shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Big Blue Sapphire and Diamond Three-Stone

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is giving me whatever the opposite of DSS is.

1.14 ct I SI1 Old European Cut
1.17 ct H VS2 Old European Cut (this is the recut one)
6.87 ct blue sapphire, basic heat only, Sri Lankan origin

DKPV2021___10__18____84034 V2____84034 V2.jpg

DKPV2021___10__18____84034 V2____84034 V2-4.jpg

DKPV2021___10__18____84034 V2____84034 V2-2.jpg

DKPV2021___10__18____84034 V2____84034 V2-3.jpg

In 2019, I ended up buying a matched pair of OECs as my Christmas present. Thread Here. I was originally going to either make a toi et moi ring or set one in a pendant or one in a ring. There was one diamond that had a slightly worse cut than the other and I took it to SW Diamond Cutters to be tweaked and am very happy with the result. They match much more perfectly now.

Then there was the pandemic and life happened and I forgot all about jewelry for a little while. Then in 2021, I bought an absolutely massive sapphire from an instagram seller. Thread Here, and follow-up threads on the seller from others Here and Here - I would not buy from a foreign-based instagram seller via bank transfer without reading all of these threads to understand what could go wrong.

Anyway when I got the sapphire, I immediately started coming up with setting ideas - a pendant or was it too deep? Maybe a ring with side spinels or tsavorites? Maybe a yellow gold floral themed ring? I was searching for ideas and putting it with every matched pair of gems I owned when I thought it would be fun to see it with the diamonds. Well. That was really the end of it. It was going to be a diamond and sapphire three-stone. Would they even all fit on a size 4.5 finger?

I eventually contacted David Klass about the setting after having decided on a pretty basic three-stone ring design. I had been meaning to send all three of these gems to GIA for, like, ages, but just couldn't get it together enough to do so, and fortunately David could do that for me. The diamonds came back 2 color grades higher than I had bought them as, and one color grade higher than the appraiser and diamond cutter had thought they were, so that was a nice surprise, and the sapphire came back exactly as stated in the report that had come with it.

CADs were very easy for me this time, with no real changes necessary, just alterations to the size once he actually had the stones in hand.

When I received the ring I was bowled over. Usually I stick to 1.5-2.5 cts so this is, uh, massive. Very big. If I ever start thinking this looks small, someone needs to knock me over the head with something.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I am crying screaming stomping my feet with excitement / envy / pure emotions!!! This is FABULOUS! One of a kind… a absolute heirloom piece!
Congratulations on making the perfect sapphire 3 stone ring!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That beautiful ring looks right at home on your hand!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s fantastic! Congratulations :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sheer perfection!!!

Beautiful color sapphire, amazing size (perfect edge-to-edge finger coverage) and gorgeous setting. This is a sapphire ring to end all sapphire rings!!!!

Congrats on completing this drop-dead gorgeous ring, I hope you enjoy every moment of wearing it!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Glorious setting and such a mesmerizing blue hue❤️❤️- congrats!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love every thing about this ring. Every single thing.

It looks gorgeous on you!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Holy cannoli! I love this so much. It is like the complete double of my sapphire 3 stone I had DK do recently! That blue is the perfect saturation IMO - gives you that dreamy blue eyes feeling but not darkest reaches of the galaxy blue.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo, she's got presence!

Well isn't this a fun way to start the morning! I'm ecstatic for you... the stone, the diamonds, the mounting... it's all fabulous. May you wear that beauty in good health and happiness! Enjoy!!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
So lovely! You’ve been through quite the journey. So glad all ended well. I love your ring.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Wow this is spectacular I love it!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a stunning ring.
Its HUGE.
wow again.
A massive bling fix and try not to be distracted by its beauty or accidently poking your eye out:lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Word.

That is a seriously beautiful ring! The colour is absolutely smashing & the size, the cleanliness of style, the diamonds - the proportions are perfect.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful. Enjoy wearing it.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh…….this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the presence on your finger. It’s perfect.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
61A7216E-8F37-442F-8589-2DF3DAF4A5E5.gif

Hubba, hubba! I’m pretty sure DSS isn’t possible with this baby…she has a freaking boatload of presence. :kiss2: That’s wall to wall finger coverage right there and it looks spectacular. Both the gems and the setting are gorgeous! A classic look with a major bling factor.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is just amazing and the finger presence is really something else! Congrats on this new ring - just beautiful!!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is fabulous!! That blue with the oec’s. :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a dazzler! I'm in love......:kiss2:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
This is huge and gorgeous! Yes, I don’t think you will suffer from any shrinkage issues over time! :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers! It’s gorgeous :kiss2:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So fabulous! I love the size and that color blue :kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock:That ring is phenomenal! Just bam, look at these rocks.
That sapphire. So beautiful, ugh, I love it.:kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, it's absolutely beautiful and HUGE! :love: The setting so perfectly showcases these gorgeous stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results