shape
carat
color
clarity

BrianTheCutter and LesleyH - News Flash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I asked a question in Debi Wexler's thread about the ACA line. Brian picked the diamonds that he determined would make the grade to be ACAs. My question to Debi was who was going to evaluate and choose the diamonds for the ACA line now. Brian brought his years of experience and his involvement in developing the ACA diamonds to WF. To me, Brian has been the heart and soul of WF. When I bought my ACA, I worked with Leslie, Brian and John Q. They have all left WF and this does concern me. I know that WF does not owe us an explanation, but I feel uneasy about this situation. YMMV.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Lesley helped me with my purchase and she was first class too. I could not have asked for more and I am sure that things will be different at Whiteflash. As for the ACA stuff I merely quoted from the page. This thread is about them and not me and my tone so I will keep this quick. As for my tone being commented on in previous posts, how can you read/see a persons tone in written form? You have very little to go off... I will use smiley faces and other forms of written expression so you all can better understand my tone in the future. Deal? Here is an example so you know how I feel right now and are not left contemplating....
25.gif
I plan to use winks too, they seem to be very popular on the forum but I need to gain more experience using them before I dare break them out...
2.gif
Relax......

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 7:05:29 PM
Author: Allison D.
As many of you can imagine, this is an incredibly bittersweet parting for me.

I''ve come to develop great love and affection for both Brian and Lesley over the past six years, first as a customer and then as a colleague. The unselfish part of me that wants only the best for them is ecstatic for their new opportunities, and I understand this is the right choice for them. At the same time, the selfish part of me that enjoys working with them and learning from them is sad that we won''t have more time together on the same path.

I owe very much to both of them. When I came to them as a consumer, they shared their passion for exceptionally beautiful diamonds and jewelry until it ignited a passion within me, too. Then, they helped to provide an opportunity to extend that passion into doing work with Whiteflash that I''ve truly loved and provided great guidance along the way.

It''s been an honor to work with them, and I''ll miss having them on our team. I consider them personal friends and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.
Ditto Gwen, wonderful tribute Alj.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Brian- I am so sad to hear the news that you are parting from WF. Your wealth of knowledge, kindness, and passion for diamonds is second to none. It has been such an amazing honor to have been able to meet you and learn from you. I own many of your A Cut Above diamonds and love them all. They are truly the most beautiful stones I have and I enjoy looking at them daily. I wish you great success with your new endeavors and hope that we will continue to learn from you here on PS. You are an asset to this forum and I am sure you will be missed by many at WF.

Lesley- You are a beautiful person inside and out and I am sad to hear that you are leaving the WF team as well. I know I will miss our nutty phone conversations about all my jewelry wants and needs. You were a great team leader for WF; always answering emails late at night, quick to respond to any questions (no matter how crazy they may be), or fix the minor issues that only a Pricescoper would be worried about. I really enjoyed meeting you and wish you all the best of luck in your new adventures. I can only hope that we will still get a chance to work together again sometime in the future.

I’m looking forward to hearing what the New Year will bring! See you in 2009!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best of luck to both of you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best wishes to both you and Lesley. I can''t wait to hear what the future brings for the both of you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 11:13:00 PM
Author: beach
Uhhh please read this thread.. ACA is not going anywhere. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/welcome-to-the-whiteflash-world-of-an-entrepreneur.102725/

From what I understand, Brian patented the cut but he was not always the cutter. Read the whiteflash site for more info..... Should not make all of these assumptions until you ask questions...

This is what is on their site:
Whiteflash ACA diamonds are designed by Whiteflash and carefully cut by our Antwerp sightholder. Each Whiteflash ACA passes a set of rigorous tests for craftsmanship and light performance beyond the American Gem Society''s ideal grade, and each is protected by our guarantee of top optical symmetry. Fewer than one diamond in a million have hearts and arrows patterning and Whtieflash ACA stand with the most elite. They have been described as the most visually balanced diamonds in the world.
But, that''s exactly what we''re doing!

Debi''s statement is vague as to the maintenance of standards absent Brian (nothing personal, Debi):

"So, you can be sure that we will keep our Whiteflash ACA and all other traditions and dedication to the quality of diamonds, jewelry, designs, custom work --- all programs you have told us you love"

I, for one, will be asking her for a more precise answer on her thread tomorrow.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 11:15:29 AM
Author: Harriet

Uhhh please read this thread.. ACA is not going anywhere. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/welcome-to-the-whiteflash-world-of-an-entrepreneur.102725/

From what I understand, Brian patented the cut but he was not always the cutter. Read the whiteflash site for more info..... Should not make all of these assumptions until you ask questions...

