shape
carat
color
clarity

Budget ring 1500$~ pls advice

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Sure... but it's more about what his lady wants than what will go over well in her locale. She's expressed she would love a halo, and would not like a solitaire, so I think D is doing well to listen to her wishes, regardless of what her friends will think. Sabout what'll look "right" if she's expressed her desires

Also, D maklen - please don't propose with a ring holder. You'll lose a diamond.

Halo yes, cluster ring no. I warmly recommend getting a halo and that look will go well even with her friends :)

I also do not recommend proposing with a ring holder outdoors.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
As another Finn, I'm just going to be blunt (since I know you're able to take it and I am on my mobile): do not buy the Tiffany ring. It is (and also some others that have been suggested) what a would call a cluster ring and I don't see that style going well as an e-ring in Finland.

There is no concept of "finger coverage" or anything like that in Finland. A 0.4 Ct center diamond would be considered big by anyone's standards

Get her a new ring and a 0.4 ct center stone from JA. It is easy enough and I'm sure she will love it. Or, what I'd do personally: get a 0,4 Ct center stone and propose with that on a temporary ring holder and get the ring done locally. The level of gold smithing is really high in Finland and it really doesn't cost that much extra if you know who to use. Good luck!

Thank you for your opinion but I have to disagree. I dont like to get her different ring because just in Finland its not go with the concept and I think you know we are always behind what comes to changes. And people should change attitude here to more show type of thing.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your opinion but I have to disagree. I dont like to get her different ring because just in Finland its not go with the concept and I think you know we are always behind what comes to changes. And people should change attitude here to more show type of thing.

I think a halo is beautiful and you should get her what she likes. Even a cluster ring, if that is what she wants. But based on the fact that she has said she likes a halo, I would not get a _cluster ring_. At no stage I meant to suggest that you should get her a solitaire.

Steahl

Rough_Rock
I think a halo is beautiful and you should get her what she likes. Even a cluster ring, if that is what she wants. But based on the fact that she has said she likes a halo, I would not get a _cluster ring_. At no stage I meant to suggest that you should get her a solitaire.
My bad for misunderstanding!

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
At no stage I meant to suggest that you should get her a solitaire.

Am I getting this right (maybe we should change to finnish :D ) that you think I should also consider a solitaire ring?

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Am I getting this right (maybe we should change to finnish :D ) that you think I should also consider a solitaire ring?

If she has only seen the supply in the "typical" jewelry stores in Finland, I think she'll be blown away by what you can get her online.

Like I said, I would just get the diamond and have the ring made locally according to her wishes. That would be what I'd and all of my lady friends, with whom I have discussed ring issues, would prefer. That way you would not have to decide with the style, but that would be up to her.

Of course if you do end up proposing with the temp ring holder she cannot wear it and you'd have to take precaution not to loose the diamond.

If this is not a viable option, I'd choose the biggest center diamond money would allow, and then get a simple halo.

I'd recommend checking also Bluenile.co.uk, since VAT is included. They have pictures/videos nowadays.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Attention! we have a very nice video! Opinions needed.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Now I know, I really think MRB it will be. that EOC (7847) looks little bit yellow. I think best to my eye is 10273. that tiffany 10148 is also super nice.

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Now I know, I really think MRB it will be. that EOC (7847) looks little bit yellow. I think best to my eye is 10273. that tiffany 10148 is also super nice.
I see that yellow you're seeing too, but I thinking it's a reflection of something in the room - I see it flash across the mrbs too. I don't think you'd see that much yellow in a G. Also one of those mrbs is an H I think... How do you feel about the type of sparkle in the oec vs the mrb?

Hopefully others will chime in with some guidance!

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
You know what, IDJ sent me an email. I think they are holding very very nice MRB diamond for me!
Im not expert but even im quite sure that this have very nice proportions. Diamond price $925 and if I still want it in that stuller setting $795, so total would be $1720.

Diamond itself is bigger than Ilyas mrb's and have better cut and CHEAPER!
IDJ will examine that diamond and then sent will send video for me. What you think have I really now FINALLY found the center stone :D

gia.PNG

Steahl

Rough_Rock
I really think its going to be MRB. I just know it! :)
That's awesome that you've made a choice!

Those specs are a little outside of recommended but it scores well on HCA (1.5), I think as long as it's an eye clean SI2 it should be a decent diamond. Much better than Ilya's 2 choices. I think IDJ generally has a good eye and you could trust their recommendation. It isn't actually bigger tho - this diamond has a 5.1mm spread and I thought Ilya's options were a bit spreadier...better cut will make it look bigger however!

Can you link to the stuller style you're considering?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The OEC is the clear winner for me. Sparkles the most!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow you are seeing is also in the MRB's, it's just smaller because it has those small splintery facets instead of the large juicy OEC ones:love::love::love:

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
That's awesome that you've made a choice!

