shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Experience with Natural Sapphire Company (long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:25:35 PM
Author: neatfreak
The one thing I still don''t get in all this is that Fox has said she''s willing to get it independently appraised. SO WHY NOT DO IT???

I repeat myself-even if Michael hasn''t consented or requested it if you get it independently appraised then you can know for SURE why it broke.

Then, if indeed it was poor casting, you have EVIDENCE to take to small claims court to get your money back.

Seems pretty clear cut to me-I don''t understand why Fox is so resistant to this?
Ditto, I hope everything works out.

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
I am not resistant to it, Neat. In fact, I have stated many times I am fine with doing it. But, I am pursuing this matter through several other channels at the moment and that has not been required yet. Also, I''m a pretty busy gal, as I am sure everyone on this board can understand, and I haven''t had time to do all of that. But, I Would Be More Than Happy!

Also, the more money I sink into this ring for repairs/appraisals/etc., the more I lose on this purchase. The ring was not very expensive to start with, and the refund I am asking for is paltry in jewelry-world-terms.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:25:35 PM
Author: neatfreak
The one thing I still don't get in all this is that Fox has said she's willing to get it independently appraised. SO WHY NOT DO IT???

I repeat myself-even if Michael hasn't consented or requested it if you get it independently appraised then you can know for SURE why it broke.

Then, if indeed it was poor casting, you have EVIDENCE to take to small claims court to get your money back.

Seems pretty clear cut to me-I don't understand why Fox is so resistant to this?

Seriously. That alone makes me doubtful. Also, the fact that the vendor states that she wants a full refund--including the stone--which she states she wants to keep. That is, if I'm understanding this correctly. Something is off. Conflicting info.

eta: The independent appraisal would be first on my list.

sweetleila

Rough_Rock
I''m just curious, but if you repeatedly hit the head of the ring so hard that it cracked the ring, where is the trauma to the head of the ring? Am I missing that?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:28:44 PM
Author: Fox2009
I am not resistant to it, Neat. In fact, I have stated many times I am fine with doing it. But, I am pursuing this matter through several other channels at the moment and that has not been required yet. Also, I''m a pretty busy gal, as I am sure everyone on this board can understand, and I haven''t had time to do all of that. But, I Would Be More Than Happy!

Also, the more money I sink into this ring for repairs/appraisals/etc., the more I lose on this purchase. The ring was not very expensive to start with, and the refund I am asking for is paltry in jewelry-world-terms.

With all due respect it would take all of 30 minutes to call one of the appraisers we suggested, pack it up, and have USPS come to pick it up.

And in small claims court you can request ALL of your money back-including appraisals and repairs-if you win.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regardless of fault etc., that is not a setting that I would consider to be from a well known company. The finish is appalling. Cut your losses and as Storm says get your insurance company to pay out. To be honest, I would not even contemplate allowing NSC to sort out my setting if they are happy sending out a ring with that finish (sorry I don''t mean to be rude).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
As to why she is "resisting" getting an appraisal done..
Well, I'm gonna take a stab that she perhaps doesn't want to throw good money after bad?..

So, all the members that have been calling for Fox to post pics to prove she's not lying or whatever, and
she posts pics. Nobody really says anything.
instead, you call for her to prove it by getting an appraisal done and I'm guessing posting that too??
hrmmm....

Fox, you must have a pretty thick skin as I'd be pretty upset by now..unless of course you have something to hide..?
31.gif
lol..

Ok, so let's ask once and for all - fox are you willing to get an independent appraisal done to determine for sure the cause of the damage?
You can find a reputable one by following the links at the top under resources.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:30:58 PM
Author: sweetleila
I'm just curious, but if you repeatedly hit the head of the ring so hard that it cracked the ring, where is the trauma to the head of the ring? Am I missing that?
sideways force that damaged the setting like that would likely leave little damage to the bezel as it would take a pushing force more than a hard impact.
It is like using a pry bar to lift something to heavy.
It bends then bends more straiten it and it bends again then it snaps.
All this could happen with little or no marks on the pry bar.

This would also explain why there was no damage to her finger.

sweetleila

Rough_Rock
I''m just going to play devil''s advocate for a second, but who in the world wants their engagement to be associated with a lawsuit? In the thousands of rings owned by the learned members of pricescope, how many posts are there of rings broken similarly to the complainant''s? I know that the fact that breakage like this may be a rare occurrence would not make it NSC''s fault per se, but really how much time and money would it have cost NSC to recast and properly polish a new setting for the pretty stone she purchased from them so she could have continued to laud and promote them every time she shows that ring off?