Whiteflash ACA diamonds are designed by Whiteflash and carefully cut by our Antwerp sightholder. Each Whiteflash ACA passes a set of rigorous tests for craftsmanship and light performance beyond the American Gem Society's ideal grade, and each is protected by our guarantee of top optical symmetry. Fewer than one diamond in a million have hearts and arrows patterning and Whtieflash ACA stand with the most elite. They have been described as the most visually balanced diamonds in the world.
But, that's exactly what we're doing!

Debi's statement is vague as to the maintenance of standards absent Brian (nothing personal, Debi):

'So, you can be sure that we will keep our Whiteflash ACA and all other traditions and dedication to the quality of diamonds, jewelry, designs, custom work --- all programs you have told us you love'

I, for one, will be asking her for a more precise answer on her thread tomorrow.
Thanks for your post, Harriet. This is what I asked about in Debi's thread, as well. I think it is a very legitimate concern to ask about the integrity and maintenance of the ACA brand. I was talking to Brian, one day, and he referred to these diamonds as "Brian's babies." Who will be the new parent now? I purchased an ACA largely due to Brian's expertise, the education provided by John Q, and the superior customer service from Leslie. I cannot help being uneasy that they have all chosen to leave WF.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whiteflash ACA diamonds are designed by Whiteflash and carefully cut by our Antwerp sightholder. Each Whiteflash ACA passes a set of rigorous tests for craftsmanship and light performance beyond the American Gem Society''s ideal grade, and each is protected by our guarantee of top optical symmetry. Fewer than one diamond in a million have hearts and arrows patterning and Whtieflash ACA stand with the most elite. They have been described as the most visually balanced diamonds in the world.
But, that''s exactly what we''re doing!

Debi''s statement is vague as to the maintenance of standards absent Brian (nothing personal, Debi):

''So, you can be sure that we will keep our Whiteflash ACA and all other traditions and dedication to the quality of diamonds, jewelry, designs, custom work --- all programs you have told us you love''

This is what I was trying to get at in my original question. Are the exact same cutters in Antwerp going to continue cutting stones to Brian''s specs? I have seen some ACA''s recently that had numbers that formerly were not included in ACA''s (this was my impression and I am not positive, but I thought it at the time). Certainly they were still ideal, but just not in the range I was familiar with before. The thought occurred to me that WF may have more demand for ACA''s than they could accommodate with such narrow specs, so perhaps a business decision was made to expand the range of ideal stones included in ACA. This is total speculation, but I think it is one possibility.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the future, wherever it may lead you!! I''ve very much enjoyed working with you Lesley H.!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 2:26:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Whiteflash ACA diamonds are designed by Whiteflash and carefully cut by our Antwerp sightholder. Each Whiteflash ACA passes a set of rigorous tests for craftsmanship and light performance beyond the American Gem Society's ideal grade, and each is protected by our guarantee of top optical symmetry. Fewer than one diamond in a million have hearts and arrows patterning and Whtieflash ACA stand with the most elite. They have been described as the most visually balanced diamonds in the world.
But, that's exactly what we're doing!

Debi's statement is vague as to the maintenance of standards absent Brian (nothing personal, Debi):

'So, you can be sure that we will keep our Whiteflash ACA and all other traditions and dedication to the quality of diamonds, jewelry, designs, custom work --- all programs you have told us you love'

This is what I was trying to get at in my original question. Are the exact same cutters in Antwerp going to continue cutting stones to Brian's specs? I have seen some ACA's recently that had numbers that formerly were not included in ACA's (this was my impression and I am not positive, but I thought it at the time). Certainly they were still ideal, but just not in the range I was familiar with before. The thought occurred to me that WF may have more demand for ACA's than they could accommodate with such narrow specs, so perhaps a business decision was made to expand the range of ideal stones included in ACA. This is total speculation, but I think it is one possibility.
Those are some great questions! Be sure to post and let us all know what you find out. If you can recall, what numbers have you seen that were not initially included in ACA specs? Your speculation actually sounds really reasonable... I have my own speculations too but I don't want to share because I have been blasted by other members in the past lol.... Can't wait to find out :) Happy Holidays

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Leslesy,

I''ve had the good fortune of working with you on so many of my own, my friends and acquaintances diamond purchases with Whiteflash, and i thank you, and i wish you and Brian the best of luck in the future with your new venture.

