shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry''s May Drop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 10:42:11 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Date: 5/1/2009 6:27:20 PM

Author: karee888

Date: 5/1/2009 6:22:37 PM

Author: FrekeChild

What did you get?!

apparently it''s a dog stone, since no one said they wanted it!!!
Karee,

Is that the 5.8mm? When I was picking my teal last week, he initially showed me that one, but then realized that it wasn''t the right color to match my very specific need. I loved it then and really wanted it to be the one since my orange matching stone is 5.7mm. I didn''t want to consider it to purchase today since I''m in the process of setting my teal one. HOWEVER, you are gonna love it. It is a really great color. Congrats!
Excellent!! Thanks for the info!

Now I just need to decide on a setting... :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 10:45:34 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 5/1/2009 9:29:32 PM
Author: Lovinggems
Hi all I am new. This is my third post I think.

Well done Yingh on getting the sapphire, I love looking at everyone''s photos here, especially the whole gem to setting process.

I just got confirmation I am getting this beauty, I stayed up till 3 am local time to order, apparently 4 people ordered the same stone within 30 seconds of each other! This is my first garnet and I am really happy.
This garnet and the malaya is so pretty, but it is 2am my time when Barry opens up the website, so I am always late to the party. You mentioned you stayed till 3am local time, are you based in Japan?
Australia.
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:09:27 PM

Date: 5/1/2009 10:42:11 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Date: 5/1/2009 6:27:20 PM

Date: 5/1/2009 6:22:37 PM

What did you get?!

apparently it''s a dog stone, since no one said they wanted it!!!
Karee,

Is that the 5.8mm? When I was picking my teal last week, he initially showed me that one, but then realized that it wasn''t the right color to match my very specific need. I loved it then and really wanted it to be the one since my orange matching stone is 5.7mm. I didn''t want to consider it to purchase today since I''m in the process of setting my teal one. HOWEVER, you are gonna love it. It is a really great color. Congrats!
Excellent!! Thanks for the info!

Now I just need to decide on a setting... :)
Well 5.8 isn''t terribly large but it will likely fit into a standard 6mm setting. A halo would make it a nice size ring. I am currently into the stackers on etsy, so I vote for that!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just curious. What stones did you guys order that the orders went through? Or which stones did you want to order?

I''m so happy that yingh got that sapphire. I know a LOT of people were lusting after it. I''m just glad that means we''ll get pics!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I promise there will be tons of pictures, however, forecast says we will have rainy days for the next two weeks! The good news is that my hubby''s orchid is in full blossom, if you know what means...
27.gif

Date: 5/2/2009 12:15:01 AM
I''m just curious. What stones did you guys order that the orders went through? Or which stones did you want to order?

I''m so happy that yingh got that sapphire. I know a LOT of people were lusting after it. I''m just glad that means we''ll get pics!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for orchid pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And can you send some rain our way? Please??)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 10:50:04 PM
Author: yingh
Thanks!

So you are the one who got this beauty! This is one of the stone I paid for but was told that I was late, you know. Glad it is going to a PS''er! Well, if you ever change your mind, you know there are 4 people in line...

Date: 5/1/2009 9:29:32 PM
Author: Lovinggems
Hi all I am new. This is my third post I think.

Well done Yingh on getting the sapphire, I love looking at everyone''s photos here, especially the whole gem to setting process.

I just got confirmation I am getting this beauty, I stayed up till 3 am local time to order, apparently 4 people ordered the same stone within 30 seconds of each other! This is my first garnet and I am really happy.
Thank you Yingh. Though most likely I''ll keep it.
12.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome LG! What a great stone to start out with!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 12:38:19 AM
Welcome LG! What a great stone to start out with!!!
Thanks for the welcome FrekeChild. I''m looking forward to setting it but I think I''ll need suggestions.

Can''t wait to see what everyone will be doing with their purchases.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, what do you think you want to do with it? Ring? Pendant?

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
oops

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
This is the first stone my eyes gravitated towards the second Barry's drop loaded on my computer. Can't wait to see it in person, this beauty is designated for a halo ring I've been wanting to have made forever.

