shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
=)2 I thought they did a good job on it as well. I think I am going with platinum because I love the weight of it on my hand. Yellow looks ok on me but it stands out more than rose. And usually I want 18k rose and not 14k. Softer color.

This is just like your band correct? Except yours will be in Platinum..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-84-Ct-14...56:m:mgboE1z-Q8b7TQ1hE5APYrw&var=640626923979

Just happened to run across this and immediately thought about your ring!=)2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
CB31E13C-665D-46C8-ADEC-71F5500D2805.jpeg

It’s beautiful!

Is it just me or is this prong sticking up?

I did notice that but I have learned that pictures can sometimes be deceiving. I had already ok’d it to be sent so there wasn’t much to be done. I might have to get a jeweler to fix it if it is sticking up. I am mostly worried about liking the cut....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did notice that but I have learned that pictures can sometimes be deceiving. I had already ok’d it to be sent so there wasn’t much to be done. I might have to get a jeweler to fix it if it is sticking up. I am mostly worried about liking the cut....

I’m sure it’s an easy fix for your local jeweller. The cut looks pretty. I hope you love it. How long do you have to wait for delivery?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sure it’s an easy fix for your local jeweller. The cut looks pretty. I hope you love it. How long do you have to wait for delivery?
I have ordered a few now and have been pretty happy. You don’t get the same level of detail but they are good deals for the money. I have always received the ring within 3 days (minus Sunday’s). Since we have a long weekend coming up, it looks like I will get it on Tuesday....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have ordered a few now and have been pretty happy. You don’t get the same level of detail but they are good deals for the money. I have always received the ring within 3 days (minus Sunday’s). Since we have a long weekend coming up, it looks like I will get it on Tuesday....

I always hate it when my stuff is being shipped over a weekend. I obsess over the tracking to see how close it is lol

coffeedonutcake

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ordered an emerald cut moissanite from Tian Yu before?

I've always liked step cut diamond but don't have the fund for another diamond this year. For a couple months I've been toying with the idea of getting a emerald cut moissy ring as a fun ring. August Vintage Company are selling emerald cut moissanite but I find myself leaning toward a more modern emerald cut (more rectangular shaped, smaller windmill, etc.).

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I always hate it when my stuff is being shipped over a weekend. I obsess over the tracking to see how close it is lol

Glad I'm not the only one that checks tracking every 20 minutes even though I know it's states away. LOL! I'm always hoping it's a glitch and it will magically appear in my mailbox days early. I'm a little OCD though. That's why I love Amazon Prime!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad I'm not the only one that checks tracking every 20 minutes even though I know it's states away. LOL! I'm always hoping it's a glitch and it will magically appear in my mailbox days early. I'm a little OCD though. That's why I love Amazon Prime!!!

Me too!!!!! I’m all about the next day shipping! :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too!!!!! I’m all about the next day shipping! :bigsmile:

OMG I am so spoiled by amazon prime. DH and I just ordered a replacement fan for the one in our bedroom, and it was out of stock on amazon so we went to home depot's website. It said it will come sept 10th and I said, "OMG IT'S NEVER GOING TO GET HERE!" before I realized how horrible and 1st world problems that sounds. But definitely Amazon changed my entire view on how long shipping 'should' take.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ordered an emerald cut moissanite from Tian Yu before?

I've always liked step cut diamond but don't have the fund for another diamond this year. For a couple months I've been toying with the idea of getting a emerald cut moissy ring as a fun ring. August Vintage Company are selling emerald cut moissanite but I find myself leaning toward a more modern emerald cut (more rectangular shaped, smaller windmill, etc.).
I bought one from Starsgem which is a company similar to Tianyu. I am not sure if it counts as a more modern cut. It is an 11x9. Both companies will cut something for you to your specifications. You just need to be very specific and include pictures of exactly what you are looking for.

D9E20A27-10D2-4DD1-9F31-88C8E58C59A7.jpeg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I am so spoiled by amazon prime. DH and I just ordered a replacement fan for the one in our bedroom, and it was out of stock on amazon so we went to home depot's website. It said it will come sept 10th and I said, "OMG IT'S NEVER GOING TO GET HERE!" before I realized how horrible and 1st world problems that sounds. But definitely Amazon changed my entire view on how long shipping 'should' take.

40564490_1951402411561650_8675341515624546304_n.jpg

:lol:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Totally!! I live a few minutes away from 2 of the East Coast warehouses. I barely hit send and its sitting on my doorstep 2 hours later.

But....this will be me this weekend waiting for that ring!

33747C2B-C016-4F48-A046-F02EB4F44BB1.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
The e-packet stuff from China is the WORST because there's no way to stalk it!!! I hate it. I will pay more for something shipped from the US any day of the week just so I can follow it to my door. :lol-2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

:lol: OMG, you guys sound just like me!! I thought that I was the only one.. Not only do I watch like a hawk over my items being delivered to me but I also watch over the ones that I ship to my buyers too! I like to make sure that their purchase arrives safe and sound.. Yes, I am a proud member of the OCD Club!:lol-2:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I felt it was quite an improvement too, so I gave it the go ahead. I'll post pics when its in :razz:
One final update before pics, I did have to pay extra for the additional gold to increase the height on the band. I was and wasn’t surprised about this; was surprised because I had already paid my invoice and I didn’t feel this was a MAJOR change-the band now looks much close to the picture I sent them, but it’s not nessisarily unfair because the quote she got me was for a band that was quite a bit lighter.

