rough_Rock
Got my CAD early this morning as promised.

7AEDC7DF-37E5-4898-A5A1-7889C44F4152.png
I LOVE it!! Now we wait... Ella said the production of the two rings (mine and SO’s engagement/wedding band) would take 7-10 days and she will send pictures and videos once they are done. Ahhh, I can’t wait now! What do you guys think about the CADs? They look brilliant to me but I am no expert and would love your input. :)

hyperlactemiac

Rough_Rock
Such a beautiful ring. I too am waiting on my CAD for my emerald cut ring with traps. This will be my third ring from Tianyu. I already have a real diamond engagement ring which I absolutely love, but I also love changing it up with my jewelry. Can’t wait to see your ring! Be sure to post pictures!!!

I would love to see once you get your CAD (and the actual ring)! Emerald has quickly become my favoritter cut, especially in three stone settings. :kiss2:

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see once you get your CAD (and the actual ring)! Emerald has quickly become my favoritter cut, especially in three stone settings. :kiss2:

Absolutely - I will share once received. I too love emerald cuts and I’ve always wanted an emerald with traps. I think they’re understated and classic. So I think this will hit the spot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results