shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Experience with Natural Sapphire Company (long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously, what is WRONG with you people???

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:24:50 AM
Author: Linda W
OMG Gailey, you have me rolling here and please pass me a margarita!!!!!
margarita.gif

9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:28:56 AM
Author: Gypsy
*Passes Gailey a very yummy slice of pie!!!*
2.gif
Gypsy,

Thank you for the pie, but please be cautious my dear. Some (calorie counters) may see your noble intentions as a clear case of incitement. XX

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:35:18 AM
Author: Gailey

2.gif
Gypsy,

Thank you for the pie, but please be cautious my dear. Some (calorie counters) may see your noble intentions as a clear case of incitement. XX
Loving Gailey.
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I''m curious to know what the ring looked like before the damage happened. Before and after pics? (sorry if that''s already been mentioned--this thread is long)

I''ll take a Grey Goose and soda with a lemon wedge--low calorie. Thanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:35:18 AM

2.gif
Gypsy,

29261o4pp4eiope.gif
Have a drink honey!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For Coati... I''ll got is lime babe, hope that''s okay!

2550GYPSYlime.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:15:58 AM

Date: 3/26/2009 10:09:36 PM
Author: Fox2009
Purrfect, it is ok to tell a forum that you don't appreciate something. It doesn't mean I am objecting to not being framed as a 'victim,' which was never my point. It means that I am setting a personal boundary. If I wanted to be a victim I wouldn't continue to reiterate that I only posted this as my own experience to maybe help others shopping for a sapphire. It is ok if I appreciate people chiming in when they share my viewpoint. But, as has also been mentioned by Thetrial, I've thanked people for objective posts that didn't agree with me completely.
Ms Fox

Puhleese! Are you seriously trying to tell us that your sole intention in starting this thread is simply to 'help' others?

I think you are an extremely articulate and accomplished young woman. I am not even going to begin to dabble in the debate as to the rights and wrongs of your predicament with NSC. There are plenty of very learned people from this board, whose opinions I respect enormously, who have proffered advice in that regard.

From what I can see (unless I am missing something), your first post to this board, 4 days ago, tells us that you have already decided to get a new engagement ring, so much for the sentiment about the sapphire.

Your second post, 3 days ago, launches your offensive against NSC, about whom you feel have done you an egregious disservice, but your sole intention of sharing your story with us is simply to prevent others from suffering the same fate as you?

To coin a phrase from my ancestors, and naturally in my own opinion, but 'Do I look like I sailed down the Clyde on a Banana boat?'

Gypsy, please pass me some pie - I've heard everything now!
WHAT is with the witch hunt on this thread?

If Fox is pissed off at NSC and wants to warn people about buying from them - is that the craziest thing we've ever seen on Pricescope? Does that possibly negate that Fox's story MIGHT BE TRUE?

For god's sake, she's told her story, and it's obvious things are contentious between the two of them. She's posted pics as everyone has requested. Why the snarky bitchy attitude (and I'm not just talking about the post above). The woman has remained civil this entire thread.

Is THAT what you ladies really want? For people to be so afraid of these witch hunts and cultish loyalties that no one wants to post negative consumer experiences on Pricescope? She posted the story. It's fine to ask questions. It's fine to seek clarification. But geez, give me a break already. Just because someone has a GREAT experience or 1000000's of great experiences with a vendor DOES NOT MEAN that someone else can't have a bad one!!! I've never had a bad experience with Whiteflash. Does this mean that they aren't capable of screwing up?

Nice people get pissed. Nice vendors screw up. I'm not saying or concluding what happened in this case. NONE of us know. But if she wants to post an experience that might make someone think twice, she is within her rights to do that because she is not making up the fact that she had a bad experience. It's HER EXPERIENCE. IT MAY NOT BE YOURS.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t bake anything. I want to go to a bakery. F making it myself. Then I end up making too much of it, and then eating it all. I''ll go to a bakery/restaurant and get ONE piece instead.

Besides, I don''t have the ingredients to make coconut cream pie.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:48:45 AM
For Coati... I'll got is lime babe, hope that's okay!

Thanks hon! Lime's always good!
18.gif

*hic*

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:50:35 AM
Author: TravelingGal

If Fox is pissed off at NSC and wants to warn people about buying from them - is that the craziest thing we''ve ever seen on Pricescope? Does that possibly negate that Fox''s story MIGHT BE TRUE?

