shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Boadicea the Valiant

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy, Happy Birthday, you most gorgeous thing!! That smile has lit up my day!

Here's to the next year, to answers & solutions, to rest, relaxation & a hopefully trip to Paris!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Happy belated b-day @mrs-b!
so glad to hear you are on the mend.
Boadicea is just STUNNING .

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b well I apologize for missing the bday on the bday, but onward to the next decade.. I am sorry I had stuck in my head about the operation and the recovery so I forgot to stick in my head the Bday..

Now, you know how I feel about you.. You are a breathe of fresh air, you are generous and kind to a fault, we are blessed to share your journey in life, and jewelry, your god daughter, your pup, your gorgeous hubster, I truly feel humbled. So.. Happy 2 day after bday and btw the 60s are vibrant, alive, beautiful and energizing.. I am sorry your mom and dad didn't make it.. but they are so happy about you! who wouldn't be.

New emerald cut OMG OMG OMG.. the setting is perfect.. such such class.. the gold is beautiful.. and I would like one of the bangles ;-) xoxoxoxoxo (I saw it on insta and like whitewave hoped it was a Pser). :) :)

Continue to recover and I am so happy to know you and to have met you. You are a real fighter! onward! xoxoxoxo

love Kate

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy happy birthday, @mrs-b !

Have a wonderful day and enjoy your new bling. Everything is exquisite, but I particularly live the bangles.. Classic, elegant, wonderful

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday mrs-b. Sorry I’m tardy but it looks like you certainly celebrated in style. The only thing missing was your tiara.

AD78F9E7-A4DA-4181-82E7-14D8EBD8CC0C.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @moneymeister. I've been thinking today that I need to try to focus more on living my life than worrying about it. Easier said than done, but I'm going to try to 'suck the marrow out of life', as the famous quote goes. And enjoying my bling will certainly be part of that! :))

Thank you so much, @ccuheartnurse - I'm so glad you like them! I feel as tho this was a super-major milestone for me - next goal is 70!! :mrgreen:

Thanks, @diamondseeker2006 :wavey: Yes, it was a hugely happy day. The hoops are, as I recall, 1 3/4". They're a little less than what I consider 'big hoops', but still large enough to give a casual vibe. I find small hoops to be a tad...tight? Conservative? Anal retentive??? Maybe all of those. I do have a range of sizes, but these are the ones I reach for the most. Love them.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party and all has been said so just my usual speechlessness when it comes to Any of your pieces...sigh

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T - I have to say, I laughed when I saw that big smiley photo!! When I'm happy there's no hiding it! And yesterday, I was happy. :)) I'm glad I could share my joy with you. <3

Thank you, @EC8! I love her, too. And she's SUPER comfortable. One day I'm going to set her in a yellow diamond baguette halo - and that was in fact my intent this time around. But with the whole quarantine thing, and then the shut down of the LA diamond district, there was no chance I was going to get the finished product for my birthday - which was important both to me and my husband, so I compromised on something more doable - which I love anyway - and here we are. I do look forward to Boadicea reaching her final resting place, tho!

@Bayek - I'm so glad you like her! And thank you for the kind birthday wishes. However - I have 2 questions, and 2 only:

Is that your pool -

and -

Can I come over?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kipari :)) Thank you so much! I'm pretty fond of those bangles myself. They go with everything - understated, dressy, casual - all of it. Love it! A really handy addition to any collection, I think.

@Bonfire!! You made me spit my coffee!! I think I definitely DO need a tiara! But...where would I wear it?? Maybe just around the house, in my pyjamas. :D Clearly, there's a time and a place for everything!

Awww - thank you, @nala! I'm glad you like them. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love flowers - they're my favorite gift - and I received a *bunch* of them for my birthday. I thought I'd share a few photos. :))

Lilies in my front hall. Above it is a small embroidery with DH's and my names and our marriage date.

20200621_203243.jpg

20200621_203219.jpg

Two smaller bunches made from one large bunch - one in my kitchen and one in my family room.

20200621_181151.jpg

20200621_181414.jpg

From my in-laws, in my bedroom.

20200621_181241.jpg

And most spectacular of all - roses and peonies - fresh from @HudsonHawk's garden! You can't really make it out from this photo, but this bunch is HUGE!

20200621_181443.jpg

And this photo is of my new bird house and feeder, which Tim hung for me this afternoon. I love it!

20200621_202741.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhhh I just LOVE that EC ring - she is amazing (just like you!) :kiss2: Happy Birthday mate.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is beautiful. Congratulations on your birthday and may you celebrate many more!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a marvelous few days full of love, flowers and bling!