Regards
Mark

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2008 2:50:35 PM
Those are some great questions! Be sure to post and let us all know what you find out. If you can recall, what numbers have you seen that were not initially included in ACA specs? Your speculation actually sounds really reasonable... I have my own speculations too but I don''t want to share because I have been blasted by other members in the past lol.... Can''t wait to find out :) Happy Holidays
Most ACA''s have a crown angle between 34 and 35 (and the majority are in the upper end of that range). But I have run across a couple at 33.9, for example. But that does not mean the stones aren''t great and H&A. And perhaps they were always there and I just didn''t notice until recently. But for months I looked through their stones in two different sizes, so I was pretty familiar with ACA measurements. But I am sure they wouldn''t label something ACA unless it was excellent regardless.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 10:47:42 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
This creates a lot of questions. Will WF still stock ACA diamonds? This might matter to people who were planning to upgrade later.

Wow I have to say that this is concerning to me. I just bought an ACA with the help of Leslie and Brian. I put my faith in WF in the ACA line and in the upgrade policy. These people leaving concerns me. I didn''t know John Pollard when he was with WF, but I have read many of his post - old and new - so these three people leaving WF is concerning. Coming from someone that was scared to buy online, this is just kind of shocking and disheartening. You know a local mall jeweler just went out of business. It''s hard to know where to buy a diamond from when you KNOW you want to upgrade. Will that company be there when you want to do so? With news like this it puts doubt in my mind and makes me nervous. Dang it! I really love my diamond and I PRAY the ACA quality remains the same so that I can upgrade to a bigger and better ACA in the future. Three main players leaving a company is worrisome to me honestly. I wish them the best of luck of course! I wish WF the best of luck and continued success. But I think people do have legitimate concerns and should be able to voice them.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lesley,
I truly enjoyed working with you on my bezel studs. You were so great and turned everything around so fast. I''m going to miss working with you on my future projects at WF but I''m really looking forward to seeing what comes of you and Brian in 2009!

Take care and Happy Holidays!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Leslie and Brian:

I''ve had the pleasure of working with you on several projects and cannot thank you enough for the experience!

I''ll never forget the time I spent with Brian during my visits to the WF offices. It was great to see where the action took place, and of course to "play" with all the sparklies.

Best wishes for your future endeavor- can''t wait to learn more!

Happy Holidays!

S.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I am melting down now! Just paid for my wband with ACAs in it. Damn! Wish I had have waited!!!!!! God, maybe I can stop the order until I find out more info.

Panicking now
23.gif
32.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 9:20:37 PM
Author: honey22
OMG! I am melting down now! Just paid for my wband with ACAs in it. Damn! Wish I had have waited!!!!!! God, maybe I can stop the order until I find out more info.

Panicking now
23.gif
32.gif
Honey, please don''t panic.....there''s positively no need to.
1.gif

The w-band will be exactly what you ordered and expected; no worries.

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Brian:

My wife is proud too wear the 5 ACA''S that
she owns.It doesn''t matter if it''s a newline
or a classic,we own both and their all beautiful.

good luck in your new ventures.

your friend Tom

Karma1221

Rough_Rock
An interesting follow up to my concerns. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who felt concern...and I haven't even purchased yet!

I still have reservations though (nothing personal WF). I mean, three key people (according to what I read here) leave the company? That is not a positive sign of things to come, espeically considering that Brian was one of the key players in this companys inner workings.

The title of Debi's post is interesting...'The World of an Entrepreneur' I think? I can't say that her response makes me feel any more comfortable. She's exactly that--an entrepreneur 'spinning' a bad situation. I feel like there is something more that I can't quite put my finger on.

I never heard from anyone on my last question. Is there any other vendors that you all can recommend? This probably isn't the correct post to be asking this on...maybe someone can point me in the right direction? Just a little scary diving in with Whiteflash with the way things have played out recently.
32.gif
A shame too since I had basically made up my mind.....
7.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2008 11:39:08 PM
Author: Karma1221
An interesting follow up to my concerns. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who felt concern...and I haven't even purchased yet!

