shape
carat
color
clarity

Blingapalooza payoff!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's incredible!!! I have never seen such a stunning stone!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no words, so I'll just do this: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeaniefish|1326665901|3103658 said:
Hi Kelpie,
Thanks so much for answering my question about fluorescence. When I read my post again ( after I had already hit the submit button, natch :wacko: ) , I was afraid I had insulted you! Your diamond is the most beautiful emerald cut ( really looks like emerald & asscher got together and created the perfect diamond child!) that I have ever seen. I'm going to go and read that discussion on fluorescence now.My local jeweler once remarked to me that he had a gorgeous 5 carat diamond on consignment but couldn't sell it, due to the fluorescence. I could kick myself now for not asking to see it! If it was half as dreamy as your diamond, what a rock that must have been! I look forward to seeing your pictures of the finished piece when you have your diamond set.

I hope you don't mind my butting in, ladies.

My 2 cents about fluor is that whilst I do love it and it *can* be reaaaally cool, the hazy effect does happen more often IRL than one might think just from reading posts on PS (but obviously this is still a rare occurence). I have several stones with fluor and have just returned one that's made slightly hazy because of fluor. I have also seen a stone - a while ago - that was very very hazy from very strong fluor. And there are others I've come across too. Sometimes, even the certs and/or the vendors say there's no fluor and yet there is (as in the case of the stone I just returned, due to its haziness, albeit very slight and only in certain lighting conditions). The moral of the story is that you'd need to have it checked by an independent appraiser (I shall *never ever* buy a diamond again in the future without having an appraisal done, regardless of how reputable a vendor is or what the cert says). AND I"d also check out a newly purchased diamond in different lightings just to be 1000% certain that fluor doesn't have any negative impact on the stone.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
winternight|1326738399|3104357 said:
kelpie|1326320981|3100707 said:
sapphirering|1326319747|3100692 said:
I have a great local jeweler I use. They are ok with me sourcing my own sides as long as they aren't too wonky. Most jewelers won't let customers source their sides for that reason (and because they no doubt make alot off them). Sourcing sides is my secret talent. I scored these 24 five point carre cuts for less than the melt price of the gold in the ring!!!

Are you in the dc area? Do you mind sharing your jeweler? I'd love to find someone to go to locally. Or I might be confusing you with someone else.

Yup, I'm from DC and still get my jewelry made there even though I live overseas. I use Hunt Country Jewelers in northern Loudon country.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I must be crazy... I had the stone for almost two years and after thinking long and hard about how I wanted to set it, I actually stumbled upon the exact Jeff Cooper Naomi setting I'd dreamt of on ebay for a steal back in February. It was for a smaller princess so I finally had the head redone and got it back today. I took me so long because I felt like I needed some milestone accomplished for such a fabulous ring but next week my husband is going on a year long post overseas and this will be a tiny bit of company for me while he's gone. These are just iPad pics, a proper shoot is promised for the future.

_10226.jpg

_10227.jpg

_10228.jpg

_10229.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1379718516|3524443 said:
I must be crazy... I had the stone for almost two years and after thinking long and hard about how I wanted to set it, I actually stumbled upon the exact Jeff Cooper Naomi setting I'd dreamt of on ebay for a steal back in February. It was for a smaller princess so I finally had the head redone and got it back today. I took me so long because I felt like I needed some milestone accomplished for such a fabulous ring but next week my husband is going on a year long post overseas and this will be a tiny bit of company for me while he's gone. These are just iPad pics, a proper shoot is promised for the future.

It's gorgeous Kelpie! :love: Your patience paid off-love it! I cannot wait to see more pics...wear in health and happiness!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is PERFECT! Step cut deliciousness and ugh it's so good!

:appl: :love: :D :naughty:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Perfection! :love: :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So glad she's finally set - and so beautifully!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
To quote you: Amazeballs!

Hand shots please!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, stunning stone and amazing setting!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite diamonds EVER...and the setting is just perfect for it! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn't be set in a more perfect mounting, and a band to match!!! I love it! If I recall I think you're size 4.5 like me, if you ever need someone to keep it warm I'm available :appl: hand shots please !

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
How lovely :love: If I had a step cut, that's the setting I'll put it in. I love the whole package!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! From the beautiful diamond to the final setting! Awesome! :appl: :love:

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous!!! this is 1 of my favorite rings for sure!! Please post hand shots soon!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Keplie I love thiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
NICE ONE! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results