shape
carat
color
clarity

Bidet - ooh or eww?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Americans aren''t into the bidet for whatever reason. Would you ever choose to have one?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Having never used one, I say eww! The concept just weirds me out. But all the new rich people houses I''ve seen have them, so I must be too low class to understand.
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
yep.

(i don''t have to elaborate on this, do i? i *know* i dont wanna hear other people''s reasoning...)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 2:29:28 PM
Author: sunnyd
Having never used one, I say eww! The concept just weirds me out. But all the new rich people houses I''ve seen have them, so I must be too low class to understand.
9.gif

Lol. +1

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 2:32:12 PM
Author: whitby_2773
yep.

(i don''t have to elaborate on this, do i? i *know* i dont wanna hear other people''s reasoning...)
Ha, no, I think the reasoning for having one is obvious.

This used to be discussed a fair bit on the travel forums. I would want to try one out at home. But the concept is admittedly a bit strange to me. However, I can see that the concept of NOT using one would be even stranger to someone who uses one.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s an eww from me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could have used one the other night.
31.gif
11.gif
6.gif
39.gif
28.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Not for me. eww.
32.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 2:37:19 PM
Author: decodelighted
I could have used one the other night.
31.gif
11.gif
6.gif
39.gif
28.gif
LOL!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have one. It is not eww.
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if they haven't caught on in the US because we are more likely to be prudish than Europeans about anything related to that real estate in the middle of our bodies.

I believe they are for washing up after using the toilet.
I'd think both men and women would enjoy staying cleaner.

And yes, I agree that people who are used to using them would think EEWWWWW when considering being without one much moreso than non-users thinking EEWWWW about using one.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
I’m giving this one a big ewww. It’s more of a psychological thing for me, though. It just seems dirty and I look at it more like a germ sink.
20.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2010 2:56:23 PM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
I’m giving this one a big ewww. It’s more of a psychological thing for me, though. It just seems dirty and I look at it more like a germ sink.
20.gif
To each his own but, you'd prefer those germs stay on your body between showers?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 2:57:19 PM
Author: kenny

20.gif
To each his own but, you''d prefer those germs stay on your body between showers?
I agree, and I think for women prone to UTIs might be the way to go! :)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never tried one, but it sounds...fascinating lol.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
We have had one for 20 years and it has gotten used everyday by our entire family. I can't imagine why anyone would say "ewww" to washing themselves. Don't you do that in the shower or bath tub anyway?

And just to clear things up, you wipe first.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh!

They're not eww at all. I don't get what is "eww" about cleaning yourself?

I've never used them, but I'm sure its quite an experience.
3.gif

ETA: Apparently Swingrl and I had the same thought.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

20.gif
To each his own but, you'd prefer those germs stay on your body between showers?
I just like to keep "my germs” to myself, instead of sharing a germ sink with others. And isn't this what baby wipes are for??
25.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Count me "in" the minute the make one that shaves my legs for me while I, um, refresh.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:02:07 PM

20.gif
I just like to keep 'my germs” to myself, instead of sharing a germ sink with others. And isn't this what baby wipes are for??
25.gif
I am confused. How is it any more of a germ sink than your bathtub? Your whole body sits in a bathtub whereas a bidet just releases a shower of water.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! Guys can use em too.
36.gif

0idet-beer.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I''m not mistaken, you sit on a toilet the same way you sit on a bidet... how is that any more germy?

And for that matter... the public restroom sinks? You think the people that have somehow managed to defecate on the walls in there haven''t used the same sink you do?

I''d rather share a bidet!!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:05:09 PM
Author: swingirl

I am confused. How is it any more of a germ sink than your bathtub? Your whole body sits in a bathtub whereas a bidet just releases a shower of water.

This is the same reason I don't take baths, only showers. Again, it's more of a psychological thing for me. I'm actually quite a germaphobe.

ETA- let me clarify, when I say "germaphobe", I’m not talking Howie Mandel type germaphobe. Just some things gross me out a tad more than others.
3.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I use my own bidet but I don''t know about using a public one. Are there public bidets?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:11:44 PM
Author: swingirl
I use my own bidet but I don''t know about using a public one. Are there public bidets?
No idea.

I just meant if there were bidets, how is that only more or less gross than using a public restroom toilet or sinks.

Apparently I get heated about restroom equipment.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
We've traveled a lot, and I would serious consider having one installed in our home!

its great to be able to wash up, and not just after you've used the toilet either. I think people would benefit from washing with soap and water more often. lol Can't see how thats eeeww.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could always hover if germs are a concern.

Good for the leg and thigh muscles too.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:15:26 PM
You could always hover if germs are a concern.

Good for the leg and thigh muscles too.
True!

Its tough to do!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
We designed out bathroom remodel around where the bidet would sit. I honestly couldn''t live without one. It was fabulous after I delivered my two kids. Our dog drinks water of of it. DD shaves her legs over it. My mother loved it when she was ill and taking a full shower was too stressful on her body.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have one, because a few years ago, I became a little bit obsessed with getting exactly the right authentic sanitaryware for my house. If it doesn''t appear in this catalogue http://www.thomas-crapper.com/ it doesn''t appear in my bathroom (or my ensuite eventually, but that''s next year''s project). Oh, how I love my crapper...

The thing I don''t like about bidets is that there''s no seat. Just icy cold porcelain. Other than that, no strong objections.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results