shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Purchase of 2013

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
This and the ticket home to pick it up, which meant that I also got to see you again too!

img_00000192.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey|1386463140|3569768 said:
This and the ticket home to pick it up, which meant that I also got to see you again too!

Yes, great purchases indeed! Gorgeous ring......... :appl:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Travel, gorgeous jewels, furniture, and LOVE the color of that Kitchen Aid! I really find mine useful

Shout out to all you awesome savers!!

cheers--Sharon

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Sakuracherry said:
armywife, I hope your husband has a good flight. I fly home to Japan every year and those long flights always make me exhausted, but It's always worth a long flight to see your family!

I imagine the long flights are quiet exhausting! I have not had to take that flight yet, but at the end of Feb he will be coming back here to get the girls and I. Us, a 3 year old, and a 7 month old on a 16 hour flight.... Oy Vey! Haha.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2013 found me with a new computer, a new car and best of all, new granite in my kitchen! I just love the granite - much more than I even thought I would!

We were hoping to have a new Yorkie by Christmas but we're still kind of waiting around for the breeder - this will happen soon I hope! We lost our precious Yorkie Chloe in June (she would have been 18 in September!) and while we swore at the time we'd have no more, we both sort of realized at the same time that we NEED another pup to love! In retrospect I think it is the highest compliment to the one we lost that we want another. We will always miss and love her but she stayed with us until it simply wasn't possible for her to live and enjoy her life here any longer.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
MonkeysInk|1386357448|3568920 said:
My best purchase was a pair of Diono Radian car seats. I was in an accident where one of my sons' car seats came apart and he had a painful injury to his shoulder. Worse yet, the drivers of the cars (yes, two cars hit me) bragged about the fact that they drove SUVs so that they would be bigger than everyone else on the road and could hit others without getting hurt themselves. I was terrified to drive again and so upset that my little boy got hurt. These seats were ridiculously expensive, but they have wide straps, strong buckles and have steel frames, which makes me feel a little less worried when I drive.

OMG how scarey!!! I have 2 little ones in carseats and I would be devasted if anything happend to them in a car accident so hugs to you MI! I'm hoping the other drivers didn't mean to brag but were more in shock about the whole thing and it came out wrong.
What carseat did you orginally have your son in? I'm so off to google Diono Radian right now!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the best purchase of 2013? paying off the mortgage. yep, absolute best purchase of 2013. while the "contract" was signed in 2004, the purchase was not complete until that last payment in October.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best purchase this year was my bike! I ride to work most days and it makes our life so much simpler because we only have one car.

My second best purchase was finally getting NetFlix! haha... not sure why it took so long. But we got it this year and we love it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sortmon, your pup is just a doll! She is adorable!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1386682104|3571248 said:
MonkeysInk|1386357448|3568920 said:
My best purchase was a pair of Diono Radian car seats. I was in an accident where one of my sons' car seats came apart and he had a painful injury to his shoulder. Worse yet, the drivers of the cars (yes, two cars hit me) bragged about the fact that they drove SUVs so that they would be bigger than everyone else on the road and could hit others without getting hurt themselves. I was terrified to drive again and so upset that my little boy got hurt. These seats were ridiculously expensive, but they have wide straps, strong buckles and have steel frames, which makes me feel a little less worried when I drive.

OMG how scarey!!! I have 2 little ones in carseats and I would be devasted if anything happend to them in a car accident so hugs to you MI! I'm hoping the other drivers didn't mean to brag but were more in shock about the whole thing and it came out wrong.
What carseat did you orginally have your son in? I'm so off to google Diono Radian right now!

I'd love to know what you originally had too. How scary! It's really making me reconsider my current seats.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I have two best purchases for year 2013:
1) My bezel pendant which I've worn nearly every day since the Fedex lady brought it to my doorstep.
2) Our new couch!! The old one definitely had seen better days even before we got it but back then we had zero extra money. I would have wanted to burn the darn thing but decided to settle someone just taking it out of my sight for good... :mrgreen:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

More wonderful contributions! Furniture, jewels OF COURSE, exercise equipment, houses, and car seats. I love the practical stuff (mine was a hot water heater!) as much as the baubles.

