shape
carat
color
clarity

Budget ring 1500$~ pls advice

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
I got very professional sounded email from Ilya regarding those "very good" cut diamonds.

Hes opinion is that difference between very good and excellent cut is 1-2 degrees in certain angle so its very minimal difference.

And that particular stone is next to excellent cut! Its got 61% depth, 60% table 34.5 degree crown angle.

Said that they dont actually look at the stone to give grades, its formula and its GIA created on their opinion of it.

Gave me link to one of GIA report..isnt that extremely comparable:

https://www.gia.edu/sites/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=GIA/Page/ReportCheck&cid=1495237976866&d=Touch&packedargs=childpagename&pagename=GIA/Wrapper&reportno=1253592128

But I think question is..if its possible to get almost same specs and same price somewhere else excellent cut GIA reported diamond its worth it.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got very professional sounded email from Ilya regarding those "very good" cut diamonds.

Hes opinion is that difference between very good and excellent cut is 1-2 degrees in certain angle so its very minimal difference.

And that particular stone is next to excellent cut! Its got 61% depth, 60% table 34.5 degree crown angle.

Said that they dont actually look at the stone to give grades, its formula and its GIA created on their opinion of it.

https://www.gia.edu/sites/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=GIA/Page/ReportCheck&cid=1495237976866&d=Touch&packedargs=childpagename&pagename=GIA/Wrapper&reportno=1253592128

But I think question is..if its possible to get almost same specs and same price somewhere else excellent cut GIA reported diamond its worth it.

WHY hasn't Ilya given you a video of the OEC? That is by far the best stone! Why is it taking so long????

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What is the price in this one? It seems that it can be a nice 60/60 stone.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
I think that diamond got lot of potential. Its color F clarity grade VS2 and depht table and crown almost to excellent cut according to Ilya.

"The stone has been very well cut which allows for gorgeous sparkle! The cut is stated as very good but it is extremely close to being called excellent by a degree on the crown angle and 1% smaller in table. These differences are so minor that this one is practically equivalent to excellent."

But how about fluorosence its medium blue? What it means..should it be none.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that diamond got lot of potential. Its color F clarity grade VS2 and depht table and crown almost to excellent cut according to Ilya.

"The stone has been very well cut which allows for gorgeous sparkle! The cut is stated as very good but it is extremely close to being called excellent by a degree on the crown angle and 1% smaller in table. These differences are so minor that this one is practically equivalent to excellent."

But how about fluorosence its medium blue? What it means..should it be none.

No one here is going to recommend a "very good" cut. It's just not good enough.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
No one here is going to recommend a "very good" cut. It's just not good enough.

Thats why I like this forum! Objective and demanding members!

Even though i´m on low budget I dont want to just settle for something which I may regret in future.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats why I like this forum! Objective and demanding members!

Even i´m on low budget I dont want to just settle for something which I may regret in future.

Exactly!!! Good decision!

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Do you think that it isnt anyway disrespectful towards to vendor, if I post here photos on videos which they have provide to me? I mean is it normal in this forum to share videos/photos conversations between vendor and buyer. It doesnt brake any forum rules or offend someone?

Just to make sure before I publish anything.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course you can post it!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Perfectly common and fine to do. In fact we've all been dying to see! :geek:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm anxiously awaiting the OEC video!!! :dance:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHY hasn't Ilya given you a video of the OEC? That is by far the best stone! Why is it taking so long????

It looks so nice! I gotta see a video!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving this journey, you're doing great!

Please please please post a hand shot one day when she's wearing the masterpiece you create :)

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Loving this journey, you're doing great!

Please please please post a hand shot one day when she's wearing the masterpiece you create :)

It would be my pleasure and least I can do for all of you!

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
I found two absolutely gorgeous pieces from ivy&rose facebook webpage.

This one is custom made by them. Do you have any clue what size of diamond that center stone is?

ivy1.JPG

And this one also so nice!

ivy2.JPG

Those are the ones which I know she would love from earth to moon!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous but I'm guessing will be way over a carat centre stone, easily several $1000's!!!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The same halo style can be created for any size stone. At this point, you are considering stones 0.4-0.5 range, that is a pretty good size. Did you get any new videos?

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
The same halo style can be created for any size stone. At this point, you are considering stones 0.4-0.5 range, that is a pretty good size. Did you get any new videos?

No videos or photos received yet... :(

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, there are 2 people watching it on the eBay listing and it expires in one hour and 30 minutes. Did you try calling him???

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a phone number on their eBay store. I'd call right now!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Call!

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
No problem. Apparently no one bought it. Promised to send it later today. Maybe he is just so busy :)

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Im a total newbie in this diamond world, so thats why I need help from this fantastic forum.
I know im on low budget but still think I got better deal online than my local jewellery shop.

For 100% sure I know what she likes is
1) white gold
2) round diamond
3) halo style

Thank You

As another Finn, I'm just going to be blunt (since I know you're able to take it and I am on my mobile): do not buy the Tiffany ring. It is (and also some others that have been suggested) what a would call a cluster ring and I don't see that style going well as an e-ring in Finland.

There is no concept of "finger coverage" or anything like that in Finland. A 0.4 Ct center diamond would be considered big by anyone's standards

Get her a new ring and a 0.4 ct center stone from JA. It is easy enough and I'm sure she will love it. Or, what I'd do personally: get a 0,4 Ct center stone and propose with that on a temporary ring holder and get the ring done locally. The level of gold smithing is really high in Finland and it really doesn't cost that much extra if you know who to use. Good luck!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
As another Finn, I'm just going to be blunt (since I know you're able to take it and I am on my mobile): do not buy the Tiffany ring. It is (and also some others that have been suggested) what a would call a cluster ring and I don't see that style going well as an e-ring in Finland.

There is no concept of "finger coverage" or anything like that in Finland. A 0.4 Ct center diamond would be considered big by anyone's standards

Get her a new ring and a 0.4 ct center stone from JA. It is easy enough and I'm sure she will love it. Or, what I'd do personally: get a 0,4 Ct center stone and propose with that on a temporary ring holder and get the ring done locally. The level of gold smithing is really high in Finland and it really doesn't cost that much extra if you know who to use. Good luck!
Sure... but it's more about what his lady wants than what will go over well in her locale. She's expressed she would love a halo, and would not like a solitaire, so I think D is doing well to listen to her wishes, regardless of what her friends will think. She sounds like a lady that knows what she wants, so I wouldn't worry too much about what'll look "right" if she's expressed her desires. You're most likely right that halos aren't common (yet...) in Finland, but maybe she'll just be ahead of her time ;-) There's a difference between a halo and a cluster ring, btw. With the design and centre stone size he's looking at, it won't look like a cluster ring. My $0.02 :whistle:

Also, D maklen - please don't propose with a ring holder. You'll lose a diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results