shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments ladies! We are pretty happy with the results. DH did a great job… he replaced all the trim and baseboard (it’s the on going house project) and put the chair rail up all by himself. That took up the most time, although I feel like I was touching everything up forever too.
3.gif

Ella – Funny you have dark wood envy… I would have taken a free crib no matter what it looked like too! DH and I were actually a little disappointed its so dark… we had to order it sight unseen and thought it was going to match the other furniture better… oh well! Luckily he didnt go all metro on me and want to send it back.

Laine – That’s funny we both have the same room! It’s the back bedroom in our townhouse too, although it’s the only one on that side. When you get to the top of the stairs you go straight to the babies room, right for our bedroom which spans the width of the TH and left to a little loft area which has now become our office. I am sure there is only so many ways to divide up a townhouse, esp when its only 1800 sqft!

Diver – Still no official name, but Jonathan William is still on the table as the only one that has been agreed upon. That dresser is the only piece of “real” furniture in the room. It used to belong to DHs great aunt, so its real wood, has the company stamps and the whole nine yards… pretty neat. There is a matching blanket chest that I would LOVE to have, but SIL has it.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, we finally have some nursery photos to post! Here''s baby girl''s crib with our kitty in it (bad kitty! he''s adopted both cribs as his new beds, of course)

girlcrib_monks.JPG

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
And boy crib:

boycrib.JPG

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
the girl''s crib taken from POV of boy''s crib :) (the rolled-up rug on the floor won''t be there!)

room_girl.JPG

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
and boy crib taken from POV of girl''s crib. The white frames with purple and green mats in them will be on the wall behind each crib, and the Monkey canvas thingie will be over the changing pad (our cat''s name is Monkey so we had to get it!). It looks a little drab in the nighttime light and the flash washes everything out in photos, but during the day the colors are really beautiful together!

We got a glider but as you can see, there''s no room for it in the nursery, so it''s in the living room. I think that''s good though b/c that way if one baby is sleeping but the other is awake, I can take him/her out to the living room and rock-a-bye-baby out there
1.gif

room_boy.JPG

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Actually here''s a daylight shot from a few weeks ago, which shows the color of the walls better - they''re not nearly as dark as they look in the other photos!

nursery_daylight.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ella, the nursery is just beautiful!!! I love the colors, just perfect for your twins.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your nursery ellaila, can you believe your twins will be in those cribs in a month or so?? So exciting!!
36.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girls! Beautiful nurseries! I''m not pregnant yet, but if DH and I TTC on the timetable we''re thinking about, it''s likely the baby could be born a couple months before we get a house/bigger apartment. Thus, there wouldn''t be a real nursery at first. We would put some of the baby furniture in DH''s office but we wouldn''t have room for a traditional crib, thus we are thinking about purchasing a cosleeper for our bedroom. Actually, we were thinking about a cosleeper prior to this anyway! Have any of you guys used these? What do ya think about them? Can the baby nap there if the parents are in the other room, or should we get a bassinet too? Thanks for your advice.
9.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 1:21:38 AM
Author: peonygirl
Hey girls! Beautiful nurseries! I'm not pregnant yet, but if DH and I TTC on the timetable we're thinking about, it's likely the baby could be born a couple months before we get a house/bigger apartment. Thus, there wouldn't be a real nursery at first. We would put some of the baby furniture in DH's office but we wouldn't have room for a traditional crib, thus we are thinking about purchasing a cosleeper for our bedroom. Actually, we were thinking about a cosleeper prior to this anyway! Have any of you guys used these? What do ya think about them? Can the baby nap there if the parents are in the other room, or should we get a bassinet too? Thanks for your advice.
9.gif
Hey peonygirl! I actually just ordered our cosleeper and am really excited for it because I've heard such great things about them. I definitely think the baby could sleep in it while you're in the other room - just keep a monitor in your bedroom, same as you would a nursery, and you will be fine! We plan on keeping both babies in the cosleeper in our room at first and then moving them to separate cribs a few months down the road. We also have a pack-and-play that we're going to keep in our living room, so basically these babies can sleep in any room at any given time. Quite the life, eh?
2.gif

Oh, and from what I've heard, don't waste your money on a bassinet. They have only one purpose and it's pretty shortlived, so they're a waste of money (unless you can borrow one from someone). The cosleepers at least can be used as playpens later on and have a much higher weight limit (30 lbs, compared to I think 15 for a bassinet). Good luck with TTC!!

