shape
carat
color
clarity

BrianTheCutter and LesleyH - News Flash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

i''m a bit stunned! but, wish you two ALL THE BEST. i hope you can keep us posted.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian, thanks for keeping us in the loop . . . we appreciate it! Although I have never had the pleasure of working with either of you, I hear only good things about you both. Thank you for taking such good care of everyone from PS over the years! Best of luck to both of you!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:03:44 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Brian, thanks for keeping us in the loop . . . we appreciate it! Although I have never had the pleasure of working with either of you, I hear only good things about you both. Thank you for taking such good care of everyone from PS over the years! Best of luck to both of you!
1.gif
Ditto! Best wishes and luck in the future.
1.gif

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Brian, Lesley,

We sincerely wish you both the very best.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 10:47:42 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
This creates a lot of questions. Will WF still stock ACA diamonds? This might matter to people who were planning to upgrade later.
I wish someone would come and let us know this. I only bought from WF because of the ACA diamonds. I was hoping to buy another one at some point. Maybe I should start looking at other options.. or follow Brian wherever he goes lol!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 10:47:42 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
This creates a lot of questions. Will WF still stock ACA diamonds? This might matter to people who were planning to upgrade later.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Best of luck to you, Brian and you, Lesley! You were both such a wonderful asset to Whiteflash and really assisted them with attaining/maintaining their brand identity. Kudos!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Brian and Lesley, I wish you all the best! I look forward to hearing news from you in the future!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes to you both! I just got my first ACA, and it''s just such a wonderful stone. I''m hoping I''ll be able to purchase more/and or upgrade.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Lesley, you made my leap of faith into internet diamonds possible, opening up a wonderul new world of shopping! I only know Brian by reputation but wish you the best in your endeavours.

But I admit, the announcement does not sound too joyful. Is something out of sorts?

BrianTheCutter

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone. I am most appreciative and grateful for the outpouring of kindness and love from all of you, both here and through many other channels. Rest assured I will return after January 1 with an update. Lesley and I sincerely appreciate your well-wishes and support.

Wishing everyone peace and joy this holiday season!

BrianTheCutter

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Brian, it has been a pleasure doing business with you. Your expertise is tremendous and your demeanor has always been professional, respectful, and patient. Your enthusiasm about diamonds is contagious! Best wishes for success to you and Lesley in 2009!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best wishes to you!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes to you both!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
As many of you can imagine, this is an incredibly bittersweet parting for me.

I''ve come to develop great love and affection for both Brian and Lesley over the past six years, first as a customer and then as a colleague. The unselfish part of me that wants only the best for them is ecstatic for their new opportunities, and I understand this is the right choice for them. At the same time, the selfish part of me that enjoys working with them and learning from them is sad that we won''t have more time together on the same path.

I owe very much to both of them. When I came to them as a consumer, they shared their passion for exceptionally beautiful diamonds and jewelry until it ignited a passion within me, too. Then, they helped to provide an opportunity to extend that passion into doing work with Whiteflash that I''ve truly loved and provided great guidance along the way.

It''s been an honor to work with them, and I''ll miss having them on our team. I consider them personal friends and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I have never worked with you Brian, I have worked with Lesley and she gave impeccable service. I am beyond thrilled with my ACA diamond, "W" prong set earrings that Lesley helped me choose. Looking forward to seeing what your new endeavor brings. YOu will both do wonderful whether it is together or apart!!! ( I think I speak for many in saying if you both work together... you will make a wonderful team!) I too enjoy hearing Lesley's voice!!!
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Brian,

Sorry to see you go from WF. I love my ACA studs and wear them everyday. They changes my mind about H&A diamonds forever. I can''t wait to hear what is in your future.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Brian,

It was wonderful to see you again at the meet and greet. Your expertise was an absolute godsend when I came to you to choose my engagement diamond. I absolutely wish you and Lesley the best of luck in all your future endevours, and can''t wait to hear what''s in store for your brilliant careers in the diamond industry!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes to you both in your new endeavors. We will be anxious to hear of your plans for the new year.

Good luck to you both!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 7:05:29 PM
Author: Allison D.
As many of you can imagine, this is an incredibly bittersweet parting for me.

I''ve come to develop great love and affection for both Brian and Lesley over the past six years, first as a customer and then as a colleague. The unselfish part of me that wants only the best for them is ecstatic for their new opportunities, and I understand this is the right choice for them. At the same time, the selfish part of me that enjoys working with them and learning from them is sad that we won''t have more time together on the same path.

I owe very much to both of them. When I came to them as a consumer, they shared their passion for exceptionally beautiful diamonds and jewelry until it ignited a passion within me, too. Then, they helped to provide an opportunity to extend that passion into doing work with Whiteflash that I''ve truly loved and provided great guidance along the way.

