shape
carat
color
clarity

Budget ring 1500$~ pls advice

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the original stuller plan https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...dationSource=SearchRedirect#/mounting-options

But I think when right diamond have found we can consider with IDJ something else also from stuller which maybe is more rounded halo. Like that tiffany soleste style. OR maybe they have something in mind. bring2.PNG

I'm not a fan of the Stuller halo. If she's been picking out round halos, I'd get her a round halo (and I love cushion halos with round stones -- I had one!)... I'd see what else IDJ can come up with, preferably a more soleste-inspired halo setting.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan of the Stuller halo. If she's been picking out round halos, I'd get her a round halo (and I love cushion halos with round stones -- I had one!)... I'd see what else IDJ can come up with, preferably a more soleste-inspired halo setting.
That's what's depicted in my earlier screen shot and the linked video D received from IDJ after he asked them to show him something more like the Soleste : - )

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what's depicted in my earlier screen shot and the linked video D received from IDJ after he asked them to show him something more like the Soleste : - )

Then that one's a winner!! :)

Sorry, MM... I was confused by all the different settings!!

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D posted the link to the IDJ video of halo setting (not the Stuller mounting seen up-upthread) yesterday -- screen shot:
IDJ sample halo.png

The video is of a showcase sample, made for a larger center diamond than what D is contemplating & the center stone is in a ring holder thingy, so it's sitting higher than it would "for real". Link to video here:
http://aijaa.com/aZxcnz

This is really pretty, and she will love it since her dream ring is the round soleste!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hopefully this one doesn't get away! Always so impressed with all the help PSers give. Time to make a move OP!

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've been following this thread. OP can't wait to see the final result. I will trust Yekutiel and Idj to get the ring that your gf would love.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again all of you!

@JDDN Really helpful information provided, really appreciate!

I havent heard from IDJ since friday. I think saturday it was closed. If price is ok, I think we've done and I get ultimate best ever RING in that budget and what I was looking for.

And i'm happy that I didnt bought that second hand Tiffany ring earlier. It had 0.25ct center diamond. This idj have bigger one and its custom done for her! I think this journey has been more than successful. I hope that this thread help others who are seeking diamond ring in low budget.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you again all of you!

@JDDN Really helpful information provided, really appreciate!

I havent heard from IDJ since friday. I think saturday it was closed. If price is ok, I think we've done and I get ultimate best ever RING in that budget and what I was looking for.

And i'm happy that I didnt bought that second hand Tiffany ring earlier. It had 0.25ct center diamond. This idj have bigger one and its custom done for her! I think this journey has been more than successful. I hope that this thread help others who are seeking diamond ring in low budget.

Very excited for you! Please come back and post lots of photos!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it has pave in the band I would say too thin.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it 1.5 at the bottom? Or consistent for the entire shank? Also, how much is the setting?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael e states 2mm or thicker for a band w pave

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Is it 1.5 at the bottom? Or consistent for the entire shank? Also, how much is the setting?

I think hole shank...I have to ask it...omg...not all over again :(

Price is

Diamond: $925.00
Ring: $825.00
International Shipping: $100
------------------
Total: $1850.00
------------------

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Michael e states 2mm or thicker for a band w pave

That I read as well...when I asked idj they answer something like not to worry about because its white gold. And certain precautionary measures that you need to take. no gym, gardening etc..."And God forbid a tiny diamond falls out, its better to replace a tiny diamond than a bigger one. " and they have sold lots of micro paves without issues. But if i want bigger it will cost more.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think hole shank...I have to ask it...omg...not all over again :(

Price is

Diamond: $925.00
Ring: $825.00
International Shipping: $100
------------------
Total: $1850.00
------------------

Please ask and no worries, I am sure that they can source a similar setting that is at least 1.8mm if 1.5is all over. If it is only at the bottom, I would not be as concerned. I would counter a bit lower on the setting at $600 or so..pretty thin to be at $825 in my opinion..

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Well, no diamond anymore. Yesterday sold. All crushed for that 1.5mm band :(.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry...rounds are a dime a dozen - they can source you another it will just take some time! In the meantime, I would solidify what setting/specs you want so you're ready to pull the trigger.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
Don't worry...rounds are a dime a dozen - they can source you another it will just take some time! In the meantime, I would solidify what setting/specs you want so you're ready to pull the trigger.

Thank you for cheerful comment. Just when you are ready and everything seems to be done then something like this happen. Width of a band in pave settings really didnt see for coming.

What I have read about it in PS at older threads, it have to be least at 2mm to be durable. I asked IDJ and it will go out of my budget because of bigger diamonds in the shank needed.

IDJ sourced new one with same specs they said. Guess, have to ask offer for a bigger shank...I think it goes then way out of budget. If that 1.5mm ring is lowest they can go for $825.

1816.JPG

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for cheerful comment. Just when you are ready and everything seems to be done then something like this happen. Width of a band in pave settings really didnt see for coming.

What I have read about it in PS at older threads, it have to be least at 2mm to be durable. I asked IDJ and it will go out of my budget because of bigger diamonds in the shank needed.

IDJ sourced new one with same specs they said. Guess, have to ask offer for a bigger shank...I think it goes then way out of budget. If that 1.5mm ring is lowest they can go for $825.

1816.JPG

Not a bad option...it's a little deep but the spread is still decent. Any photos?

I'm going to post this again since it's still available....stone is $770 and setting is $1170 for a total of $1940...you could get $100 off with a JA referral code and also ask for a PS discount, which would bring it in under $1850....
stone: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-j-color-if-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2480716
setting: https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...amond-engagement-ring-round-center-item-17445

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you at least reserve the stone next time? Or buy it? The setting can be worked out easy peasy- but you have lost out twice by not pulling the trigger. I think the OEC from Ilya is also still available, if the MRB's don't tick all the boxes......