Barry Umbalite Garnet 6.5.jpg

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Since several people have asked, it was me who snapped up the 8.0mm tourmaline. Not sure what my plans for the stone are yet but I'm sure something will come to me once I see it.

Barry Pink Tourmaline 8.0.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicago: Both of those stones are so gorgeous. I am glad a PSer got them
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. I can''t wait to see them set.

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Linda I looove pink stones, especially tourmalines and this is my first Barry purchase. I''m beyond excited!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 1:05:29 AM
Well, what do you think you want to do with it? Ring? Pendant?
I would like a ring, my ring finger size is around 4.5.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it was a busy purchasing day!
1.gif
Can''t wait to see all the PS purchases - not only are they beautiful stones but we have such amazing photographers on the board, I love seeing everyone''s great pix! I bought this oval, and went to bed (it was 1 am for me) - I had purchased a 2 ct. tourmaline from Barry previously, and while gorgeous it was a tad small for the project I had in mind (a large halo''d cocktail ring, maybe set E/W) so I am saving that one for a future ring for my daughter, and plan to set this oval:

t-6147g_1568_thumb.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 3:10:46 AM
Author: babysteps
1.gif
Can''t wait to see all the PS purchases - not only are they beautiful stones but we have such amazing photographers on the board, I love seeing everyone''s great pix! I bought this oval, and went to bed (it was 1 am for me) - I had purchased a 2 ct. tourmaline from Barry previously, and while gorgeous it was a tad small for the project I had in mind (a large halo''d cocktail ring, maybe set E/W) so I am saving that one for a future ring for my daughter, and plan to set this oval:
I love the supernoval cut, and this tourmaline is one of my favourites from the May drop. Congratulations on getting it.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LovingGems! I love the supernova cuts, too - so sparkly!
1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yingh - I am incredibly jealous. What a phenomenal sapphire. I can''t wait to see your photos. Congratulations.

Congratulations to everybody else as well! I was too late for anything (time zones got in the way)! Barry''s upload this month had some stunners.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 1:48:01 AM
Author: Chicago
Since several people have asked, it was me who snapped up the 8.0mm tourmaline. Not sure what my plans for the stone are yet but I''m sure something will come to me once I see it.
Chicago, that''s the T-1643, right? Good for you!! I''m going to hound you for pics once it arrives. I woke up this morning thinking someone must have gotten it...
The color seems fantastic on that stone.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 3:10:46 AM
1.gif

OH....that''s one of the stones I had in my cart and it didn''t go through... I''m so glad you got it babysteps!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Please post alot of pictures, I think it''s going to be a stunner!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Chicago! Those are beauties!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
babysteps - that oval is going to be great. I am always hesitant about ovals, but every time I see PS''ers photos of their ovals, I think there are no worries about his cut!

Who got the golden beryl?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Great stones everyone. I loved that tourmaline - I was eyeing it but I got 2 pink round stones from him last month and resisted.

I was really hoping for an oval too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish Barry had had more cushions this time around. It seems like a lot of the stones were picked up by PSers. I think we cleared him out of garnets, almost all of the tourms, the sapphire...what else?

(I can''t wait for the influx of PICTURES of these babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me either Liz. Everyone takes such fantastic pictures.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 1:03:08 PM
I wish Barry had had more cushions this time around. It seems like a lot of the stones were picked up by PSers. I think we cleared him out of garnets, almost all of the tourms, the sapphire...what else?

(I can''t wait for the influx of PICTURES of these babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the best part of the month change!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Mochi, oh nooo - I am glad that I have it but sorry that it was one you wanted
15.gif
- I love what you got this drop and can''t wait to see some of your great pix! Cinnamon, thanks, I was not a fan of ovals initially either (though I love the spread, there always seemed to be dead spots) but this supernova cut is now a fave.
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 9:57:50 PM
Mochi, oh nooo - I am glad that I have it but sorry that it was one you wanted
15.gif
- I love what you got this drop and can''t wait to see some of your great pix! Cinnamon, thanks, I was not a fan of ovals initially either (though I love the spread, there always seemed to be dead spots) but this supernova cut is now a fave.
1.gif
Yeah for supernovas from Barry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results