It''s been an honor to work with them, and I''ll miss having them on our team. I consider them personal friends and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.
That''s a lovely tribute, alj.
1.gif

Best wishes to you both on whatever the future lies in store for you. And as for the present--happy holidays!
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m with Storm... knock me over with a feather! Seriously.

Best wishes, Brian and Lesley.

Lynn

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brian,
Thank you for my beautiful engagement ring and for your guidance through the buying process. My best to Lesley and yourself.

Does anyone know who holds the ACA patent? I've been planning to upgrade my studs. If the patent goes with Brian and Lesley, I won't be able to avail myself of WF's upgrade policy (I'm an ACA diehard).

Karma1221

Rough_Rock
This is a little concerning. I''ve been a spectator on this forum for a bit and was considering buying an ACA diamond from Whiteflash. But as I understand it, Brian was the brains behind the operation. He was the ''Cutter'' right? So know how do I know that I''ll be getting a wellcut diamond?? There''s no guarantee that they''ll have someone that can do the job that he did, I mean it''s not like they can just pick someone up from the street that knows this stuff as well as Brian did. Sorry to say, but I will definitely be rethiking this now. Thankfully there are quite a few good vendors here who carry a good rep. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry whiteflash--nothing personal.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Uhhh please read this thread.. ACA is not going anywhere. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/welcome-to-the-whiteflash-world-of-an-entrepreneur.102725/

From what I understand, Brian patented the cut but he was not always the cutter. Read the whiteflash site for more info..... Should not make all of these assumptions until you ask questions...

This is what is on their site:
Whiteflash ACA diamonds are designed by Whiteflash and carefully cut by our Antwerp sightholder. Each Whiteflash ACA passes a set of rigorous tests for craftsmanship and light performance beyond the American Gem Society's ideal grade, and each is protected by our guarantee of top optical symmetry. Fewer than one diamond in a million have hearts and arrows patterning and Whtieflash ACA stand with the most elite. They have been described as the most visually balanced diamonds in the world.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 11:13:00 PM
Author: beach
Uhhh please read this thread.. ACA is not going anywhere. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/welcome-to-the-whiteflash-world-of-an-entrepreneur.102725/

From what I understand, Brian patented the cut but he was not always the cutter. Read the whiteflash site for more info..... Should not make all of these assumptions until you ask questions...
Not loving the tone here. People have questions. They are best served by asking WF directly.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 11:21:07 PM
I cut and pasted directly from their site... And Debi says this in her own thread....What are you talking about? Why ask when the information is already provided by them (whiteflash)?

Debi''s thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/welcome-to-the-whiteflash-world-of-an-entrepreneur.102725/

Whiteflash page on cutting info:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/all_about.aspx?articleid=121&zoneid=28

Tone not content is the problem. Be nice.

fyi the term ACA(A Cut Above) is copyrighted/trademarked but the cut is not patented as it is a standard 57 facet design cut to specific specs. Not patentable.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 11:58:46 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 12/20/2008 11:21:07 PM
I cut and pasted directly from their site... And Debi says this in her own thread....What are you talking about? Why ask when the information is already provided by them (whiteflash)?

Debi''s thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/welcome-to-the-whiteflash-world-of-an-entrepreneur.102725/

Whiteflash page on cutting info:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/all_about.aspx?articleid=121&zoneid=28

Tone not content is the problem. Be nice.

fyi the term ACA(A Cut Above) is copyrighted/trademarked but the cut is not patented as it is a standard 57 facet design cut to specific specs. Not patentable.
Yup.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I ever posted on this forum about Brian and cutting, but I remember posting about it elsewhere. Long ago I wondered "aloud" (i.e. in print) whether Brian actually cut diamonds himself, as did Eightstar, or if he "just" bought diamonds that met his specifications. (I own an ACA diamond and believe me, that "just" is not to be taken lightly!)

I went looking for my posting on Brian versus Eightstar (to no avail), but found this :).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-knowledge-and-a-cut-above-constantly-evolving.2777/

Deborah
34.gif

Abril

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 11:01:16 PM
Author: Karma1221
This is a little concerning. I''ve been a spectator on this forum for a bit and was considering buying an ACA diamond from Whiteflash. But as I understand it, Brian was the brains behind the operation. He was the ''Cutter'' right? So know how do I know that I''ll be getting a wellcut diamond?? There''s no guarantee that they''ll have someone that can do the job that he did, I mean it''s not like they can just pick someone up from the street that knows this stuff as well as Brian did. Sorry to say, but I will definitely be rethiking this now. Thankfully there are quite a few good vendors here who carry a good rep. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry whiteflash--nothing personal.
I''m in the same camp as you, Karma1221. This isn''t good news about Whiteflash. Nothing personal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results