Thanks for the compliments MrsS and Kaleigh! And no, I can't believe that in just four-and-a-half weeks, we're going to meet our little ones!!! We put the car seats in my car over the weekend, so that def. makes it seem a lot more real now! Pretty darn exciting
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peony, Tessa sleeps in a bassinet by our bed. I love it. We can move it into DH''s office as well. It was part of our Pack n'' Play (Combi DX) I didn''t want to spend the money on a seperate one so this is the only P''nP with a removable bassinet. Love it so far.

Ella, such a sweet nursery. Your time is near girl! I can''t wait to hear YOUR birth story. Try to enjoy these last few weeks.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I want a Disney themed mural, but it doesn''t look like I''m going to get my way. Nate is being a jerk.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 10:16:36 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I want a Disney themed mural, but it doesn''t look like I''m going to get my way. Nate is being a jerk.

Is it the "whole wall" aspect, or the "character" that he doesn''t like? My cousins did their nursery with characters on the walls but in certain themed areas. They had Owl from Winnie the Pooh by the book area, and Pooh trying to get through the closet door, etc. So, it wasn''t overwhelming, just cute. (They rented an overhead projector and traced the image on to the wall, then colored it in with small brushes.)

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 12:14:39 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Date: 11/12/2007 10:16:36 PM

Author: pennquaker09

Is it the ''whole wall'' aspect, or the ''character'' that he doesn''t like? My cousins did their nursery with characters on the walls but in certain themed areas. They had Owl from Winnie the Pooh by the book area, and Pooh trying to get through the closet door, etc. So, it wasn''t overwhelming, just cute. (They rented an overhead projector and traced the image on to the wall, then colored it in with small brushes.)

I want something with a gender neutral theme. He wants a sports theme. Nate is a huge football guy, he played in high school and college. My idea is a primarily Mickey Mouse theme because if we have boys or girls, or a combination, Mickey goes over well. He has this aversion to color, and it''s weird. I wanted that classic red dining room, he says no. If I don''t get my way, I''m ordering everything from PoshTots. He''s gonna love that bill. I''m soo sneaky!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Pennquaker, you guys are having twins, right? In the same room? So if you don''t know whether you''re having boys or girls or one of each, why would Nate want a sports theme?! We''re having a boy and girl and they''ll be sharing a room for a while, so we had to go with a pretty neutral room too -- we tried to make her bed a bit more girly and his a bit more boyish, but still coordinating and the overall room itself isn''t too babyish or cutesy. It was hard finding exactly what we wanted though! Ours is from Pottery Barn Kids.

When are your twins arriving? So exciting, isn''t it??
36.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
He's a smart guy, but for some reason he just knows we're having boys. Boys tend to run in our fams, but I'm the more realistic of the two of us. His mom and I brought up the same thing and his reply was, "Girls play sports too."

There is a baby/kid furniture store in Philly that has lots of great stuff. I have a very specific idea of what I want. My other idea is centered around frogs with a green and brown color scheme. Every idea that I have are kind of sophisticated. I don't do causal very well, or pastels. Gosh, I loathe pastels. The closest I'll get is pink and chocolate brown.

It's definitely exciting, but I'm nervous. The due date is May 18. With my luck, Victoria will go into labor on my graduation day. :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Penn~ (sorry had to shorten it!)

My brother and SIL are expecting, and he wanted to do a Dallas Cowboys theme no matter what gender, so I get it.

The bright colors are going to be very stimulating to the babies. It may make it difficult to relax. Pastel colors are shown to be calming and help induce sleep.

Maybe you could do your muted frog colors in the nursery, and do the brights in a play room? Frogs are cute for boys and girls. If you have girls or a girl and a boy, just put some ribbon around a couple frog''s necks and throw in something pink.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andrey was generous enough to reopen this thread for all the new mommies and mommies to be. Feel free to post photos of your beautiful nurseries. You might not have time to later
2.gif

TGal, pics of your office are always welcomed!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 10:27:57 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Andrey was generous enough to reopen this thread for all the new mommies and mommies to be. Feel free to post photos of your beautiful nurseries. You might not have time to later
2.gif

TGal, pics of your office are always welcomed!!!

Or her laundry basket
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili where are your pics???

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 10:46:55 PM
Lili where are your pics???