Your new sparkles are absolutely gorgeous, wear them in good health!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b You and T are just the cutest couple :love:

A very happy birthday to you!!!! And congratulations on unmentionable-free pets (I wish), clean house (I wish), chirping birds (got plenty of those, got any tips to shut ‘em up?), people who love you (how could we not?), continued existence (there’s a harrumph in here somewhere but the witticism escapes me…) and of course your FABULOUS FedEx haul!!

Let’s go straight to big girl, shall we? That EC. What a profile. Perfect amount of finger coverage. Perfectly proportioned and angled sidestones. You did good, girl. You already know you did. I wonder which ring will get most finger-time… You have a number of different but equally spectacular and sentimental options…

So your stone is an S/T? For some reason I was thinking it’s a Q/R. My memory is going - normally I can recite other PSers’ ring stats like I’ve wagered everything on Daily Double. I suppose, based on your description and the fact that we all know grading in these lower ranges is a bit iffy, it could easily be a Q/R on a different day!

So 0.25-4.07-0.25. I’m hooked and I can’t stop staring, all right.

The bangles… I confess I giggled a little. How very *you* to need a matched pair!! They look wonderful flanking your plain bangle ::)

And your new bird feeder is just darling. Do you have bluebirds in your area? I’ve seen SO many around here recently!! They’re still too timid to brave the cardinals and jays for the feeders though. That’d be a spectacular photo, that plumage against those box colours :cool2:

We're going to need a LOT more photos. Cough 'em up. (Not literally - kindly don't let your various innards take that literally, they've spent quite enough time rebelling this year).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @GliderPoss! We made a long weekend of it - Friday, Saturday AND Sunday! We had a lovely time and a bunch of fun. And you're quite right - that great big ring didn't hurt one little bit, either!! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much,@1ofakind. :)) I hope to enjoy many more such celebrations, tho future birthdays will have a lot to beat to surpass this one! It was a very special time, from every direction! Next time, tho, I wouldn't mind doing it *without* the medical dramas!!

Hallo, @RunningwithScissors :wavey: Thank you for your kind words and warm wishes. it was a great time and I feel as tho my heart is full - and what more than that can a girl ask for? :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - hallo, dearest!

It was an AWESOME long weekend and we had the BEST time. Firstly - I WASN'T IN HOSPITAL!! Best kick-start to a party EVER! When I was 20 - one week before my 21st birthday party - my mother died. It was a horrible, difficult time. But - I have to say - if you really want people to turn up - that's certainly the way to do it! People, cards, cakes, and warm wishes of every kind just ROLLED in from people far and wide who felt for me that my 21st birthday (and the party was modeled on my mother's, no less - black tie, yacht, everything she'd had for her 21st) had been put firmly in the rearview mirror by the sudden, very public death of my very well known mother. So when you're turning 60 - and there was aaaaalllll that symbolism intentionally built into the event - ie 21 was my last huge birthday and my mother died, and this is me now, drawing a line in the sand and living beyond both my parents, and celebrating it with victory and all the joie de vivre we can muster! - and then Covid kicks in for the whole world, and virtually every other illness on the planet kicks in for me - and all the plans get tossed - believe me when I tell you - the people who love you TURN UP. Big time.

Leading up to the event, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. When I looked at my body - covered in bruises - and saw all my airline tickets - now cancelled, and all my swim suits sitting in the closet, still with their tags on, and my email filled with cancellations - well, I was indulging a pretty big case of the Self Pity's!

But - honestly, Yssie - at some point on Saturday, it was like I had a moment of clarity. I saw myself laying on the sofa in my beautiful home, looking at my gorgeous new diamond ring, eating gourmet antipasti and drinking French champagne, surrounded by flowers, Zooming with friends and family, receiving phone calls and emails and cards and gifts...and I knew I had more reason to be ashamed than sorry for myself. It was a wake-up call, and I knew it was time to remember a) how lucky I was, but - perhaps more to the point, b) that my responsibility to the world was not negated just because I'd been a bit sick. Rather, it became a time to be grateful, and to start thinking about how I could contribute more - and asking myself what I could GIVE, since I've been so monumentally blessed.

Not least of which - with an awesome husband, as you so rightly identified! He is just the best man ever, and he went all out to give me the best birthday possible. Only a self-centered narcissist could have watched that man run around behind me for 3 days and not realize I am one totally indulged woman.

Which brings us to Boadicea....

Do you like her? I think she's the bee's knees! When I started looking for either an OEC or an EC, I was specifically looking for something R or warmer. As an S-T, I thought I'd really hit on something. But then, when she arrived, she was so white for her grade, I wasn't quite sure what to do with her. I still hope, at some point, to have her set in a frame of baguette yellow diamonds, but even as she is, once set in her yellow bezel, she exuded a soft golden glow, which I LOVE. Her tint is yellow - not brown or grey - a light, pure yellow. Not enough to be called a yellow diamond - but enough to show just the slightest implication - just the teensiet hint - of pure sunshine. She is downright beautiful.

