shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry''s May Drop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 9:57:50 PM
Author: babysteps
Mochi, oh nooo - I am glad that I have it but sorry that it was one you wanted
15.gif
- I love what you got this drop and can''t wait to see some of your great pix! Cinnamon, thanks, I was not a fan of ovals initially either (though I love the spread, there always seemed to be dead spots) but this supernova cut is now a fave.
1.gif

Oh, that''s ok. Barry just emailed me and I''m gett a couple of surprise stones!
31.gif
31.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised no one snagged that big spinel!

ETA: Someone did! Who got it?!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol MP!

So who all is expecting gems starting tomorrow?! I can''t wait for all of the pics!!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think mine will come tomorrow. I would think likely Thursday or Friday.
20.gif

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
My Barry stones arrived today since I'm also in AZ. First impressions: the Umba Garnet is absolutely amazing and my favorite of the two. The Tourmaline is gorgeous but sadly it's deeper than I wanted it to be. I was really hoping for a medium pink and this one is a bright plummy magenta. The lighting in my house is awful and so pics will have to wait until tomorrow when the sun is back out.

Btw the stones I got were #s GA-1938 (6.5mm/1.27ct Umba) and T-1754 (8mm/2.08ct tourm)

eta: DandiAndi & LaurenthePartier's Barry tourms are within the shade range I was hoping for. Any chance either of you ladies want to trade? LOL
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m jealous Chicago!!! I''m over in NM, and it always takes 2 days (rarely 3) for Barry''s packages to arrive.

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Don''t be jealous Freke I must say that I was surprised when the mailman walked up to my door today, that was VERY fast and unusual for intra-state mail. I also wanted to say that these are my first Barry stones and I was blown away by the faceting and fire of these beauties. Surely I''ll be back for more!

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Awww what the heck I''m gonna log off and snap some pics right now and see what comes out. Be back later to share if any of them are decent enough for posting.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Chicago,
Better come back with those photos! I'm staying up in hopes of seeing them! I'll take T-1754 off your hands!

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Cinnamon I''m back w/pics and a disclaimer. My pics don''t usually look this bad but the lighting in our house is good for the environment not so much the sparklies. The macro and focus don''t work that well in artificial light or perhaps I''m just fishing for an excuse to get a new camera. Without further ado here''s the only pics that came out halfway decent, they do zero justice to the stones.

Jimminy Christmas I can''t seem to attach, let me try again in a new post. Ugh!

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Tourmaline on top, Umba on bottom

Barry nite pix 4.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
somehow a piece of fuzz from the box made its way onto the Umba and looks like a scratch but it''s not

Barry nite pix 1.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo!!!!! I love them both!!! So you''re going to part with the Tourm?

And I don''t have any larger pink gems...well deeper pink gems. I do have a 1.3ct baby pink spinel...but I''m not trading that baby!

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Freke the jury is still out on the tourmaline, I'm going to give it a full day so that I can evaluate it in all sorts of lighting before I make a final decision. The Umba reminds me very much of a pink sapphire and is simply TDF! I'll bet your spinel is gorgeous, have you posted pics of it? If so link me, I'm a junkie for all things sparkly and pink
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. I don''t know that I have. It''s very similar to the stone that''s in my old ering setting, only not precision cut and .19ct larger. For whatever reason, it tends to photograph almost colorless, and I''m guessing that''s partially due to the light coloring of it. Let me poke around in my pics...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the best picture I could find of it unfortunately. It really catches the reflection of the camera, so most of the pictures make it look gray/black. ...sigh...

Bottom right.

IMG_4203 freke.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Chicago - I fell asleep and didn''t see your gems until today. I agree that the stone is a little different than expected. Are you going to keep both? They are lovely!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicago,
Your new stones are beautiful. I really love that umba garnet.
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a pink person and I really like that Garnet. Congrats!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Nice photos, Chicago. I cannot wait to see some more packages start arriving
36.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
The strawberry arrived yesterday! It is really hard to photograph. I got some photos of it to show the red inclusions. There is also some types of inclusions in it that are kind of silvery and some that are kind of spider web like. It''s being sent to Emily / TreAnelli on Etsy today so she can set it for me.

I hear from Barry that he has strawberry quartz coming. I hope he doesn''t mind me telling! He has quite a few pieces on the way and he hopes they are nice. I think the price will be very goodl!

These photos are quite magnified, so keep in mind IRL it looks different. But for those of you that enjoy cool stuff / inclusions in your stones, this is a great one!

tn_IMG_0865.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love the strawberry!
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Cool stone, cinnamon! I love unique stones like that; they are so pretty and interesting, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results