I think most people here would advise you to reserve/buy stone first and then worry about setting. We can always find you something in budget.

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Is that an IDJ stock setting, or are they custom making it for you? I can't really tell from the video, does the melee go all the way around the shank? Because if that's the case maybe you can save $ by having the diamonds only go halfway around and have them make the band thicker instead?

Also, buying the stone from IDJ and having Ilya make the ring might still be an option...?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or not have diamonds on the band at all?

I'm kind of surprised IDJ sold the stone from under you when you were so involved in discussions with them. Definitely make sure you reserve next time if that's what they require!

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
I think most people here would advise you to reserve/buy stone first and then worry about setting. We can always find you something in budget.

I'm kind of surprised IDJ sold the stone from under you when you were so involved in discussions with them. Definitely make sure you reserve next time if that's what they require!

Yes, in my point of view it was reserved for me. It was only anymore discussion about the setting and IDJ told in last mail:
"Also, the diamond that was on hold for you was sold yesterday since there was a customer for it."

So it was hold for me but they decide to sell it to another.

Is that an IDJ stock setting, or are they custom making it for you? I can't really tell from the video, does the melee go all the way around the shank? Because if that's the case maybe you can save $ by having the diamonds only go halfway around and have them make the band thicker instead?

Also, buying the stone from IDJ and having Ilya make the ring might still be an option...?

It is IDJ stock setting which has to resize and they dont have that particular model with a thicker band. So labor work need for re-sizing and placing diamond for it. Melee doesn't go all around shank just little bit over halfway.

I still prefer doing all with same vendor :)

I'm going to post this again since it's still available....stone is $770 and setting is $1170 for a total of $1940...you could get $100 off with a JA referral code and also ask for a PS discount, which would bring it in under $1850....
stone: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-j-color-if-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2480716
setting: https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...amond-engagement-ring-round-center-item-17445

Thats very nice setting...maybe its just easier to just order that setting from JA and find diamond for it...that is 0.44ct diamond...for my eyes its more eyeclean even x20 than missed IDJ diamond?
Are other specs also good as it was with the IDJ diamond...this diamond has fluorosence "medium blue" IDJ was none.

Clarity characteristics is "minor details of polish" IDJ was a "crystal cloud".

Clarity grade 1F and IDJ SI2. Color grade J, IDJ was I.

And it was 0.06ct bigger. Setting is very good maybe bigger diamond to find for it?

Also contacted back to Ilya and he suggest this setting with 0.50ct of diamonds for price $1100 custom made for me perfectly fit any stone that I choose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-50ct-ROUN...7fe250&pid=100011&rk=4&rkt=12&sd=172777282076

Its nice but overall look of band maybe too vintage. So I asked him to look more like that James Allen look a like setting. Maybe I got better price from him. Let see.

But that James Allen setting is now on the top of the list.

I think I need to expand also my range so I can reach more options and finally finish this.

If without side stones setting price come down, then I can spend more $$ to a center diamond.

For example this one:

https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...-halo-engagement-ring-round-center-item-18301

She will like it. Its without side stones but its halo and im sure its good.

D maklen

Shiny_Rock
That JA setting is pretty, I like the photo of it with a 0.5ct stone! It looks like it's reduced in price for a few days too so you could manage a $1000 or so for the diamond?

How about this one? Nicely cut.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1299462

Yes, they have -25% discount so I think im getting a good deal! I have few days to find perfect diamond for it! Obviously it cant be combined to $100 offer for subscribing mail list and JA advantage is maybe also forbidden.

Edit.
Just checked with chat:

"The only discount that applies with coupons is the bank wire transfer payment method.
advantage pricing is not able to be combined with any other offer"

Good sides ordering from JA
-they have promotion now
-free insured fedex delivery
-1,5% advantage using bank wire as paying method

Is that best what I can get now from JA with $1000 diamond? Should I wait day or two if something better appear?

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PicsArt_07-20-08.37.54.jpg
What it would look like.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they have -25% discount so I think im getting a good deal! I have few days to find perfect diamond for it! Obviously it cant be combined to $100 offer for subscribing mail list and JA advantage is maybe also forbidden.

Edit.
Just checked with chat:

"The only discount that applies with coupons is the bank wire transfer payment method.
advantage pricing is not able to be combined with any other offer"

Good sides ordering from JA
-they have promotion now
-free insured fedex delivery
-1,5% advantage using bank wire as paying method

Is that best what I can get now from JA with $1000 diamond? Should I wait day or two if something better appear?

@D maklen The discount was not in effect when I posted yesterday. I really advise you to decide! 25% off is pretty much the most JA ever gives and the fact that they are running it in now is a sign! PULL THE TRIGGER!! You can get the EXACT halo setting she wants with a beautiful diamond. You don't even need to sacrifice the diamonds on the band!!!! Here you go: $877 for the setting now and $1030 for the stone below= $1907 and you could get the 1.5% off for a wire.

THIS .45ct I VS2 is an EXCELLENT choice and just under 5mm: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3058976

There's also this stone which gets you higher color for less price but you'd need to ask if eye clean and I definitely prefer the stone above: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...f-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3090651

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would highly encourage you to put the JA stones on hold. I like the H Niel posted & the colour looks great. I like the 2nd setting too, looks like a more substantial ring. Don't delay, put the stones you like on hold. ;-)

Edited to add that I like the .45 I as well. Both are gorgeous stones & similar in price.

I agree with all the posters, nail down the diamond. The setting will follow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results