shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry''s May Drop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, sorry Katie!
I'm jealous of you guys who have gemmies on the way!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Which web site is Barry''s?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s ok - not meant to be I guess! Oh well, didn''t need to spend the money anyway.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Poor Barry!! He said he''s having a awful time with refunds and the mess with this months drop has caused. He''s going to be busy just trying to do the refunds...
8.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the link. I''m a newby and not sure which cutters go to which web sites.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2009 2:15:41 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Thank you for the link. I''m a newby and not sure which cutters go to which web sites.
No problem, I was really confused too when I first got to this forum, lol.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I got the red cushion garnet but not sure of it...I am not sure it is the red I want, wanted bigger but having trouble finding 10mm. I like purple undertone and I dont think this stone has that, I dont know how chronium will effect it. Buy first and assess after is what I will do I guess.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always wondering about purchasing software. There should be a way to prevent two people from buying the same item. Initially I would think you wouldn''t let two people put the same item in their carts. But then someone could put a bunch of things in their cart and decide at their leisure if they are going to buy. That wouldn''t be good. So essentially there has to be a way to prevent two people from checking out with the same item. There is always some time lag in updating things, but this seems to happen fairly frequently. That really shouldn''t be. I was thinking that I hate how Dan updates his site because you have to email and then wait. . . I use to think he should do what Barry does. . . but I guess they both have their issues. I think I''d rather wait for an email telling me if I was first in line than thinking I bought something, paying for it and then finding out someone else actually got it. That would suck.

I didn''t buy anything. I have to many vet bills to justify a stone.
7.gif
There were some nice blue/green stones though.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
so fess up, who got this one?

"T-1754 Tourmaline

Tourmaline(J) 2.08 cts., 8.0mm round brilliant[Gec]. This Mozambique stone shifts from a medium/dark slightly orangish pink to a peach/pink color. It is flawless at 10x. BB"

Man, I have been looking high and low for a gem thi colour for so long, and I have wanted a Barry round cut simply for-ever !

I tried, but you gals are simply too quick
40.gif
And remember its almost 2.30am here !
14.gif

The one that Lori got was very close, but this one was just right..
5.gif

I have emailed B, hopefully he will have some more rough
7.gif

BB yum t.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 1:51:32 PM
Author: brandy_z28

T-1844 Tourmaline(J) 1.65 ct. 7.6mm round brilliant[Gec].This Mozambique tourmaline has a very slightly reddish pink color in natural light and an orangy, peachy pink color under incandescent light. Flawless at 10x. BB

36.gif

brandy - CONGRATS!!! The description and photo on this one sounds like it is going to be a great stone. How are you thinking of setting it? I''d do a ring so I could look at it all day!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:26:41 PM
Author: arjunajane

''T-1754 Tourmaline

Tourmaline(J) 2.08 cts., 8.0mm round brilliant[Gec]. This Mozambique stone shifts from a medium/dark slightly orangish pink to a peach/pink color. It is flawless at 10x. BB''

Man, I have been looking high and low for a gem thi colour for so long, and I have wanted a Barry round cut simply for-ever !

40.gif
14.gif

5.gif

7.gif

That one is gorgeous. It says "put me in a beautiful setting" all over it. And at 8mm it is a great price.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:03:49 PM
Author: katiedid
Nope. Nothing for me. Everything I was considering is sold already. I just logged in after getting back from the gym.
emsad.gif
Katie,
Just email Barry and let him know you are thinking about buying a stone and saving up some money. Tell him what you are willing to spend and what you might be looking for. He will find something for you and it will make you so happy!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:29:17 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Date: 5/1/2009 1:51:32 PM

T-1844 Tourmaline(J) 1.65 ct. 7.6mm round brilliant[Gec].This Mozambique tourmaline has a very slightly reddish pink color in natural light and an orangy, peachy pink color under incandescent light. Flawless at 10x. BB