For god''s sake, she''s told her story, and it''s obvious things are contentious between the two of them. She''s posted pics as everyone has requested. Why the snarky bitchy attitude (and I''m not just talking about the post above). The woman has remained civil this entire thread.

Is THAT what you ladies really want? For people to be so afraid of these witch hunts and cultish loyalties that no one wants to post negative consumer experiences on Pricescope? She posted the story. It''s fine to ask questions. It''s fine to seek clarification. But geez, give me a break already. Just because someone has a GREAT experience or 1000000''s of great experiences with a vendor DOES NOT MEAN that someone else can''t have a bad one!!! I''ve never had a bad experience with Whiteflash. Does this mean that they aren''t capable of screwing up?

Nice people get pissed. Nice vendors screw up. I''m not saying or concluding what happened in this case. NONE of us know. But if she wants to post an experience that might make someone think twice, she is within her rights to do that because she is not making up the fact that she had a bad experience. It''s HER EXPERIENCE. IT MAY NOT BE YOURS.
I have to say TGal, I agree. I don''t know exactly what dynamic is going on here, because honestly I don''t see a lot of sapphires being bought from NSC (Linda''s, Making the Grade''s are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head) and I''ve never really seen great reviews of them (can someone please point me in the direction of them?). In fact, they are often used as the first example of not amazing cuts. As I''ve stated previously.

I hate to see threads where the OP gets beat up on because they have a bad experience (and this has been a really crappy one, from both NSC''s and Fox''s POV, IMO) from a favored vendor. Someone doesn''t like WF or GOG and they are practically stoned for blasphemy. But the difference there seems to be that tons of people have bought from WF and GOG, and they are preferred vendors. I don''t know what the deal with this loyalty to NSC... But hey, I''m not their customer.

However, it was less Fox''s experience that has pushed me away from purchasing from NSC, unless it''s something I HAVE TO HAVE. But it was Michael''s posts that really threw me for a loop. I won''t buy from Diamonds by Lauren for that same reason. I think only PR people should be posting on behalf of a company, and CEOs or higher ups should stay away. That''s only from recent experience. And I steer clear of RT most of the time, so other than DBL, I have no idea about diamond vendors.

I''m sure that the OP and NSC have valid viewpoints. I wish this hadn''t occurred in the first place. But I wish the most for people to not jump on people if they have a bad experience with a vendor that most people like. People have crappy experiences. That''s one of the things that makes this forum so valuable.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Tgal 100%, personally I think it''s time for this thread to be closed as its just
people trying to one-up each other in being narky now.
7.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:20:02 AM
Author: arjunajane
Ditto Tgal 100%, personally I think it's time for this thread to be closed as its just
7.gif
And it really f*ckin' pisses me off when I'm out-narked!!!
11.gif

ETA, I do slightly disagree that the thread should be closed. If it is, I hope Fox or NSC comes back and lets us know the resolution.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:21:38 AM

Date: 3/27/2009 1:20:02 AM
Author: arjunajane
Ditto Tgal 100%, personally I think it''s time for this thread to be closed as its just
7.gif
And it really f*ckin'' pisses me off when I''m out-narked!!!
11.gif

ETA, I do slightly disagree that the thread should be closed. If it is, I hope Fox or NSC comes back and lets us know the resolution.
Yes, so would I, but of course that could easily be done in a new post.
I know, it seems weird agreeing with you, lol!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
14.gif

2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:12:11 AM
Author: FrekeChild

If Fox is pissed off at NSC and wants to warn people about buying from them - is that the craziest thing we''ve ever seen on Pricescope? Does that possibly negate that Fox''s story MIGHT BE TRUE?

For god''s sake, she''s told her story, and it''s obvious things are contentious between the two of them. She''s posted pics as everyone has requested. Why the snarky bitchy attitude (and I''m not just talking about the post above). The woman has remained civil this entire thread.

Is THAT what you ladies really want? For people to be so afraid of these witch hunts and cultish loyalties that no one wants to post negative consumer experiences on Pricescope? She posted the story. It''s fine to ask questions. It''s fine to seek clarification. But geez, give me a break already. Just because someone has a GREAT experience or 1000000''s of great experiences with a vendor DOES NOT MEAN that someone else can''t have a bad one!!! I''ve never had a bad experience with Whiteflash. Does this mean that they aren''t capable of screwing up?

