shape
carat
color
clarity

Blingapalooza payoff!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Lula's search for an antique emerald reminded me how I've been holding out. I was pinteresting one day and saw an antique emerald cut with an open culet, and I actually lost my breath when I saw it. I'm sure it was like a million dollars but it planted a little seed in my mind that an antique emerald cut would be a freakin' amazing thing to own. A few weeks later I was cruising ebay, just looking at diamonds with GIA reports and I found the most amazing stone. If I had been purposefully looking for a stone like this I don't think I would have ever been able to find one with as perfect of proportions and strong blue fluorescence. It's called Kruppy and he's the total package!

A huge thank you to everyone who helped me out and bought from me, and thanks to Karl K for confirming the awesomeness of this stone.

All I know is that is came from a 90 year old woman's platinum engagement ring and the estate jeweler recently had it sent to GIA. I made the heart wrenching move to leave it in my safe deposit box when I went back to Tanzania, so it'll be about a year before I do anything with it. I'll probably knock of Liz' Taylor's Krupp with double prongs and tapered bags but with carre cuts down the shank (found some cheap, of course).

krupcert.png

kruppy 037.JPG

kruppy 027.JPG

kruppy 030.JPG

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Just.....wow

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Larger specs:

Emerald Cut
Measurements: 7.11 x 6.33 x 4.38 mm
Carat Weight: 1.60 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS1
Proportions:
Depth: 69.1%
Table: 54%
Girdle: Medium to Thick
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Strong Blue

kruppy 031.JPG

kruppy 033.JPG

kruppy 035.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :-o :shock: :-o :love: :love: :love: i saw this stone and i felt as if a thunder hit me on the head...i'll be back to make comments when i recover from the shock....

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous stone! I still have such a soft spot for emerald cut diamonds ... and that is one real beauty. Congratulations!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. That is gorgeous... just... wow.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! My eyes just popped out of my head when I saw those pictures! Truly a one-of-a-kind stone! And that amazing side shot with the blue fluorescence........ :love:

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Wow--now THAT is an amazing stone! I can totally see why you fell in love with it. Thanks for sharing...

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats a beauty and I don't even like step cuts! Loving the fl x

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Kelpie, that diamond is breathtaking! I'm so excited for you!!

On a blingapalooza related note - is it over now that you are back in TZ?? I sent you a message on db about one of your rings the other day. If it is still for sale let me know!

Congrats again on the new bling - it's SOOO pretty!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :cheeky: :naughty: :o :love: :bigsmile: :twirl: :love: :naughty: :twirl: :love: :o :o :cheeky: :love: :love: :love:

Oh Kelpie that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is now my fave step-cut on PS (well maybe tied with Kenny's Octavia)... I have never seen an old-cut step-cut stone before. Wow, just wow. I can't wait to see the finished ring once its set!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
atp223|1326218363|3099484 said:
Kelpie, that diamond is breathtaking! I'm so excited for you!!

On a blingapalooza related note - is it over now that you are back in TZ?? I sent you a message on db about one of your rings the other day. If it is still for sale let me know!

Congrats again on the new bling - it's SOOO pretty!
Woops, I'll check my messages, it doesn't always email me. I left just about everything in the bank so it's over but I can contact you next time I'm stateside. Sorry about that.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I am sooooo jealous. :mrgreen:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, Kelpie! That is magnificent - I'd be counting the hours until I could be reunited with it!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, love emerald cuts!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my Lordy! That is an amazingly gorgeous stone! I do not like step-cuts much at all.. but this... has got me :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Amazing amazing! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THAT STONE, but I think you might know that already? hehe ;)) INCREDIBLE!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's delicious! You must be in misery being apart from her!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Worth the wait! WOW. J'adore! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: The "Kruppette"! It's KruppTastic!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love that diamond!!!
To be honest I am a little jealous hehehehehe
Congrates again!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! :o

That stone is one of the nicest stones I`ve ever seen! No kidding. :love: :love: :love:

What a find! Congratulations Kelpie!

Cachette :))

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted said:
Worth the wait! WOW. J'adore! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: The "Kruppette"! It's KruppTastic!

YES!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy frick! that's gorgeous!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My heart just skipped a beat. It is amazing!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow... :love: :appl: :love:
THIS is why I am on pricescope... I love seeing things I have never seen before- That stone is exquisite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :-o :love: :-o :love: :-o :love: :-o :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am in love!!! that is gorgeous!!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh kelpie it is amazing!!!! so beautiful...I am more than a little jealous! I can't wait to see how you set it and when you do please take many many more pictures! congratulations on an amazing find :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are simply NO WORDS!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results