Oh I did buy one of those soda dispensers (soda stream) and we all love it--fun gadget.

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did the bad juju dance in front of my ancient dishwasher every day for the past year and it finally worked. The monster died and I bought a Miele. Love it! The old one used to shake the house and the new one is nearly silent.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New washer and dryer with allergy settings! Does everything but fold the clothes! Also my WF 2.3 ct eternity ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1386790140|3572089 said:
I did the bad juju dance in front of my ancient dishwasher every day for the past year and it finally worked. The monster died and I bought a Miele. Love it! The old one used to shake the house and the new one is nearly silent.

HI:

And what do your cats think??? :bigsmile: I adore Miele but our kitchen set up would not allow for installation, so I went with Bosch. My neighbour--with 6 kids--ran her Miele (likely nonstop) for 10 years...no problems! Good choice!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1386815758|3572467 said:
New washer and dryer with allergy settings! Does everything but fold the clothes! Also my WF 2.3 ct eternity ring!

HI:

I don't know why I never tire of hearing about new appliances :lol: ...which brand?

cheers--Sharon

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Aside from a couple bling purchases my best purchase this year by far, was a kindle fire hdx 8.9! I love, love, love it!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best purchase of 2013...

Marriage license!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1386888512|3573177 said:
Best purchase of 2013...

Marriage license!

That takes the cake! :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I know this is not a bling-only thread, I can add mine. My best purchase of 2013 was the repeated and many trips I took to Arizona to see my son who was in a treatment program/boarding school for chemical dependency (its still hard to say out loud, but hey, it is what it is and there isn't any shame in it). His brother and I would fly down to visit whenever we could - so the trips would involve the airplane tickets, hotels, car rentals and food. We probably went more than half a dozen times and I would do it all over again and then some if necessary. The greatest part, was watching my son - still a teenager mind you - slowly turning back into the loving, compassionate, funny guy he was before addiction set in, and seeing how close he and his younger brother are again. I may not have any bling, but I am truly the luckiest Mom around, and honestly would not change a thing. Yeah, I TOTALLY got my Christmas present early :bigsmile:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1386953148|3573647 said:
Now that I know this is not a bling-only thread, I can add mine. My best purchase of 2013 was the repeated and many trips I took to Arizona to see my son who was in a treatment program/boarding school for chemical dependency (its still hard to say out loud, but hey, it is what it is and there isn't any shame in it). His brother and I would fly down to visit whenever we could - so the trips would involve the airplane tickets, hotels, car rentals and food. We probably went more than half a dozen times and I would do it all over again and then some if necessary. The greatest part, was watching my son - still a teenager mind you - slowly turning back into the loving, compassionate, funny guy he was before addiction set in, and seeing how close he and his younger brother are again. I may not have any bling, but I am truly the luckiest Mom around, and honestly would not change a thing. Yeah, I TOTALLY got my Christmas present early :bigsmile:
This made me tear up! That is truly money well-spent. I hope your son continues on his journey towards full recovery.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1386953265|3573649 said:
This made me tear up! That is truly money well-spent. I hope your son continues on his journey towards full recovery.

+1. There is no price one can put on health and happiness. MB-- wishing you and yours continued success and strength. :wavey:

kind regards--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1386953611|3573653 said:
sortmon|1386953265|3573649 said:

+1. There is no price one can put on health and happiness. MB-- wishing you and yours continued success and strength. :wavey:

kind regards--Sharon

That is money well spent and I'm so glad you got to take that special trip. He is so fortunate to have you as his mother. You are so supportive and loving.
Hugs minou!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Sortmom, Sharon and Missy, you all have made my day. Its embarrassing even writing it out - not because I'm ashamed but because I don't want to sound at all like a pity party. But yeah, its been the best year of my life in terms of emotional growth and happiness. :bigsmile: Thanks for your love; it means a lot.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1386316646|3568657 said:
We paid $300 to the Seattle Humane Society for her:

photo__16_6.jpg

BEST BEST BEST!!! :love: :love: :love:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock

What a wonderful gift for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results