Nice people get pissed. Nice vendors screw up. I''m not saying or concluding what happened in this case. NONE of us know. But if she wants to post an experience that might make someone think twice, she is within her rights to do that because she is not making up the fact that she had a bad experience. It''s HER EXPERIENCE. IT MAY NOT BE YOURS.

I have to say TGal, I agree. I don''t know exactly what dynamic is going on here, because honestly I don''t see a lot of sapphires being bought from NSC (Linda''s, Making the Grade''s are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head) and I''ve never really seen great reviews of them (can someone please point me in the direction of them?). In fact, they are often used as the first example of not amazing cuts. As I''ve stated previously.

I hate to see threads where the OP gets beat up on because they have a bad experience (and this has been a really crappy one, from both NSC''s and Fox''s POV, IMO) from a favored vendor. Someone doesn''t like WF or GOG and they are practically stoned for blasphemy. But the difference there seems to be that tons of people have bought from WF and GOG, and they are preferred vendors. I don''t know what the deal with this loyalty to NSC... But hey, I''m not their customer.

However, it was less Fox''s experience that has pushed me away from purchasing from NSC, unless it''s something I HAVE TO HAVE. But it was Michael''s posts that really threw me for a loop. I won''t buy from Diamonds by Lauren for that same reason. I think only PR people should be posting on behalf of a company, and CEOs or higher ups should stay away. That''s only from recent experience. And I steer clear of RT most of the time, so other than DBL, I have no idea about diamond vendors.

I''m sure that the OP and NSC have valid viewpoints. I wish this hadn''t occurred in the first place. But I wish the most for people to not jump on people if they have a bad experience with a vendor that most people like. People have crappy experiences. That''s one of the things that makes this forum so valuable.

Liz, that is true you have never purchased from them. Michael is a wonderful man and I truly love him to death. He has always been very kind to me, as has Steven Bliss. I have spoken to Michael numerous times on the phone and I am looking forward to meeting him, when my husband and I make our trip to New York.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:43:35 AM

If Fox is pissed off at NSC and wants to warn people about buying from them - is that the craziest thing we've ever seen on Pricescope? Does that possibly negate that Fox's story MIGHT BE TRUE?

For god's sake, she's told her story, and it's obvious things are contentious between the two of them. She's posted pics as everyone has requested. Why the snarky bitchy attitude (and I'm not just talking about the post above). The woman has remained civil this entire thread.

Is THAT what you ladies really want? For people to be so afraid of these witch hunts and cultish loyalties that no one wants to post negative consumer experiences on Pricescope? She posted the story. It's fine to ask questions. It's fine to seek clarification. But geez, give me a break already. Just because someone has a GREAT experience or 1000000's of great experiences with a vendor DOES NOT MEAN that someone else can't have a bad one!!! I've never had a bad experience with Whiteflash. Does this mean that they aren't capable of screwing up?

Nice people get pissed. Nice vendors screw up. I'm not saying or concluding what happened in this case. NONE of us know. But if she wants to post an experience that might make someone think twice, she is within her rights to do that because she is not making up the fact that she had a bad experience. It's HER EXPERIENCE. IT MAY NOT BE YOURS.

I have to say TGal, I agree. I don't know exactly what dynamic is going on here, because honestly I don't see a lot of sapphires being bought from NSC (Linda's, Making the Grade's are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head) and I've never really seen great reviews of them (can someone please point me in the direction of them?). In fact, they are often used as the first example of not amazing cuts. As I've stated previously.

I hate to see threads where the OP gets beat up on because they have a bad experience (and this has been a really crappy one, from both NSC's and Fox's POV, IMO) from a favored vendor. Someone doesn't like WF or GOG and they are practically stoned for blasphemy. But the difference there seems to be that tons of people have bought from WF and GOG, and they are preferred vendors. I don't know what the deal with this loyalty to NSC... But hey, I'm not their customer.

However, it was less Fox's experience that has pushed me away from purchasing from NSC, unless it's something I HAVE TO HAVE. But it was Michael's posts that really threw me for a loop. I won't buy from Diamonds by Lauren for that same reason. I think only PR people should be posting on behalf of a company, and CEOs or higher ups should stay away. That's only from recent experience. And I steer clear of RT most of the time, so other than DBL, I have no idea about diamond vendors.

I'm sure that the OP and NSC have valid viewpoints. I wish this hadn't occurred in the first place. But I wish the most for people to not jump on people if they have a bad experience with a vendor that most people like. People have crappy experiences. That's one of the things that makes this forum so valuable.