I agree she should get the ring independently appraised at this point, and go after them in small claims court if need be. But after being called a liar, and after being accused of trying to extort money for my own personal gain, I''d probably not want anything more from them but my money back for the setting either.

You all are the experts, I''m just offering my thoughts.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:25:51 PM
I agree, tourmaline. I expected more from NSC, too.

Although the casting is separate from the breakage, they all go back to the same point: the ring was poorly made. The result of the ring being poorly made is that I can''t even wear it now.

Re: insurance, we don''t have insurance on it. Good thought, but it won''t work. I didn''t think it was necessary because I thought NSC was a very reputable seller with a good lifetime warranty.
Warranty covers entirely different things than insurance.
Being a lawyer in training you should know that.

sweetleila

Rough_Rock
I see Karl. Thank you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:41:38 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Regardless of fault etc., that is not a setting that I would consider to be from a well known company. The finish is appalling. Cut your losses and as Storm says get your insurance company to pay out. To be honest, I would not even contemplate allowing NSC to sort out my setting if they are happy sending out a ring with that finish (sorry I don't mean to be rude).
I agree regardless of laying blame here, for a one yr old ring its not good enough!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everything Karl has said. To me, the ring shows signs of personal abuse. I do agree though, that the ring should have been polished better.

Thank you Karl!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:52:43 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 3/24/2009 8:41:38 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Regardless of fault etc., that is not a setting that I would consider to be from a well known company. The finish is appalling. Cut your losses and as Storm says get your insurance company to pay out. To be honest, I would not even contemplate allowing NSC to sort out my setting if they are happy sending out a ring with that finish (sorry I don't mean to be rude).
I agree regardless of laying blame here, for a one yr old ring its not good enough!
That ring looks dodgy to me.

Unless Fox actually tried on purpose to break it, I just don't see how any amount of personal abuse (I'm talking normal wear, including unintentional knocks here and there) should damage well made ring that many times.

But I'm with the others. It takes a lot of effort to call a lawyer, write letters, etc. Just send the package off to an independent already and get solid answers once and for all.

ETA, to fix some words that had the opposite meaning of what I meant!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:57:38 PM
Author: Linda W
I agree with everything Karl has said. To me, the ring shows signs of personal abuse. I do agree though, that the ring should have been polished better.

Thank you Karl!!!!!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Sorry, but really? I know you like NSC, but I don''t think anyone here can say that the damage was caused by Fox based on a few photos.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:15:21 PM
Author: icekid

Thank you Karl!!!!!

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Sorry, but really? I know you like NSC, but I don''t think anyone here can say that the damage was caused by Fox based on a few photos.

ha ha ha, there is no need for you to roll your eyes at me. I am allowed to give my opinion too and I happen to agree with Karl.

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
Yes, I WILL GET AN INDEPDENDENT APPRAISAL. I will get it when need it. To get it now is not neccesary to go to small claims court, especially when I am not there yet. I see no purpose in getting one to please people on this board, especially when that is not my objective.

I don''t have a thick skin, I just don''t like to address commentary that is not productive:).

Re: calling a lawyer, my dear Dad is my lawyer, and it is no effort. We already have a letter drafted and have contacted all the authorities. I like what one poster said: I don''t want to sink more good money in after bad. The rest of how I manage my time is, by my estimation, my business.:)

And, after being called a liar and all sorts of stuff, I really just want my money back, that is all. And, Karl, I do know that warranties and insurance are different, of course. But, all I care about is that they are both ways to get my money back, and since I do not have insurance on it, only one avenue is available to me and the rest is moot!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 4:28:08 PM
Author: TheNaturalSapphireCompany

As mentioned by others, Fox2009 has taken this “disagreement” public. We have the right to defend our company on any website. I want to assure all our past, current, and future customers that their business and correspondence with us, is and always will be, private. This actually is the first negative review of our company that we have ever come across and we will defend ourselves vigorously.

I''m not going to get into the argument of he said/she said, but I think that NSC should look through PS a little harder. There are plenty of not so favorable reviews. I''m glad they just started reading PS. That''s all I wanted to say - hijack over.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:17:32 PM

Thank you Karl!!!!!

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

ha ha ha, there is no need for you to roll your eyes at me. I am allowed to give my opinion too and I happen to agree with Karl.
Fortunately, I am allowed to give my opinion, as well! And I find it rude that you have wanted to jump all over Fox from the beginning. I am quite certain that people in the industry with far more experience than you or me would not be willing to state that the damage to that ring is the fault of Fox based on a few photos.

