shape
carat
color
clarity

Bidet - ooh or eww?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Used them (couple of uncles/aunts have them). They don''t "ewww" me, but then, I''ve lived in places where the toilet is a hole in the ground so it takes a lot to do that
2.gif

I will say that I think the concept of washing with water and soap after any activity seems a whole lot cleaner... It''s where that water''s coming from that I find questionable with a bidet - looks too much like the commode.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:13:16 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/23/2010 3:11:44 PM
Author: swingirl
I use my own bidet but I don''t know about using a public one. Are there public bidets?
No idea.

I just meant if there were bidets, how is that only more or less gross than using a public restroom toilet or sinks.

Apparently I get heated about restroom equipment.
I would love to have heated restroom equipment!
36.gif

2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:35:57 PM
Author: sunnyd

I use my own bidet but I don''t know about using a public one. Are there public bidets?
No idea.

I just meant if there were bidets, how is that only more or less gross than using a public restroom toilet or sinks.

36.gif

2.gif
Now you''re talking. Shall we quit our crappy jobs and go into the heated restroom equipment industry?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um. EWW. I had one all my life, NEVER EVER used it. So very unhygienic.

ETA: Forgot to mention, super high risk for UTIs!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:38:50 PM

No idea.

36.gif

2.gif
Now you''re talking. Shall we quit our crappy jobs and go into the heated restroom equipment industry?
Yes!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on some non-eww responses on here, I was wondering if there are different bidets here in North America. And I think that may be the case. A bidet like THIS one doesn''t look unhygienic at all. However, the ones in Europe and Asia are like .jpg:2o8h065d]THIS , so stuff falls ON TOP of the water faucet.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:39:25 PM
Author: kama_s

I'm with you. I didn't have one all my life, but BLECH. The idea doesn't seem hygienic at ALL.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:48:23 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 2/23/2010 3:39:25 PM

I''m with you. I didn''t have one all my life, but BLECH. The idea doesn''t seem hygienic at ALL.
PHEW. So I''m not the only one.
9.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Technically speaking, a bidet in a hotel bathroom is a public one.

I think the whole concept of bidet emerged in France by the end of 19th century as a way to LIMIT spread of STD''s (and come to think of it, it makes sense, except for yeast infections).

Some Muslim cultures wash their private parts after any use of toilet (Shiites do it). From the standpoint of hygiene, it may be better than toilet paper. So technically speaking, bidet is a hygienic and healthy thing. I''d hesitate to use it anywhere except for my home, though.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I like bidets--we don''t have one, but if we did I would use it. At least after going number 2.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be interested in a public one. Or a hotel one. Or even one my husband got to use.
14.gif

It''d have to be his and hers in our house!

And to me, it does seem like it would be MORE hygenic to use one. But I have never used one and I have to get past the ick factor first.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Do they come with dryers too? Because that just seems messy. Do you wipe, wash, then dry with a towel? Air dry? Get wet spots on your clothes so people think you messed yourself?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:17:08 PM
Do they come with dryers too? Because that just seems messy. Do you wipe, wash, then dry with a towel? Air dry? Get wet spots on your clothes so people think you messed yourself?
Well, of course...you use a towel and then hang it back up so people can dry their hands on it.
11.gif

I''d want one of those newer toilets that wash and dry!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:45:59 PM
Based on some non-eww responses on here, I was wondering if there are different bidets here in North America. And I think that may be the case. A bidet like THIS one doesn''t look unhygienic at all. However, the ones in Europe and Asia are like .jpg:2o8h065d]THIS , so stuff falls ON TOP of the water faucet.
Yup, those are the ones I''m used to, so no, I wouldn''t use them.

Even the one kama linked to (the American-style one) seems like it could carry germs back to front, which could lead to not-so-fun infections.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:19:26 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Well, of course...you use a towel and then hang it back up so people can dry their hands on it.
11.gif

Maybe you could just label one towel "Butt Towel" and the other "Hand Towel". Wouldn''t want to confuse them.
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:25:25 PM

11.gif

Maybe you could just label one towel ''Butt Towel'' and the other ''Hand Towel''. Wouldn''t want to confuse them.
3.gif
In super classy establishments, they''ve got that embroidered on them, donchaknow.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

I did a little reading up on it and apparently some of them do come with dryers! If they don''t people use toilet paper to dry off. As for the actual washing, apparently some people just let the water rinse off their business, whereas others use soap and their hands to wash their business. And you can face the controls to wash off or you can face away. If you face the controls you usually have to take your pants off.

What?! I was curious!

E B

Ideal_Rock

MTE! Maybe more toilet paper?

