shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying from CeylonSapphireGems: An expensive mistake

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Module I do see where the description said "Unheated" however does not say untreated and this is where that very fine hair is.
Tsavorites are type II meaning that you do find some fine lines but in general they tend to be clean.

AGL is a fantastic lab and a top tier one. However, if you feel that you don't agree with what they've said, contact them, because this unusual enough of an occurrence, though to be fair, I've been hearing of tsavorites being oiled for quite a while now.

Module

Shiny_Rock
I contacted AGL about how common they see oil treatment on garnet and here are the response:

"We don’t see it very often but it does happen. The stones can be cleaned for a no enhancement call. You need to have it soaked in acetone once you receive it. Some times clients try to remove the oil and sometimes they just leave it. depends on how you would like to proceed. You would have to decide how you would like to proceed. If you decide to try and clean it then you have to send it back with the original report for an update. "

I also confirmed it's their routine to check both the heating and clarity enhancement on every stone.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry to hijack but have been wanting to add that Mandarin garnet could also been oiled. I had a conversation with a well known PS lapidary last year on this topic. It was an included Tanzanian stone.

Last edited:

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Garnets and other typically untreated gems can still be treated.

For example, in SSEF's write-up on whether color-shifting zircon is heated, they note: "we could observe minute disc-like expansion cracks and partly dissolved inclusion features, commonly known from heat-treated stones such as corundum, chrysoberyl, and demantoid."

I knew demantoids are sometimes heated, but never heard of heated chrysoberyl before I read this write-up. So I'm not sure anything is 100% safe from every treatment. Just to add to the discussion...

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I know i have sent more then 60% her refund balance also she will receive it today

Like a thief foolish enough to return to the scene of the crime, you have some nerve coming on this board after all the anguish you’ve put @AnastasiaBeaverhausen through. You owe her money, plain and simple. Everything else you say in the meantime is cheap talk.

A man who cheats another (and yes, someone who holds on to someone else’s money for weeks and weeks while stringing the customer along, is a liar and cheater in my book) is not a man to be believed in anything else he says.

I hope you know you are finished here (if you still haven’t a clue—just reread this entire thread and get one). You’ve made your own filthy bed and you can lie in it for all we care. But this is a community here and we DO care about our members, and we won’t stand for someone abusing one of our own.

Pay up!

Last edited:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@Ceylon Sapphire Gems did you make this transaction complete? Does she have her FULL REFUND YET?

its been 6 hours

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen did this come through?

Dude pay the woman enough is enough. I can't believe you even had the nerve to come here and post anything on this thread without making matters right FIRST. I'd be so pissed. So stop posting and give her back her money.

@Ceylon Sapphire Gems did you make this transaction complete? Does she have her FULL REFUND YET?

its been 6 hours

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen did this come through?

Dude pay the woman enough is enough. I can't believe you even had the nerve to come here and post anything on this thread without making matters right FIRST. I'd be so pissed. So stop posting and give her back her money.

Still waiting... It's been 11 hours since he first posted here about getting me my money today. There's 4 hours til midnight here where I am. Maybe a miracle will happen!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I CANNOT believe that 1) this vendor had the audacity to comment on this thread and then 2) STILL not give the refund. Like, really - what is the point? I didn't think it would be possible for the vendor to look worse here, and now here we are. So sorry, @AnastasiaBeaverhausen.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I contacted AGL about how common they see oil treatment on garnet and here are the response:

"We don’t see it very often but it does happen. The stones can be cleaned for a no enhancement call. You need to have it soaked in acetone once you receive it. Some times clients try to remove the oil and sometimes they just leave it. depends on how you would like to proceed. You would have to decide how you would like to proceed. If you decide to try and clean it then you have to send it back with the original report for an update. "

I also confirmed it's their routine to check both the heating and clarity enhancement on every stone.

Glad you called for confirmation and thank you for posting their response. This is a lesson and a wake up call to all to really watch these types of stones.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Still waiting... It's been 11 hours since he first posted here about getting me my money today. There's 4 hours til midnight here where I am. Maybe a miracle will happen!

