shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Purchase of 2013

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These velour lounge pants with the elastic waistband I'm wearing right now. The holidays came early to my a$$...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I havent bought much this year...but so far I think it is the 18K yellow gold band I just bought from Ebay..I got an amazing deal and I have been wanting an 18K band...so I couldnt pass it up! I dont have it yet or I would share a picture..it looks like a 3mm band (this is not in the listing) 3.5 grams of gold and it was just my size :appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as non bling up there has to be the nook HD we bought for DD. She has been monopolizing the computer playing games. She is so happy with it, that she can play her games (and a few new ones) things on netflix, and can download and read books. Somehow it has made our home life more peaceful. And she is good when we tell her time to take a break or shut it down, she does. It is her first grownup gift.

As far as bling, I'm hoping it's the emerald ring I will receive shortly :naughty:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous to read these! :appl:

My big favorite purchase is obviously the new setting for my beautiful pear. Its the purchase that will last me a lifetime so is far more important than any others :love: My second favorite is my Mulberry Mitzy Hobo that I got for my Birthday in summer. I am a bit of a Mulberry whore, but this bag is hands down my favorite & is used daily. Oh, and also some children's garden furniture & play house for the garden. My girls have had endless hours of fun this summer :))

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our best purchases were for the house. Under cabinet LED lighting, and replacing all of our halogen recessed lights to LED has been a great change! We also replaced our kitchen countertop and had our cabinet doors professionally painted, for a huge change and upgrade in our kitchen.

My personal favourite purchase is our new 60" Panasonic plasma tv. Panasonic will no longer be making them, and we absolutely love this one. I mostly only watch movies on it, and with it being such a good size makes it a real treat. We also bought a sound bar with it, so it's the next best thing to sitting in a movie theatre for me. :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new wedding band, after 16 years.

dsc_0108.jpg

And the two ipad airs I bought for my mom and dad. They love it. And the mini that I bought my husband, though he doesn't know it yet. ;-)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
We paid $300 to the Seattle Humane Society for her:

photo__16_6.jpg

photo__7_19.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1386316646|3568657 said:

photo__16_6.jpg

Awww, she is such a darling! Congrats on the new addition to your family! Best gift ever! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

photo__16_6.jpg

Awwwww congrats sortmon :bigsmile:

Our "best purchase of 2013" is of exactly the same sort ::) we got three year old Bax from the shelter a few months ago and our only regret is not getting finding him sooner. Puppy Emily is delighted to have company and he's been a huge help keeping her calm and teaching her how to behave!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

photo__16_6.jpg

So Sweet...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1386279297|3568334 said:
Our best purchases were for the house. Under cabinet LED lighting, and replacing all of our halogen recessed lights to LED has been a great change! We also replaced our kitchen countertop and had our cabinet doors professionally painted, for a huge change and upgrade in our kitchen.

My personal favourite purchase is our new 60" Panasonic plasma tv. Panasonic will no longer be making them, and we absolutely love this one. I mostly only watch movies on it, and with it being such a good size makes it a real treat. We also bought a sound bar with it, so it's the next best thing to sitting in a movie theatre for me. :bigsmile:

HI:

Lighting does make a difference--the electrician who installed mine stated his wife never uses any other lights--hers are on 24/7! I like the way it highlights the backsplash we have.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

photo__16_6.jpg

WOT a FACE!!!! :love: Picture worth a 1000 words...excellent decision!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous pictures of jewellery, bikes, stories about kiddie furniture, designer (delish) bags...you name it. Every entry has its own tale, that's what individualizes it. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Hardwood floor in my living room, that is going in riiiight now. I almost went with a vinyl plank, even putting a deposit on a floor, but in the end my heart and feet ran out and embraced what I really wanted in my home..and I love it!!! The entire room is redone and freshly painted. Im purchasing some pretty drapes and we will have a new room to celebrate in for the holidays. I wanted a beautiful OEC AND a newly remodeled room, but reality and the bank told me I couldn't afford both, and it made more sense to put bling money into this more practical purchase:)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1386342329|3568769 said:
Our "best purchase of 2013" is of exactly the same sort ::) we got three year old Bax from the shelter a few months ago and our only regret is not getting finding him sooner. Puppy Emily is delighted to have company and he's been a huge help keeping her calm and teaching her how to behave!
Congratulations! I think Phinney also needs an older sibling to put her in her place. I don't think my FI will have it though.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments and good wishes! She has added a lot of joy to our lives.