Oh Tacori, I''m so unprepared for this baby. No nursery what so ever set up, even though I do have a room for it.
I don''t even have all the essentials yet -- like diapers, formula (in case i give up on BF
23.gif
), and clothings.
And I have yet to read up on how to tame a crying baby
32.gif

On top of all that, I have my tax return to file and maternity leave forms to fill -- so I''m really hoping that I don''t go this full moon!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lili you will be fine. A newborn needs surprisingly little. Diapers, wipes, your boob
2.gif
, a safe place to sleep and your love. Do you have an extra laundry basket?
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, there is no way I''m posting office pics...you all will feel very sorry for TTot. The crib is just a mesh bumper and an ultimate crib sheet, but I could not find colored ones that I liked (nor could I find them anywhere but online) so I had to use the white ones. The crib is so sterile...like a hospital bed!

lili, don''t worry, you''ll pull it together. I haven''t done my taxes either, so I can''t afford to go this full moon!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
This is the crib that I think I''m going to order. I''m to order them in different colors, but I don''t know which ones just yet. I''ve pretty much let the idea of a nursery go since we''re going to sell this house after the twins are born anyway.

Kenridge Crib

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Penn, nice! What colors? Do you have bedding yet? When is the twins EDD? Soon right?!? Is Nate going to let you have your way in your new house?

TGal, I got the blue ultimate crib sheet. It is the same color as my walls. The mesh bumper is a LIFE saver! No stuck limbs and I love how it is padded to protect my wiggle worm''s head.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah...I''m into minimal bedding Tacori...and I liked the idea of a breathable mesh bumper so much better!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 11:20:26 PM
Oh Lili you will be fine. A newborn needs surprisingly little. Diapers, wipes, your boob
2.gif
, a safe place to sleep and your love. Do you have an extra laundry basket?
3.gif

No, but I do have an extra drawer
2.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 11:54:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Tacori, there is no way I'm posting office pics...you all will feel very sorry for TTot. The crib is just a mesh bumper and an ultimate crib sheet, but I could not find colored ones that I liked (nor could I find them anywhere but online) so I had to use the white ones. The crib is so sterile...like a hospital bed!

lili, don't worry, you'll pull it together. I haven't done my taxes either, so I can't afford to go this full moon!
Well come October, TTot will have someone to commiserate with... our baby is getting a corner of the living room and not much else!
3.gif
But I figure we'll probably only have the opportunity to have a city baby once, so we may as well take advantage... even if it means giving up the idea of a fun little nursery. I'm putting all my money into the stroller instead! Maybe I'll post pix of that, once we purchase it.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 3:27:17 PM
Author: ephemery1

Date: 3/18/2008 11:54:56 PM
Tacori, there is no way I''m posting office pics...you all will feel very sorry for TTot. The crib is just a mesh bumper and an ultimate crib sheet, but I could not find colored ones that I liked (nor could I find them anywhere but online) so I had to use the white ones. The crib is so sterile...like a hospital bed!

lili, don''t worry, you''ll pull it together. I haven''t done my taxes either, so I can''t afford to go this full moon!
Well come October, TTot will have someone to commiserate with... our baby is getting a corner of the living room and not much else!
3.gif
But I figure we''ll probably only have the opportunity to have a city baby once, so we may as well take advantage... even if it means giving up the idea of a fun little nursery. I''m putting all my money into the stroller instead! Maybe I''ll post pix of that, once we purchase it.
2.gif
Oooh, maybe we should start a stroller thread!

I forgot where you live Ephemery? I thought it was somewhere in PA?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 4:12:26 PM

Date: 3/19/2008 3:27:17 PM
Author: ephemery1

3.gif
But I figure we''ll probably only have the opportunity to have a city baby once, so we may as well take advantage... even if it means giving up the idea of a fun little nursery. I''m putting all my money into the stroller instead! Maybe I''ll post pix of that, once we purchase it.
2.gif
Oooh, maybe we should start a stroller thread!

I forgot where you live Ephemery? I thought it was somewhere in PA?
Oh I would definitely be into a stroller thread... I''m practically stalking them these days every time I walk through the park and down the street. I MAY even admit to following people into stores just to get a better glimpse, when it''s something really unusual and interesting-looking.
2.gif

I''m originally from Hershey but I''ve lived in downtown Philly the last 6 years. DH and I met here, and love the area we live in, so we''re excited about having our first baby here... although ask me again in a year or so, and I might be frantically house-hunting for something bigger than a 1-bedroom, 950 s.f. apartment.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results