shape
carat
color
clarity

Blingapalooza payoff!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL STONE!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

What are your setting plans?? (or did I miss that in the string of accolades? :lol: )

Solitaire? Pendant? 3 stone.... details!!!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing, its beautiful. :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just WOW :o You did good! There is something special about an emerald cut, and that stone captures it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!!!! :love: :love:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That is GORGEOUS!
:love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow. definitely paid off! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good eye, congrats!

cheers--Sahron

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! What an incredible stone. I can't wait to see what you do with it. :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Um, wow! I'm not an EC or step-cut fan, but this stone is seriously amazing. I LOVE it!!! Congrats, can't wait to see it set!!! :love: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can my stone invite your stone over for a drink???? That is the most AMAZING emerald I've ever seen! The steps are gorgeous and with that cutlet to boot!! Oh my....you are a lucky, lucky lady!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :cheeky: beautiful...breathtaking. Did I help fund that beauty...? I love my trinket! :wavey:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been staring at my own non-antique H vvs1 1.5 ct *Asscher* all day now ... wondering: how would it look with an open culet?! And who could I convince to do it??!! :naughty: :Up_to_something: :devil:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!

You know, your stone reminds me a little of beautiful estate elongated asscher widget had set into a 3-stone by Leon Mege. Look up the thread, it's amazing. Her's had asscher sidestones, but yours could go great with traps.

Anne

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh it's so fabulous. I can't wait to see it set and on your hand! What a wonderful stone!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING :love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Nom Nom Nom. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

There is nothing as beautiful as a good step cut diamond.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap is that beautiful!!!!!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :love: :love: :love:

Congrats on such a great find! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, what a beauty :love: It looks amazing. I am jealous :cheeky:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that really is a very special stone!! :love: Absolutely amazing!! It's gorgeous kelpie, a really wonderful find!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!! :-o (Has any thread ever gotten this many "wows" before???) That is one incredible diamond. Seriously. I LOVE it!!!!! :love: :love: :love: One of my favorite diamonds ever.

omc111

Rough_Rock
Absolutely magnificent!! It takes my breath away...

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I don't even know what to say. That diamond is beyound gorgeous. How on earth did you find it on Ebay?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: I just fell in love with step cuts all over again! Incredible! congratulations!! I could not make myself wait a whole year to set it, on the other hand, that gives you lots to time to think up an equally dreamy setting design! :lickout:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Holy mama!! That is incredible!!!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question though. Maybe it's been answered in previous threads but, why does the certificate say no culet when there's a large beautiful one?

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
That may be one of the most beautiful emerald cuts I've ever seen. Congratulations!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! This is just absolutely :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Many many congrats!! This has fuelled my pasion for EC's even more!! :appl:

Can we please have more pics of this amazing beauty?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's beautiful!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
LaraOnline- Thank you!

natyLad- Yep, I pretty much felt the same way in real life

Bean- Thanks!

blueiris- Thank you, I’ve always wanted a step cut.

Yssie, Uppy, MrsM, QueenB29, mom2boys, Resonance.Of.Life, Cachette, Rosetta, purplesilk, rainydaze, armywife13, Bella_mezzo, motownmama Lottie UK, Part Gypsy, Dani, Diamond Diana, Amys Bling, Canuck-gal, Farley’s mom , Star Sparkle, Ann H, Coatimundi, Charmypoo, Kenny, Lil Misfit, Junebug, Diamondseeker, OMC111, Christina, GeckoLady, Madelise - Thank you so much!

Asscherhalorlover- Yup it was pretty much like Sophie's choice, but I need that puppy to stay safe.

chel180- The fluor is the cherry on top!

atp223- I apologize for not getting back to you, DB didn’t deliver your message to my email (it’s notoriously flakey.) I do still have the sapphire ring, I actually am wearing it now. I ended up being glad I didn’t sell it because I just Love.it.So.Much. But I’ll get your email in case I list it again down the road.

stargurl78-That’s quite a compliment, thank you!

Circe- Thank you, this will be a great exercise in patience for me.

Skippy- I wish our stones would have a nekkie diamond playdate!

decodelighted- “Kruppette” I LOVE it! Thank you!

Karl- Thanks again for your help on this!

JuneRose- That is why I sold most of my stuff, I felt like it was almost a once-in-a-lifetime type diamond.

slg47- These are most of what I have picture wise til we’re reunited. I wish PS would allow videos, I took one!

Enerchi- I originally wanted the knock off the Krupp setting down to the last detail and make it a “mini-krupp” but my score of a bunch of Carre cuts diamonds makes me think I’ll set those all the way down the shank starting flush at the end of the tapered baguettes. I’m having a tough time locating the right baguettes.

Sapphirering- That MC2 piece is gorgeous! I’m obsessed with all their stuff but am totally priced out. My local jeweler had a few MC2 pieces 50% off and even then I couldn’t afford them. I’m totally going to start saving up so I can maybe snag something at their next annual sale though, they were exquisite in real life.

Yennyfire- We should totally have a toast to open culets! Thank you for your part in making this happen.

MayK- You certainly did, pat yourself on the back!

Deco- LOL! Karl said some culets were added later after there was some damage. Um, single stone?

Bright Ice- No one is more jealous than I am of your stone. I stalked that thing for YEARS before you bought it. I really thought it was “the one”. And the re-set, GAH!

Winternight- I just stumbled on it with no plans to buy something for myself, hence the frantic sell off. I think I was trying to help Lyra price a second hand round brilliant so was just searching for used diamonds with GIA reports. I do a lot of sifting through ebay for treasures.

Iota15- That is actually why I got in touch with Karl to seek his advice. I was concerned with that and the fact that the facet plot is wrong. This is an emerald cut because the ratio is 1:12 but the facet pattern is like an asscher where the windmills terminate into a culet instead of a keel like a typical emerald. Karl told me not to worry and alleviated my fears saying that someone had done an experiment sending a step cut that didn’t fit the usual notions to GIA three times, and each time the report called it something different. They don’t have a uniform way to grade the ones that don’t fit in their pigeon holes, and a culet is pretty unheard of for most emerald cuts passing through GIA.

Phoenix- That antique step cut you were considering also contributed to planting the idea in my head that an antique step cut would be boss. Unfortunately the next time I’ll be able to post more pics is probably when it’s set in a year or so. I might add the vendor photos, they’re great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results