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My best purchase was a pair of Diono Radian car seats. I was in an accident where one of my sons' car seats came apart and he had a painful injury to his shoulder. Worse yet, the drivers of the cars (yes, two cars hit me) bragged about the fact that they drove SUVs so that they would be bigger than everyone else on the road and could hit others without getting hurt themselves. I was terrified to drive again and so upset that my little boy got hurt. These seats were ridiculously expensive, but they have wide straps, strong buckles and have steel frames, which makes me feel a little less worried when I drive.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1386346236|3568793 said:
lyra|1386279297|3568334 said:

HI:

Lighting does make a difference--the electrician who installed mine stated his wife never uses any other lights--hers are on 24/7! I like the way it highlights the backsplash we have.

cheers--Sharon

I am the type to run around turning off lights usually, but I DO leave these on from afternoon until bedtime. The undercabinet lights are the perfect amount of light for everything. The overheads are actually so bright we rarely use them. Love LEDs. I'm waiting to find the warm toned ones for table lamps. Haven't seen them so far here.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this:

img_2946.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
A rehoming fee for my little tiny puppy. And, a gorgeous scarf that goes with anything.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sortmom, what a beautiful girl! :love:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1386372094|3569096 said:
Sortmom, what a beautiful girl! :love:
Thanks Kenny! She cracks us up everyday. She's just so happy all the time.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Bling wise I purchased five .34ct to .35ct AGS0 diamonds, all at an excellent price. Only had to purchase one at full price.
I bought two from Aljdewey, which are WF ACA stones I vs2. Found two at JA, which were buy backs well below current market price, both also I vs2. Paid for one at BGD, .35 H vs2. Overall I saved around $900 on the diamonds :bigsmile:
Very pleased with myself :)) I'm having a five stone made, just have to decide which setting to pick.

For our household, we bought new bedroom furniture at a store that was having a "lost our lease" moving sale. Great deal on that!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1386354054|3568880 said:
Yssie|1386342329|3568769 said:
Congratulations! I think Phinney also needs an older sibling to put her in her place. I don't think my FI will have it though.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments and good wishes! She has added a lot of joy to our lives.

Congratulations on the furry family members :appl: Dogs really are a girls best friend, diamonds are a close second ;))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping to have something special to post in a few weeks! Otherwise, it's been a year of saving. My bank account looks great but nothing fun to share!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite jewelry purchase for 2013 naturally is my 2.3 ct AVR. Second best thing was meeting lots of PS friends/vendors in Las Vegas and mom2boys in NC!

o_img_1.jpg

p_img_1.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
VR-ohhhh one of my favorite rings ev-er. If you ever sell, gimmee a holler will you????

VC-so jealous-would love to see the gardens in person. When I lived in Arizona w/my gramma she took me to the Monet exhibit and it was so completely amazing.

Sortmom, awwwwww so sweet!

I was hoping my best purchase would be a new dog, but husband says our son is not ready yet, so I have to wait. Her name is all picked out, so now I just have to be patient.

Sooo for this year my best purchase will be a new ring I had made...that I don't have yet!

ETA-I did purchase some rooster drawings from our MissyDebby and they are fantastic, so there's a best purchase that I DO have haha!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1386255995|3568092 said:
2013 was a great year for us! We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary and my sweet hubby upgraded my e-ring to my new 2.52 antique emerald cut ring. That was definitely the best purchase of the year! :love:

Following in close second was our 5 year anniversary trip to Providenciales, Turks & Caicos. We had an amazing time and can't wait to go back again soon! :sun: :bigsmile:

Gorgeous!! Where did you stay in Provo? DBF and I are planning to elope there next year :bigsmile:

Best purchase for me...probably my first ebay foray in buying antique diamonds which became my graduation present to myself (sliding bezel pendant)
dsc02825.jpg
420771_1915738499774_81374979_n.jpg

or the kitchen aid mixer I just bought (Tiffany blue of course)...apparently I ruined my big christmas present because I was so excited on finding a good deal for it and getting reward points on my card that I spoiled DBF's surprise oops haha. Haven't gotten it yet though! :love: :love: I am excited for Christmas to come and start baking with it!!
screen_shot_2013-12-07_at_9.png

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
For our family, our best purchase was the two round trip tickets from Korea to the States so that my husband could be here for the birth of our second child and to visit this Christmas. Though I still cringe when I think about the several thousand dollars those tickets cost, having him there for the birth and the visit coming up are well worth it!!!

Financially, the best purchase we made was setting aside extra money and paying off our car. Technically this was a purchase we made several years ago, but we finished it off now... Yay for no car payments!

And finally, best bling purchase. I do not have it yet, but in the next two weeks I will be receiving my OEC 5 stone from jbeg. So excited! :D

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I bought a macbook air for my mother. Now it's easy for use to facetime :)

I want a pendant just like yours, pandabee!

armywife, I hope your husband has a good flight. I fly home to Japan every year and those long flights always make me exhausted, but It's always worth a long flight to see your family!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results