Those specs are a little outside of recommended but it scores well on HCA (1.5), I think as long as it's an eye clean SI2 it should be a decent diamond. Much better than Ilya's 2 choices. I think IDJ generally has a good eye and you could trust their recommendation. It isn't actually bigger tho - this diamond has a 5.1mm spread and I thought Ilya's options were a bit spreadier...better cut will make it look bigger however!

Can you link to the stuller style you're considering?

This was the original stuller plan https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...dationSource=SearchRedirect#/mounting-options

But I think when right diamond have found we can consider with IDJ something else also from stuller which maybe is more rounded halo. Like that tiffany soleste style. OR maybe they have something in mind.

But take a look this diamond which I found at bluenile using my search criteria. What do you think which is better that IDJ or this one? this BN is like $100~more

bring2.PNG

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
The yellow you are seeing is also in the MRB's, it's just smaller because it has those small splintery facets instead of the large juicy OEC ones:love::love::love:

Hahah I can see soxfan that you are totally in love with that OEC! :)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahah I can see soxfan that you are totally in love with that OEC! :)

I WISH I had known about stones like this before I overpaid for my first engagement ring. Boy, if I could have had that one for $1000!!!!;-);-);-)

You have to get what you like, I just think the OEC looks the prettiest:) I don't know much about MRB's, I'll leave the experts to advise you on your choices. Good luck!!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the original stuller plan https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...dationSource=SearchRedirect#/mounting-options

But I think when right diamond have found we can consider with IDJ something else also from stuller which maybe is more rounded halo. Like that tiffany soleste style. OR maybe they have something in mind.

But take a look this diamond which I found at bluenile using my search criteria. What do you think which is better that IDJ or this one? this BN is like $100~more

bring2.PNG

I prefer the IDJ one. Looking forward to seeing the video!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you going to get the stuller in a round shape? Is that possible with that setting?

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the IDJ one. Looking forward to seeing the video!

Maybe stupid question but how its better if that BN got G color grade and all other specs same...(didnt look table crown etc...im quite bad with them :) )

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Are you going to get the stuller in a round shape? Is that possible with that setting?

I dont know, actually I have to ask IDJ after I have made my decision.
I'm "THIS" close to pull the trigger!!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
With si2 clarity you just need to make sure its eye clean, especially with clouds.

I'm seeing this diamond at b2c, it's one color grade lower (J) but it's vs2 and will be eye clean. Really nice spread of 5.4mm @ .59ct. Good hca score (1.4).
It's $1093 bank wire price, so a little more than IDJ's. But maybe worth it for that extra spread!

IMG_2136.jpg

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
With si2 clarity you just need to make sure its eye clean, especially with clouds.

I'm seeing this diamond at b2c, it's one color grade lower (J) but it's vs2 and will be eye clean. Really nice spread of 5.4mm @ .59ct. Good hca score (1.4).
It's $1093 bank wire price, so a little more than IDJ's. But maybe worth it for that extra spread!

IMG_2136.jpg

Hmm. Maybe yes but then it needs to ship to Ilya for making the ring. Did you mean 0.57ct instead of 0.59ct. But maybe after idj have inspected the diamond and its eye clean its safe to buy? B2c is $168 more.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Maybe yes but then it needs to ship to Ilya for making the ring. Did you mean 0.57ct instead of 0.59ct. But maybe after idj have inspected the diamond and its eye clean its safe to buy? B2c is $168 more.
I would say see the IDJ first. IDJ can also probably source the above mentioned stone.

Steahl

Rough_Rock
I would think so, I haven't dealt with IDJ a lot but the general consensus seems to be that they're the bees knees at sourcing good diamonds, especially
Yekutiel.

Pop that bad boy into a round version of that stuller and I think you've got yourself a gorgeous ring!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Just FYI, shipping from b2c to Ilya would be free and fast. Once they get the diamond I think it's 1-2 days for shipping.

See if IDJ can call that diamond in, doesn't hurt to ask. They'll need the gia #. That clarity grade and extra 0.3mm spread would be worth the extra $ for me. They might even be able to get a better price for it

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Just FYI, shipping from b2c to Ilya would be free and fast. Once they get the diamond I think it's 1-2 days for shipping.

See if IDJ can call that diamond in, doesn't hurt to ask. They'll need the gia #. That clarity grade and extra 0.3mm spread would be worth the extra $ for me. They might even be able to get a better price for it

Can I search that diamond with GIA number from b2c? Because I tried to search it with GIA specs using b2c filter but nothing was found. Someone already bought it?:(

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I search that diamond with GIA number from b2c? Because I tried to search it with GIA specs using b2c filter but nothing was found. Someone already bought it?:(
Honestly, I prefer the cut and color on the IDJ one, so no need to frown. Let's wait for the video!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the IDJ one....and I prefer that over the MRBs that Ilya has. Cut is king and very good does not make that cut around here.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! That information give me lot of confidence! I will post it soon as I get it from IDJ.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results