They claim the refund was sent-I'm just trying to confirm with you. I surely hope so.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TBF, $ coooould take 1-7 days (or more :(2) to transfer. Plus, transfers can be recalled until the $ reaches the receiving bank. So this could be another looong wait.

To be FAIR, They're con artists that held your money, refused a reasonable business practice of returns, gave out your personal information, and lied to you on multiple occasions. While we love your optimism we're all mad as hell for you and we're going to keep watching this thread to make sure you get your refund. They should be ashamed of themselves and reported to every trade platform they use to sell on. This business practice of theirs is about as fraudulent as I can think of. There is no defending the defenseless at this point.

MK6huhdBXKKJ4ze26_G3DQhPiM0epJQ6tKuJXoK1YCM1fxUpCq6Kwgia_c4dhd54fmkWTlIXJ3U6IjQBRdj3BwCxK-pAApC3j8mySPcXbtTqJXS2S6tIdyMU-eYHKsxrKn91kFyW=s1600

We did it. We finally did it.

I got the money!!!!

Sure I had to wait another 2 days... But whatever. Drop in the bucket!

@PSers, y'all have been amazing. Seriously, I can’t thank everyone enough. I especially appreciate the sympathy, humor, and reassurance that I’m not crazy or being unrealistic. You guys made the wait so much more tolerable.

Secondly, I guess I should also thank @Ionysis for coming to CeylonSapphireGem's rescue again sending the remaining balance.

And lastly, to CeylonSapphireGems:
eebxIALRnyY5DS8ucEoEyaAKFRbnTew_NlkZ1OcdfN2b6WiiMrhpcjq8ZZvLvxiOAz0FMd87L6U3SYWoBB2ZqjJgQm0aMa3UAO_wDhLsPMNFPsQ53SmIAqxQ6STKqVufvkRsdu7u=s1600

Heck no, I am not deleting my posts.

Anywho...hopefully this is the end of this saga. Thank you all for reading. Take care now!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hooooorayyyyy!!! F-ing finally!!!!!!! This calls for a celebration!

But seriously, it shouldn’t have taken this long in the first place! The things he put me and you through, especially you, are NOT OK!

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MK6huhdBXKKJ4ze26_G3DQhPiM0epJQ6tKuJXoK1YCM1fxUpCq6Kwgia_c4dhd54fmkWTlIXJ3U6IjQBRdj3BwCxK-pAApC3j8mySPcXbtTqJXS2S6tIdyMU-eYHKsxrKn91kFyW=s1600

We did it. We finally did it.

I got the money!!!!

Sure I had to wait another 2 days... But whatever. Drop in the bucket!

@PSers, y'all have been amazing. Seriously, I can’t thank everyone enough. I especially appreciate the sympathy, humor, and reassurance that I’m not crazy or being unrealistic. You guys made the wait so much more tolerable.

Secondly, I guess I should also thank @Ionysis for coming to CeylonSapphireGem's rescue again sending the remaining balance.

And lastly, to CeylonSapphireGems:
eebxIALRnyY5DS8ucEoEyaAKFRbnTew_NlkZ1OcdfN2b6WiiMrhpcjq8ZZvLvxiOAz0FMd87L6U3SYWoBB2ZqjJgQm0aMa3UAO_wDhLsPMNFPsQ53SmIAqxQ6STKqVufvkRsdu7u=s1600

Heck no, I am not deleting my posts.

Anywho...hopefully this is the end of this saga. Thank you all for reading. Take care now!

Hahahaha, completely, utterly laughable and out of touch with reality!!! Sure, buddy, finally, after countless months and hours of effort by @AnastasiaBeaverhausen, you gave back the funds you owed to her, after repeatedly misinforming her, using deception to avoid having to refund her, and repeatedly breaching her confidence and privacy by sharing God knows how much personal information, including bank account information, with complete strangers in various countries.

We should not only delete this thread, but put you at the top of the Recommended Vendors List - right after we give you your reward for being Seller of the Year!!

:lol-2: :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results