Isix

Rough_Rock

Recent lurker, first time poster. So glad I stumbled onto this forum. All of your rings are absolutely lovely (especially yours, @btrizzy! ) and are giving me the confidence to order from Tianyu.

@btrizzy and I guess anyone else with a pave band from Tianyu, are the side stones also moissanite or are they diamonds? The descriptions of their rings only specify main stone. Does anyone have experience with diamond side stones from them?

I want a custom ring based off Moissco's own custom ring and at the cost of the original ring, I anticipate I can get both an engagement ring and a wedding band...

(
)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Recent lurker, first time poster. So glad I stumbled onto this forum. All of your rings are absolutely lovely (especially yours, @btrizzy! ) and are giving me the confidence to order from Tianyu.

@btrizzy and I guess anyone else with a pave band from Tianyu, are the side stones also moissanite or are they diamonds? The descriptions of their rings only specify main stone. Does anyone have experience with diamond side stones from them?

I want a custom ring based off Moissco's own custom ring and at the cost of the original ring, I anticipate I can get both an engagement ring and a wedding band...

(
)
Mine has moissanite side stones as well as the center. I feel that clarity is less subjective on the moissanite- I don’t want I clarity side stones with a VVS or IF clarity center. The ring I got wasn’t quite as perfect as some I’ve got from moissanite co, but that being said, I paid less for the whole ring than I would have for just the center from Mo Co.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ordered a halo? I’m considering doing a reset and was thinking about having them make a halo to try out the look.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ordered a halo? I’m considering doing a reset and was thinking about having them make a halo to try out the look.
Well, not to thread highjack, it that’s my current project. Got the final cad the other day... it will probably be around 2 weeks before I have actual pictures, but here is my cad
1FDB583C-E9B3-4189-90EF-89EC16F2543F.jpeg

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Well, not to thread highjack, it that’s my current project. Got the final cad the other day... it will probably be around 2 weeks before I have actual pictures, but here is my cad
1FDB583C-E9B3-4189-90EF-89EC16F2543F.jpeg

Can’t wait to see it! Are the stones around it moissanite?

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Oops. Just saw your response to the same question

Isix

Rough_Rock
Mine has moissanite side stones as well as the center. I feel that clarity is less subjective on the moissanite- I don’t want I clarity side stones with a VVS or IF clarity center. The ring I got wasn’t quite as perfect as some I’ve got from moissanite co, but that being said, I paid less for the whole ring than I would have for just the center from Mo Co.
Thanks!:))
I'll try to find pics of your rings elsewhere on the board..

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a Tianyu piece I had made
CB10E07A-97FA-40DE-8125-FA61D4220357.jpeg
My other ring has a Tianyu moissanite but is in a A Jaffe setting with VS diamonds
699C648E-C16F-4FEC-925C-B3AF98C43AA2.jpeg

Can you tell me more about the first ring that Tianyu made? It’s beautiful.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
D0CDB4F4-CCB4-4F66-AC7F-ADF49FB445ED.jpeg 8364811E-BBC8-4B31-8FFD-E7BA3A2D1191.jpeg Thoughts on asking them to create something like this for my 7.8mm diamond? I asked Ella about general pricing and the price was right. My intended use is to reset my diamond from a solitaire to a halo but I’m not sure if I will like the look and am hesitant to spend thousands on a custom until I’m sure. I could try this look out and then reset it with a gemstone if I want to have an expensive version created. Or maybe, I’ll just love this one as is!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
D0CDB4F4-CCB4-4F66-AC7F-ADF49FB445ED.jpeg 8364811E-BBC8-4B31-8FFD-E7BA3A2D1191.jpeg Thoughts on asking them to create something like this for my 7.8mm diamond? I asked Ella about general pricing and the price was right. My intended use is to reset my diamond from a solitaire to a halo but I’m not sure if I will like the look and am hesitant to spend thousands on a custom until I’m sure. I could try this look out and then reset it with a gemstone if I want to have an expensive version created. Or maybe, I’ll just love this one as is!

:kiss2:That is a very pretty setting and I think that you would be very pleased with that setting for your Diamond. With the afford ability factor of Moissanite and getting custom jewelry made, it is always a much safer option than spending thousands of dollars on something that you may or may not like. :geek2:

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2:That is a very pretty setting and I think that you would be very pleased with that setting for your Diamond. With the afford ability factor of Moissanite and getting custom jewelry made, it is always a much safer option than spending thousands of dollars on something that you may or may not like. :geek2:

I agree— and the pressure for a custom piece to be perfect with you are spending thousands stresses me out! I guess I’m mostly worried that these settings (I’m sure) are usually built around the diamond and Ella and team would just have the measurements.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah they can do it.. I contacted Ella about getting a custom ring made without the center stone as I have that already and was given a great price! I think most of the cost comes from having the center stone but if you have one already and know the measurements, just provide them with that info and you are good to go! ;)2

I must brag on Ella! She is so wonderful, responsive and patient. She has been a TOTAL DEAR-HEART :pray: dealing with me. I cannot say enough good things about her. I look forward to working with her on a project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results