clarity

Blingapalooza payoff!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:o :love:

Congratulations!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I am speechless. That is the most stunning antique emerald cut I've ever seen. Spectacular, Kelpie!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Danny and Echidna.

Here are the vendor photos.

ec2.JPG

ec4.JPG

ec5.JPG

ec6.JPG

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is really beautiful. I have never seen anything like that before.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow wow wow. It's unbelievably gorgeous kelpie!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
:love: That is an amazing stone :love: :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Keplie!!! However, what I want to see is the picture on pinterest that started this whole search!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Karl_K|1326221491|3099566 said:
I love that diamond!!!
To be honest I am a little jealous hehehehehe
Congrates again!

Ah, kelpie, you done good if Karl is jealous!
It's stunning!!! Congratulations! As a fellow antique emerald-cut lover, your find inspires me to keep up the search. Hope some of your luck rubs off on me :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word...I'm not usually a step cut person but that one reminds me of a cross between an old cushion and an emerald cut.
Beautiful! :lickout:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow...It is so beautiful.
My brain is going haywire thinking of all the amazing setting options. Just gorgeous and congrats!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1326278582|3100218 said:
Here are the vendor photos.

SWOON oh wow!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: heehe to Nekkid stone play! :appl:

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Just wow! It is jaw-droppingly gorgeous!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1326309627|3100553 said:
Gorgeous Keplie!!! However, what I want to see is the picture on pinterest that started this whole search!
Thank you! Funny, I look at this now and I'm like "My little stone is nicer!"

jwc.jpg

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah Kelpie, your stone is way nicer! I have actually never seen a diamond IRL and say to myself, hmm that is too small, but I have thought the reverse though. :confused:

I didn't realize that you were also collecting the sidestones yourself. Who are you planning to go to for the setting? Is it more cost efficient for you to source the side stones (provided that you found a good deal) or is it usually less expensive to have the vendor source the side stones?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
sapphirering|1326319747|3100692 said:
Oh yeah Kelpie, your stone is way nicer! I have actually never seen a diamond IRL and say to myself, hmm that is too small, but I have thought the reverse though. :confused:

I didn't realize that you were also collecting the sidestones yourself. Who are you planning to go to for the setting? Is it more cost efficient for you to source the side stones (provided that you found a good deal) or is it usually less expensive to have the vendor source the side stones?
I have a great local jeweler I use. They are ok with me sourcing my own sides as long as they aren't too wonky. Most jewelers won't let customers source their sides for that reason (and because they no doubt make alot off them). Sourcing sides is my secret talent. I scored these 24 five point carre cuts for less than the melt price of the gold in the ring!!!

081.JPG

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
oh wow that is an awesome score! you might have enough stones left for a half eternity band? i'm drooling over the sapphires too. i have been browsing ebay for deals too, and collecting little antique stones here and there. when i have enough to form a bezel eternity band i'll probably ship the lot off to BGD.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That's an amazing old emerald cut, STUNNING! The carre cuts are perfect, what a find.
I can't wait to see the finished ring, it's going to be incredible :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
q...why don't they cut emerald cuts like this anymore? (or do they??)

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is seriously one of the most gorgeous diamonds I've ever seen!!! I can't wait to see the final product.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1326348834|3101024 said:
q...why don't they cut emerald cuts like this anymore? (or do they??)
The octavia cut is a resurrection of sorts of antique step cuts.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
(Deep bow at the waist).

I am in the presence of Masters LOL :lol:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia|1326395309|3101392 said:
(Deep bow at the waist).

I am in the presence of Masters LOL :lol:

It is truly truly scrumptious. I l :love: ve it!!!!

I cannot wait to see your KelpieKrupp.

Can I employ you to find me one? Oh pretty please? :bigsmile:

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, now that is worth clearing the jewelry box for! Congratulations, it's spectacular!

I can't believe you managed to separate yourself from it, I might have just sewn little zipper pockets into all of my bras to always have it near me.

Really a phenomenal find!

:appl:

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Well, you already know that I think the Krupp-meister is fan-freakin-tastic, but I had to post because it was so much fun looking at all your photos fit in one place.

I'm so happy you got it!!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kelpie,
Your antique emerald cut is amazing and my favorite cut above all others. However, I was surprised to read "strong blue fluorescence in the GIA report. I had always thought that fluorescence was only desireable if it was "faint" and helped an I color, or higher, to look a bit whiter.Can you enlighten me,please? I 've learned so much by reading other members' posts over the past few years and would love to know more about why you chose a diamond with so much fluorescence .

April20

Ideal_Rock
I think I just fell over. I cannot wait to see what you end up doing with it!!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
jeaniefish|1326650417|3103476 said:
Hi Kelpie,
Your antique emerald cut is amazing and my favorite cut above all others. However, I was surprised to read "strong blue fluorescence in the GIA report. I had always thought that fluorescence was only desireable if it was "faint" and helped an I color, or higher, to look a bit whiter.Can you enlighten me,please? I 've learned so much by reading other members' posts over the past few years and would love to know more about why you chose a diamond with so much fluorescence .

Hi Jean,

Personally I just think fluorescence is really really cool, and the stronger the better and this one does have a sort of radioactive blue glow apparent in some of the profile shots. Fluorescence as a detraction is something that the jewelry industry should work to debunk. Originally there was some fear mongering that affected customer demand that fluorescence can make a stone look milky in daylight, when in fact only an infinitesimal amount of stones displaying strong fluorescence also display this phenomenon. The number of stones in this category was so small, GIA couldn't even find a large enough pool of them to study. You can read up on it here: https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/diamond-flourescence

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kelpie,
Thanks so much for answering my question about fluorescence. When I read my post again ( after I had already hit the submit button, natch :wacko: ) , I was afraid I had insulted you! Your diamond is the most beautiful emerald cut ( really looks like emerald & asscher got together and created the perfect diamond child!) that I have ever seen. I'm going to go and read that discussion on fluorescence now.My local jeweler once remarked to me that he had a gorgeous 5 carat diamond on consignment but couldn't sell it, due to the fluorescence. I could kick myself now for not asking to see it! If it was half as dreamy as your diamond, what a rock that must have been! I look forward to seeing your pictures of the finished piece when you have your diamond set.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
OMG! That is one stunning diamond...can't wait to see it set :appl:

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1326320981|3100707 said:
sapphirering|1326319747|3100692 said:

I have a great local jeweler I use. They are ok with me sourcing my own sides as long as they aren't too wonky. Most jewelers won't let customers source their sides for that reason (and because they no doubt make alot off them). Sourcing sides is my secret talent. I scored these 24 five point carre cuts for less than the melt price of the gold in the ring!!!

Are you in the dc area? Do you mind sharing your jeweler? I'd love to find someone to go to locally. Or I might be confusing you with someone else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results