I still have reservations though (nothing personal WF). I mean, three key people (according to what I read here) leave the company? That is not a positive sign of things to come, espeically considering that Brian was one of the key players in this companys inner workings.

The title of Debi's post is interesting...'The World of an Entrepreneur' I think? I can't say that her response makes me feel any more comfortable. She's exactly that--an entrepreneur 'spinning' a bad situation. I feel like there is something more that I can't quite put my finger on.

I never heard from anyone on my last question. Is there any other vendors that you all can recommend? This probably isn't the correct post to be asking this on...maybe someone can point me in the right direction? Just a little scary diving in with Whiteflash with the way things have played out recently.
32.gif
A shame too since I had basically made up my mind.....
7.gif
Truly, if you are ready to purchase now, I would feel totally comfortable buying from WF. The ACA's are still the same as they were. I've looked at the inventory to recommend stones to people on Rocky Talky the last couple of days, and I wouldn't be recommending them if I didn't have confidence in the stones and the company. I think we on PS knew John Pollard the best because he was here all the time, and Brian was always referred to as the expert cutter who chose the cut for the ACA's and then approved the cut stones for the line. We knew Leslie as director of sales. These three were known the most because of their direct or indirect presence on PS. But Debi Wexler was the one running the business, and she is still there. WF is a successful company as far as I know, and I am sure Debi will do what is necessary to keep it that way.

I looked at a couple of vendors when I was looking for my stones, because it sometimes takes awhile to find exactly what you're looking for. But if I found a stone at WF now, I'd certainly buy it. (I realize I realy didn't answer your question, because I don't think there is reason to be afraid to purchase from WF. But I have bought beautiful stones from both WF and Good Old Gold, and those would be two companies I would highly recommend from my own experience).

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
What a shock!
I do wish Brian, Lesley and WF all the best. (And most certainly John Pollard.)

It must be very stressful for WF to see all this discussed publicly like this, but that is the nature of the net today.
While difficult it is the same Internet forum that brings customers in.

Naturally everyone is curious, why did these three major players leave and are the round and princess ACA "recipes" safe or subject to loosening standards, now that Brian's gone, to meet demand.
A Brand is a precious and delicate thing.
Public perception is so vital to a brand's health.

The real reasons people make career changes are private and we may never know what happened behind closed doors.

BTW, who owns WF?
Debi?
A group of investors?
Is it private or publicly held?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone briefly explain to me the difference in classic and new line ACAs?

When will we know where Brian and Lesley have gone? I bought my ACA from WF with the expectation to upgrade. But I''m a bit disappointed with them at the moment. So I''d consider keeping the stone for sentimental value and then "upgrading" with a new purchase elsewhere. Where have they gone?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2009 11:23:21 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
Can someone briefly explain to me the difference in classic and new line ACAs?

When will we know where Brian and Lesley have gone? I bought my ACA from WF with the expectation to upgrade. But I'm a bit disappointed with them at the moment. So I'd consider keeping the stone for sentimental value and then 'upgrading' with a new purchase elsewhere. Where have they gone?
See this thread and read John Quixote's ( now known as John Pollard) posts for an explanation of the differences between the two styles.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aca-stone-new-line-or-classic.36907/

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 12:32:43 AM
Author: Moh 10
What a shock!

It must be very stressful for WF to see all this discussed publicly like this, but that is the nature of the net today.

Naturally everyone is curious, why did these three major players leave and are the round and princess ACA ''recipes'' safe or subject to loosening standards, now that Brian''s gone, to meet demand.
Public perception is so vital to a brand''s health.

The real reasons people make career changes are private and we may never know what happened behind closed doors.

BTW, who owns WF?
Debi?
A group of investors?
It''s private, but I don''t know who the owners are.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 11:31:03 AM

Date: 1/2/2009 12:32:43 AM
Author: Moh 10
What a shock!

Naturally everyone is curious, why did these three major players leave and are the round and princess ACA ''recipes'' safe or subject to loosening standards, now that Brian''s gone, to meet demand.
Public perception is so vital to a brand''s health.

BTW, who owns WF?
Debi?
A group of investors?
It''s private, but I don''t know who the owners are.

I always assumed Debi and Brian owned it. I could be wrong of course.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I did expect another more detailed post from Brian (& Lesley) offering more information once the 1/01/09 deadline passed.

Will there be another company? A rival to WF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results