shape
carat
color
clarity

Bidet - ooh or eww?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:58:58 PM
Author: crasru

BTW thoroughly cleaning the area after #2 prevents hemorrhoids. A very good and healthy idea. (Seriously!).
I can''t believe I''m posting this
8.gif
best thing in the house for new moms [epi]

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think heated toilets and bidets would accelerate bacterial growth.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:07:24 PM
Author: kenny
I think heated toilets and bidets would accelerate bacterial growth.

BLECH. I bet you''re totally right. Unless said heated toilets and bidets came with a cleaning service, that is...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 4:46:46 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I''m pretty ewwed about it. I get cleaning yourself. But, to me it''s like cleaning yourself over a water fountain. The water is going back to the place that the fresh water is supposed to come from, right? So, eww. Also, the thought of wandering around the bathroom with your pants at your ankles to sit on the next piece of equipment is eww. Especially because I''m thinking the best ''cleaning'' would be during a woman''s menstrual cycle. Then there''s the drying method. I''d have laundry for years! And, as a mom, I gotta say eww because I KNOW what JT would try to do with a bidet!

That being said, I don''t think dry paper is the cleanest route to go either.
Um....it''s the same water source as your toilet, shower, bath tub and OMG your *SINK*! Did you think the water in your house comes from different sources? And no, the water does not get recycled in any way in the bidet. It has a separate drain and spray.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never used one before but am definitely not opposed to using one so I''d say ooh.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 5:17:59 PM
Author: lyra

I''m pretty ewwed about it. I get cleaning yourself. But, to me it''s like cleaning yourself over a water fountain. The water is going back to the place that the fresh water is supposed to come from, right? So, eww. Also, the thought of wandering around the bathroom with your pants at your ankles to sit on the next piece of equipment is eww. Especially because I''m thinking the best ''cleaning'' would be during a woman''s menstrual cycle. Then there''s the drying method. I''d have laundry for years! And, as a mom, I gotta say eww because I KNOW what JT would try to do with a bidet!

That being said, I don''t think dry paper is the cleanest route to go either.
Um....it''s the same water source as your toilet, shower, bath tub and OMG your *SINK*! Did you think the water in your house comes from different sources? And no, the water does not get recycled in any way in the bidet. It has a separate drain and spray.
I don''t think you''re getting the concept. See the post I wrote on page 2 with pics to the two different types of bidets.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For lyra!

Date: 2/23/2010 3:45:59 PM
Author: kama_s
Based on some non-eww responses on here, I was wondering if there are different bidets here in North America. And I think that may be the case. A bidet like THIS one doesn't look unhygienic at all. However, the ones in Europe and Asia are like .jpg:2o8h065d]THIS , so stuff falls ON TOP of the water faucet.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm pretty ewwed about it. I get cleaning yourself. But, to me it's like cleaning yourself over a water fountain. The water is going back to the place that the fresh water is supposed to come from, right? So, eww. Also, the thought of wandering around the bathroom with your pants at your ankles to sit on the next piece of equipment is eww. Especially because I'm thinking the best 'cleaning' would be during a woman's menstrual cycle. Then there's the drying method. I'd have laundry for years! And, as a mom, I gotta say eww because I KNOW what JT would try to do with a bidet!

That being said, I don't think dry paper is the cleanest route to go either.

Um....it's the same water source as your toilet, shower, bath tub and OMG your *SINK*! Did you think the water in your house comes from different sources? And no, the water does not get recycled in any way in the bidet. It has a separate drain and spray.

In some designs the water shoots straight up from a faucet.
I think the concern is this: After the water touches your body it falls back down onto that faucet, which contaminates it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
There IS a type where the spout comes up from the bottom of the bowl ... that lets the water that has just "cleansed" your various parts drip right back down onto the nozzle. I believe that''s the kind people are grossed out by. There was a link earlier in the thread that shows a picture of this type ... and I''ve seen them in person too & have always been dubious of their process, if you will.

The (lets say) germs left on your body ... aren''t they being kinda shot back INTO certain areas that way via a propulsive stream of water? Not to mention the germ-onto-nozzle-back-onto-someone-else design. Suspect.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you sure this looks sanitary?

areyousure.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that goofy guy always there, or does he leave when you use it?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think its a great idea. Why do we wash our hands with soap and water and we use the restroom, and not also those parts themselves?