Liz, that is true you have never purchased from them. Michael is a wonderful man and I truly love him to death. He has always been very kind to me, as has Steven Bliss. I have spoken to Michael numerous times on the phone and I am looking forward to meeting him, when my husband and I make our trip to New York.
Well FINALLY it makes sense! I was beginning to wonder about you Linda! But I didn't want a smack down from suppa granny!!
2.gif

I can understand if you adore the man that you don't want his business to suffer. I think we all have vendors we have been so pleased to work with and want to share the wealth.

It's possible Linda, that your personality just meshes with the folks at NSC and that Fox was unlucky with this product (or did abuse it, who knows - we don't). But as I said, one can have a bad experience with a nice person and not because one is a mean customer. We need all kinds of reviews on PS. At the end of the day, the truth usually comes out.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS LINDA)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Date: 3/27/2009 12:15:58 AM

Date: 3/26/2009 10:09:36 PM
Author: Fox2009
Purrfect, it is ok to tell a forum that you don''t appreciate something. It doesn''t mean I am objecting to not being framed as a ''victim,'' which was never my point. It means that I am setting a personal boundary. If I wanted to be a victim I wouldn''t continue to reiterate that I only posted this as my own experience to maybe help others shopping for a sapphire. It is ok if I appreciate people chiming in when they share my viewpoint. But, as has also been mentioned by Thetrial, I''ve thanked people for objective posts that didn''t agree with me completely.
Ms Fox

Puhleese! Are you seriously trying to tell us that your sole intention in starting this thread is simply to ''help'' others?

I think you are an extremely articulate and accomplished young woman. I am not even going to begin to dabble in the debate as to the rights and wrongs of your predicament with NSC. There are plenty of very learned people from this board, whose opinions I respect enormously, who have proffered advice in that regard.

From what I can see (unless I am missing something), your first post to this board, 4 days ago, tells us that you have already decided to get a new engagement ring, so much for the sentiment about the sapphire.

Your second post, 3 days ago, launches your offensive against NSC, about whom you feel have done you an egregious disservice, but your sole intention of sharing your story with us is simply to prevent others from suffering the same fate as you?

To coin a phrase from my ancestors, and naturally in my own opinion, but ''Do I look like I sailed down the Clyde on a Banana boat?''

Gypsy, please pass me some pie - I''ve heard everything now!

TG,

I have enormous respect for you and your opinions. And actually, I agree with what you are saying. I too believe it is important for us as a collective to hear both positive and negative purchasing experiences where those experiences serve to educate us and to push our suppliers into providing us with ever improving goods and services. However, in this case I don''t believe this thread meets that criteria.

Now I freely admit I am having a lousy week, so maybe my perspectives are a little skewed and maybe I am feeling more cynical than normal. But I truly believe that in this particular case the motivation behind this thread has absolutely nothing to do with educating prospective NSC customers, or who or what is responsible for the demise of this ring. In addition, I don''t have a dog in the fight. I''ve never bought anything from NSC and nor do I have any affiliation with the instigator of this thread.

My resentment stems from my own belief that we as a group are being played. I feel like a pawn. I feel Pricescope is being used as a pawn to stir up controversy and negativity to the detriment of the vendor. It may be justified, it may not - immaterial really because the damage has already been done.

Again, in my opinion, Fox has launched an offensive against NSC. But we (Pricescope) have perpetuated it because individually, one by one, we call it as we see it, because that''s what PS is, a very public vehicle for public opinion.

I genuinely don''t have a view about who''s door the blame should be laid at for Fox''s ring because I don''t know enough to make that call. People who read my opinions know how much I value what Pricescope stands for, so perhaps some will also understand my degree of indignation.

This thread is controversial. It has successfully pitted member against member, thus generating maximum interest, which in turn has kept the thread, whose title is: "Bad Experience With Natural Sapphire Company (long), at the top of the page for days.

Maximum impact - achieved.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:08:32 AM
TG,

I have enormous respect for you and your opinions. And actually, I agree with what you are saying. I too believe it is important for us as a collective to hear both positive and negative purchasing experiences where those experiences serve to educate us and to push our suppliers into providing us with ever improving goods and services. However, in this case I don't believe this thread meets that criteria.

Now I freely admit I am having a lousy week, so maybe my perspectives are a little skewed and maybe I am feeling more cynical than normal. But I truly believe that in this particular case the motivation behind this thread has absolutely nothing to do with educating prospective NSC customers, or who or what is responsible for the demise of this ring. In addition, I don't have a dog in the fight. I've never bought anything from NSC and nor do I have any affiliation with the instigator of this thread.

