shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin re-cut and milgrain bezel pendant redesign!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very lovely! Love the back detail, and it's the perfect size on you. Looks fab!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS!

I was admiring this pendant and was wondering how it behaves? I love the back, and I'm curious as to whether it flips forward or not - you have a 17" chain, right? Where does the pendant hit your neck?

Thanks for any feedback -

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1345937814|3257119 said:
Hi DS!

I was admiring this pendant and was wondering how it behaves? I love the back, and I'm curious as to whether it flips forward or not - you have a 17" chain, right? Where does the pendant hit your neck?

Thanks for any feedback -

Hi, ecf! Sorry I am just now seeing your question.

Yes, my chain is 17". If you scroll down the first page of the thread, you can see two shots with button-down shirts.

If I were to do it again, I would still adapt the back, but the little circle in the back needs to be much larger so it sits more flat against my skin. That will keep it from rolling. It will sort of roll from side to side if I turn my head. Maybe it leans down when I lean down, too, but it doesn't really flip. I meant for the back center circle to be larger at the outset, but since I didn't specify how large, I really couldn't say much when it was a little too small to do what I intended. It's not bad, but it could be improved. I wish I had a way to draw it for you, but I am not sure how to do that!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply! The back is just beautiful (as is the face of course - love the milgrain!). Just considering my options. :)

kayi078

Rough_Rock
Im planning to get a 0.75ct AGS I color with strong blue fluorescence and mount it in Barbara Milgrain pendant.

Do you think the super ideal cut AGS I color will face up as white as F? This is for my mom 65's bday and i know she will dislike if it shows yellow tint in face up position. Thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im planning to get a 0.75ct AGS I color with strong blue fluorescence and mount it in Barbara Milgrain pendant.

Do you think the super ideal cut AGS I color will face up as white as F? This is for my mom 65's bday and i know she will dislike if it shows yellow tint in face up position. Thanks.

I would have to say no, that and I color superideal cut will not face up as white as an F if they are compared side by side, however, I would also say that an I color stone doesn't face up yellow, either. If your mother has F colored diamonds and think she might compare them, then you might have a problem. But in most cases, an I colored stone faces up pretty white in natural lighting.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS - do you still have this pendant? My word, it's a beautiful piece - and the back is just lovely as well! It's timeless.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, mrs-b! Yes, I do still have this pendant, but it is smaller than I like, so I do plan on resetting it at some point!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cluster necklace has a stone about the same size (tho nowhere near as nice for quality) in the center, then is surrounded by 20pt stones. I don't really see you as a daisy kind of girl, but if you want presence, it's a great way to do it, and I like the cheery, perky-floral kind of feel to my pendant. Wouldn't want it on a ring or on earrings (to my way of thinking, not all clusters have a real daisy effect like my necklace does) - but it works on that pendant and I get a lot of wear from it. The daisy style makes it a nice casual piece, even though it's 2.4ctw. On the other hand, a tighter cluster setting (as opposed to daisy) would be awesome on a stone like yours! I'll look forward to seeing where you go with it, if you decide to reset!

ETA And just to add - that second photo...be still my heart!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, mrsb! I do love your pendant! I have that style on my list of possibilities and I very well may do it that way, but possibly with smaller stones..maybe 5-10 pointers? There are a couple of art deco designs that tempt me, too. I kind of see this as a special occasion pendant, because I wear a small diamond cross on a daily basis. So we shall see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results