If you got fecal matter on your hands, would you just wipe them off with a paper towel and walk away? Probably not. So why are your other parts any different?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:40:53 PM
Author: IndyLady
If you got fecal matter on your hands, would you just wipe them off with a paper towel and walk away? Probably not. So why are your other parts any different?
Well ... I don''t eat with my *** for starters. Also: don''t handle door knobs or do food prep with it either!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:38:23 PM
Author: kenny
Does that goofy guy stay there always, or does he leave when you use it?
LMAO!
9.gif
36.gif

He''s the "spotter". Less leg cramping.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have one in our house in Nantucket. It came with the house. I haven''t used it yet. I dunno, thinking about the woman who lived there before us using it??
DD is in Europe I will have to ask her, if she sees lots of them there.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Never having used one, I''d worry about positioning myself...which leads to thoughts of oddly placed mirrors and me backing up with the bidet making the same beeping that a truck makes when it backs up.

Must research.
34.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I''ve had a really bad day at work, and this thread has me laughing my butt off!!! THANKS, guys, I needed this!
9.gif
36.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 5:53:32 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
OK, I''ve had a really bad day at work, and this thread has me laughing my butt off!!! THANKS, guys, I needed this!
9.gif
36.gif

How will you sit on the bidet with no butt?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:48:03 PM
Author: jas
Never having used one, I''d worry about positioning myself...which leads to thoughts of oddly placed mirrors and me backing up with the bidet making the same beeping that a truck makes when it backs up.
Must research.
34.gif
Hee! MIRRORS!!! Genius! Now I daydream of grooming my nether regions into all sorts of fun shapes with easy clean up. Bonztastic! Topiarrific!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:43:26 PM
Author: decodelighted

Well ... I don''t eat with my *** for starters. Also: don''t handle door knobs or do food prep with it either!

If you got fecal matter on your elbows, are you saying it would be ok because you don''t eat with your elbows?

Its still on your body, your underpants, and then in your hamper.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Seems there are 2 distinct bidet camps here at PS...

Those who see it as a Day Spa for their genitalia, and those who view it as an episode of Fear Factor.

In some high-end establishments, I've seen them fill their bidets with ice. I'm guessing it's like the pole situation in winter...you don't want to find out if your tongue will stick
9.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Omg deco....that comment just made my day.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 6:18:33 PM
Author: Vancity
Seems there are 2 distinct bidet camps here at PS...

Those who see it as a Day Spa for their genitalia, and those who view it as an episode of Fear Factor.

In some high-end establishments, I''ve seen them fill their bidets with ice. I''m guessing it''s like the pole situation in winter...you don''t want to find out if your tongue will stick
9.gif

I''ve seen pictures but never had any idea why they do that...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In men''s rooms at restaurants they''ll put crushed ice in urinals.
I assume it is to control odor.
Perhaps the same for bidets?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the "ohhhhh!" camp. A bidet is a sink for cleaning your tush and nether regions. Personally, I''d never shower with a towel, so why would I clean my bum with toilet paper??? I''d prefer to clean myself thoroughly with soap and water every time I used the toilet - much more hygienic! I wish I had a bidet!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 3:45:59 PM
Author: kama_s
Based on some non-eww responses on here, I was wondering if there are different bidets here in North America. And I think that may be the case. A bidet like THIS one doesn''t look unhygienic at all. However, the ones in Europe and Asia are like .jpg:2o8h065d]THIS , so stuff falls ON TOP of the water faucet.

I''m 100% with you - I like the first one, don''t like the second one at all...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 5:47:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh
We have one in our house in Nantucket. It came with the house. I haven''t used it yet. I dunno, thinking about the woman who lived there before us using it??

DD is in Europe I will have to ask her, if she sees lots of them there.

Yes, I have to say I could never use one that was NOT mine. I would only share with DH, and I wouldn''t allow anybody else to use ours (if I had the luxury of having two bathrooms otherwise of course I couldn''t "stop them."

I know sharing with DH is no different, technically, than with anybody else, but for some reason it doesn''t gross me out. Although I would prefer for each of us to have their own.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:30:31 PM

There IS a type where the spout comes up from the bottom of the bowl ... that lets the water that has just ''cleansed'' your various parts drip right back down onto the nozzle. I believe that''s the kind people are grossed out by. There was a link earlier in the thread that shows a picture of this type ... and I''ve seen them in person too & have always been dubious of their process, if you will.

The (lets say) germs left on your body ... aren''t they being kinda shot back INTO certain areas that way via a propulsive stream of water? Not to mention the germ-onto-nozzle-back-onto-someone-else design. Suspect.

exactly. I realize it''s all the same tap water, it''s where it lands before the next spray that has me concerned.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, it gave me a totally different idea - when I am watching people drinking out of public water faucets at Disneyworld, I get disgusted. It is very unsanitary, yet these devices are right, left and center. Yet here we are discussing how "unsanitary" is something that only you are going to use in the privacy of your home.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 6:07:38 PM

If you got fecal matter on your elbows, are you saying it would be ok because you don''t eat with your elbows?

Its still on your body, your underpants, and then in your hamper.

Um, how are you wiping?
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results