My resentment stems from my own belief that we as a group are being played. I feel like a pawn. I feel Pricescope is being used as a pawn to stir up controversy and negativity to the detriment of the vendor. It may be justified, it may not - immaterial really because the damage has already been done.

Again, in my opinion, Fox has launched an offensive against NSC. But we (Pricescope) have perpetuated it because individually, one by one, we call it as we see it, because that's what PS is, a very public vehicle for public opinion.

I genuinely don't have a view about who's door the blame should be laid at for Fox's ring because I don't know enough to make that call. People who read my opinions know how much I value what Pricescope stands for, so perhaps some will also understand my degree of indignation.

This thread is controversial. It has successfully pitted member against member, thus generating maximum interest, which in turn has kept the thread, whose title is: 'Bad Experience With Natural Sapphire Company (long), at the top of the page for days.

Maximum impact - achieved.
Gailey, Fox seems relatively new, so unless she's been lurking a long time, she probably didn't know what pains in the a**es we all are.
25.gif

I understand your logic. But most negative reviews posted here are part to educate, part out of spite (with the balance sometimes skewed) . Nothing new about that.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.S., I hope you have an awesome weekend that saves your week!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
One last thing...the title of this thread, "bad experience, etc etc" is just that. A bad experience. It''s better than others I''ve seen that say "STAY AWAY FROM JOE THE PLUMBER''S DIAMONDS!"

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, hope your week ends on a better note.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, I will let you wear one of my Pads
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:50:00 AM

Date: 3/27/2009 1:43:35 AM

Well FINALLY it makes sense! I was beginning to wonder about you Linda! But I didn''t want a smack down from suppa granny!!
2.gif

I can understand if you adore the man that you don''t want his business to suffer. I think we all have vendors we have been so pleased to work with and want to share the wealth.

It''s possible Linda, that your personality just meshes with the folks at NSC and that Fox was unlucky with this product (or did abuse it, who knows - we don''t). But as I said, one can have a bad experience with a nice person and not because one is a mean customer. We need all kinds of reviews on PS. At the end of the day, the truth usually comes out.
1.gif
I also had the pleasure of talking with Michael. I had never dealt with him before, my experiences were with Steven Bliss. I had a whole line up of hard questions for Michael. He more than answered them. The reason I called? I don''t take my recommendations lightly.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:17:05 AM
Thanks TG
1.gif
. It''s going to take a while. Yesterday I lost a friend whom I had known since I was 11. I now have to help steer her two young daugters (one 9 today and one of 12) through the next few days and weeks. It''s one of life''s events that has the ability to put things into very polarising perspective - for me anyway.

TG, I meant what I said at the begining of my last post and I also respect your opinion in this case. I even hope I''m wrong about what I believe to be the motivation going on here.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:19:02 AM
Author: Harriet
Gailey, hope your week ends on a better note.
Thank you muchly H. What I need is a very long lie down on a very warm beach, looking at some very blue sea, drinking a very cold beer. So oblige me if you would and do a bit extra of all such activities on my behalf - OK! (insert sunbathing, beer drinking smilie here)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:22:49 AM
Gailey, I will let you wear one of my Pads
9.gif
Linda sweetie, I''ve said it before - you''re what PS is all about. You see good in everyone.

Thank you so much for the offer to wear one of your pads. I''d like to say I''m as big a person as you and would gracefully hand it back, but truth be told - I''d run for the hills!! Pricescope? Who are they? A cut price supermarket?

XX

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:31:03 AM

Date: 3/27/2009 2:17:05 AM
Thanks TG
1.gif
. It''s going to take a while. Yesterday I lost a friend whom I had known since I was 11. I now have to help steer her two young daugters (one 9 today and one of 12) through the next few days and weeks. It''s one of life''s events that has the ability to put things into very polarising perspective - for me anyway.

TG, I meant what I said at the begining of my last post and I also respect your opinion in this case. I even hope I''m wrong about what I believe to be the motivation going on here.
I am so sorry to hear this Gailey. My sincerest condolences.
15.gif

I don''t have an opinion on the case (other than the ring looked dodgy) but I do have an opinion that people should be able to post theirs without getting flamed (questioned yes, flamed no.)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, I am so very very sorry about your friend. My heart breaks for her children and her family. Losing a friend is devastating. A big hug to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results