And I can't believe you're mocking my jewelry OCD tendencies! Listen - anything that gets me another diamond bangle is to be respected!! :mrgreen: I have a yellow bangle, a rose gold one, and a silver one - all identical, and the diamond bangles, while looking perfect on their own, look equally faboosh either side of any of these. I'm also planning to wear all 5 together at some point, tho this will be quite the armful!

As for my bird feeder - Cirrus my English setter - does not approve. At all. We have desecrated his verandah, in his opinion, and he has Views - with a capital V! It's possible we'll move it at some point to a place where Cirrus can't see it - mostly out of deference to our long-suffering neighbors! This could be my first, and very real, contribution to the new 'Be kinder to others' commitment for this year. I'm sure my neighbors would approve!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok @mrs-b, I hope you’ll forgive me in not commenting right away. Hopefully you are like me and you enjoy anything that extends the birthday festivities ;-)! I’ve been lurking in this thread since it first popped up, trying to figure out how to congratulate you properly. 4235DEC8-5FA4-45AE-B41E-25D3B0A817B8.jpeg 8C64423B-9584-49FA-A90F-484D0C63A9C8.jpeg CB912C6E-E1FF-46D1-88AE-BE303C445034.png 571FFFA7-DF59-47AF-8FF5-3333E594373B.jpeg You are classy in every sense - not just in your aesthetic tastes and bling choices, but in the language you use, and in the way you treat others. I don’t know how you manage to respond to so many comments on your threads, but you regularly do.

For some reason (I’m sure I’m not alone in this) I feel a bond with you, whether it is because you are so personable and come through so strongly in your posts, or because I aspire to have a collection (and a classiness!) like yours, or... je ne sais quoi! You are a real role model to me, and as you know you have already helped to steer me in an excellent bling direction. I will always appreciate that (and so will my bank account).

After reading through this thread, I’ve decided that my birthday gifts for you are a photo of the prettiest flower I could find on my forest walk, and a photo of the prettiest baguette halo setting I have ever seen (IMO). I hope these pictures delight your eye and give you a moment of PSer joy! Your attitude of gratitude is another thing I admire about you, and I particularly love it when you’re feeling grateful for your bling and allowing all of us to join you on your journey... and feel grateful for the sharing of your pics! I will include one of my fave pics you uploaded. Omg- that wrist stack is AMAZING and you are giving me style ideas! My own thread will pop up one day, when my collection is a little more curated and refined such as your own.

That’s the word- refined! That is you in a nutshell. Classy, refined, and kind. Have a wonderful birthday month and may your health be kinder to you going forward <3

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Late as usual! :lol: Distracted by the bling on the way down, yes, that's it!
Happy Big 60!
happybelatedbirthday.gif

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair! What a lovely (and somewhat embarrassing!) post! Thank you for all those lovely comments! I have to be honest, tho - as a refined woman, you'd probably be interested to know that I just got through a long chat with my English setter, Cirrus, breaking to him the news that he has poo stuck to his bottom. As it turns out, one can only be as refined as life allows one to be! :mrgreen:

I'm so glad you feel my comments have been helpful re your collection. It seems to me that the heart of doing almost anything well rests in knowing oneself. So often we're swept along in the tide of public opinion and current fashion, whereas a great collection of almost *anything* is defined by its individuality.

Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos with me. Field flowers are the *best*! Such joy and spirit! And that ring is stunning; I'll bet someone is getting great joy from wearing that beauty! And I'm so glad you like my bangle stack - I figure if I can't make a statement with 10+ctw of diamonds, I'm not trying!

@ItsMainelyYou - I love that meme! You've gotta love a party sloth with cake! Thank you for the kind wishes - it was a great day. :))

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
We did a little photo shoot.... :mrgreen: :D :bigsmile: :kiss2:

So - right from the get-go - I'm going to start with the knock-out punch!

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

20200626_104756.jpg

YES!!! :kiss2: :love: :kiss2: :love: :kiss2: :love: :kiss2: :love: :appl: :dance: it's a knock out for sure:bigsmile: how about a diamond band in there too :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b It is absolute perfection! :kiss2:
How are you feeling today? x

Hi @Niffler75 :))

Firslty - I'm really glad you like it - I absolutely love it! That pale yellow.... :kiss2:

I'm feeling ok today and yesterday, tho I still have vague pain in my chest, which bothers me. It's very mild, but I still don't love it. On Tuesday and Wednesday, tho, I didn't feel so well. Heart racing for no reason at all, and plenty of mild headaches - tho I've kind of put that down to recovery. I suspect I need to cut myself a little more slack and go a bit slower; it's been a LOT over the last 6 or 7 weeks.

On the other hand - not feeling too bad because...well...did you *see* those rings?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results