Good friends of mine have a couple of these in their parents'' home. We never used them, they were just...there. Though I remember someone being dared to drink from one. (Hey, it was high school.)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:32:09 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 2/23/2010 4:25:25 PM

11.gif

I'd want one of those newer toilets that wash and dry!
Maybe you could just label one towel 'Butt Towel' and the other 'Hand Towel'. Wouldn't want to confuse them.
3.gif
In super classy establishments, they've got that embroidered on them, donchaknow.
I'd expect nothing less!
16.gif

LOL @ Thing. Seems like it'd be easier to just take a shower if you have to take your pants off! You'd have to make a serious mess of yourself to require full pants removal. Gross.
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Nope, won''t have one. Ewwwww... But that might be because I''m scarred. My MIL has one and has been known to "demonstrate" it for those that don''t understand how it works. Do not ask me what this includes. I don''t know because I won''t ask!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:36:31 PM
Author: thing2of2

I did a little reading up on it and apparently some of them do come with dryers! If they don''t people use toilet paper to dry off. As for the actual washing, apparently some people just let the water rinse off their business, whereas others use soap and their hands to wash their business. And you can face the controls to wash off or you can face away. If you face the controls you usually have to take your pants off.

What?! I was curious!

LOL! Seems like an awful lot of work for something one quick swipe with a baby wipe could fix.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps one of those Evian misting bottles of compressed air+ water might be better for your c**ch. And portable. Would it be strange to tote around a diaper bag just for my Wipes?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I''m so curious now that I''ve read this whole thread. I''ve been to Europe but never tried one. I might need to look into this.
My hubby uses baby wipes (seriously cannot go #2 without them) and says they have changed his whole view on life.

I''m all for the heated toilet seats that elle and sunny are going to produce. i''ll be first in line to buy them.
Can you guys also make a special kind of space heater so that i''m instantly warm when i walk out of the shower?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty ewwed about it. I get cleaning yourself. But, to me it''s like cleaning yourself over a water fountain. The water is going back to the place that the fresh water is supposed to come from, right? So, eww. Also, the thought of wandering around the bathroom with your pants at your ankles to sit on the next piece of equipment is eww. Especially because I''m thinking the best "cleaning" would be during a woman''s menstrual cycle. Then there''s the drying method. I''d have laundry for years! And, as a mom, I gotta say eww because I KNOW what JT would try to do with a bidet!

That being said, I don''t think dry paper is the cleanest route to go either.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:43:04 PM
Author: decodelighted
Perhaps one of those Evian misting bottles of compressed air+ water might be better for your c**ch. And portable. Would it be strange to tote around a diaper bag just for my Wipes?

HA! Those Evian misting bottles are nice! Just don''t get any air IN the lady business-apparently that can be dangerous!

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
89%; HEIGHT: 147px" class="ibbquote">Date: 2/23/2010 4:03:26 PM
Author: crasru

Technically speaking, a bidet in a hotel bathroom is a public one.

I think the whole concept of bidet emerged in France by the end of 19th century as a way to LIMIT spread of STD's (and come to think of it, it makes sense, except for yeast infections).

Some Muslim cultures wash their private parts after any use of toilet (Shiites do it). From the standpoint of hygiene, it may be better than toilet paper. So technically speaking, bidet is a hygienic and healthy thing. I'd hesitate to use it anywhere except for my home, though.
Big ditto, you cand find them in Peru, Brazil etc but not in the US lol. Every single home in UAE has one and they aren't bad looking at all~
We have one in our master bath, simple single faucent with sleek waterfall [bio]
IMO, Toilet paper is not enough, so my children use paper then baby wipes when they 'go' In most places I've used public ones they are handle free, less pressure and much longer perhaps to avoid 'contact'
33.gif

They are not toilet paper substitutes and should be used After using the reg toilet lol

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also handy if you get thirsty!
6.gif
Kinda like a Water Pik!

newfangledbidet.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 4:46:24 PM
Author: charbie
I''m so curious now that I''ve read this whole thread. I''ve been to Europe but never tried one. I might need to look into this.

My hubby uses baby wipes (seriously cannot go #2 without them) and says they have changed his whole view on life.

I''m all for the heated toilet seats that elle and sunny are going to produce. i''ll be first in line to buy them.

Can you guys also make a special kind of space heater so that i''m instantly warm when i walk out of the shower?

BTW thoroughly cleaning the area after #2 prevents hemorrhoids. A very good and healthy idea. (Seriously!).

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock

No idea.

36.gif

2.gif

Heated toilet seats in the middle of the New York winter = heaven. Ahhhh... I tried it once at someone''s house (I didn''t realize it was heated when I sat down!) and was very pleasantly surprised. Wanted to stay there all day. You could make it warmer or cooler depending on your current wishes. Apparently on this particular toilet you could also control the water pressure of the flushing!

Oh I wish I had more money...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results