Like the others, I will reserve judgment until an expert independent appraiser has examined the ring in person.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:33:43 PM
Date: 3/24/2009 10:17:32 PM

Thank you Karl!!!!!

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Sorry, but really? I know you like NSC, but I don't think anyone here can say that the damage was caused by Fox based on a few photos.

Fortunately, I am allowed to give my opinion, as well! And I find it rude that you have wanted to jump all over Fox from the beginning. I am quite certain that people in the industry with far more experience than you or me would not be willing to state that the damage to that ring is the fault of Fox based on a few photos.

Like the others, I will reserve judgment until an expert independent appraiser has examined the ring in person.

Hey calm down, I was agreeing with Karl, does that make him rude too? I think not. I know the reputation of NSC too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:27:53 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 3/23/2009 4:28:08 PM
Author: TheNaturalSapphireCompany

As mentioned by others, Fox2009 has taken this “disagreement” public. We have the right to defend our company on any website. I want to assure all our past, current, and future customers that their business and correspondence with us, is and always will be, private. This actually is the first negative review of our company that we have ever come across and we will defend ourselves vigorously.

I''m not going to get into the argument of he said/she said, but I think that NSC should look through PS a little harder. There are plenty of not so favorable reviews. I''m glad they just started reading PS. That''s all I wanted to say - hijack over.
TL,
I agree completely.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Harriet.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:22:22 PM
Yes, I WILL GET AN INDEPDENDENT APPRAISAL. I will get it when need it. To get it now is not neccesary to go to small claims court, especially when I am not there yet. I see no purpose in getting one to please people on this board, especially when that is not my objective.

I don''t have a thick skin, I just don''t like to address commentary that is not productive:).

Re: calling a lawyer, my dear Dad is my lawyer, and it is no effort. We already have a letter drafted and have contacted all the authorities. I like what one poster said: I don''t want to sink more good money in after bad. The rest of how I manage my time is, by my estimation, my business.:)

And, after being called a liar and all sorts of stuff, I really just want my money back, that is all. And, Karl, I do know that warranties and insurance are different, of course. But, all I care about is that they are both ways to get my money back, and since I do not have insurance on it, only one avenue is available to me and the rest is moot!
Fox,
I can''t judge from the pictures, and don''t know how others can. Thus, I don''t know who''s in the right here. But, I''d like to applaud you for holding your own in light of the harsh criticism that has been levelled against you.
P.S. I know how busy you must be as a law student. Good luck!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:53:41 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 3/24/2009 10:22:22 PM

Fox,
I can''t judge from the pictures, and don''t know how others can. Thus, I don''t know who''s in the right here. But, I''d like to applaud you for holding your own in light of the harsh criticism that has been levelled against you.
P.S. I know how busy you must be as a law student. Good luck!
I agree. I hope you aren''t taking anything personally Fox, and I didn''t mean to come across as harsh (if you took it that way). We need critical reviews on pricescope too if the customer isn''t happy. Please do keep us posted on the outcome!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ring looks dodgy to me too. 3 repairs in 15 months? Suspect.

With all the $$ people are putting into jewelry these days, I wonder if Lemon Laws are in order. (Or, perhaps, OVERDUE).

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
Thanks Harriet, I appreciate that:)

I really don''t care how people judge it, though I respect the many wise people on here with opinions based on experience. I just wanted to share the experience in case it could help anyone

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
Lol, I agree decodelighted. I should look into that:)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:46:54 PM
Thanks Harriet.
See? I don''t always disagree with you.
2.gif

Your post was to the point. It called into question a statement Arnstein made. I understand that he has the right to defend himself here, but perhaps he could have done so more diplomatically. I hope his posts are not indicative of the NSC''s customer service.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:24:58 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 3/24/2009 10:46:54 PM

Thanks Harriet.
See? I don''t always disagree with you.
2.gif

Your post was to the point. It called into question a statement Arnstein made. I understand that he has the right to defend himself here, but perhaps he could have done so more diplomatically. I hope his posts are not indicative of the NSC''s customer service.

Oh come on Harriet. I have dealt with them for many many years, you have not.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:23:06 PM
Thanks Harriet, I appreciate that:)

I really don''t care how people judge it, though I respect the many wise people on here with opinions based on experience. I just wanted to share the experience in case it could help anyone
You''re welcome. I understand what you were trying to do.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results