36.gif

brandy - CONGRATS!!! The description and photo on this one sounds like it is going to be a great stone. How are you thinking of setting it? I''d do a ring so I could look at it all day!!
Thanks!!
9.gif
I''m looking at LOGR settings. I''m most definitely thinking a ring! Congrats on getting the strawberry quartz! Definitely unique and oh so pretty!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:26:41 PM
Author: arjunajane

''T-1754 Tourmaline

Tourmaline(J) 2.08 cts., 8.0mm round brilliant[Gec]. This Mozambique stone shifts from a medium/dark slightly orangish pink to a peach/pink color. It is flawless at 10x. BB''

40.gif
14.gif

5.gif

7.gif

AJ: I saw that one too, it is beautiful.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:38:33 PM

Thanks!!
9.gif
I''m looking at LOGR settings. I''m most definitely thinking a ring! Congrats on getting the strawberry quartz! Definitely unique and oh so pretty!

Oooh, that will make an awesome LOGR. I love the work of James Meyer too. I wish I could have him create a setting for something.

Thanks for the comment on my quartz. I looked online for other examples and didn''t see colors as nice, so I think it is a great one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mochi,
Sorry you missed out on the gems you were trying to purchase.
8.gif
I was hoping you would get them since you take the most awesome pictures. At least look on the bright side, you have more $$$ for next month's drop.
31.gif
9.gif

I didn't buy anything, I can't impulse purchase, it's just not in my nature. I need to see it first and then ask lots of questions. I think I've missed out on a lot of gems that way, but c'est la vie.

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I did email Barry after losing the little garnet and he said to look at his May drop. But those just went too fast. Like I said, it''s okay that I didn''t get to them in time. I don''t need to spend the money this month (on top of the money I spent on the stone I lost!). Thanks for the suggestion though - I''ll get in touch with Dan and Barry when I''m ready to get really serious about buying something.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 3:11:31 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Hey Mochi,
Sorry you missed out on the gems you were trying to purchase.
8.gif
I was hoping you would get them since you take the most awesome pictures. At least look on the bright side, you have more $$$ for next month''s drop.
31.gif
9.gif

I didn''t buy anything, I can''t impulse purchase, it''s just not in my nature. I need to see it first and then ask lots of questions. I think I''ve missed out on a lot of gems that way, but c''est la vie.

I can''t wait to see everyone''s pictures!!

Will, TL, I did email Barry and let him know that I wanted the brother to the sunstone, which was also cut by Michael Edwards. It''s tricolored, with light yellow, medium green and peach. I''m really looking forward to that one.

As always, I''ll take a bunch of pictures!!
36.gif
36.gif

SU-5887B.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a little somethin'' somethin''....

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 6:17:53 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I got a little somethin'' somethin''....
do tell! i did too
17.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you get?!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 6:22:37 PM
What did you get?!
apparently it''s a dog stone, since no one said they wanted it!!!

t-1418g_495_general.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 1:35:46 PM
Author: stepcutnut
Oooo everyone got some lovelies!

Fess up, who got the sapphire???
I want to know tooo!! Congrats on the yummy purchases, ladies.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m not sharing what I got yet, but no one really mentioned mine either...

And yours is FAR from being a dog stone! It''s gorgeous!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Pooh! I want to know....

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 6:29:31 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 5/1/2009 1:35:46 PM

Author: stepcutnut

Oooo everyone got some lovelies!

Fess up, who got the sapphire???

I want to know tooo!! Congrats on the yummy purchases, ladies.
barry sent me some pics of the sapphire last week, and it''s totally drool-worthy. i think once i defend my dissertation next may, a sapphire for karee888 is in order!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 6:27:20 PM
Author: karee888

What did you get?!
I was looking at that tourmaline. I was afraid it maybe dark...but was tempted!! Can''t wait for you to get it..

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 6:34:18 PM
Author: mochi

What did you get?!

I was looking at that tourmaline. I was afraid it maybe dark...but was tempted!! Can''t wait for you to get it..
yay! my stone doesn''t suck!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock

What did you get?!
ummmm no way, I love its blue-greeny-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results